BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,907
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 141 of 333 1 2 139 140 141 142 143 332 333
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Even for notIntelligent people in this world and the Lions and Sheep- there is a right way and wrong way of doing things.In a world where every wrong decision is quickly sniffed out its hard to have any sympathy for those purposely cutting corners and leveraging hard work from others to gain future success. Especially in youth - high school sports. Boosters and Alumni have been paying tuition and supporting academic and athletics forever-
However, when you leave a trail behind you it really leaves a bad taste for all to swallow- especially when the booster works his way on to a sideline and basically takes over an entire program. Unlike this other booster talked about in this forum who stays silent and asks for almost nothing in return. So for the notIntelligent ones and the sheep that follow the lion your ‘hit the wall’ remarks are classless just like your brotherhood and family post are. The SJC parents and team are great people and they don’t deserve to be treated like this by anyone nor those Spalding families and players that have nothing to do with Hawks -

Very true-almost feel bad for Phipps- almost! Phipps, Hogan, Cottle,Ford, Kelly should all check their egos at the door. Embarrassing all around!

Don’t feel Bad for Phipps. He is aware of what is happening.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go Hawks?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
giving back scholarship money is very common in the private/prep school world. Its called being grateful which you obviously don’t understand. Yes she gave back close to two hundred grand. And yes we didn’t have much extra money when she was in high school to visit her but thanks to her we have some now. … shes very grateful to us as well. Its very strange you can’t understand this. I never said where she went to prep school or college or what she does for a living that could get her paid this kind of money.

I dont recall mentioning a son.

Club directors do not make much money off their clubs they make it from the tournaments they host.
The same guys who run the club tournaments are now running the summer high school tournaments. I guess your sons high school hasn’t been invited to them. High school kids from the elite schools much rather play for their high school then for their club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
re read what I wrote I wrote, club lacrosse will end in eighth grade… there will be no high school club. High school players will only play for their high school. So, your kid better go to a high school with an excellent lacrosse program. I saw the roster of teams participating at high school summer tournament this past summer. It was a who’s who of all the top high school programs in the countr public and private. There were teams from the mid west, California, Florida , Georgia and Texas but not one public school from MD. Severna Park had a handful of kids who joined up with two other public high schools from PA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
giving back scholarship money is very common in the private/prep school world. Its called being grateful which you obviously don’t understand. Yes she gave back close to two hundred grand. And yes we didn’t have much extra money when she was in high school to visit her but thanks to her we have some now. … shes very grateful to us as well. Its very strange you can’t understand this. I never said where she went to prep school or college or what she does for a living that could get her paid this kind of money.

“All she had to do was have lunch with the guy once each semester, in the schools cafeteria, and her mother and I never met the man.
And now my son is doing the same.
What’s wrong with someone helping us get a better education for our child then we could afford.”

Post 345437 if you want to go back and read your story.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“All she had to do was have lunch with the guy once each semester, in the schools cafeteria, and her mother and I never met the man.
What’s wrong with someone helping us get a better education for our child then we could afford.”

Person is so full of it. This is a made up story that belongs in fantasy land. Keeps giving one excuse after another. Must be a serial liar. Cant even imagine what kind of person would make up such a story and run with it ?? Talk about weird and strange. They are another one of these posters that makes you think, What The ....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am trying to figure out who this person is? Connecting the dots as we speak. Do we know where Jeffery Epstein went to Prep School?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gosh I didnt realize how people on this forum are clueless of what’s available for your children that will better their lives
Let me clarify…
1:) its very hard to leave your child at prep/ private school and only be able to visit her on campus a few times a year due to our financial situation… we chose to visit when she had a game so we could watch
2:) they met for lunch in the school cafeteria once a semester when he came in for the schools trustee meetings. There was no “constant meeting of the two”. He too did not live close to campus and we were never there at the same time….today we coukd have Zoomed him.
3:) she used her second year employment bonus to donate all the money she received from this scholarship back to the school. She does very well financially in her career. She is ever grateful to this man and the school for the opportunities they have provided her and felt a real need in her heart to pay it back to the SCHOOL not the individual. At her current age she has already recoup this money with subsequent bonuses. I know of many others at other schools who have done the same.
4:) I originally chimed in to squash this idiotic holdback debate. Its the prep/private schools that require it. You just cant walk in and say I want to hold my child back. There are many kids as you say on age at these schools that started in the lower grades and advance to high school. Public school kids are not prepared to slide over to a private school. One admission director at a private school told me for every 150 public school student who applies maybe one could slide over on grade.

The real takeaway is to you parents , get off your butt and seek out these opportunities for your child. There are alot of them out there.

Good luck and if you still think this is creepy or odd I feel bad for your children.

Sorry one more thing…. in the next few years club is going to stop in eighth grade so where your child plays in high school is going to be extremely important if he or she wants to advance to play in college at any level.

You are so full of it. Your stories get harder and harder to believe.... So your top academic and top athletic Daughter gave back all her winnings in only her second year out of college ( over 100K easily) back to the wealthy private school with millions in their endowment fund while her poor brother had to continue with getting his handout. And you guys in the meantime still cant afford to get off to visit school. Yep, that sounds right. LOL Cant wait for your explanation. Cant wait.

Sorry one more thing... You now are a soothsayer who can predict the future of youth lacrosse with the ending of all club lacrosse teams prior to eight grade. Yep, all Club owners will give up those teams for sure. Who cares about money. LOL

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What toothless org is gonna end club lacrosse? USL?!
Sure!
Hilarious!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry you can’t understand . Oops I did mention my son and I won’t go into details but his journey has yet to be completed.

Club lacrosse will end in eighth grade in the near future . Do what you want but I would suggest getting your son into a top private school if he wants to play in college.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does it say end club lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why isn’t Tom paying for this SJC kid who cannot attend Spalding to go to Culver, Deerfield, or somewhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry you can’t understand . Oops I did mention my son and I won’t go into details but his journey has yet to be completed.

Club lacrosse will end in eighth grade in the near future . Do what you want but I would suggest getting your son into a top private school if he wants to play in college.
So you have to go to private school if u want to play in college? That’s a new one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty much so if you live in MD and want to play top D1 but you can pay $70,000 for a D 111 school and get a liberal arts degree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oops, did I mention that you are fantasy writer who changes their story every time they get caught in a untruth. Poor son tho, His sister gave over 200k to school when she was 23 , yet left her poor brother out to dry on his journey. Come on sis..pitch in, I hear you are getting 100k plus bonus each year , spare the bro some pair change.

While you are at it, could you pay for some vacation days for the folks, They could use a few days off,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oops, did I mention that you are fantasy writer who changes their story every time they get caught in a untruth. Poor son tho, His sister gave over 200k to school when she was 23 , yet left her poor brother out to dry on his journey. Come on sis..pitch in, I hear you are getting 100k plus bonus each year , spare the bro some pair change.

While you are at it, could you pay for some vacation days for the folks, They could use a few days off,

And some therapy for the folks too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty much so if you live in MD and want to play top D1 but you can pay $70,000 for a D 111 school and get a liberal arts degree.
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 2021 recruiting end up? What schools had the most signed players at all levels(1,2,3)? Did coaches talk about red shirting with players still repeating? Trying to figure out what it will like for the 2022

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Pretty much so if you live in MD and want to play top D1 but you can pay $70,000 for a D 111 school and get a liberal arts degree.

You know nothing
- about public vs private
- about the majors at liberal arts schools and return on investment
-about how few people pay full ticket at liberal arts schools - my daughter’s liberal arts school ended up being cheaper than my son’s in state university. It’s called merit, grants, and aid.

Do some research

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do realize that they are lots of players from public school that play lacrosse in college, right?

Not everyone can afford or even want private school, but it doesn't mean there aren't exceptional athletes and students in public schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bring back MYLA. Both of my kids are in college now and both played very high level club and very high level MIAA/IAAM lacrosse. Both will say that their best lacrosse experiences were playing in MYLA as kids. My son's last year in MYLA_Midget there were 13 teams in the league and that was in 2012-2013. Now MYLA is all but gone. My friends with younger kids are miserable and so are their children. $2500/yr for club for 4th graders before the kids even know if they like lacrosse or not. Pressure to join a team, pressure to switch teams, teams poaching kids, kids as young as 5th grade reclassifying, young kids getting burnt out and injured playing lacrosse from January to July... it is a mess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 2021 recruiting end up? What schools had the most signed players at all levels(1,2,3)? Did coaches talk about red shirting with players still repeating? Trying to figure out what it will like for the 2022

Grim.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a fact
Private school = Division 1
Public School = Community College or middle to lower D3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a true statement, but whatever gets you through the day.

Sure there may be a larger quantity of kids that go from private - but it isn't the be all and end all.

Plenty of great players come out of public school - girls and boys - that go on to play at all different levels.(yes, DI included)

13% of all high school lacrosse players go on to play lacrosse in college (all 3 levels). If your kid is part of that 13% at any level - from public or private - then be proud.

Division 1 is awesome; however, there is often more money at Division 2, and Division 3 schools are nothing to scoff at - there are more opportunities to play (3x the number of DI schools). Playing a sport in college is admirable at any level and there are lots of options out there. If the message to your kid is that DI is the only goal and the only option for a great player... then you aren't well informed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a fact

Assuming you are referring to Maryland because in NY majority of lacrosse player play at their public school. Looking here in MD - Towson has 5 MD public school grads, UMBC has 15, Maryland has 2, Loyola 3. Mt St Mary's 8. Plenty MIAA A division contributor go to D3. Don't be a hammerhead

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bring back MYLA. Both of my kids are in college now and both played very high level club and very high level MIAA/IAAM lacrosse. Both will say that their best lacrosse experiences were playing in MYLA as kids. My son's last year in MYLA_Midget there were 13 teams in the league and that was in 2012-2013. Now MYLA is all but gone. My friends with younger kids are miserable and so are their children. $2500/yr for club for 4th graders before the kids even know if they like lacrosse or not. Pressure to join a team, pressure to switch teams, teams poaching kids, kids as young as 5th grade reclassifying, young kids getting burnt out and injured playing lacrosse from January to July... it is a mess.

Some rec programs making a comeback by playing in club league. Lutherville, Kelly Post, Hoco, Perry Hall etc all have younger teams 3-5th retaining players and often better than private club counterparts. Who knows if they will be able to keep together into middle school. But at least people are wising up for grammar school teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a fact
This is not a fact! Give it a rest!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very few public school players ( total ) play D1….maybe two or three, whereas 5-6 from each MIAA schools matriculate to top D1 programs.

The sooner you realize this the better for your son so you can control his expectations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you are hammering home the point… only two are playing at an Elite D1 program.
Only 2 out of how many kids who play at public schools in Maryland?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 is lower level lacrosse the MIAA JV teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would not be proud of my son to play D3 and I wouldn’t let any of my kids attend a D2 or D3 school.
D1 is his only option and not at schools like Towson or UMBC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would not be proud of my son to play D3 and I wouldn’t let any of my kids attend a D2 or D3 school.

This must be a joke? You would rather they go to D1 High Point then D3 W&L or Amherst? You do know there is not really any lacrosse (at least one in which it is your only job), post college?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 is lower level lacrosse the MIAA JV teams

ridiculous! Pretty common knowledge that the better D3 teams could handle any number of D1 bottom-feeders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has to be a troll. How else could you explain such a post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of my sons played in MYLA A .All the best players were there. .He played for Cockeysville, played against LTRC, Kelly Post , TT, etc, Some really great competitive games played for very little money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amherst just fired there coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland public school graduates can’t get into W&L or Amherst. Maybe 5% of public school graduates in the state of MD can read, write or do math. It’s sad we have to spend $35,000 a year to insure our children get a quality education. Not to mention the amount we spend in taxes to the school system for nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland public school graduates can’t get into W&L or Amherst. Maybe 5% of public school graduates in the state of MD can read, write or do math. It’s sad we have to spend $35,000 a year to insure our children get a quality education. Not to mention the amount we spend in taxes to the school system for nothing.

Montgomery and Howard County public schools are among the highest rated school systems in the country and MD ranks in the top 1/3 of public schools nationwide, but God forbid you let facts get in the way of your uninformed rant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truly an arrogance bred of ignorance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some rec programs making a comeback by playing in club league. Lutherville, Kelly Post, Hoco, Perry Hall etc all have younger teams 3-5th retaining players and often better than private club counterparts. Who knows if they will be able to keep together into middle school. But at least people are wising up for grammar school teams
A couple good ones in Harford Co. sticking together too- Blue Claws and Forest Hill.

Like Reply Quote
Page 141 of 333 1 2 139 140 141 142 143 332 333
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard