BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,955
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 302 of 333 1 2 300 301 302 303 304 332 333
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If MCD is depending on 91 MD for talent at the 28s and beyond - that’s going to be interesting.

But I’m hearing MCD is trying to convince some DC and Annapolis area kids to board at the 2028 age.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is a 3 Horse race in MIAA this year. McD, BL and CH . The rest are going to be way below in talent

Loyola has enough talent to be in the convo with those 3.
Think this is pretty spot on.

Overall the league is down. Couple elite teams the rest average at best with a few bottom feeders no better than the top public schools.

While the MIAA has some very good talent, its glory days are behind it. Overall it is still one of better conferences top to bottom. They will still produce some D1 players, but most of their skilled players will be great teammates as backups on most teams. Just to many other good teams and players competing for those top D1 spots along with all the transfers at college level now a days. Last years number 1 IL MIAA player will probably not see field until 3rd year if that, depending on transfers .

In all seriousness and for my own curiosity, name a better league "top to bottom" than MIAA-A.

Although if by MIAA you mean "MIAA A, B, C" then yes there are a dozen-ish slightly better leagues "top to bottom" across the country....who am I kidding...a dozen between Boston and DC. Zero elsewhere in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has never been a McD club, Mark made sure his kids played on the top teams . If his boys had stayed at StP? StP would have gotten all the top 91 talent Mark recruited. For awhile there were more Gilman kids then any other school, probably why the other teams aren’t very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a 3 Horse race in MIAA this year. McD, BL and CH . The rest are going to be way below in talent

Overall the league is down. Couple elite teams the rest average at best with a few bottom feeders no better than the top public schools.

While the MIAA has some very good talent, its glory days are behind it. Overall it is still one of better conferences top to bottom. They will still produce some D1 players, but most of their skilled players will be great teammates as backups on most teams. Just to many other good teams and players competing for those top D1 spots along with all the transfers at college level now a days. Last years number 1 IL MIAA player will probably not see field until 3rd year if that, depending on transfers .

In all seriousness and for my own curiosity, name a better league "top to bottom" than MIAA-A.

Although if by MIAA you mean "MIAA A, B, C" then yes there are a dozen-ish slightly better leagues "top to bottom" across the country....who am I kidding...a dozen between Boston and DC. Zero elsewhere in the country.

Hit a nerve I see. Every time someone has the nerve to question the Mighty MIAA A, you sensitives Sam's have a tantrum. Maybe reread what I wrote
" it is still one of better conferences top to bottom ". Now how did you misread that ? LOL , FYI, they do play some decent lacrosse in other areas,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has never been a McD club, Mark made sure his kids played on the top teams . If his boys had stayed at StP? StP would have gotten all the top 91 talent Mark recruited. For awhile there were more Gilman kids then any other school, probably why the other teams aren’t very good.

MM jumped around until he got what he wanted, It was StP, Gilman and then he found a home at McD . Soon as that was established , he went about supporting it anyway he could.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do most the Loyola kids play club? Is there a feeder?
McD has 91
CH has FCA
SMA / Spalding have Hawks
BL has Crabs

Loyola used to have Looney's as the main feeder for admissions and club/school alignment.

The LB admissions director became the Looney's club director and soon thereafter team by team the club disintegrated. The up and coming LB players are now distributed across a number of local clubs.

Loyola doesnt have one club at this time, Loyola has been a mess for the last few years. More to do with the players and their parents , Looneys had many on their teams. Bunch have graduated, still have some challenges so who knows how they will do , but the Looneys and Star players are gone

Loyola got the best of the 2026 class locally and will always pull in good players from legacy admissions alone. The people who post here are so clueless, lmao...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD has 91
CH has FCA
BL has Crabs

Loyola used to have Looney's as the main feeder for admissions and club/school alignment.

The LB admissions director became the Looney's club director and soon thereafter team by team the club disintegrated. The up and coming LB players are now distributed across a number of local clubs.

Loyola doesnt have one club at this time, Loyola has been a mess for the last few years. More to do with the players and their parents , Looneys had many on their teams. Bunch have graduated, still have some challenges so who knows how they will do , but the Looneys and Star players are gone

Loyola got the best of the 2026 class locally and will always pull in good players from legacy admissions alone. The people who post here are so clueless, lmao...
Hi Bruce.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McD has 91
CH has FCA
BL has Crabs

Lets hope the legacy admissions behave better than the last few classes. Entitled is a word that comes to mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If MCD is depending on 91 MD for talent at the 28s and beyond - that’s going to be interesting.

But I’m hearing MCD is trying to convince some DC and Annapolis area kids to board at the 2028 age.

McD is one of the more aggressive recruiters around. Prior to MM , their recruiting didnt pan out. I suspect it will be back to that after the MM era is over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can not wait til this forum can move on from MM.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree the coach is the weak link at Gilman. He comm skills to parents are laughable. If lax is reason to pick a school then BL would be answer. But academics at BL are middle of road

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman coach lacks a lot more than just communication skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can not wait til this forum can move on from MM.

He is a large figure here in Baltimore. No denying that except to the quarter zip holier than tho Baltimore ons . Another two years , Then we can move him to clubs only.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree the coach is the weak link at Gilman. He comm skills to parents are laughable. If lax is reason to pick a school then BL would be answer. But academics at BL are middle of road

BL is for those that cant get into Gilman , StP and McD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman coach lacks a lot more than just communication skills.

He will go done as Gilman's best coach in years .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, the best thing you can do is go to a prospect day if you really want to play in the league.

Hit a nerve I see. Every time someone has the nerve to question the Mighty MIAA A, you sensitives Sam's have a tantrum. Maybe reread what I wrote
" it is still one of better conferences top to bottom ". Now how did you misread that ? LOL , FYI, they do play some decent lacrosse in other areas,

No one is talking about the B or C conferences.

Same reason no one talks about public schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McD is one of the more aggressive recruiters around. Prior to MM , their recruiting didnt pan out. I suspect it will be back to that after the MM era is over.

McD has been building their program for the last fifteen years. They're in the FF every year except one during the last ten years of lacrosse (one year lost to COVID). Most programs would die to have that level of success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola got the best of the 2026 class locally and will always pull in good players from legacy admissions alone.

LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of my sons friends and teammates have mentioned that they were approached about boarding. Most are from stable homes which have no interest in offloading the daily duties of raising their kids to a school who promotes/supports some of the more extreme positions on sexual orientation etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

McD has been building their program for the last fifteen years. They're in the FF every year except one during the last ten years of lacrosse (one year lost to COVID). Most programs would die to have that level of success.

They have had two championships in last 20 years, both due to MM,,, yea, great rebuilding prior to the MM era.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have had two championships in last 20 years, both due to MM,,, yea, great rebuilding prior to the MM era.

No, they have 4 championships in the last 20: 2023, 2022, 2016 & 2005

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m no McD fan but they also won in 2016 or so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola got the best of the 2026 class locally and will always pull in good players from legacy admissions alone.

LOL

It will be interesting to see who they get for 28. Hall will probably have a strong class because BK coaches the 28 FCA team. Most of the McD 8th graders are on 91. Not sure about anyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh's real talent typically arrives in 9th grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, and not necessarily local. Hawks 26 for example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL

It will be interesting to see who they get for 28. Hall will probably have a strong class because BK coaches the 28 FCA team.

Daddyball getting ready to begin all over again with the 28s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of my sons friends and teammates have mentioned that they were approached about boarding. Most are from stable homes which have no interest in offloading the daily duties of raising their kids to a school who promotes/supports some of the more extreme positions on sexual orientation etc.

Extreme? Like couch casting or bu++ stuff?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At MCD and Gilman it's both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right - that kind of thing would never happen at a Catholic school lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Extreme is saying it mildly . Why schools cant teach education without agenda is beyond me, I dont have much hope as Baltimore is Baltimore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, kids should be kept in the dark. Imagine if they had cell phones or access to the Internet. Preach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL is for those that cant get into Gilman , StP and McD

StP? For real? Is it hard to get into because they have a small enrollment? My son played with a bunch of of StP kids in HS last year and I 100% thought it was a school for kids with special learning needs. Every one had an IEP, learning difference, or did middle school at Odyssey, per the parents in the stands.

Wow. My mind is blown if StP is considered a selective school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, kids should be kept in the dark. Imagine if they had cell phones or access to the Internet. Preach!

Who said anything about that except you. Teaching an education with different views is different than teaching an education with an agenda, unless you agree with the agenda, which you obviously do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the agenda? You mean like Catholic schools? Those are the worst. Wholly agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You nitwits do realize that schools don't make kids Happy or trans, right? Being supportive is not indoctrination. Or do you prefer kids die by suicide because they have no support?

Heres a fun fact for you: your lacrosse "star" boarding at XYZ school is not going to "turn Happy" or "turn trans" because the teachers and administrators teach empathy toward others.

Jeez -- don't you have any real problems in your life other than being a hammerhead toward kids and teachers?

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You nitwits do realize that schools don't make kids Happy or trans, right? Being supportive is not indoctrination. Or do you prefer kids die by suicide because they have no support?

Heres a fun fact for you: your lacrosse "star" boarding at XYZ school is not going to "turn Happy" or "turn trans" because the teachers and administrators teach empathy toward others.

Jeez -- don't you have any real problems in your life other than being a hammerhead toward kids and teachers?

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

Good to know that BOTC is part of Ron DeSantis's Don't Say G@y Agenda.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

But my hammerhead kid couldn’t get into Gilman and I can’t afford McD, so I’m going to put those schools down every chance I get!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

Good to know that you are ok with over the top agenda pushing as long as you agree with it. And as a good caring tolerant diverse person ( well as long as I agree with you, you are) you go straight to we dont like [ put in any group ] and we will be responsible for some horrendous outcome. LOL I have no idea why being supportive of some group is educating our kids ??? Maybe that is why you feel the way you do, Here is a novel approach, how about just educating our children while making sure they treat everyone including teachers/admins with respect

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YOU'RE THE PROBLEM.

But my hammerhead kid couldn’t get into Gilman and I can’t afford McD, so I’m going to put those schools down every chance I get!

You both are big time winners in my book. Really good reasons. Keep it up !

Like Reply Quote
Page 302 of 333 1 2 300 301 302 303 304 332 333
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard