BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,967
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 303 of 333 1 2 301 302 303 304 305 332 333
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You nitwits do realize that schools don't make kids Happy or trans, right? Being supportive is not indoctrination. Or do you prefer kids die by suicide because they have no support?

Heres a fun fact for you: your lacrosse "star" boarding at XYZ school is not going to "turn Happy" or "turn trans" because the teachers and administrators teach empathy toward others.

Jeez -- don't you have any real problems in your life other than being a hammerhead toward kids and teachers?

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

Good to know that BOTC is part of Ron DeSantis's Don't Say G@y Agenda.

Good to know that you are ok with over the top agenda pushing as long as you agree with it. And as a good caring tolerant diverse person ( well as long as I agree with you, you are) you go straight to we dont like [ put in any group ] and we will be responsible for some horrendous outcome. LOL I have no idea why being supportive of some group is educating our kids ??? Maybe that is why you feel the way you do, Here is a novel approach, how about just educating our children while making sure they treat everyone including teachers/admins with respect
You nitwits do realize that schools don't make kids Happy or trans, right? Being supportive is not indoctrination. Or do you prefer kids die by suicide because they have no support?

Heres a fun fact for you: your lacrosse "star" boarding at XYZ school is not going to "turn Happy" or "turn trans" because the teachers and administrators teach empathy toward others.

Jeez -- don't you have any real problems in your life other than being a hammerhead toward kids and teachers?

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

Good to know that you are ok with over the top agenda pushing as long as you agree with it. And as a good caring tolerant diverse person ( well as long as I agree with you, you are) you go straight to we dont like [ put in any group ] and we will be responsible for some horrendous outcome. LOL I have no idea why being supportive of some group is educating our kids ??? Maybe that is why you feel the way you do, Here is a novel approach, how about just educating our children while making sure they treat everyone including teachers/admins with respect

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

Maybe instead of worrying about the school’s agenda, you should worry about your own ability to form coherent sentences. And yes, it is the school’s job to teach kids to be tolerant and supportive of differences. Those ate life lessons and serve kids well out in the world. A quarter of the population is g@y. So just treat people with respect and be glad our educators want to do the same. It could be your kid in that classroom silently suffering. Don’t be such a di@k.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time to move on. Lacrosse forum, not liberal and conservative face off forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe instead of worrying about the school’s agenda, you should worry about your own ability to form coherent sentences. And yes, it is the school’s job to teach kids to be tolerant and supportive of differences. Those ate life lessons and serve kids well out in the world. A quarter of the population is g@y. So just treat people with respect and be glad our educators want to do the same. It could be your kid in that classroom silently suffering. Don’t be such a di@k.

Gilman or MCD parent???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gilman or MCD parent???
McD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gilman or MCD parent???

First, I want to say that I agree with the guy. tolerance of difference (all kinds of differences) is important and is a learned skill. More compassion in the world is a good thing. High school Kids are generally too self centered and immature at this age to realize this type of stuff. Its the type of perspective you obtain only after seeing someone like your own kid get treated poorly by someone else.

I'm just curious about the 25% claim. I can't help but think that number has to be way overstated merely because the world population is growing. It would be interesting to know what the breakeven % point is for where the population growth remains constant. I am making no claims. Just curious from an macro-econimic perspective. any ideas?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'm just curious about the 25% claim. I can't help but think that number has to be way overstated merely because the world population is growing. It would be interesting to know what the breakeven % point is for where the population growth remains constant. I am making no claims. Just curious from an macro-econimic perspective. any ideas?

The poster was referring to 25% of the Gilman and MCD population which is probably accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watcha talking about Willis!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the agenda? You mean like Catholic schools? Those are the worst. Wholly agree.

The nice thing about private school is its a choice. No one is forced to go there. Public school on the other hand...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gallup polling in 2022 showed that 7.1% of the US identified as LGBT. I think there have been polls that showed that high school aged kids identified at higher levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gallup polling in 2022 showed that 7.1% of the US identified as LGBT. I think there have been polls that showed that high school aged kids identified at higher levels.
Enough! Move on. This isn’t the forum for this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A more recent poll showed that this has zero percent to do with lacrosse. Take it in down the road, fool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree the coach is the weak link at Gilman. He comm skills to parents are laughable. If lax is reason to pick a school then BL would be answer. But academics at BL are middle of road

BL is for those that cant get into Gilman , StP and McD

StP? For real? Is it hard to get into because they have a small enrollment? My son played with a bunch of of StP kids in HS last year and I 100% thought it was a school for kids with special learning needs. Every one had an IEP, learning difference, or did middle school at Odyssey, per the parents in the stands.

Wow. My mind is blown if StP is considered a selective school.

LB Dad here.

St. Pauls test scores exceed everyone in MIAA-A except McD (barely higher than St P) and Gilman (higher than McD). You know, you can be on an IEP and still be really freaking smart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

Maybe instead of worrying about the school’s agenda, you should worry about your own ability to form coherent sentences. And yes, it is the school’s job to teach kids to be tolerant and supportive of differences. Those ate life lessons and serve kids well out in the world. A quarter of the population is g@y. So just treat people with respect and be glad our educators want to do the same. It could be your kid in that classroom silently suffering. Don’t be such a di@k.[/quote]

While you scream tolerance ! tolerance ! you must be tolerant to some made up number of people and push their/yours agenda on others regardless of how they feel ...and this is at school where they should be doing actual school work, yet you are intolerant to someone that wants everyone including your special ones treated with respect,,,Oh and genius of coherent sentences, who ate life lessons ? LOL

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quote
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of Boys Latin's starters are boarders or out of state kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last I heard they are up to 17 in dorms. I would imagine most of those kids will have a role (playing time) on the team. They are close to transitioning to a full boarding school, at least in terms of lacrosse. I don't think there are any kids in the dorms except lacrosse players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last I heard they are up to 17 in dorms. I would imagine most of those kids will have a role (playing time) on the team. They are close to transitioning to a full boarding school, at least in terms of lacrosse. I don't think there are any kids in the dorms except lacrosse players.

Unfortunately the miaa is turning into a 3/4 team league. BL Mcd CH Spalding. The rest just cant complete in terms of numbers or funding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll ignore the 150 lax players at Loyola Blakefield.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

While you scream tolerance ! tolerance ! you must be tolerant to some made up number of people and push their/yours agenda on others regardless of how they feel ...and this is at school where they should be doing actual school work, yet you are intolerant to someone that wants everyone including your special ones treated with respect,,,Oh and genius of coherent sentences, who ate life lessons ? LOL[/quote]

Kids are not willing to hide who they are, nor should we encourage them to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board is getting ridiculous. As an educator at all levels, public, private, and religious schools there is one thing that is consistently apparent. As educators and schools systems we are quickly becoming the parents of kids. So yes all I want to do is teach kids them academics, however the truth lies in the simple fact that parents aren't parenting, teaching life lessons, or even holding their kids accountable. These parental responsibilities have fallen on schools. When you say schools should just teach academics, I am responding to then you as parents to teach your kids to be resposible, civil, and understanding tolerant humans. I repeat Understanding and tolerant not " in agreement with". to those parents that think their kids are saints take a close look and see how their peers are influencing each. detest and intolerance is generational. Hw does this relate to lacrosse. Well, lacrosse is a tight knit community. It is continuing to grow with all types of really good players. Once your reputation is set good luck trying to change it. Hopefully it's set in a positive way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THIS IS NOT A FORUM ABOUT LGBTQ+ AND WHETHER OR NOT SCHOOLS ARE TOLERANT!!!!!! MOVE ON.
Get back to lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THIS IS NOT A FORUM ABOUT LGBTQ+ AND WHETHER OR NOT SCHOOLS ARE TOLERANT!!!!!! MOVE ON.
Get back to lacrosse.

But is is about high school lacrosse. And with 25% of teams falling into the LGBTQ+ classification, I think we to acknowledge and accept how we integrate these special individuals into our inclusive culture.

I'd like to propose a monthly LGBTQ+ meetup where the kids can get together really learn about each others experiences and grow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately the miaa is turning into a 3/4 team league. BL Mcd CH Spalding. The rest just cant complete in terms of numbers or funding.

Lets not pretend there are any programs now or in the next several years that can compete with BL, MCD or CH. It is and will be these 3 schools competing for the Championship for the foreseeable future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board is getting ridiculous. As an educator at all levels, public, private, and religious schools there is one thing that is consistently apparent. As educators and schools systems we are quickly becoming the parents of kids. So yes all I want to do is teach kids them academics, however the truth lies in the simple fact that parents aren't parenting, teaching life lessons, or even holding their kids accountable. These parental responsibilities have fallen on schools. When you say schools should just teach academics, I am responding to then you as parents to teach your kids to be resposible, civil, and understanding tolerant humans. I repeat Understanding and tolerant not " in agreement with". to those parents that think their kids are saints take a close look and see how their peers are influencing each. detest and intolerance is generational. Hw does this relate to lacrosse. Well, lacrosse is a tight knit community. It is continuing to grow with all types of really good players. Once your reputation is set good luck trying to change it. Hopefully it's set in a positive way.
This

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets not pretend there are any programs now or in the next several years that can compete with BL, MCD or CH. It is and will be these 3 schools competing for the Championship for the foreseeable future.

Not sure if i would put CH in the same category as MCD or BL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not? Basement boarders don’t count.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

After the 2025 MCD class leaves St. Paul's will be near the top for a few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding? The same Spalding that was 3-7 last year in conference and lost at home to a public school? The same Spalding that has made the playoffs a total of two times in school history? Happy Hour at the Glen Burnie Chili's must have started early today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the 2025 MCD class leaves St. Paul's will be near the top for a few years.

Top of B Conference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding? The same Spalding that was 3-7 last year in conference and lost at home to a public school? The same Spalding that has made the playoffs a total of two times in school history? Happy Hour at the Glen Burnie Chili's must have started early today.

Joke's on you - there's no Chilis in Glen Burnie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately the Baltimore area doesnt produce enough local players to play in MIAA A schools to compete against another MIAA A school with local and recruited out of town players. If you are local only, your odds are slim of winning the Championship in MIAA.

Just like holdbacks were always a small part of MIAA for many years, now they are on steroids in MIAA and the path of all but a few competitive parents and players.

Out of town players are just the next step in Baltimore high level lacrosse in High School. BL, McD, CH will dominate in years to come as they are best at the out of town players game. Spalding's run is over with MDLax and Company gone, StP and the Predators while the talk of Baltimore are not up to the challenge with talent, and the rest will be fighting for scraps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get back to lacrosse.

But is is about high school lacrosse. And with 25% of teams falling into the LGBTQ+ classification, I think we to acknowledge and accept how we integrate these special individuals into our inclusive culture.

I'd like to propose a monthly LGBTQ+ meetup where the kids can get together really learn about each others experiences and grow.

Only if you let disadvantaged people participate, I would like a head count of each group to make sure we are inclusive of everyone , and if you need help, look at any commercial on TV in last month, that is what I want our meeting to look like.

After teaching inclusiveness, tolerance and diversity for a few hours, the last 15 minutes will be about lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct. And we are already seeing/hearing it at the middle school club level in Baltimore.

Between the out of towners, boarders, daddyball and donor politics, many local kids know their chances of playing at the top programs are very small.

So while the top half is worried about recruiting talent from around the region, the bottom half of the league seems to be trying to get local kids who want to play in the league and develop.

Not sure if it's gonna work. But it's certainly a trend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct. And we are already seeing/hearing it at the middle school club level in Baltimore.

Between the out of towners, boarders, daddyball and donor politics, many local kids know their chances of playing at the top programs are very small.

So while the top half is worried about recruiting talent from around the region, the bottom half of the league seems to be trying to get local kids who want to play in the league and develop.

Not sure if it's gonna work. But it's certainly a trend.

This isn’t a trend. Stop making thing ups on the internet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get back to lacrosse.

You are obviously an intolerant homophobe and a racist!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We went through the hs selection process last year. IMO It was pretty easy to tell if the interest was real-

Does the school seem sincerely interested and trying to connect to get to know your son?

Are they up front with specific program information? The coaches and programs should be open books. Do they answer all your questions thoroughly? No secrets, no vague information.

We figured- If you didn't treat my son well l, or with respect, or value him during the honeymoon phase, why will it be different when he gets on campus?

We eventually went where our kid seemed most valued and we thought would be most appreciated. And he's been very happy so far.

Trust your gut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College Coaches IMLCA is having their recruiting tournament this weekend at their convention. Lot of big name 2025 and 2026 will be there.
Lot of players from Maryland and Virginia High Schools are there. Team 91, Zingos, Team VA, Team America all have players form DMV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMLCA ( college and HS coaches assc ) big recruiting tournament this weekend , they supplied team rosters and players birthdays to all its members for recruiting purposes. Many top teams are there . Interesting to see after all these discussions about Holdbacks .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get back to lacrosse.

Get over yourself and your accusations. You don’t know me. This is a LACROSSE forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get back to lacrosse.

And I heard he doesnt recycle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking to send my 8th grader to a private hs in the MIAA.
Any chance we could rank the teams from most liberal to most conservative?
Our family has a certain political leaning and we want to send our son to a similar thinking school.
Thanks in advance.

Like Reply Quote
Page 303 of 333 1 2 301 302 303 304 305 332 333
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard