BOTC BOTC
The Girls UnD1sputed Showcase less than 1 Week Away - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,673
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dead horse. Let it go. Don’t try out anymore. It’s ok. I’m sure you’ve never coached a game, ran a tryout or made a mistake. The team looks pretty solid and they have the top kids on there so they ended up getting it right. I’m sure you know what they say about opinions and aholes…..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
https://americanselectlacrosse.com/frequently-asked-questions

“EACH TEAM WILL HAVE 22 ROSTER SPOTS.“

https://www.gocoppermine.com/club-teams/lacrosse/club-teams/central/central-2029-black/

Coach: Carol Hatton
Player: Reese Hatton

https://steps.teamsportsinfo.com/americanselect-mainevent-2024/aslrosters

23 girls on Red roster, including player in question

https://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/posts/list/45/1115677.page

Here is a forum of local lacrosse parents talking about tryouts in previous years. As expected same formula as they used this year:

“Max of 22 per team. Would expect 100+ for 2025 tryouts, 80-100 for 2026 tryouts and probably 45-60 for each of the lower grades.

Will usually get cut down to 35-40 about 2 hours in for scrimmages/callback games.”

Fact: player in question was cut in first round of cuts
Fact: absolutely no other player who was cut and didn’t make it to end of day got an offer for Red but her
Fact: she is an extra player according to the roster limits set by AS

So like someone said earlier mommy magic is real

She is listed as another midfielder, 10 on that team already. Heros addition is also midfield.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She probably also used a coaches discount to get a reduced price to take the stop of our daughters who we were willing to pay full price before knowing this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the top girls are not all on that team... You have top A players that were cut and several on the Yellow team including the top goalie in the 29 age group. So AS, you did NOT get it right. There is also a 2030 listed on there from HHH Philly, so please go ahead and tell me again - how AS got it right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

https://www.gocoppermine.com/club-teams/lacrosse/club-teams/central/central-2029-black/

Here is a forum of local lacrosse parents talking about tryouts in previous years. As expected same formula as they used this year:

“Max of 22 per team. Would expect 100+ for 2025 tryouts, 80-100 for 2026 tryouts and probably 45-60 for each of the lower grades.

Will usually get cut down to 35-40 about 2 hours in for scrimmages/callback games.”

Fact: absolutely no other player who was cut and didn’t make it to end of day got an offer for Red but her

She is listed as another midfielder, 10 on that team already. Heros addition is also midfield.

Exactly! 10 midfielders... out of the 20 field players... pretty sure that was not the original plan for AS...good work Heros and Coppermine mom.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Coppermine mom cut people off in her car on the way to tryouts and then clubbed baby seals afterwards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Coppermine mom cut people off in her car on the way to tryouts and then clubbed baby seals afterwards.

What's funny is that while people are here joking about her, not a single person has come out and said "she would never do this" or "there's no way she would interfere like this". Sometimes the silence speaks volumes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's funny is that while people are here joking about her, not a single person has come out and said "she would never do this" or "there's no way she would interfere like this". Sometimes the silence speaks volumes.
Why would anyone bother? Youll just attack and blame her for making the post and we really would all like this topic to die on these board because you are acting like a toddler who can’t move on when things didn’t go your way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! 10 midfielders... out of the 20 field players... pretty sure that was not the original plan for AS...good work Heros and Coppermine mom.

Shameful to be calling out specific children on this thread. Let it go. College coaches aren’t watching 2029’s. Move on already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shameful to be calling out specific children on this thread. Let it go. College coaches aren’t watching 2029’s. Move on already.
Truly shameful to use a child’s name on here ! If you’re gonna do that at least have the guts to sign your name and don’t hide behind the anon post . lost

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the posters above shaming someone for using a kid’s name here, the mom is to blame. Everyone saw her kid get cut and she just had to make the call and get her kid on Red. Nobody would be confused as to what took place the second those rosters were released. lost move by mom. And someone asked for receipts so don’t be surprised when they are provided.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the posters above shaming someone for using a kid’s name here, the mom is to blame. Everyone saw her kid get cut and she just had to make the call and get her kid on Red. Nobody would be confused as to what took place the second those rosters were released. lost move by mom. And someone asked for receipts so don’t be surprised when they are provided.

I would expect adults to have a little more self restraint and prioritize the privacy of an adolescent over their petty need to get even in regard to team selection for a children’s all star team. Also, if it’s about “receipts” - have the stones to post your name when calling out other individuals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So because a few dozen (max) people saw a kid get cut and she ultimately was placed on the roster, it logically follows to spread that information to hundreds if not thousands of online readers, along with your assumed set of facts re: the child's cut and ultimate selection? Solid logic. Get a grip and a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would expect adults to have a little more self restraint and prioritize the privacy of an adolescent over their petty need to get even in regard to team selection for a children’s all star team. Also, if it’s about “receipts” - have the stones to post your name when calling out other individuals.[/quote]

Nah, would rather remain anonymous. That is why I would never demand my kid get placed on a team who cut her and make me and my kid a talking point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So because a few dozen (max) people saw a kid get cut and she ultimately was placed on the roster, it logically follows to spread that information to hundreds if not thousands of online readers, along with your assumed set of facts re: the child's cut and ultimate selection? Solid logic. Get a grip and a life.

Weird bc the entire mid atlantic girls lax community knew about her getting cut immediately. You must not be in the loop

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always love the parent who has to justify their child's weaknesses by saying that today's strong players will suddenly fall off at some arbitrary future date. I hope that gets you through your Friday afternoon.

Everyone needs to take the whole American Select roster issue with some perspective. Last year there were 21 players selected to the 2028 team (Maryland only field 1 ASL team last year for 2028). Of the 21 players from last year's team - there are only 3 players on the Red 2028 team this year and only 4 players on the Yellow team. The other 14 players from last summer are not rostered this year.

The 2029 talent is so deep that ASL chose to field 2 teams. That is a credit to the talent in the area. Kids develop at different rates and some will have tremendous growth over the next 12 months. The rosters for next years ASL teams will be significantly different than this year.

Parents and coaches should be focusing on the growth and development of their athletes. ASL is an amazing experience for those that have the opportunity to play this summer. If your child didn't make a team, use it as motivation and keep working hard. If the 2028 rosters are any indication, next year's tryouts will be wide open. Looking forward to seeing all the talent in Delaware this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would expect adults to have a little more self restraint and prioritize the privacy of an adolescent over their petty need to get even in regard to team selection for a children’s all star team. Also, if it’s about “receipts” - have the stones to post your name when calling out other individuals.

Nah, would rather remain anonymous. That is why I would never demand my kid get placed on a team who cut her and make me and my kid a talking point.[/quote]
We all know who you are anyway. Your poor daughter. Will you stay with your team this year or move her again (will this be 5th team in 5!years?!??!) Poor kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We get it. You’re mad and your daughter isn’t good. Now go away !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there is so much talent from MD, why isn’t there a 3rd team? LI is fielding 3 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah, would rather remain anonymous. That is why I would never demand my kid get placed on a team who cut her and make me and my kid a talking point.
We all know who you are anyway. Your poor daughter. Will you stay with your team this year or move her again (will this be 5th team in 5!years?!??!) Poor kid.[/quote]

Moderator, remove that post.
Your repetitive posts about this family meets standards of cyber bullying and harassment. people know who you are so why not sign these posts like you do others? I hope that this family fallows the advice to press charges and sue you for everything you have and force you to finally get the mental help and addiction treatment that so many agree you so desperately need and to get you removed from this forum for good. Stop using this forum to hurt uninvolved innocent talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all know who you are anyway. Your poor daughter. Will you stay with your team this year or move her again (will this be 5th team in 5!years?!??!) Poor kid.[/quote]

Get some professional help. Your comment has nothing to do with what's been said. It’s another pathetic attempt to use this forum to inappropriately disgrace good people. Please find a better way cope with your incompetence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First things first, I’m not the parent of any child being discussed but, feel obligated to say my two cents. I’ve manage to avoid posting on this forum for years but, hearing and then reading the things being said made me feel the need to speak up.

First, to the parents who may see their child’s name on here, I’m sorry as I know first hand it is difficult but, know there are plenty of good people who will support your daughter (from other clubs than your own) regardless of what you see written by a few immature grown people (refuse to call them adults). My daughter knows both the kids being discussed and enjoys the competition and friendship on the field. If you were to ask her if she considers them friends, she would say yes even though she hasn’t spent much time with them off the field. If she were to see them at the field or off the field in a social setting she wouldn’t hesitate to say hello and chat. Why you ask? Because that is what youth sports is about! For some reason some have completely forgotten this is a GAME played by children. And yet we wonder why kids quit sports at such a young age these days.

Second, to the grown person(s) who feel it is okay to talk about CHILDREN, I hope one day you grow up but, I’m not optimistic. These are children, barely teenagers and you talk about them freely as if it’s okay and acceptable because well, why not right? I mean you must figure no one knows who you are behind your phone or computer screen so it’s easy. Thats’s cowardice. Sure go ahead flame me and explain why in your mind it is all acceptable. I don’t care. But know something, YOUR reputation as a parent follows your child and one day you may be asking “how” your DD didn’t make a team or get a scholarship offer. That may be the day you realize your actions had a direct on your own child. Oh and trust me, if you don’t think clubs, HS or Colleges care, you are so sadly mistaken.

Lastly, I second the request to ask the moderator of this forum to remove all the post that make reference to these children as it violates your own policy. I hope you do the right thing and remove the posts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moderator, remove this post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You've got it wrong again and "we know who you are!". that kid and her family have nothing to do with this and you knew that before making that post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We should expose their DD, that would at least be a truthful exposure unlike what they did

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We should expose their DD, that would at least be a truthful exposure unlike what they did

The mom is such a kind thoughtful woman. I’m certain she wouldn’t want this. Let her handle it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First things first, I’m not the parent of any child being discussed but, feel obligated to say my two cents. I’ve manage to avoid posting on this forum for years but, hearing and then reading the things being said made me feel the need to speak up.

First, to the parents who may see their child’s name on here, I’m sorry as I know first hand it is difficult but, know there are plenty of good people who will support your daughter (from other clubs than your own) regardless of what you see written by a few immature grown people (refuse to call them adults). My daughter knows both the kids being discussed and enjoys the competition and friendship on the field. If you were to ask her if she considers them friends, she would say yes even though she hasn’t spent much time with them off the field. If she were to see them at the field or off the field in a social setting she wouldn’t hesitate to say hello and chat. Why you ask? Because that is what youth sports is about! For some reason some have completely forgotten this is a GAME played by children. And yet we wonder why kids quit sports at such a young age these days.

Second, to the grown person(s) who feel it is okay to talk about CHILDREN, I hope one day you grow up but, I’m not optimistic. These are children, barely teenagers and you talk about them freely as if it’s okay and acceptable because well, why not right? I mean you must figure no one knows who you are behind your phone or computer screen so it’s easy. Thats’s cowardice. Sure go ahead flame me and explain why in your mind it is all acceptable. I don’t care. But know something, YOUR reputation as a parent follows your child and one day you may be asking “how” your DD didn’t make a team or get a scholarship offer. That may be the day you realize your actions had a direct on your own child. Oh and trust me, if you don’t think clubs, HS or Colleges care, you are so sadly mistaken.

Lastly, I second the request to ask the moderator of this forum to remove all the post that make reference to these children as it violates your own policy. I hope you do the right thing and remove the posts.

Agree with the morals of what say except you can’t compare the 2 families. 1 is a parent coach acting to upset parents/players calling attention to herself & DD, other seems to have done nothing, may not even know what is being said here. Even worse than the momcoach is the poster using this forum to keep going after a 7th grade child without her parents even knowing. I also hope that whatever necessary is done to hold them accountable and prohibit them from accessing this forum in the future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with the morals of what say except you can’t compare the 2 families. 1 is a parent coach acting to upset parents/players calling attention to herself & DD, other seems to have done nothing, may not even know what is being said here. Even worse than the momcoach is the poster using this forum to keep going after a 7th grade child without her parents even knowing. I also hope that whatever necessary is done to hold them accountable and prohibit them from accessing this forum in the future.

Agree but honestly I am not sure if anyone even knows who the third player referenced is... the first two were obvious based on the AS rosters. It seems like two people with a gripe and the rest of us are clueless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any of you going to grow up and realize that this is just lacrosse! The fact that grown adults (of course maybe some "kids" too) are going on here and acting so incredibly childish over lacrosse - really? This is out of control! At the end of the day - NONE OF THIS MATTERS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree but honestly I am not sure if anyone even knows who the third player referenced is... the first two were obvious based on the AS rosters. It seems like two people with a gripe and the rest of us are clueless.

and the non-clueless are not going to clue in the clueless about the 3rd child. i heard the family is handling it formally which will take a long time. Only 1 of the AS problem parents was identified. the hero's girl wasn't cut so her identity was not revealed with the rosters going public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tradition has lost to multiple teams and yet is still ranked higher than those teams 🤔
Tradition has lost to multiple teams and yet is still ranked higher than those teams 🤔

Said it once (well several times) and I’ll say it again. The rankings heavily favored LI teams this fall. And it’s run out of LI. It’s a joke! But not surprising.

The 3 best teams are in Maryland. And are 1,7,9 and should be 1,2,3.

The rankings are ratings/rankings are average goal differential plus average opponent strength score. The bias you speak of is not in that equation.

In the fall, there are not enough common opponents between the regions, therefore, the system has to imply a strength rating to the "top" teams in LI. The system clearly gave them a higher strength rating this fall then they deserved. It will all work out by end of summer once there are more common opponents. I.e. once LI decides to travel south to play mid Atlantic teams.

This is inaccurate. In inquired with USCL regarding the intial formulas for determining strength score. There is never an implied strength score. All teams start on a level playing field. After the initial six games, goal differentials affect the standard baseline strength rating that each team receives and then each team's strength rating is adjusted and the differential's affect on the baseline score adjusts it to a new number. That new number is then retroactively applied to the old matches and it is recalculated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Said it once (well several times) and I’ll say it again. The rankings heavily favored LI teams this fall. And it’s run out of LI. It’s a joke! But not surprising.

The rankings are ratings/rankings are average goal differential plus average opponent strength score. The bias you speak of is not in that equation.

In the fall, there are not enough common opponents between the regions, therefore, the system has to imply a strength rating to the "top" teams in LI. The system clearly gave them a higher strength rating this fall then they deserved. It will all work out by end of summer once there are more common opponents. I.e. once LI decides to travel south to play mid Atlantic teams.

This is inaccurate. In inquired with USCL regarding the intial formulas for determining strength score. There is never an implied strength score. All teams start on a level playing field. After the initial six games, goal differentials affect the standard baseline strength rating that each team receives and then each team's strength rating is adjusted and the differential's affect on the baseline score adjusts it to a new number. That new number is then retroactively applied to the old matches and it is recalculated.

OMG who cares if they are 1,2,3. It does not matter. The people stalking this page and stalking 2029 ranking is beyond silly. I have a 2029 and 2026 and let me tell you it really doesn't mean anything. The gapes will start to even out as they get older and basically all the top teams can beat each other on any given day. And by top teams I mean top 10..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG who cares if they are 1,2,3. It does not matter. The people stalking this page and stalking 2029 ranking is beyond silly. I have a 2029 and 2026 and let me tell you it really doesn't mean anything. The gapes will start to even out as they get older and basically all the top teams can beat each other on any given day. And by top teams I mean top 10..
Yes. You are so right. Any given day you don’t know who will come out with the W. We are lucky to play in this region - lots of girls who are into lax and looking to get better. Only serves them well for their futures whatever they want it to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look out for 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look out for 91

🙈

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rankings are inaccurate. The guy running them never goes to a game. Everyone knows the top 20 all play in the top brackets at tournies. Their director enters them there. The guy running uscl is trying to make money off you now. Using his ranking to get you into his golden 16. The top teams face the top 16 every weekends. You wanna know if you’re good. Ask your director to put you in the 5A brackets with Heros / M&D / YJ / Aces / Monster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rankings are inaccurate. The guy running them never goes to a game. Everyone knows the top 20 all play in the top brackets at tournies. Their director enters them there. The guy running uscl is trying to make money off you now. Using his ranking to get you into his golden 16. The top teams face the top 16 every weekends. You wanna know if you’re good. Ask your director to put you in the 5A brackets with Heros / M&D / YJ / Aces / Monster.

Monster? Try Coppermine, LI Roar, NXT, EagleStix…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Monster? Try Coppermine, LI Roar, NXT, EagleStix…

Rankings are a joke and that was proved this weekend. Team 91 is barely a top 10 team let alone 2nd. Aces. Maybe top 20? YJ finally had to play somebody and didn’t look to great either. I don’t care what USCL told the one 91 dad who checked on “how” they do the rankings. The eye test is all that is needed.

It’s Heros, M&D, Coppermine, NXT. Pick your order after Heros but, on any given day those 4 teams can beat each other. That’s been proven the last two weeks. Everyone else if fighting to be 5th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd actually say it's Hero's, then M&D, Copp & NXT, then everyone else. The rankings are just a mathematical algorithm, and they're actually a pretty decent indicator of competitiveness in my experience although not perfect by any means, similar to the NCAA basketball RPI. This year's ranking of the LI teams is an exception imo and an area they need to improve (coming up with a baseline indicator for teams who don't have a lot of early season games). Unless I'm mistaken, 91 will drop after this past weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd actually say it's Hero's, then M&D, Copp & NXT, then everyone else. The rankings are just a mathematical algorithm, and they're actually a pretty decent indicator of competitiveness in my experience although not perfect by any means, similar to the NCAA basketball RPI. This year's ranking of the LI teams is an exception imo and an area they need to improve (coming up with a baseline indicator for teams who don't have a lot of early season games). Unless I'm mistaken, 91 will drop after this past weekend.

Don’t be surprised when they are still second. The LI bias was so strong in fall that it will allow 91 to go 1-3 and stay at the top.

Not to mention the half game playoff games hurt the teams who made it to playoffs goal diff. The system is flawed because it doesn’t account for the half a game playoffs. A 4 goal win in the playoff which is half a game shouldn’t be counted the same as a full game 4 goal win.

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard