BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,247
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 305 of 334 1 2 303 304 305 306 307 333 334
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Easy peasy.
Most liberal (11) to most conservative (1)

11. Gilman
10. McDonough
9. St Paul's
8. Severn
7. Loyola
6. Boys Latin
5. John Carroll
4. St Mary's
3. Calvert Hall
2. MSJ
1. Spalding

100% accurate by poster. Catholics are always going to be most conservative. For the non catholic schools BL is by far the most conservative. Only send your son to Gilman or MCD if he is interested in transitioning or becoming a lifelong social justice warrior.

At one end: A belief system based on stone age folklore oriented toward the control of free thought and expression. Especially attractive to those who are outwardly focused, lack introspection, and take pleasure in telling others how to live their lives while failing to apply said rules to their own behavior. See also: theocracies, cults, messianic faiths, racism, and misogyny.

At the other: A belief system based on facts, modern science, and accumulated knowledge that encourages people to pursue happiness so long as said pursuit doesn't interfere with the lives of others. See also: critical thinking, reason, emotional maturity, fully developed pre-frontal cortex.

Utterly clueless. The Catholic/Jesuit schools that still lean conservative teach kids how to excel in life. These liberal bastions of absurdity teach like their liberal politicians they follow— huge government to make decisions for you, they’ll support you financially, and they’ll flatten the playing field for the weak.

That’s why Gilman deserves to remain at the bottom of the MIAA. Kids who are soft, can’t compete. Different set of goals and aspirations— not that they’re wrong, they’re just not going to win the race against those who learn to battle adversity. Gilman kids can be social workers, the other end will be the CEO’s. Again, one not better or worse than the other, just a different set of ideals with very different outcomes.

That's a heck of a word salad just to say you don't know what you are talking about. The kids from Gilman will do just fine; compare Gilman's college admissions list with any other MIAA school.

And FWIW, "government making decisions for you" sounds a lot more like Texas, Florida, Tennessee and several other "conservative" states than it does those bastions of liberalism like New York, Maryland, and California.

To borrow from Bob Newhart: I didn't intend to denigrate conservatism. And for those conservatives reading this, denigrate means 'put down'.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberals, always thinking they are the smartest people in the room.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy peasy.
Most liberal (11) to most conservative (1)

11. Gilman
10. McDonough
9. St Paul's
8. Severn
7. Loyola
6. Boys Latin
5. John Carroll
4. St Mary's
3. Calvert Hall
2. MSJ
1. Spalding

100% accurate by poster. Catholics are always going to be most conservative. For the non catholic schools BL is by far the most conservative. Only send your son to Gilman or MCD if he is interested in transitioning or becoming a lifelong social justice warrior.

At one end: A belief system based on stone age folklore oriented toward the control of free thought and expression. Especially attractive to those who are outwardly focused, lack introspection, and take pleasure in telling others how to live their lives while failing to apply said rules to their own behavior. See also: theocracies, cults, messianic faiths, racism, and misogyny.

At the other: A belief system based on facts, modern science, and accumulated knowledge that encourages people to pursue happiness so long as said pursuit doesn't interfere with the lives of others. See also: critical thinking, reason, emotional maturity, fully developed pre-frontal cortex.

Utterly clueless. The Catholic/Jesuit schools that still lean conservative teach kids how to excel in life. These liberal bastions of absurdity teach like their liberal politicians they follow— huge government to make decisions for you, they’ll support you financially, and they’ll flatten the playing field for the weak.

That’s why Gilman deserves to remain at the bottom of the MIAA. Kids who are soft, can’t compete. Different set of goals and aspirations— not that they’re wrong, they’re just not going to win the race against those who learn to battle adversity. Gilman kids can be social workers, the other end will be the CEO’s. Again, one not better or worse than the other, just a different set of ideals with very different outcomes.

That's a heck of a word salad just to say you don't know what you are talking about. The kids from Gilman will do just fine; compare Gilman's college admissions list with any other MIAA school.

And FWIW, "government making decisions for you" sounds a lot more like Texas, Florida, Tennessee and several other "conservative" states than it does those bastions of liberalism like New York, Maryland, and California.

To borrow from Bob Newhart: I didn't intend to denigrate conservatism. And for those conservatives reading this, denigrate means 'put down'.

Dunning Kruger comes to mind with your statements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No McD players except Trader on either list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading comprehension is not your strength.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For good reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you who don’t think a school would give up on a high recruit just because of his parents, you might want to watch this.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzwEQq9u5BW/?igshid=MzY1NDJmNzMyNQ==

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you who don’t think a school would give up on a high recruit just because of his parents, you might want to watch this.

Whole lot of Long Island kids wouldn't be recruited then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot more talk than action. The amount of [Censored] a college coach will put up with from a parent is a factor of how good the recruit is. Happens in all sports including lacrosse. You don’t have to think to much to find examples.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely agree - also Brey has pretty much always [Censored] at recruiting. Best player he ever signed was #49 in the country.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excited to see McDonogh play this year. I expect their offense to be one of the best if not the best in the nation. They have so much fire power on that side of the ball. Unproven defense though so it will be interesting to see how it plays out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total Hogwash. If the player is off the charts, coach will just about put up with anything . He is talking to the fringe and average players and he knows it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For good reason.

For sure, with justice only on their side, people who are legends in their own minds are abundant on earth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Total Hogwash. If the player is off the charts, coach will just about put up with anything . He is talking to the fringe and average players and he knows it.

You are correct. See USC basketball. See UVA lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mask on in a car by yourself.

For good reason.

He types as he's wearing a mask in a car, alone by himself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Little MDLax just became a starter at Navy with Cottle being hired by dad…I mean Navy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Little MDLax just became a starter at Navy with Cottle being hired by dad…I mean Navy

He deseves it with all the work he has put in . Sorry your son didnt make Spalding Varsity. time to get over that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve never understood why anybody thinks Cottle is a great offensive mind. His offense is boring and low scoring. Look at what he accomplished at Maryland. Very bland vanilla offense! Maybe a possession by possession offense is what Navy needs with so many incoming recruits each each. Hopefully Cottle is a place holder until they find a more suitable OC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve never understood why anybody thinks Cottle is a great offensive mind. His offense is boring and low scoring. Look at what he accomplished at Maryland. Very bland vanilla offense! Maybe a possession by possession offense is what Navy needs with so many incoming recruits each each. Hopefully Cottle is a place holder until they find a more suitable OC.

He is a legend in the lacrosse world. He is not going to do well as he thinks it still is lacrosse of the 1900's. Gone before the year is out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxer the night before Christmas, when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a coach of a MIAA team.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that Santa aka Recruit Kringle would soon be there. The lacrosse players were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of D1 offers danced in their heads.

And Mama in her 'Loyola Jersey, and I in my Carolina Blue cap, had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap. When out on the roof there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed and dropped my lax swag to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutter, and threw up the sash. The moon on the breast of the stadium fresh turf gave the luster of midday to the goals below, when, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature sleigh being pulled by eight tiny D1 Coaches.

With a little old driver, so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be Santa. More rapid than a Hopkins Bluejay, his coursers they came, and he whistled and shouted and called them by name: "Now Hopkins! Now Princeton! Now, Maryland and Yale! On, Virginia! On, Penn! On, Albany and Denver! Give out those multiple D1 offers before it is too late ! To the top of the Stadium! To the top of the wall! Now Wall Ball ! Now Wall Ball ! Now Wall ball for All !

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof the prancing and pawing of each little D1 coaches cleat. As I drew in my head and was turning around, down the chimney Santa came with a bound. He was dressed all in lax swag, from his head to his foot, and his clothes were all tarnished with logos and emblems from all the Top Clubs. A bundle of D1 offers hung from his back and he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

He was chubby and plump like a top club director, a right jolly old Santa, and I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself. A wink of his eye and a twist of his head soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread and multiple D1 offers were heading my way.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work, and filled the stockings with multiple D1 offers and lax swag, then turned with a donk. And laying his finger aside of his nose, and giving a nod as only a Santa could, up the chimney he rose.

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle, And away they all flew like D1 middies with multiple offers, But I heard him exclaim, 'as he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas Offer to all D1 recruits and Parents, and to all a good night!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laxer the night before Christmas, when all through the house not a creature was stirring, not even a coach of a MIAA team.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that Santa aka Recruit Kringle would soon be there. The lacrosse players were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of D1 offers danced in their heads.

And Mama in her 'Loyola Jersey, and I in my Carolina Blue cap, had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap. When out on the roof there arose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed and dropped my lax swag to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutter, and threw up the sash. The moon on the breast of the stadium fresh turf gave the luster of midday to the goals below, when, what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a miniature sleigh being pulled by eight tiny D1 Coaches.

With a little old driver, so lively and quick, I knew in a moment it must be Santa. More rapid than a Hopkins Bluejay, his coursers they came, and he whistled and shouted and called them by name: "Now Hopkins! Now Princeton! Now, Maryland and Yale! On, Virginia! On, Penn! On, Albany and Denver! Give out those multiple D1 offers before it is too late ! To the top of the Stadium! To the top of the wall! Now Wall Ball ! Now Wall Ball ! Now Wall ball for All !

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof the prancing and pawing of each little D1 coaches cleat. As I drew in my head and was turning around, down the chimney Santa came with a bound. He was dressed all in lax swag, from his head to his foot, and his clothes were all tarnished with logos and emblems from all the Top Clubs. A bundle of D1 offers hung from his back and he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

He was chubby and plump like a top club director, a right jolly old Santa, and I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself. A wink of his eye and a twist of his head soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread and multiple D1 offers were heading my way.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work, and filled the stockings with multiple D1 offers and lax swag, then turned with a donk. And laying his finger aside of his nose, and giving a nod as only a Santa could, up the chimney he rose.

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle, And away they all flew like D1 middies with multiple offers, But I heard him exclaim, 'as he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas Offer to all D1 recruits and Parents, and to all a good night!
Way too much time on your hands, but Merry Christmas anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mask on in a car by yourself.

For good reason.

He types as he's wearing a mask in a car, alone by himself.

"alone by himself"

Do you perhaps work in the Department of Redundancy Department?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is a legend in the lacrosse world. He is not going to do well as he thinks it still is lacrosse of the 1900's. Gone before the year is out.
Paving the way for his son SC to take over. Navy will continue to be on their downward spiral

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Paving the way for his son SC to take over. Navy will continue to be on their downward spiral

Navy lacrosse has been a iddling team for years. Without it being a service academy, it would be an after thought to everyone. Surprised they dont let woman play on mens team with current policies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised they dont let woman play on mens team with current policies
Conservative Karen over here.

If she's able to compete, why would you care if they did?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Season is about a month away from practice beginning!
Looking forward to the start, what is everyone doing to get ready, any indoor leagues, and clinics that are particularly good to attend or is everyone just working out at school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised they dont let woman play on mens team with current policies
Conservative Karen over here.

If she's able to compete, why would you care if they did?

Liberal Karen here,

Elite Woman cant compete against Elite men, it would be comical ,,,Now can non elite men compete against elite woman, for sure and any day,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to the start, what is everyone doing to get ready, any indoor leagues, and clinics that are particularly good to attend or is everyone just working out at school

Working out with team and on his own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Working out with team and on his own.

Plenty of Captains practices going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn with a big swing in their OOC games.
Gonna be battle tested for league play:

02/24 Bullis (0-0) DC IAC
02/28 DeMatha (0-0) DC WCAC
03/05 @ St Albans (0-0) DC IAC
03/09 St Anne's-Belfield (0-0) VA 1 VIP
03/12 @ Landon (0-0) DC IAC
03/15 Saint Andrew's (0-0) FL 1A R4 D13
03/23 Western Reserve Academy (0-0) OH Indep
03/26 @ Highland Park (0-0) North Class A East
03/28 @ Episcopal Dallas (0-0) North Class A Wes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice OOC schedule, still will be under 500 in MIAA . Dont have the players or debt to compete in MIAA A .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s probably one of the easiest ooc schedules in the MIAA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice OOC schedule, still will be under 500 in MIAA . Dont have the players or debt to compete in MIAA A .

Why is that? There's tons of talent in their local market to recruit. Where is all that talent going?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for telling me you know nothing about lacrosse with one comment.

You saved us all some time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Compared to who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is that? There's tons of talent in their local market to recruit. Where is all that talent going?

Go look at Severn's record last 10 years, then get back to me. Same story this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Compared to who?

Compared to the other teams in the MIAA who play better OOC competition like GPrep, Gonzaga & St. Johns in DC, Lawrenceville, Hill Academy, Culver, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that these are all great players on the list. Did you purposely choose FCA players or is that a coincidence? FCA, or rather, BK and The FCA director have good connections with these colleges. Many of BK's family played at atleast 50% list so that makes it easier. It will be interesting to see what will happen with FCA now that the Director has stepped down?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of the three privates in that local area, Severn is significantly more expensive, and academically more challenging to get into. Both make it hard to add talent, and then add to the fact, the local public school is considered one of the top public schools in both academics and boys lacrosse. Its a bit of an uphill battle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of the three privates in that local area, Severn is significantly more expensive, and academically more challenging to get into. Both make it hard to add talent, and then add to the fact, the local public school is considered one of the top public schools in both academics and boys lacrosse. Its a bit of an uphill battle.

Makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
Page 305 of 334 1 2 303 304 305 306 307 333 334
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard