BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts391,056
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 307 of 335 1 2 305 306 307 308 309 334 335
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question- Why would a kid want to play for a club that is "connected" to a HS?

ie: both FCA and at CH.

Maybe play for FCA in Middle school if you want to get in to CH and have a chance at standing out among so many incoming freshmen.

But if CH=FCA, wouldn't it be good to diversify for recruiting purposes?

Get 2x as many people working for your recruitment instead of the same 2 people.

Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Serious question- Why would a kid want to play for a club that is "connected" to a HS?

Maybe play for FCA in Middle school if you want to get in to CH and have a chance at standing out among so many incoming freshmen.

Get 2x as many people working for your recruitment instead of the same 2 people.

Thanks.

If a club coach has 2 similar players and one plays for his HS team, he's going to prefer his HS player and give that player more exposure. Same is true the other way. There is no way a coach can be completely objective in that situation.

So there's advantages and disadvantages either way you go. I guess it's something to consider but I think there would be more important determining factors if you're choosing between clubs or HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Diversify. Just like stocks. Twice as many options and twice as many safeguards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone tell me when public school lacrosse starts, is it march 1 and then the earliest they can have games is 2 weeks later?
Is there a schedule of the public school games anywhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Diversify. Just like stocks. Twice as many options and twice as many safeguards.

Nope, not in MIAA. It is better if your club is associated with your school. Like above, if two players are similiar or evn close, Club /HS trumps just one.
Plenty exposure in MIAA , just play and club/HS gets you to play

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can someone tell me when public school lacrosse starts, is it march 1 and then the earliest they can have games is 2 weeks later?

I googled "hereford hs lacrosse" and this was the first thing to show up:

https://47950.digitalsports.com/pages/schedule/ms.php?team_slug=boys-lacrosse

You might also search on facebook to see if the team's page lists games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stall ball who cares. Public schools need a shot clock

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schedule/results for Maryland public schools. You can search by county/school/sport. This season’s schedules are starting to load.
https://www.countysports.zone/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://www.countysports.zone/ Seems to be one of the better sites for public school schedules and scores..... Sometime not up to date...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total Hogwash. If the player is off the charts, coach will just about put up with anything . He is talking to the fringe and average players and he knows it.

You are correct. See USC basketball. See UVA lacrosse.
Correct. Look no further than UVA's roster and two number nines to see what even the most elite programs will put up with from parents and players.
https://virginiasports.com/sports/mlax/roster/

That didnt age well this weekend, I bet one of the 9's is a different number by next week. Lacrosse again reminds me , it is the sport where the extremely well trained 5-10 white guy can excel at the highest level.

Rumor has it that new #9 paid $10k for the number. Didn’t see old #9 in the box score, so not sure if he is changing his number.

That is chump change for that. This weekend proves how to get to the top . Hold back, Father Coach, Ball goes thru son entire club time, change Prep School to get place to start, Use sibling to get higher on debt chart at start, Switch recruiting colleges to best place to start... Viola Freshman Super Star in college.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total Hogwash. If the player is off the charts, coach will just about put up with anything . He is talking to the fringe and average players and he knows it.

Correct. Look no further than UVA's roster and two number nines to see what even the most elite programs will put up with from parents and players.

That didnt age well this weekend, I bet one of the 9's is a different number by next week. Lacrosse again reminds me , it is the sport where the extremely well trained 5-10 white guy can excel at the highest level.

Rumor has it that new #9 paid $10k for the number. Didn’t see old #9 in the box score, so not sure if he is changing his number.

That is chump change for that. This weekend proves how to get to the top . Hold back, Father Coach, Ball goes thru son entire club time, change Prep School to get place to start, Use sibling to get higher on debt chart at start, Switch recruiting colleges to best place to start... Viola Freshman Super Star in college.
Nailed it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to complain about kids getting ahead by gaming the system, there are plenty of examples . . . but I'm not sure you can point to Millon after this weekend.

If anything this weekend proved just the opposite. He would've been a star coming out of HS no matter what . . . playing on age, without daddy ball, without a great sibling, etc. The kid started as a frosh at attack for UVA and looked like the best player on the field at times. The kid is extremely talented. Maybe his club coach should've been running the offense through him if he's that good? Not sure why you're so bitter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA letters going out today. Good luck everyone!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to complain about kids getting ahead by gaming the system, there are plenty of examples . . . but I'm not sure you can point to Millon after this weekend.

If anything this weekend proved just the opposite. He would've been a star coming out of HS no matter what . . . playing on age, without daddy ball, without a great sibling, etc. The kid started as a frosh at attack for UVA and looked like the best player on the field at times. The kid is extremely talented. Maybe his club coach should've been running the offense through him if he's that good? Not sure why you're so bitter.

Thanks Mark. I’m sure you are very proud of your 20 year old freshman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bitter ? He would have been an average player coming out of HS being on age, not having offense revolve around him entire club time, staying at first school ... Give Daddy credit, he got him there. Nothing wrong with that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Technically he's a junior age labeled as a freshman this year...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MIAA letters going out today. Good luck everyone!

Got mine ! Only thing, is that is for enrolling in college as a Junior due to my age !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks.

My son is at one of those teams/schools. He’s been at other teams but when you find the right coach and the school happens to be a great fit why leave. If my son plays well there are plenty of opportunities through the coach and school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Paul’s impressive today! MCD and BL put on notice!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
🤣🤣🤣

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Paul’s impressive today! MCD and BL put on notice!

LOL... yeah right. Pass the blunt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yes, it's def the liberals trying to run people's lives. Ha! Do yourself a favor and turn on the news... who is limiting women's access to healthcare, banning books, butting into people's sexuality and gender identity? NO ONE is angling for big gov more than the Repubs. This is a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yes, it's def the liberals trying to run people's lives. Ha! Do yourself a favor and turn on the news... who is limiting women's access to healthcare, banning books, butting into people's sexuality and gender identity? NO ONE is angling for big gov more than the Repubs. This is a fact.

St. Paul's Parent????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks.

My son is at one of those teams/schools. He’s been at other teams but when you find the right coach and the school happens to be a great fit why leave. If my son plays well there are plenty of opportunities through the coach and school.

True. And if the HS and Club coach's son plays your position, or you find yourself on the wrong line, good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. Paul's Parent????

No you [Censored]. BL. So stop labeling everyone bc you know nothing. Small minded and fragile imbecile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Butting into gender identity? You cannot be serious; you’re joking, correct? You don’t get to tell me what your gender is, biology does…and that means I’m butting in?
Lockdowns, school closures, forced vaccines, sending money to foreign countries…
Only one side is butting in, spanky

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dunning Kruger comes to mind with that statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Butting into gender identity? You cannot be serious; you’re joking, correct? You don’t get to tell me what your gender is, biology does…and that means I’m butting in?
Lockdowns, school closures, forced vaccines, sending money to foreign countries…
Only one side is butting in, spanky

Didn’t the lockdowns, schools closures, forced vaccines happen under Trump? We’ve been sending money to foreign countries forever. Let me guess you detest that we send money to Ukraine but are fine with money going to Israel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dunning Kruger comes to mind with that statement.
Yeah screw humanity, am I right? We don't need no stinking govt. Every man for himself. 'merica

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HERE WE GO CRUISEES HERE WE GO!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks.

True. And if the HS and Club coach's son plays your position, or you find yourself on the wrong line, good luck.

Thts true anywhere dads coach, yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks.

Thts true anywhere dads coach, yes.

Doubled trouble if you play for CH and FCA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hot take... Loyola Blakefield doesn't lose this whole year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bingo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola is gonna be victorious this year!!!! Bl is looking kinda stinky if you ask me. The only real competition we have is McDonough. HAHAHA just kidding they [Censored] to. JC however thats some real comp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hot Take, Loyola does less with more as they do every year. Their one hope is that many of the name brand players of last few years, you know, the ones that played due to name over much better players,,,,are gone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hot Take, Loyola does less with more as they do every year. Their one hope is that many of the name brand players of last few years, you know, the ones that played due to name over much better players,,,,are gone.

Funny how no freshman made varsity this year at Loyola. Good think the Cookie Monster doesn’t have younger kids or he’d be driving to St Mary’s every day. You know, because that’s where Coach U is now keeping the tradition of hooking up his buddies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny how no freshman made varsity this year at Loyola. Good think the Cookie Monster doesn’t have younger kids or he’d be driving to St Mary’s every day. You know, because that’s where Coach U is now keeping the tradition of hooking up his buddies

Buddies at St. Mary’s? Did tryouts show that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would you know since rosters haven’t been posted yet? 🤔

Like Reply Quote
Page 307 of 335 1 2 305 306 307 308 309 334 335
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard