BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts391,009
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 188 of 335 1 2 186 187 188 189 190 334 335
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the Chad’s on here are cringing at the thought of losing some poor public school kids.

All the Travises on here are cringing at the thought of someone pointing out that their $900K homes in the nation's wealthiest school districts in Anne Arundel, Howard, and Montgomery Counties (to say nothing of Fairfax, Arlington, or DC) doesn't warrant their "my kid is tougher and had to work for it - you know - public school! " chip on the shoulder.

Median home prices are in excess of $1M for all us qtr zips. Maybe you need to “go hit the wall…”

You are way off. Severna Park median housing $600K. Broadneck median housing $500K.

…Yeah, they ain’t quarter zips!

Not even close to being Quarter Zip material. Keep it Real while hitting the wall

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's some scores

1st SP 2 CH 4
2nd SP 5 CH 6
3rd SP 9 CH 8
4th SP 13 CH 9

1st LB 2 McD 3
2nd LB 3 McD 4
3rd LB 4 McD 7
4th LB 7 McD 8

2nd JC 5 Severn 5
3rd JC 7 Severn 10
4th JC 10 Severn 16

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spaulding smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spaulding smile
Spaudling squeaks out 10-8 at Gilman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
final STM 7 MSJ 5

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Mary’s 7
MSJ 5
(Final)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7-5 St Mary’s over MSJ…. MSJ was poised for a comeback… Ran out of time…. MSJ made St Mary’s look mediocre at best.. Head Coach of St Mary’s may have blew an O ring during the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this forum doesn't consider public high school 'real' lacrosse, but Dulaney and Towson played an incredibly intense game yesterday. After being down 5-1 in the 1st period, Dulaney fought back to tie it at 6 early in the third. The game then went back and forth with every kid on both sides just flying around the field. Towson was up by one at the end of regulation, but Dulaney tied it up with less than 5 seconds left to send it to OT.

The first OT saw both teams with scoring chances, but the defenses played tough. The second OT went the same way until almost the very end when Dulaney scored on a bouncer goal that JUST snuck in under the top cross bar.

It was one of the most exciting lacrosse game I've seen. Both teams deserve a lot of credit for the way they played.

I don't think any non Hot Heads say it's not real lax. Towson is #27 in the state and DVHS is #33 out of about 200 schools. Both are probably in the top 100-200 nationally. What's not to like about that.
I know this forum doesn't consider public high school 'real' lacrosse, but Dulaney and Towson played an incredibly intense game yesterday. After being down 5-1 in the 1st period, Dulaney fought back to tie it at 6 early in the third. The game then went back and forth with every kid on both sides just flying around the field. Towson was up by one at the end of regulation, but Dulaney tied it up with less than 5 seconds left to send it to OT.

The first OT saw both teams with scoring chances, but the defenses played tough. The second OT went the same way until almost the very end when Dulaney scored on a bouncer goal that JUST snuck in under the top cross bar.

It was one of the most exciting lacrosse game I've seen. Both teams deserve a lot of credit for the way they played.

I don't think any non Hot Heads say it's not real lax. Towson is #27 in the state and DVHS is #33 out of about 200 schools. Both are probably in the top 100-200 nationally. What's not to like about that.
Rankings have no bearing on how exciting a game between two evenly matched teams can be. I was also there watching many of the players my son grew up playing Rec and MS with and I don’t think I’ve ether seen a more exciting end to regulation and subsequent OT. Ball inbounded with less than 5 seconds and clock read 0.3 seconds when the tying goal went in. I can tell you that not a single player on that field cared about national rankings or felt like he was missing out by not going to an MIAA school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spaulding smile
I can’t see that without hearing Judge Smails in Caddyshack yelling it! 50 bucks says the Smails kid eats it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7-5 St Mary’s over MSJ…. MSJ was poised for a comeback… Ran out of time…. MSJ made St Mary’s look mediocre at best.. Head Coach of St Mary’s may have blew an O ring during the game

Can’t blame him. Terrible shooting by the saints today. It started with some bad shots early on, and snowballed. Shooting is definitely a weakness of STM. The MSJ goalie ended with well over 20 saves.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we stop all the Calvert Hall talk now lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can’t blame him. Terrible shooting by the saints today. It started with some bad shots early on, and snowballed. Shooting is definitely a weakness of STM. The MSJ goalie ended with well over 20 saves.

It’s one game stm did not bring its best effort and MSJ did. Can over look anyone when you are ranked #5 in the nation. But they still got the win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was wondering if BOTC was censoring all of the Saint Pauls Calvert Hall talk😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, we are here. Not a lot to talk about from the CH side. Another loss
To a team we should have beaten. Now we are sitting at the #7 spot in the conference. And the same handful of kids get to play. And we NEVER seem to get any better year over year. Feels like we are getting worse. We have a ton of kids who do well in practice but never get a shot in games. It’s just frustrating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To a team we should have beaten. Now we are sitting at the #7 spot in the conference. And the same handful of kids get to play. And we NEVER seem to get any better year over year. Feels like we are getting worse. We have a ton of kids who do well in practice but never get a shot in games. It’s just frustrating.

If your last name rhymes with smelly then you get to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severna Park is for real and everyone knows that. Good to see them get their shot every year at a couple MIAA schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aside from BL's season last year, didn't you just won 3 championships in a row?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH needs some defense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another loss to a team we should have beaten. Now we are sitting at the #7 spot in the conference. And the same handful of kids get to play. And we NEVER seem to get any better year over year. Feels like we are getting worse. We have a ton of kids who do well in practice but never get a shot in games. It’s just frustrating.

It’s tough. CH’s program has a TON of kids in it. Having coached big teams, it can be overwhelming.

Unfortunately, there’s no way to evaluate or develop as many kids as they have. There’s just not enough time or reps in practice to see what you have, yet alone help kids improve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have NO sympathy for kids that attend CHC (and BL and LB) and stand on the sidelines. It is common knowledge that Varsity teams at these schools have 40-50 players on the team and 16 kids see the field each game. They choose NOT to attend MIAA schools in their neighborhood where they could be starters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really unfair that CH can’t play the older kids in league play. Wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s all have a coke and a smile at Calvert Hall today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Times and locations for the Public-Private games:

Monday April 11, 2022
Kent Island at Boys Latin - 4:30pm
Severna Park at Severn - 5pm
Broadneck at St. Marys - 7pm

Wednesday April 13, 2022
Severna Park at St. Marys - 5pm
Broadneck at Severn - 7pm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve coached big teams before but that program has a TON of kids. Its incredibly hard to evaluate players OR help them develop in a team setting when there are simply not enough practice reps to go around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How's the back up goalie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4/11 Severna Park - Severn at St. Mary's 5:00
4/13 Both Games at Broadneck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where was the starting goalie?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve coached big teams before but that program has a TON of kids. Its incredibly hard to evaluate players OR help them develop in a team setting when there are simply not enough practice reps to go around.

A lot of good kids sitting on the sidelines that could be contributing at their public school or another private. At least they can say they went to ch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have NO sympathy for kids that attend CHC (and BL and LB) and stand on the sidelines. It is common knowledge that Varsity teams at these schools have 40-50 players on the team and 16 kids see the field each game. They choose NOT to attend MIAA schools in their neighborhood where they could be starters.
Nailed it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right? The Kelly approach to coaching CHC seems to - overall - be pretty outstanding. Even given the biases for playing his own sons etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH and BL in championship. Book it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To each their own. But buyer beware.

My son just went through it. There is a definite difference in recruiting philosophy at these schools.

Seems like the schools with large numbers and that have freshmen teams are recruiting as many kids as possible, just to keep them away from the competition.

The schools without freshmen teams are generally looking for the right type of kids. Specific kids. We stayed close to home and went with a smaller program and it’s been a great experience so far. Didn’t just get a phone call from a coach. We saw him repeatedly at our sons games and we got to know him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nailed it.

I have a lot of sympathy for you. Keep worrying about the number of left handed attackmen going to BL/LB/CH. If you look hard enough you'll find a spot for your AA son to see the field against JC. If you are willing to change MIAA schools because he can't compete maybe it's time to do the smart thing and base your decision on academics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To each their own. But buyer beware.

My son just went through it. There is a definite difference in recruiting philosophy at these schools.

Seems like the schools with large numbers and that have freshmen teams are recruiting as many kids as possible, just to keep them away from the competition.

The schools without freshmen teams are generally looking for the right type of kids. Specific kids. We stayed close to home and went with a smaller program and it’s been a great experience so far. Didn’t just get a phone call from a coach. We saw him repeatedly at our sons games and we got to know him.

+1

Lots of kids will decide as Sophomores to “focus on….(insert something other than lacrosse).”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn’t this like moving by the airport and complaining about the noise. You signed up for this dad probably so you could brag to you stunad friends that junior “plays” at Calvert Hall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuses but St Paul’s beat us with a young man who was projected to be our third string goalie. The starter is sadly out with illness and the second…..well, no comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The starting goalie for CH got expelled I hope he gets the help he needs ... CH should be deep enough with players to play next man up and get your chance .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuses but St Paul’s beat us with a young man who was projected to be our third string goalie. The starter is sadly out with illness and the second…..well, no comment.

How many goalies are on varsity at CH? They had at least 5 or 6 last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severna Park at Severn - 5pm
Broadneck at St. Marys - 7pm

Both games are at St Mary's

Like Reply Quote