BOTC BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Tryouts Now Posted Onine!!! | Last Chance to attend The CB Laxers Girls UnD1sputed Showcase on Monday - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,952
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 136 of 139 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 139
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amount of back door deals and politics in private school are enough to make you detest the sport and wish you had gone public. Entitled parents who feel if they pay, they have a say. If you have to pick up the phone and make a call to a coach, if you have to corner a coach after a game, if you have to email a coach the day after a game, if you are putting any pressure on a coach to play your kid in front of others more worthy, you have a player who can't make it on her/his own. So in reality, it's all about you and YOUR ego, and not your player. Tell me I am wrong and I will tell you that you are lying. Happens in IAAM every day, even off season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say both Liberty and Century have above average public school lacrosse and Liberty is a bit better academically. Some very good players and D1/D2/D3 commits every year. They just don't have the depth as some of the larger schools and certainly the IAAM schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few top players on Century and Liberty are on club B teams, so maybe they dont get the credit they deserve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The amount of back door deals and politics in private school are enough to make you detest the sport and wish you had gone public. Entitled parents who feel if they pay, they have a say. If you have to pick up the phone and make a call to a coach, if you have to corner a coach after a game, if you have to email a coach the day after a game, if you are putting any pressure on a coach to play your kid in front of others more worthy, you have a player who can't make it on her/his own. So in reality, it's all about you and YOUR ego, and not your player. Tell me I am wrong and I will tell you that you are lying. Happens in IAAM every day, even off season.

Listen, I get your point, but at same time, there should be communication from coach to player, about placement on a team, where they are on depth chart, etc. I'd say every coach should have a Fall, preaseason and post season de-briefing with a player, similar to a teacher would with a student. To that point, its not unreasonable for a parent to have a conversation with a teacher if grades slip.

I see that no different with a coach and parent. Now, the parent has no right to make demands, but communication is a positive thing for all. Your kid not getting draws, why? What does she need to work on. Are those kids in front of her just better, thats ok too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen, I get your point, but at same time, there should be communication from coach to player, about placement on a team, where they are on depth chart, etc. I'd say every coach should have a Fall, preaseason and post season de-briefing with a player, similar to a teacher would with a student. To that point, its not unreasonable for a parent to have a conversation with a teacher if grades slip.

I see that no different with a coach and parent. Now, the parent has no right to make demands, but communication is a positive thing for all. Your kid not getting draws, why? What does she need to work on. Are those kids in front of her just better, thats ok too.
Absolutely NOT questions for the parents to ask. Absolutely questions the player should ask. Parents should not be involved in anyway whatsoever at the high school level. If they are, their child should not be on the team they are on.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Happens in public schools every day , even in off season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely NOT questions for the parents to ask. Absolutely questions the player should ask. Parents should not be involved in anyway whatsoever at the high school level. If they are, their child should not be on the team they are on.

Devils Advocate, but when privates try to recruit your child to their schools, do they involve the parents? Did the coach sit with the parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to this forum, we should find out about all the big transfers tomorrow. So exciting!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well what’s going on at VT and Xavier that has players bailing? Geez

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to play at a high level D1, then you need to navigate many different things. If you child is good enough , the coach will find a way to get you out on field and a possible D1 spot. public, your pickings are slim at college level and you have many of same politics.

Private isnt for everyone and it cost more than many are willing to spend or have. Just the way it is. So, yes you are wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Move a few miles south to Howard County and you have Marriotts Ridge and Glenelg

And it cost twice as much… but I’m guessing I’ll be blasted for saying that on this pretentious forum.

Well you would deserve it. Cost is not an issue with most schools discussed here. We prefer it that way. There are other sports for the less fortunate.

and this is why I am glad my kids go to public school- where people dont make comments like that.

As am I. It is the right fit for you. I on the other hand , prefer Private. Not a troll at all, just telling the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well you would deserve it. Cost is not an issue with most schools discussed here. We prefer it that way. There are other sports for the less fortunate.[/quote

this would be comical if this person wasn't serious. No one considers themselves " less fortunate" if their kid doesn't attend garrison forest orRPCS or Maryvale or Mt De Sales or Mercy or SPSG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worst decision I ever made was allowing my wife to sign my daughter up for lacrosse since she played. I played soccer in an area of the country that didn’t play lacrosse at the time & have never experienced pettiness like this. The private vs public issue is such a joke. Everyone thinks it’s such a big deal and it determines their social status but honestly outside this area nobody cares. Academics will get you just as much of a scholarship as lacrosse now a days. Only thing I like about lacrosse, as in any sport, is the friendships my daughter has made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Worst decision I ever made was allowing my wife to sign my daughter up for lacrosse since she played. I played soccer in an area of the country that didn’t play lacrosse at the time & have never experienced pettiness like this. The private vs public issue is such a joke. Everyone thinks it’s such a big deal and it determines their social status but honestly outside this area nobody cares. Academics will get you just as much of a scholarship as lacrosse now a days. Only thing I like about lacrosse, as in any sport, is the friendships my daughter has made.
This^
It’s so out of control! Private, Public- it doesn’t matter!!!!! Stop living thru your daughters & let them decide- stop making them think that this @ChillLaxin matters, because it doesn’t! Your daughter will end up where she is supposed to & it doesn’t matter what Club she’s on or what HS she goes to. Take a chill pill!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is - @ChillLaxin? I see it posted all of the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard the most toxic player and family on McD won’t be back next year. Needed to go to a school where mommy coach has more control. I’m guessing this helps team next year. Won’t matter for me now that my kid graduated but I bet the number of comments dies down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make no mistake about it but family toxicity is still there. They act quietly and run the politic circle on that team and despite their musings the buddy head coach couldn’t win with the same talent that TC had. Graduation is our gift from that dysfunctional team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Mt deSales is moving down to the B, anyone can confirm?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard the most toxic player and family on McD won’t be back next year. Needed to go to a school where mommy coach has more control. I’m guessing this helps team next year. Won’t matter for me now that my kid graduated but I bet the number of comments dies down.
Until you and your daughter are gone JO, the toxicity remains. Make no mistake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Make no mistake about it but family toxicity is still there. They act quietly and run the politic circle on that team and despite their musings the buddy head coach couldn’t win with the same talent that TC had. Graduation is our gift from that dysfunctional team

Yes, glad to be done as well. Nastiness abounds on that team and they will self destruct next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering same thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering same thing
If you use a mild curse word, the site replaces it with “chill Laxin”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering same thing
It’s BOTC censoring words.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Mercy too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Mercy too

Wow, the best player in the world’s parents much be going fool!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Mercy too

Too funny, I am most excited for watching USF in the coming years. I know the one girl from mercy was decommitted by the school but if you look at the majority of the Maryland girls between the 24’s and 25’s it’s a who’s who of fool parents. Can’t imagine it isn’t going to be a glorious dumpster fire unless these parents really change their stripes and the coaches break years of brainwashing on the girls. Maybe the mcd girl will be added to the class of 26 too!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Mercy too

Too funny, I am most excited for watching USF in the coming years. I know the one girl from mercy was decommitted by the school but if you look at the majority of the Maryland girls between the 24’s and 25’s it’s a who’s who of fool parents. Can’t imagine it isn’t going to be a glorious dumpster fire unless these parents really change their stripes and the coaches break years of brainwashing on the girls. Maybe the mcd girl will be added to the class of 26 too!!!

Not familiar with any of these parents (except one), but aside from getting in their daughter's ear, are "problem" parents really an issue at the next level? I mean, I can't see college coaches putting up with that nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wondering same thing
It’s BOTC censoring words.
This^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Mercy too

What about GCS?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Balt sun rankings are a joke! How is Gerstell number 14 ? Beat nobody that is any good. There are at least 12 teams better than them in A conference. These things are such a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Balt sun rankings are a joke! How is Gerstell number 14 ? Beat nobody that is any good. There are at least 12 teams better than them in A conference. These things are such a joke.
Kennedy connection to Baltimore Sun is only explanation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yup it is THE explanation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, glad to be done as well. Nastiness abounds on that team and they will self destruct next year

The 2 dads that think they run the lax work are obnoxious as heck. Breeding mean little girls that can do whatever they want. The school could do everyone a favor and kick the little drinker out and take video dad with her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2 dads that think they run the lax work are obnoxious as heck. Breeding mean little girls that can do whatever they want. The school could do everyone a favor and kick the little drinker out and take video dad with her.

Wow..Mcd sounds like a complete LaxinItUp show. Comparing talent on Mcd to St. Paul’s, I think most would take Mcd every time. Maybe next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t the HS lax season over? Don’t you have anything better to do than keep raising the same thing over and over. All this rumbling and grumbling sounds like the kind of stuff you hear from people mad that their kids didn’t play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Mercy too

What about GCS?

Staying in A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait until you guys get to meet the incoming dad from M&D 2028! He's a real doozy and will fit right in...have fun with him...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this rumbling and grumbling sounds like the kind of stuff you hear from people mad that their kids didn’t play.[/quote]

That’s obvious but it’s the reason how slow and entitled gets max time. Nepotism at its best at McD
Probably why they lost and won’t win again for a while

Like Reply Quote
Page 136 of 139 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 139
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard