BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,918
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 103 of 327 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone tell me where I can find the list of colleges coaches attending the Champions Cup this weekend in Virginia. I couldn't find it on Champ Cup or YJ websites. Thanks
pretty much all of them , its an event sponsored by there association, and almost every team sends a rep

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me where I can find the list of colleges coaches attending the Champions Cup this weekend in Virginia. I couldn't find it on Champ Cup or YJ websites. Thanks
pretty much all of them , its an event sponsored by there association, and almost every team sends a rep

If the school is in the association, they are required to send at least one coach...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ organization having an amazing weekend!!

2014 National Draw Champions
2015 National Draw Champions
2016 National Draw Champions
2017 Northeast Regional Champions

2018,2019,2020,2021 still in it!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 just won!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Jones National Draw Champions!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a showing from this club team! This is Simply
Amazing and a true testament to CR, the directors and staff.
They represented Long Island with Class and Dignity!

2017 Baker National Draw Semi Finalist
2018 National Draw Champions
2018 Grazedei Semi Finalist National Draw
2019 Costa National Draw Finalist
2019 Bert National Draw Semi Finalist
2020 Jones National Draw Champions
2020 Curcio National Draw Finalist
2021 Skakandi National Draw Semi Finalist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yJs showed up with some of the best teams and some of the worst teams this weekend. Congrats on the wins. When your club is three times the size of the next biggest club your going to be able to put together some very strong top teams, even some reasonable second teams. The middle and bottom teams are just making someone rich. The model of win at all cost is certainly paying off for the girls who get the playing time on the top teams. Certainly can't argue with the success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmmmm .... everyone is so quiet now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes we have seen the emails and facebook updates. Was it true the North Carolina coach was at the 2021 game?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yJs showed up with some of the best teams and some of the worst teams this weekend. Congrats on the wins. When your club is three times the size of the next biggest club your going to be able to put together some very strong top teams, even some reasonable second teams. The middle and bottom teams are just making someone rich. The model of win at all cost is certainly paying off for the girls who get the playing time on the top teams. Certainly can't argue with the success.

This, to me, is just an uneducated statement. Out of all the teams YJ entered in this tournament, only 3 had losing records. The organization recorded 5 of the 7 championships awarded. This includes one of the "reasonable" second teams that you state above. These teams are well coached and the girls want to play. I agree that 4 or 5 teams in each age group is a bit much, but it is what it is. If girls want to play and parents want to pay, someone will step forward to serve this market. Right now YJ have, maybe someone else will soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This, to me, is just an uneducated statement. Out of all the teams YJ entered in this tournament, only 3 had losing records. The organization recorded 5 of the 7 championships awarded. This includes one of the "reasonable" second teams that you state above. These teams are well coached and the girls want to play. I agree that 4 or 5 teams in each age group is a bit much, but it is what it is. If girls want to play and parents want to pay, someone will step forward to serve this market. Right now YJ have, maybe someone else will soon.

Formula for winning tourney's CR edict, "playing time is not guaranteed " rivals, playoffs and championship games top half of her rosters go most of the game. Coaches wil hear it from CR if they lose and don't follow direct orders!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Formula for winning tourney's CR edict, "playing time is not guaranteed " rivals, playoffs and championship games top half of her rosters go most of the game. Coaches wil hear it from CR if they lose and don't follow direct orders!

Sounds like a winning formula

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2017(Bert) Congrats to these girls who just won the National Northeast GU15 Championships in Amhurst, Mass this past weekend!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, does this mean they are heading down for the U-15 National Championship tournament next month?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a winning formula

Not true not every team follows that rule they choose to role the dice! Until CR finds out from one her worker bees.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, does this mean they are heading down for the U-15 National Championship tournament next month?

Doesn't mean a thing some of 2017 Blue Bert will be going to U-15 Nationals but not all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2017(Bert) Congrats to these girls who just won the National Northeast GU15 Championships in Amhurst, Mass this past weekend!!!!

What teams did they play? Heard many teams skipped the event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just go to us lacrosse to find out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played who ever was put in front of them and beat all comers. They ended up being the #1 seed and beat the #2,#3 and #4 seeds on there way to the championship. A nice accomplishment for a team that was a year younger than almost every team in that tournament.That particular YJ2017 Blue Bert team is a good group of girls that keeps a low profile and thus far have had great success they conduct themselves with great maturity and always look to improve.
Good for you 2017's Blue Bert job well done!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played who ever was put in front of them and beat all comers. They ended up being the #1 seed and beat the #2,#3 and #4 seeds on there way to the championship. A nice accomplishment for a team that was a year younger than almost every team in that tournament.That particular YJ2017 Blue Bert team is a good group of girls that keeps a low profile and thus far have had great success they conduct themselves with great maturity and always look to improve.

Do they look to add girls at tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the YJ 2017 Bert team. I have not seen them play yet but have heard they are a very strong team. Is the team going to Florida for the U-15 tournament since they have qualified now? Sounds like they could be competitive with many of the 2016 teams around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it bother YJ families that the YJ club has the reputation for being a bunch of thug players and parents, or does that not bother you?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Does it bother YJ families that the YJ club has the reputation for being a bunch of thug players and parents, or does that not bother you?
Exactly what types of responses do you need to convince yourself that you do not like the Yellow Jackets reputation? Sounds like you have already made up your mind about the program and the responses will not really matter. In other words, this question is a pitch in the dirt and not worth having our readers take a swing at it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope it doesnt bother me because its not true. My daughter just played a team from New Jersey and they had multiple cards called against them for swings and pushes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do they look to add girls at tryouts?

No try-outs CR makes decision on who goes and who stays period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think i mentioned this a few times already what i was seeing at blue (multiple) practices. It comes as no surprise we lost at national draw. Not going to rehash it but feel free to go back a few pages and take a glance. Don't think we can blame refs for this one. Wish we could though. Congrats to you Miss Jones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Exactly what types of responses do you need to convince yourself that you do not like the Yellow Jackets reputation? Sounds like you have already made up your mind about the program and the responses will not really matter. In other words, this question is a pitch in the dirt and not worth having our readers take a swing at it.

Definition - Thug Play - When a player other than your kid plays hard.
- Playing with Heart - When Your kid plays hard and others think he or she is a Thug Player.

Please don't confuse hard play and heart with underhandedness. Hey I'm not saying there aren't those who play a little dirty, but please don't think it just Long Islanders.

Not A YJ Parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think i mentioned this a few times already what i was seeing at blue (multiple) practices. It comes as no surprise we lost at national draw. Not going to rehash it but feel free to go back a few pages and take a glance. Don't think we can blame refs for this one. Wish we could though. Congrats to you Miss Jones.

Wonder how many feel the same about the game and the group. I was very surprised to see only one girl move from Jones to Curcio this year. All the other new players just came to YJ this year. And one moved from the Chris team. A lot of us thought that was kind of odd. Did they think that the better of the Jones girls weren't good enough? Or is Jones being allowed to have a say in who she keeps? My bet is the latter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you saying? I don't see anything earlier about this...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wonder how many feel the same about the game and the group. I was very surprised to see only one girl move from Jones to Curcio this year. All the other new players just came to YJ this year. And one moved from the Chris team. A lot of us thought that was kind of odd. Did they think that the better of the Jones girls weren't good enough? Or is Jones being allowed to have a say in who she keeps? My bet is the latter.

Who is "a lot of us"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How surprised could you have been. After all 2020 Chris beat Jones last year. It must be the new girls that are carrying the Jones team because last years team was not so great. Now for a reality check. At this age it does not really matter. There are 5 teams at that age. Let's talk in 4 years, they will not even be close to the same as they are now! I predict that the top team will be 50% different in 4 years. Over the next 4 years you will see about 3 girls move down each year. They will be replaced by girls from all teams as well as new ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How surprised could you have been. After all 2020 Chris beat Jones last year. It must be the new girls that are carrying the Jones team because last years team was not so great. Now for a reality check. At this age it does not really matter. There are 5 teams at that age. Let's talk in 4 years, they will not even be close to the same as they are now! I predict that the top team will be 50% different in 4 years. Over the next 4 years you will see about 3 girls move down each year. They will be replaced by girls from all teams as well as new ones.

First off, we did NOT beat Jones last year. Came close. Second, look at who is no longer on team. (walk ons and some that should stick to PAL) Third yes we lost some good kids to Jones but you could already see the talent on that squad. And finally hope to see you soon on the c team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look at the jones team still lots of #40's, 50's and 60's on that roster. Lets see if the hold onto those kids next year or they are moved up. Can't have the top team losing its bad for business.

I do love when the underdog wins! I would bet some top parents haven't been able to sleep since they got back. Probably have their kids on the wall 6 hours a day in the heat this week! fun fun fun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the YJ psycho Mommies doing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not so great, outside the Babylon lax blast blue took their lumps also. Jones is better coach. Curcio yelled and ripped her players after losing to Jones Gold team. Blue has about 5 outstanding players and the rest are good players just like Gold has plenty of talent and play as a team. No solo acts who do what they want. If you saw the game blue players and parents were so cocky after beating M&D that they thought it would be a walk in the park victory. Wrong. BTW, Jones and Chris team tied at All Star Express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First off, we did NOT beat Jones last year. Came close. Second, look at who is no longer on team. (walk ons and some that should stick to PAL) Third yes we lost some good kids to Jones but you could already see the talent on that squad. And finally hope to see you soon on the c team.

You need to read again. Your response sounds like your on the Chris team. If so your response makes no sense. The point was that only one Jones kid moved up but to no surprise based on games played last year, manly one against Chris which they supposedly lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh. Ok. I get it. "She is your kid".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you saying? I don't see anything earlier about this...
This is politics as usual. The friends and family plan is available at all levels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's called a fluke, we didn't take them seriously and they caught us sleeping. If they played 10 times Jones is lucky to win 1, unfortunately it was in the finals at National Draw.I'm sure we'll see them in the finals at Babylon Lax Blast and the score will be very different

Like Reply Quote
Page 103 of 327 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard