BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,166
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 123 of 127 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 126 127
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have no idea what happened at the game but I am aware of facts with regards to BR that you are choosing to ignore. He was thrown out of a game a few years ago and reprimanded by IAAM fro flipping out at the refs and yelling directly at an opposing player he then was suspended for his actions for the next game. I don’t remember any coach in the last 8 years in the IAAM getting suspended. As for his actions at GCS, there have been documented issues during his time there. Feel free to speak to any parent about why he wasn’t offered the head coaching or AD job. (Any parent of course that doesn’t care if their kid goes to Maryland of course). So again, if this is true(which it is) why is it hard to believe that he lashed out at girls again

LOL! Your “facts” are as bad as the SPSG people.
Bottom line is if any of the SPSG incident were even remotely true, BR would have been reprimanded in some way by Maryvale or the league. What is fact is MG and BR are not friends, they don’t like each other. SPSG doesn’t like to lose and it’s funny how when they do, there’s always an “incident” involved so that no one‘s talking about their loss, but instead talking about how they were wronged. Move on. It’s over. You didn’t win.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd be mad if I were SPSG parents too. The wheels might be coming off the wagon. The fact they are still harping about this alleged incident a week later is insanity.
Nailed it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd be mad if I were SPSG parents too. The wheels might be coming off the wagon. The fact they are still harping about this alleged incident a week later is insanity.

I think most of us can agree. Private school parents where girls lacrosse is involved are some of the most insecure, backstabbing, unrealistic people on the planet.

Crying and whining non-stop. You're kids are soft.

"Boo hoo.....coach called me a name". Give me a break. Your daughter is in for a rude awakening in the real world.

It's handled differently in public schools if you catch my drift.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think most of us can agree. Private school parents where girls lacrosse is involved are some of the most insecure, backstabbing, unrealistic people on the planet.

Crying and whining non-stop. You're kids are soft.

"Boo hoo.....coach called me a name". Give me a break. Your daughter is in for a rude awakening in the real world.

It's handled differently in public schools if you catch my drift.

They do nothing at all in the public’s. Plus the quality of athletics is very bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was this goalie drunk too?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do nothing at all in the public’s. Plus the quality of athletics is very bad.[/quote]

This is the case for some Public Schools but not all. Manchester Valley has a great team and ranked #20 Nationally. There are plenty of other public schools where there are good athletic programs and academics too. Private schools have a lot of weak teams too- the entire B & C Divisions. To say they do nothing in public schools is entirely incorrect and sounds ridiculous. Get over yourself and grab another drink at the Valley

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Possible. Wouldn’t be the first time she played that way. Maybe she didn’t even realize she stumbled into the back of a defender. Doesn’t the whole team go to Valley Inn before the game ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard RPCS lost all their coaches what a joke of a program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the case for some Public Schools but not all. Manchester Valley has a great team and ranked #20 Nationally. There are plenty of other public schools where there are good athletic programs and academics too. Private schools have a lot of weak teams too- the entire B & C Divisions. To say they do nothing in public schools is entirely incorrect and sounds ridiculous. Get over yourself and grab another drink at the Valley

Some of the public school kids get 5 star awards playing on HS team but do not shine at all on the club teams. Many even play for the B team. Maybe this is what they are referring too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do nothing at all in the public’s. Plus the quality of athletics is very bad.

This is the case for some Public Schools but not all. Manchester Valley has a great team and ranked #20 Nationally. There are plenty of other public schools where there are good athletic programs and academics too. Private schools have a lot of weak teams too- the entire B & C Divisions. To say they do nothing in public schools is entirely incorrect and sounds ridiculous. Get over yourself and grab another drink at the Valley[/quote]

I always like to point out that the US National Team (the top team in the world) had 3 players that went to High School in Maryland at the last World Championships. 1 was from the IAAM (TC), 2 from Carroll County Public Schools (Lizzie Colson & Alice Mercer). There are plenty of good teams on the Public Side, with high D1 players and quality coaches. And there are many bad teams. Just like the IAAM.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a shame. Who coached them yesterday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Possible. Wouldn’t be the first time she played that way. Maybe she didn’t even realize she stumbled into the back of a defender. Doesn’t the whole team go to Valley Inn before the game ?
You have to be kidding me - leave the kids out of this. Even if the goalie did what she is accused of it doesn't warrant the opposing coach calling her a POS. Ever. I'm sure Maryvales investigation will end when the season does along with his job there. No way they can keep him employed there - such a liability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All programs go through highs and lows. Why so much detest? Remember at the end of the day this is all about a game, one in which kids get recruited (because we know thats what its all about for you) out of their club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The program isn't a joke. The Head of School is. They will be fine. There's a lot of motivated people invested in the kids and the success of the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All? Every one of them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have never heard this about this goalie. Plenty of discussion about another league goalie on here though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All? Every one of them?
I think they returned as they should for the sake of the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ANY coach that gets. a red card is suspended for the next game. Should he have gotten a red card.. probably not but he is certainly not the first coach or the last coach in the IAAM to receive one.
FYI many coaches never receive red cards in their entire career yet how many does this one clown have?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you continue to lie about this coach and what happened at this game and others? No adult including any coach from either team and no official heard anything. And BR has not been reprimanded by the league for any “anger issues” and he was not penalized by his previous school for anything. What did you his guy ever do to you to lie like this?

You meaning sending doubles and being really physical. Then play the victim when opponents call them out. My bet is the coaches sent the goalie to push her over the line. No other reason to have their goalie on the field.

Well...you must have a goalie on the field per rules so there is at least ONE reason.

You don’t need a goalie on the field. You can play with 8 defenders on that end if you wish !

You are WRONG - you have to have a goalie on the field of play. Doesn't matter which end but you MUST HAVE ONE ON THE FIELD...

You should be banned for being so dense! May and must are not the same.
Are we sure this is the same person though? this one was wrong but were they also the one citing the rules!?!?!? also did BR really get away with his verbal attack on a child and then her grandmother? what a fool.

Get away ? The player and grandmother can step up and tell the powers exactly what was said ! Right now the story starts with a jr attacker saying she heard it and everyone believes her. I’m sure if anyone had proof then there would be a big punishment. The St Paul’s coaches and parents are behind the lies. St. Paul’s is a low class place and you can play with 12 field players if you wish.
I have no skin In This fight but out of curiosity why are you so quick to call multiple girls liars for multiple issues that occurred because they attend a specific school while taking the word as gospel of a coach who has been already sanctioned by the iaam for anger issues and was also penalized from his previous coaching job for direct interactions with players, parents, and staff?

Why do you continue to lie about this coach and what happened at this game and others? No adult including any coach from either team and no official heard anything. And BR has not been reprimanded by the league for any “anger issues” and he was not penalized by his previous school for anything. What did you his guy ever do to you to lie like this?

I have no idea what happened at the game but I am aware of facts with regards to BR that you are choosing to ignore. He was thrown out of a game a few years ago and reprimanded by IAAM fro flipping out at the refs and yelling directly at an opposing player he then was suspended for his actions for the next game. I don’t remember any coach in the last 8 years in the IAAM getting suspended. As for his actions at GCS, there have been documented issues during his time there. Feel free to speak to any parent about why he wasn’t offered the head coaching or AD job. (Any parent of course that doesn’t care if their kid goes to Maryland of course). So again, if this is true(which it is) why is it hard to believe that he lashed out at girls again

THIS IS IT!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You meaning sending doubles and being really physical. Then play the victim when opponents call them out. My bet is the coaches sent the goalie to push her over the line. No other reason to have their goalie on the field.

Well...you must have a goalie on the field per rules so there is at least ONE reason.

You don’t need a goalie on the field. You can play with 8 defenders on that end if you wish !

You are WRONG - you have to have a goalie on the field of play. Doesn't matter which end but you MUST HAVE ONE ON THE FIELD...

Sorry to tell you but rules state "may" have a goalie - it is NOT REQUIRED.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Head coach fired, 2 assistants quit, 2 other assistants lead the team to victory over John Carroll. Were girls excited about coaching change b/c they sure played out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to be kidding me - leave the kids out of this. Even if the goalie did what she is accused of it doesn't warrant the opposing coach calling her a POS. Ever. I'm sure Maryvales investigation will end when the season does along with his job there. No way they can keep him employed there - such a liability.

Nobody was called a POS. Only your attacker heard and reported it to get everyone else amped up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line is if any of the SPSG incident were even remotely true, BR would have been reprimanded in some way by Maryvale or the league. What is fact is MG and BR are not friends, they don’t like each other. SPSG doesn’t like to lose and it’s funny how when they do, there’s always an “incident” involved so that no one‘s talking about their loss, but instead talking about how they were wronged. Move on. It’s over. You didn’t win.

League asked the head of schools to vote on immediate removal - they all voted to abstain as it "isn't there issue - it is Maryvale's situation to handle". BR was lined up to replace outgoing AD at Maryvale as well - THAT IS ALL TOAST NOW! Looking for new program for daughter - head's up Spalding!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

League asked the head of schools to vote on immediate removal - they all voted to abstain as it "isn't there issue - it is Maryvale's situation to handle". BR was lined up to replace outgoing AD at Maryvale as well - THAT IS ALL TOAST NOW! Looking for new program for daughter - head's up Spalding!
This storyline keeps getting more ridiculous. Keep going SPSG parent. Can’t wait for the playoff loss storyline against whatever school you lose to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will go back to GCS, ala Joe Gibbs returning to Washington!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody was called a POS. Only your attacker heard and reported it to get everyone else amped up.
No affiliation with SP/SPSG. And again your wrong about who heard what. Then he went after goalie and her grandmother. You Maryvale people really believe everything he waves your way dont you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently, nothing is off limits in the IAAM for players or coaches. Just wait it out until everyone forgets or moves onto the next piece of drama. Kids and coaches never suffer any consequences for their actions. Winning is all that matters. Cover things up or ignore them so the winning can continue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is all a joke. Doesn't matter the school. IAAM is rife with TMZ type strife.
McD, SPSG, RPCS, Maryvale, GFS, GCS all have their issues.

SPSG are known as sore losers and whine about anything not going their way
Maryvale has coach rumors and dealing with rumors forever it seems to follow
RPCS experiences mutiny on the sidelines and parent interference as likely never seen before
McD overlook breaking the laws constantly with no repercussions as long as token head coach doesn't eff up with the TC leftovers
GFS pure chaos for a school that was trying to move up is now very, very down and possibly out
GCS in a slow death kneel and clearly not going in the right direction supposedly

The IAAM is filled with drama and unfortunately with people who are overinvested in a niche sport that matters so much for a short period of time and really only in this area. Not looking forward to the crashes of so many who's identities are tied up in this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No affiliation with SP/SPSG. And again your wrong about who heard what. Then he went after goalie and her grandmother. You Maryvale people really believe everything he waves your way dont you?

But u believe a kid that can’t say exactly what was said?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is all a joke. Doesn't matter the school. IAAM is rife with TMZ type strife.
McD, SPSG, RPCS, Maryvale, GFS, GCS all have their issues.

SPSG are known as sore losers and whine about anything not going their way
Maryvale has coach rumors and dealing with rumors forever it seems to follow
RPCS experiences mutiny on the sidelines and parent interference as likely never seen before
McD overlook breaking the laws constantly with no repercussions as long as token head coach doesn't eff up with the TC leftovers
GFS pure chaos for a school that was trying to move up is now very, very down and possibly out
GCS in a slow death kneel and clearly not going in the right direction supposedly

The IAAM is filled with drama and unfortunately with people who are overinvested in a niche sport that matters so much for a short period of time and really only in this area. Not looking forward to the crashes of so many who's identities are tied up in this.
Why are you here then? Looking for attention or do you seek out other websites to troll? Maybe seek therapy for your disdain of Iaam lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No affiliation but you know ? Good one. The goalies learned to push from someone ! Maybe a coach of the team ? Nobody can accurately say POS was said. He went after player or grandma or other way around after a sp girl told the goalie what she heard and they confronted him ? You spsg believe everything MG waves in front of you. Time to head to the valley inn!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a public school parent, this IAAM infighting makes me laugh. Every few years there is a new coach at each school that raises expectations and standing, only to fall back to earth and move on, or be moved on from, in favor of the next best thing. Rinse and repeat.

- Mac Ford. The savior 3 or 4 years ago, now he’s a bum according the parents.
- MG, the top coach in the IAAM 2 years ago. Now she is instructing hits on unsuspecting offensive players by goalies (who may or may not be required to be on the field), according to parents.
- BR, fantastic coach on at the precipice of elite at a school that came from the bottom. Moved on to another, down and out, school to raise their profile. He now has an apparent vendetta against both the teenage and related geriatric communities…
-RPCS-they run coaches out like it is a requirement for graduation…
- 5x… ok, you guys probably have a point with her.

The only IAAM team that has stayed consistently at the top, or very close to it, over the last 15 seasons is McDonogh. They are undoubtedly the gold standard in the Baltimore region, and really the country. Whereas, there are 6 or 7 publics that have consistently stayed at or near the top, Severa Park, Broadneck, Century, Manchester Valley, Hereford, Glenelg, Marriotts Ridge, even Dulaney.

What stands out on McD and those public teams, is consistent coaching. McD had Robinson for years, and upon his departure they fell a bit, got another consistent coach, and went back on top. In the last 15 years each of those publics have had mainly 1 or 2 coaches leading the way. The coaches developed culture and expectations and were given the time to build consistent winners, even if they had a .500 season along the way. That doesn’t happen in the IAAM. One .500 season, on to the next coach. ADs should follow the way of the Ravens and let the coaches build a program, otherwise it will continue to be a roller coaster ride to the Valley Inn…

On a side note, big fan of Molly Wolf, happy BM is letting her build something there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we going to pretend that consistent coaching is why McDonogh is what it is, not the money, facilities, boarding and ability to just take the kids of out of state elite ncaa coaches and have them transfer in?

In all honesty, who couldn’t win consistently with those things?

As for public schools, AACo has those two dominant programs because it is the wealthiest section of the county, where lacrosse is king. 4/5 of your schedule is worthless blowout games against schools that can barely get 12 players to try out.

It’s almost as if $$ is the reason for success in both cases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD maintains that tarnished gold by giving preferential treatment to their lacrosse players. Non-athletes or ones who play low profile sports would be shown the door if they behaved or underachieved like some of the star athletes do. It isn’t even a secret. Winning matters more than integrity and academic success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a public school parent, this IAAM infighting makes me laugh. Every few years there is a new coach at each school that raises expectations and standing, only to fall back to earth and move on, or be moved on from, in favor of the next best thing. Rinse and repeat.

- MG, the top coach in the IAAM 2 years ago. Now she is instructing hits on unsuspecting offensive players by goalies (who may or may not be required to be on the field), according to parents.
- BR, fantastic coach on at the precipice of elite at a school that came from the bottom. Moved on to another, down and out, school to raise their profile. He now has an apparent vendetta against both the teenage and related geriatric communities…

The only IAAM team that has stayed consistently at the top, or very close to it, over the last 15 seasons is McDonogh. They are undoubtedly the gold standard in the Baltimore region, and really the country. Whereas, there are 6 or 7 publics that have consistently stayed at or near the top, Severa Park, Broadneck, Century, Manchester Valley, Hereford, Glenelg, Marriotts Ridge, even Dulaney.

What stands out on McD and those public teams, is consistent coaching. McD had Robinson for years, and upon his departure they fell a bit, got another consistent coach, and went back on top. In the last 15 years each of those publics have had mainly 1 or 2 coaches leading the way. The coaches developed culture and expectations and were given the time to build consistent winners, even if they had a .500 season along the way. That doesn’t happen in the IAAM. One .500 season, on to the next coach. ADs should follow the way of the Ravens and let the coaches build a program, otherwise it will continue to be a roller coaster ride to the Valley Inn…

On a side note, big fan of Molly Wolf, happy BM is letting her build something there.
Thanks for the input, BM Parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD maintains that tarnished gold by giving preferential treatment to their lacrosse players. Non-athletes or ones who play low profile sports would be shown the door if they behaved or underachieved like some of the star athletes do. It isn’t even a secret. Winning matters more than integrity and academic success.

so true as McD is full of hypocrites, brown nosing parents and kids w false senses of reality

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jimmies & Joes > X’s & O’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so true as McD is full of hypocrites, brown nosing parents and kids w false senses of reality

Does mcd still have a prefirst grade to “help their kids get more prepared for the challenges that comes with the rigors of things like coloring and playtime?” Ironically it was the ones tracking to play lacrosse that seemed to really participate in it in the past. Probably just coincidence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This storyline keeps getting more ridiculous. Keep going SPSG parent. Can’t wait for the playoff loss storyline against whatever school you lose to.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By consistent you mean two new coaches since Robinson left (TC couldn't hack it so on to the next one like you say above, right?)

Like Reply Quote
Page 123 of 127 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 126 127
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard