BOTC BOTC
Igloo Lacrosse Tryouts Now Posted Onine!!! | Last Chance to attend The CB Laxers Girls UnD1sputed Showcase on Monday - Get Seeb by going to CBLaxers.com | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts394,331
Members2,614
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: Boys 2025-11th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a student verbal commits to a NESCAC July 1st, I assume they can still play through July and try for D1? Or, if they verbal does that take them "off the board" where no D1's will have an interest?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
S2S and Iglioo 0-8 at NAL

Wins and losses no longer matter. Who cares?

A lot of kids on both of those teams are already committed too.

Wins and losses do not really matter I agree. But being competitive does. Coaches are watching their commits. It is just a verbal.

Too many parents act like coaches are notIntelligent and can't evaluate players on losing teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a student verbal commits to a NESCAC July 1st, I assume they can still play through July and try for D1? Or, if they verbal does that take them "off the board" where no D1's will have an interest?

I thought the NESCACs were August 1. And verbals are verbals until NLIs are signed. However, there non NLIs in D3 since there is no athletic scholarships in D3. Plenty of stories of D3 players that get cut in the fall of freshman year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the language "committed to the application process" mean on most of the commits I'm seeing this week? That IF they can get into the school they are going to play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2025 teams at the Long Island Lacrosse Showcase were underwhelming. Lots of ball hogs who think coaches want to see that. The truth is they want to see lacrosse played the right way.

The kid they gave the GoPro didn't do anything either. And the Nassau team wasn't very good at all.

Your son was home wasn’t he? Bitter jagoff

If my son were at home how would I know the kid with the GoPro was a ball hog who didn't do anything after a 3-point varsity season as a junior?

That ball hog with no varsity stats just committed D1 so I guess it worked.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the language "committed to the application process" mean on most of the commits I'm seeing this week? That IF they can get into the school they are going to play?

it really means if they can maintain their grades , test scores and behavior etc etc etc , they will get in, but they are not in until they are in - but chances are , the work that has been done thus far is good enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, this wording is usually with Ivies, NESCAC and the Academies.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard