BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,955
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 187 of 333 1 2 185 186 187 188 189 332 333
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A lot of them definitely are - Gilman splits their Kindergarden class into 2 and holds a decent amount back before 1st grade each year I believe

You're talking about pre-school. Kids repeat pre-school instead of starting kindergarten because they are not ready academically, socially, and emotionally; not because there is a grand plan to have older kids playing lacrosse against younger kids in the future.

Not so fast...

...Texas holds kids outta kindergarten a year so they are bigger for football. And you know there are crazies out here in the DMV -- both blue collar and quarter zips -- looking for that extra edge. For the quarter zips, it's so they don't have to shell out an extra $50K for a year's tuition repeating a grade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St M will win by a minimum of five goals and most likely more. It depends on whether Severn's top offensive players are back yet or not. Those games would be closer but I would still bet on Severn. Different universe of training and competition. The recent past was an anomaly. SM has one of their stronger teams in recent past.

Don’t think any player from either team would start for Severn or st Mary’s

SP’s goalie starts for anyone isn’t that right dad

St Marys and Severn goalies are really good. Broadneck goalie is good too. I think there is one kid at each position on the public teams that could compete for a starting spot on St Marys or Severn.

They may compete but STM bench players would easily start at those 2 schools.STM bench is deep and they can all play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St M will win by a minimum of five goals and most likely more. It depends on whether Severn's top offensive players are back yet or not. Those games would be closer but I would still bet on Severn. Different universe of training and competition. The recent past was an anomaly. SM has one of their stronger teams in recent past.

SP’s goalie starts for anyone isn’t that right dad

St Marys and Severn goalies are really good. Broadneck goalie is good too. I think there is one kid at each position on the public teams that could compete for a starting spot on St Marys or Severn.

I like what you did there. That’s some next level trolling of SP Goalie dad. Kudos to you, sir.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd slate of the week predictions:

STM at MSJ
Gilman at Spalding
Loyola at McDonogh
JC at Severn
CH at SP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of them definitely are - Gilman splits their Kindergarden class into 2 and holds a decent amount back before 1st grade each year I believe

You're talking about pre-school. Kids repeat pre-school instead of starting kindergarten because they are not ready academically, socially, and emotionally; not because there is a grand plan to have older kids playing lacrosse against younger kids in the future.

Sounds like you need to hit the wall.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STM at MSJ 15-4
Gilman at Spalding 3-15
Loyola at McDonogh 6-12
JC at Severn UPSET ALERT 9-8
CH at SP 12-5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy picks for tomorrow:

STM by 10+
Spalding by 8
McD by 5
Severn by 5
CH by 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy picks for tomorrow:

STM by 10+
Spalding by 8
McD by 5
Severn by 5
CH by 5

It does seem like a week for the haves vs the have-nots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy picks for tomorrow:

STM by 10+
Spalding by 8
McD by 5
Severn by 5
CH by 5

It does seem like a week for the haves vs the have-nots.

Can the Loyola Offense score and will the defense be able to hold Mcd to less than 10?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both SP and Broadneck have 2-3 that would start for Severn. Maybe 1-2 at StM. These games shouldn’t be close. But something tells me they will be.

Won’t be close. These publics schools should play other public schools or MIAA B and C teams. MIAA A is the strongest league in the country.

Troll alert!

Severna Park and Broadneck will give their private amigos tough games. StM and Severn know it. The kids know it. But the trolls are looking for bulletin board material.

Severna Park and Broadneck have nothing to lose. They just want to play competitive games. All of the kids know each other, the families are all friends, and it should be a great two days of games. I think St Marys will handle both teams and the Severn games will be closer with the possibility of going either way. I could be wrong, but who really cares. It will be the best teams in AA County playing and competing!

The Broadneck vs Kent Island very close game surprised me. Either Broadneck isn't as good as I thought or Kent Island is better than I thought. I think Severna Park beats Severn fairly easily and the St. Marys game is close. I think Broadneck is close to Severn and loses by a few to St. Marys.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Chad’s on here are cringing at the thought of losing some poor public school kids.

All the Travises on here are cringing at the thought of someone pointing out that their $900K homes in the nation's wealthiest school districts in Anne Arundel, Howard, and Montgomery Counties (to say nothing of Fairfax, Arlington, or DC) doesn't warrant their "my kid is tougher and had to work for it - you know - public school! " chip on the shoulder.

Median home prices are in excess of $1M for all us qtr zips. Maybe you need to “go hit the wall…”

You are way off. Severna Park median housing $600K. Broadneck median housing $500K.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STM at MSJ 15-4
Gilman at Spalding 3-15
Loyola at McDonogh 6-12
CH at SP 12-5

JC is a nice school but needs to go back to the B conference. 5-6 years of only having a chance against MSJ. They will win 1 league game at best this year and the foreseeable future.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quote
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STM at MSJ 15-4
Gilman at Spalding 3-15
Loyola at McDonogh 6-12
CH at SP 12-5

JC is a nice school but needs to go back to the B conference. 5-6 years of only having a chance against MSJ. They will win 1 league game at best this year and the foreseeable future.

Can’t fault them for challenging themselves. The talent level drops off significantly after A division. JC is at the bottom, but they would handle the B conference teams with little effort.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t think any player from either team would start for Severn or st Mary’s[/quote]

Both SP and Broadneck have 2-3 that would start for Severn. Maybe 1-2 at StM. These games shouldn’t be close. But something tells me they will be.[/quote]

Won’t be close. These publics schools should play other public schools or MIAA B and C teams. MIAA A is the strongest league in the country.[/quote]

Troll alert!

Severna Park and Broadneck will give their private amigos tough games. StM and Severn know it. The kids know it. But the trolls are looking for bulletin board material.[/quote]

Severna Park and Broadneck have nothing to lose. They just want to play competitive games. All of the kids know each other, the families are all friends, and it should be a great two days of games. I think St Marys will handle both teams and the Severn games will be closer with the possibility of going either way. I could be wrong, but who really cares. It will be the best teams in AA County playing and competing![/quote]

The Broadneck vs Kent Island very close game surprised me. Either Broadneck isn't as good as I thought or Kent Island is better than I thought. I think Severna Park beats Severn fairly easily and the St. Marys game is close. I think Broadneck is close to Severn and loses by a few to St. Marys.[/quote]

Good players on both teams. I know that someone will comment how none of them could play for St Marys, but Im not buying it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We aren’t pretenders. St Paul’s Was Down one of its best Players today. We will be fine. This team is for real.

SP about to go 0-4 in the Conference. Up by four goal margins multiple times vs very good middle of the pack opponents but fail to close the deal and get dominated in the latter stages. Can someone explain this to me?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We aren’t pretenders. St Paul’s Was Down one of its best Players today. We will be fine. This team is for real.

SP about to go 0-4 in the Conference. Up by four goal margins multiple times vs very good middle of the pack opponents but fail to close the deal and get dominated in the latter stages. Can someone explain this to me?
Still early, but SP is quickly entering must win territory if they hope to make the playoffs. Loyola and Severn were probably wins they needed to help their cause. If the top teams hold serve vs. SP, they don't make the playoffs. Beating the teams they think they should beat at this point won't be enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year, the 5th and 6th seeds had 4 losses in conference. SP is on thin ice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Possession matters and in all 3 games and we struggled to gain possession when it mattered. Offense is running through one players and that needs to change. Defense is strong but not deep and wears down in the 2nd half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year, the 5th and 6th seeds had 4 losses in conference. SP is on thin ice.

With games remaining against CH, STM, McD and BL….. the ice has melted!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Possession matters and in all 3 games and we struggled to gain possession when it mattered. Offense is running through one players and that needs to change. Defense is strong but not deep and wears down in the 2nd half.

Playing fast tempo has been an Achilles heel for this team especially once they've established a big lead. Their best players are forcing plays on both sides of the field. Their best poles leave the defensive hole early and are more focused on creating transition offense than protecting the goal. Their clearing is sloppy: be patient and make the high percentage pass. Their best offensive players are having great years statistically but need to be more deliberate (take less risk) when they have a big lead. Reality check: Not all of their offensive teammates have A Conference caliber stickwork. Sometimes less is more. Coaches need to hide weaker offensive players on the crease and get the stickhandlers and shooters on the perimeter. Too many unforced and unnecessary TOs in settled O. I'm surprised that some of these coaching adjustments weren't made after some of the early losses. Doing the same thing again and again poorly and expecting improvement is the definition of insanity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JV scores?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are they playing public schools that’s a weak schedule

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
STM at MSJ 15-4
Gilman at Spalding 3-15
Loyola at McDonogh 6-12
CH at SP 12-5

Can’t fault them for challenging themselves. The talent level drops off significantly after A division. JC is at the bottom, but they would handle the B conference teams with little effort.
JC beat Indian Creek 20-4. Curley won’t play them Any more
STM at MSJ 15-4
Gilman at Spalding 3-15
Loyola at McDonogh 6-12
CH at SP 12-5

JC isn’t going anywhere. Their school seems to be all-in and supportive of the program. And Reynolds is a pretty good coach. McD and Spalding took their lumps when they joined. They played in the league for a few years, struggled, and got their feet under them. They are doing ok now. Same may happen for JC too. Im hearing there are some good kids headed their way.

This forum is crazy, man. Not sure why anyone would care if JC is in the A league especially if their favorite school is getting an easy league win against them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the Chad’s on here are cringing at the thought of losing some poor public school kids.

All the Travises on here are cringing at the thought of someone pointing out that their $900K homes in the nation's wealthiest school districts in Anne Arundel, Howard, and Montgomery Counties (to say nothing of Fairfax, Arlington, or DC) doesn't warrant their "my kid is tougher and had to work for it - you know - public school! " chip on the shoulder.

Median home prices are in excess of $1M for all us qtr zips. Maybe you need to “go hit the wall…”

You are way off. Severna Park median housing $600K. Broadneck median housing $500K.

…Yeah, they ain’t quarter zips!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JV scores?
STM defeated MSJ 9-4
Spalding defeated Gilman 10-7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JV scores?
STM defeated MSJ 9-4
Spalding defeated Gilman 10-7
JC beat Severn 10-9

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are they playing public schools that’s a weak schedule
Not sure why BL is playing Kent Island. They are going to destroy them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola JV over McD 11-5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friday lines
McD over LB by 3
STM over MSJ by 7
AS over Gil by 7
CH over StP by 4
JC/Severn- Pick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's actually 602.5K....hit the housing data wall!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Friday lines
McD over LB by 3
STM over MSJ by 7
AS over Gil by 7
CH over StP by 4
JC/Severn- Pick

LB upset special by 2 goals 8-6 over MCD
Severn by 4 or 5 over JC
CH by 6 over SP
AS by 10 over Gilman
Fine with your STM MSJ line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this forum doesn't consider public high school 'real' lacrosse, but Dulaney and Towson played an incredibly intense game yesterday. After being down 5-1 in the 1st period, Dulaney fought back to tie it at 6 early in the third. The game then went back and forth with every kid on both sides just flying around the field. Towson was up by one at the end of regulation, but Dulaney tied it up with less than 5 seconds left to send it to OT.

The first OT saw both teams with scoring chances, but the defenses played tough. The second OT went the same way until almost the very end when Dulaney scored on a bouncer goal that JUST snuck in under the top cross bar.

It was one of the most exciting lacrosse game I've seen. Both teams deserve a lot of credit for the way they played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this forum doesn't consider public high school 'real' lacrosse, but Dulaney and Towson played an incredibly intense game yesterday. After being down 5-1 in the 1st period, Dulaney fought back to tie it at 6 early in the third. The game then went back and forth with every kid on both sides just flying around the field. Towson was up by one at the end of regulation, but Dulaney tied it up with less than 5 seconds left to send it to OT.

The first OT saw both teams with scoring chances, but the defenses played tough. The second OT went the same way until almost the very end when Dulaney scored on a bouncer goal that JUST snuck in under the top cross bar.

It was one of the most exciting lacrosse game I've seen. Both teams deserve a lot of credit for the way they played.

Come on dad.. You know if you aren't wearing a quarter zip and visor from an MIAA school that can't post here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cool story bro

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More like cammo and auto body T shirts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this forum doesn't consider public high school 'real' lacrosse
They will when Severna Park takes down St. Mary's and Severn next week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think any non Hot Heads say it's not real lax. Towson is #27 in the state and DVHS is #33 out of about 200 schools. Both are probably in the top 100-200 nationally. What's not to like about that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think any non Hot Heads say it's not real lax. Towson is #27 in the state and DVHS is #33 out of about 200 schools. Both are probably in the top 100-200 nationally. What's not to like about that.

Sounds like a great game.Only the clowns on this site that never played lacrosse but pound chest on the fact they spent 20 grand in his kids yourh lacrosse career and mantra " Hit the Wall" rebuts defines them. Love to hear about those games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the Woodlawn / Randallstown game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the Woodlawn / Randallstown game?

OK now you're taking it too far

Like Reply Quote
Page 187 of 333 1 2 185 186 187 188 189 332 333
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard