BOTC BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Tryouts Now Posted Onine!!! | Last Chance to attend The CB Laxers Girls UnD1sputed Showcase on Monday - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,818
Posts393,819
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Skip the late July all-star games. They are just money makers for the organizers. Save the extra money and use it towards a nice family vacation at the beach. Your daughter has already had a long spring and summer club season. Spend some quality time with her just relaxing, laughing, and playing catch with her in the sand. You don't get those times back. If she's a quality player, she will get noticed throughout her club seasons and at camps. Don't feed the machine...

They are 7th grade, NONE of it matters!
Agree but- Cue the parent who will keep hysterically explaining to you why it does matter! Feel so bad for her kid.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just let it go! It's over and nothing will change or can be done now. If you are so unhappy ask for a refund.

Translation: I already made the call and got my kid in, so shut up about our shady backroom dealings!

Things will change because now the 2029 parent group knows that this supposed unbiased all star team is a sham, that the connected moms/coaches can get girls on whatever team they see fit, and to not waste money next year. That is the beauty of boards like this, we get to warn others, sorry you’re mad about your scheme getting busted.[/quote]

From here on out if a Coppermine coaches kid shows up to a tryout we’re leaving and asking for a refund. That should take care of this problem. Who’s with me?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massachusetts and Texas had tryouts on May 18th and May 19th as well. Those rosters are posted yet either. How long does it usually take AS to post the rosters?

All of the kids who have paid are on the TSIC website. if you are curious just look it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Massachusetts and Texas had tryouts on May 18th and May 19th as well. Those rosters are posted yet either. How long does it usually take AS to post the rosters?

All of the kids who have paid are on the TSIC website. if you are curious just look it up.

This is not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not true. The roster is not on TeamSports info.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just let it go! It's over and nothing will change or can be done now. If you are so unhappy ask for a refund.

Translation: I already made the call and got my kid in, so shut up about our shady backroom dealings!

Things will change because now the 2029 parent group knows that this supposed unbiased all star team is a sham, that the connected moms/coaches can get girls on whatever team they see fit, and to not waste money next year. That is the beauty of boards like this, we get to warn others, sorry you’re mad about your scheme getting busted.

From here on out if a Coppermine coaches kid shows up to a tryout we’re leaving and asking for a refund. That should take care of this problem. Who’s with me?[/quote]
no one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Things will change because now the 2029 parent group knows that this supposed unbiased all star team is a sham, that the connected moms/coaches can get girls on whatever team they see fit, and to not waste money next year. That is the beauty of boards like this, we get to warn others, sorry you’re mad about your scheme getting busted.

From here on out if a Coppermine coaches kid shows up to a tryout we’re leaving and asking for a refund. That should take care of this problem. Who’s with me?
no one.[/quote]

Actually, many people are with him/her. I’ve talked to a bunch of parents, and most are not going to tryout for AS next year. I understand why you are sour, your kid has benefited from the scheme. However, many eyes were opened due to info posted here, and many will boycott AS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It really is kind of a bonus the 29s are even at this event, don't you think? Like wait a year anyways, what is your rush 7th graders? What's the plan to do instead?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no one.

Actually, many people are with him/her. I’ve talked to a bunch of parents, and most are not going to tryout for AS next year. I understand why you are sour, your kid has benefited from the scheme. However, many eyes were opened due to info posted here, and many will boycott AS.[/quote]

sounds like an issue with AS - which fair enough.
however, mass exodus from a tryout scenario due to one kid trying out is just pretty dramatic any way you slice it. so this like all happens in front of the girls. what is the point? to prove a point and what exactly? to make it so that one kid cant play on any team? what is the end game here? i cant believe some of you (even though i really think its just one person posting over and over and its pretty obvious who it is because again people talk) are still so bent out of shape over this. you are in fact the one people are talking about now. and the fact that this is something you cant move on from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoiler Alert: People will still go to AS tryouts, and AA tryouts and whatever new thing comes along next year or year after,

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, at this point I think we all get it. You have sufficiently strangled the life out of this topic. The AS selection system is sketchy and Coppermine parents successfully pushed for their kids to get selected. About 99% of the people who read this thread don't care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is going to boycott AS. Take a look at the rosters year after year - there is a ton of turnover. If you child did not make the team this year, use it as a learning experience and work harder. A lot of the girls that made the team this year, will not make it next year. Very few 7th graders will be on this team sophomore year. No Excuses, Work Harder

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the others, but my kid got an offer and im still pissed about the whole ordeal. And it’s not just one coppermine kid who got cut and magically asked back, it is heros girls getting bumped to red after phone calls too. As far as boycotting AS, im pretty sure many will. I have looked at rosters from previous years, filled w nobodies from bum programs. So clearly it is replaced with better options aside from the politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I always love the parent who has to justify their child's weaknesses by saying that today's strong players will suddenly fall off at some arbitrary future date. I hope that gets you through your Friday afternoon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, at this point I think we all get it. You have sufficiently strangled the life out of this topic. The AS selection system is sketchy and Coppermine parents successfully pushed for their kids to get selected. About 99% of the people who read this thread don't care.

The topics has indeed been exhausted. But the rosters have finally been posted, so that ought to breathe new life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosters are posted. Let the chaos begin...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And there are 23 on Red and 21 on Yellow. I wonder how that happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw rosters…mommy magic is real!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Red 23 players
Yellow 21 players

🤷‍♂️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is one team in all age groups that has more than 20 field players. Any guess on who that is…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
22 field players on the Red team with the addition of the coppermine girl who didn’t make call backs and the hero’s girl with coach connections who are both on red. Confirmed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bum programs? Who are you referring to? Bitter much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the others, but my kid got an offer and im still pissed about the whole ordeal. And it’s not just one coppermine kid who got cut and magically asked back, it is heros girls getting bumped to red after phone calls too. As far as boycotting AS, im pretty sure many will. I have looked at rosters from previous years, filled w nobodies from bum programs. So clearly it is replaced with better options aside from the politics.

I agree 100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Nobodies from bum programs”….wow, you’re a winner!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoiler Alert: People will still go to AS tryouts, and AA tryouts and whatever new thing comes along next year or year after,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real question is how many of the 23 will see the field for more than 5 minutes per game...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real question is how many of the 23 will see the field for more than 5 minutes per game...

Too many kids. They should cut roster to a manageable number. 20 would be good for a full weekend tournie. Cut the last 3 and bump them to yellow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
22 field players on the Red team with the addition of the coppermine girl who didn’t make call backs and the hero’s girl with coach connections who are both on red. Confirmed.
How is anything confirmed???? Please show us your proof annything in the way of phone calls to get kids in teams is confirmed. You can’t because the proof doesn’t exsist because it didn’t happen. Are you basing this on when some girls were dismissed early? There was ONE round of cut and final rosters weren’t final until evaluators could meet and make teams. You have no idea what you are talking about and it’s reckless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too many kids. They should cut roster to a manageable number. 20 would be good for a full weekend tournie. Cut the last 3 and bump them to yellow.

Trust me from experience. On most teams no more than 16 or 17 get decent minutes unless game is a blowout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is anything confirmed???? Please show us your proof annything in the way of phone calls to get kids in teams is confirmed. You can’t because the proof doesn’t exsist because it didn’t happen. Are you basing this on when some girls were dismissed early? There was ONE round of cut and final rosters weren’t final until evaluators could meet and make teams. You have no idea what you are talking about and it’s reckless.[/quote]

Lmao…ok coach mom. Everyone knows what happened do you really want us to discuss kids’ names and provide receipts here on this forum?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is anything confirmed???? Please show us your proof annything in the way of phone calls to get kids in teams is confirmed. You can’t because the proof doesn’t exsist because it didn’t happen. Are you basing this on when some girls were dismissed early? There was ONE round of cut and final rosters weren’t final until evaluators could meet and make teams. You have no idea what you are talking about and it’s reckless.

Lmao…ok coach mom. Everyone knows what happened do you really want us to discuss kids’ names and provide receipts here on this forum?[/quote]

Sure why not? You’ve already made it pretty clear who you’re talking about so bring it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lmao…ok coach mom. Everyone knows what happened do you really want us to discuss kids’ names and provide receipts here on this forum?

Sure why not? You’ve already made it pretty clear who you’re talking about so bring it[/quote]

Not only that, the poster has made it pretty clear who *she is. When you post inane ramblings all over social media, people can pick up on your writing style and patterns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://americanselectlacrosse.com/frequently-asked-questions

“EACH TEAM WILL HAVE 22 ROSTER SPOTS.“

https://www.gocoppermine.com/club-teams/lacrosse/club-teams/central/central-2029-black/

Coach: Carol Hatton
Player: Reese Hatton

https://steps.teamsportsinfo.com/americanselect-mainevent-2024/aslrosters

23 girls on Red roster, including player in question

https://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/posts/list/45/1115677.page

Here is a forum of local lacrosse parents talking about tryouts in previous years. As expected same formula as they used this year:

“Max of 22 per team. Would expect 100+ for 2025 tryouts, 80-100 for 2026 tryouts and probably 45-60 for each of the lower grades.

Will usually get cut down to 35-40 about 2 hours in for scrimmages/callback games.”

Fact: player in question was cut in first round of cuts
Fact: absolutely no other player who was cut and didn’t make it to end of day got an offer for Red but her
Fact: she is an extra player according to the roster limits set by AS

So like someone said earlier mommy magic is real

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That girl is 100% one of the best 2029 players in the area

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% one of the best in the entire country but that’s not the point. She got cut and magically got added as an extra player. AS pretends that it is above politics but this was clearly a backroom political move. Proves many on here right that it is a sham process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn’t matter

She was not on the day of the tryout, so she got cut that day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right, I'm sure that the only people trying to influence the AS decision makers were Coppermine parents/coaches. Get real - you're assuming that there wasn't bias and politics throughout the entire roster selection. From what I heard, the best players at the tryouts weren't necessary selected and the rosters reflect that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK so mommy coach dearest has been exposed, but why bring the kid into this? that's wrong. For all we know, the kid doesn't even know mommy made a call.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://americanselectlacrosse.com/frequently-asked-questions

“EACH TEAM WILL HAVE 22 ROSTER SPOTS.“

https://www.gocoppermine.com/club-teams/lacrosse/club-teams/central/central-2029-black/

Coach: Carol Hatton
Player: Reese Hatton

https://steps.teamsportsinfo.com/americanselect-mainevent-2024/aslrosters

23 girls on Red roster, including player in question

https://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/posts/list/45/1115677.page

Here is a forum of local lacrosse parents talking about tryouts in previous years. As expected same formula as they used this year:

“Max of 22 per team. Would expect 100+ for 2025 tryouts, 80-100 for 2026 tryouts and probably 45-60 for each of the lower grades.

Will usually get cut down to 35-40 about 2 hours in for scrimmages/callback games.”

Fact: player in question was cut in first round of cuts
Fact: absolutely no other player who was cut and didn’t make it to end of day got an offer for Red but her
Fact: she is an extra player according to the roster limits set by AS

So like someone said earlier mommy magic is real

The 22 per team is said to include 2 goalies per team with only 20 field players so mommy magic is in fact real, a 2029 coach using her connections to take playing time away from deserving young players. Does coppermine admin know what’s going on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% one of the best in the entire country but that’s not the point. She got cut and magically got added as an extra player. AS pretends that it is above politics but this was clearly a backroom political move. Proves many on here right that it is a sham process.
is this your first rodeo?

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 33 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard