BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,292
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 113 of 334 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 333 334
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who’s getting shut down due to COVID ? Seeing some games cancelled this week?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Spalding... some parents got it from the hot dog water at the concession stand and passed it on to their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've heard of 5, possibly 6, teams that have had to shut down completely for single positives. And thus, far no secondary transmissions, which is good news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the top tier football teams parents did not get their kids tested during the season if they thought their kids had Covid because they did not want the games to get cancelled. They had them stay home and go virtual if possible. I am assuming Lax might be going the same way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the top tier football teams parents did not get their kids tested during the season if they thought their kids had Covid because they did not want the games to get cancelled. They had them stay home and go virtual if possible. I am assuming Lax might be going the same way.

wow, that is responsible.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keeping them home and isolated is responsible.

The simple fact is that kids are at all but zero risk. Schools are in a no-win situation where they have to react irrationally to a non-threat by cancelling activities. That is 100% counterproductive if the goal is kids' physical and mental health.

Parents are going to respond according.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The simple fact is that kids are at all but zero risk. Schools are in a no-win situation where they have to react irrationally to a non-threat by cancelling activities. That is 100% counterproductive if the goal is kids' physical and mental health.

the issue isn't kid to kid transmission as much as to the transmission from kid to possible parent or grandparent who may not handle the virus as well. Very irresponsible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the issue isn't kid to kid transmission as much as to the transmission from kid to possible parent or grandparent who may not handle the virus as well. Very irresponsible.

At this point if parent or grandparent hasn't gotten vaccinated that's their choice. There are multiple appointments available at multiple places these days. If they haven't gotten vaccinated than they're the one's being irresponsible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The data says that kids are not likely transmission vectors.

The data also says that the shutdowns and cancellation of activities have led to a huge spike in youth suicide.

It has been over a year now of "14 days to slow the spread".

Those at risk have had the opportunity to get vaccinated.

Time to let kids have lives without sacrificing them for 'well, maybe, possibly, someone will give it to someone and maybe grandma will get it.'

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Loyola didn't have much trouble with Gilman. Balanced offense put in 13 against a really good goalie. Final was 13-4

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please refocus back onto this thread's primary topic... the 21st ranked high school team in the USA who has already smoked Philadelphia's top team AND a traditional AA county power AND is now poised to run the table in the A conference... Please chime in with your insights and appreciation for Spalding's first two games. I watched the stream of the Severn game three times and personally I loved the stadium announcer, the cheerleaders, and the rotation which is so #Elite it only includes 13 guys. #Elite #Tradition #TheMovement

Spalding’s seniors and juniors beat up on Severn’s freshman and sophomores haha. It was completely even in the first have but Severn doesn’t have the numbers this year. If you’re seriously basing how good Spalding is on beating Severn’s 14 and 15 year olds you’re gonna be in for a rude awakening.

Also not impressed with lids kid. All of his points were wide open shots on the crease or from <10 yards and feeds that a five year old could make. Kid isn’t a good athlete, small, average at best shot. He also plays scared. How did his father manage to get Navy to take him? He will never see the field there. If daddy lids wasn’t around he’d ride bench on any miaa team. However the midi going to Towson is a player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This game was along time ago. Boring subject.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then keep your kid home!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough break for Spalding that the first season they ever make the playoffs and have a deep run will forever be considered an Asterisk Season due to the impact of the pandemic on scheduling and rosters. Karma is real.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough break for Spalding that the first season they ever make the playoffs and have a deep run will forever be considered an Asterisk Season due to the impact of the pandemic on scheduling and rosters. Karma is real.
Wow. I bet you are a class act. So what if it does? Hope you are not a parent of a player on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh over St Mary's 16-10. Who's go the scoop? Heard McDonogh looked really good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McDonogh over St Mary's 16-10. Who's go the scoop? Heard McDonogh looked really good

St. Mary's is overrated big time. If they didn't dominate the face-off X it would have been much worse. McD is legit. I also detest to agree with the chest beating dads on this forum but Spalding is the real deal. I expect those two to compete for the championship along with CHC. The others are a notch below.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St marys will beat spalding by 6+ this year. Spalding defense is weak and offense has no firepower.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St marys will beat spalding by 6+ this year. Spalding defense is weak and offense has no firepower.
https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/high-...d-joins-nike-usl-high-school-boys-top-25

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola> CHC/Spaulding/McD/BL>everyone else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola> CHC/Spaulding/McD/BL>everyone else
Spalding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. Mary's is overrated big time. If they didn't dominate the face-off X it would have been much worse. McD is legit. I also detest to agree with the chest beating dads on this forum but Spalding is the real deal. I expect those two to compete for the championship along with CHC. The others are a notch below.

Seems to me that St. Mary's is appropriately rated - a middle-of-the pack team. They had a bad 2d qtr where they were outscored 6-1. Otherwise, it was a toss-up. Face-off X WAS a bright spot for St. Mary's. Their defense and goalie never looked settled/organized during that 2d qtr, due in part to some wicked/shifty moves by McD's offensive players, who deserve full credit. St. Mary's will be fine. Only their 2d game and with the benefit of just 1 scrimmage. The season is young.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Poor guy, you still cant get over your son and his lack of ability to make Spalding. Might be time to move to Baseball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is, at many schools, those kids are not allowed to return or participate in anything until they get a covid test. If it comes back positive, the team that they were practicing with and associated cohorts is suspended 10 days from that positive test. It doesn't help to wait to get tested.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding's top 13 are better than any in the league.
It's just a question if that is a model that can work in this league.
St Mary's won it all that way a couple years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St Mary’s has lots of talent just needs to mess better together. Only 1 scrimmage prior to the season starting. Due to covid issues. They have the tough part of the schedule first Mcd Loyola Calvert hall out the gate. They will be fine and will make the top 6 for playoffs. Then who knows how things play out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola first then CHC/MCD right behind them. Spalding may be in that second group but they need to prove it first. Not certain regarding BL but they could be in that second group as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola first then CHC/MCD right behind them. Spalding may be in that second group but they need to prove it first. Not certain regarding BL but they could be in that second group as well.
McD will win it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough break in your mind only. Your comment smacks of a person who doesn't understand the game and real athletic competition.

I'm not a Spalding fan at all. But if they win it on the field, they win on the field. Good on them. Same with whoever wins the college lax championship this year without the Ivies.

If CH wins it all, they will be lauded for the 4-peat. Similar kudos to AS if they win it on the field. If you're in the ring, you're competing. Good luck to all the teams who compete this year and congrats to whoever wins it all. It will be truly a great accomplishment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta love all these Spaulding boosters. How many scrimmages has Daddy Lids and Cottle had them play already? They will get spanked when it matters. Soft, B league program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Poor guy, you still cant get over your son and his lack of ability to make Spalding. Might be time to move to Baseball

I’ve seen this comment made before - not sure who you think you are referring to? But seriously, ‘ability to not make Spalding ‘ haha that is some funny stuff right there. Who at St Mary’s or any other MIAA school or even some public schools wouldn’t make that team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve seen this comment made before - not sure who you think you are referring to? But seriously, ‘ability to not make Spalding ‘ haha that is some funny stuff right there. Who at St Mary’s or any other MIAA school or even some public schools wouldn’t make that team?

Everyone makes spaldings team not cuts. Problem is they only play 13 players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the Stevenson University model.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wondering if one day you will look back and think - Man I wasted a lot of time hating on a HS that I had no affiliation with? Hating on HS players that I didn’t even really know? Sad life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wondering if one day you will look back and think - Man I wasted a lot of time hating on a HS that I had no affiliation with? Hating on HS players that I didn’t even really know? Sad life

Most dads are familiar with Mighty Mouse. 🐭

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most dads are familiar with Mighty Mouse. 🐭
It's still pathetic. The kind of people that sit around bashing young men anonymously and figuring out how to embed emojis like a teenage girl. Ripleys 22s must have really humiliated the baltimore dads through the years for the time and dedication of these trolls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Darn, Still having a hard time dealing with your sons lack of ability to get invited to Spalding with the rest of his peers. Not the best look being envious and bitter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Invited to play at a Spaulding? Hey - come play for a program that loses to Broadneck and John Carroll and never makes the playoffs. Daddy Lids will pay your tuition though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine with the girls rankings being released this past week we should expect the boys very soon Very interested to see the 2021 rankings as these kids have been relatively hidden the past year I personally think DT is the top player kid is special But so many of these players barely played last summer Will be fun seeing this group
The 2022 class was seen and evaluated more with so many recruiting events through COVID but also interested if there is any change in top 10. Minus the 91 attack man JS who has cemented himself as the top player. -3 other players have either missed or will miss significant time the LI mid has been out the longest then the BL att mid who has a long history of missing time and is often hurt missing this entire fall this year (been discussed here) now the CH attack man looks to be out Think some other players in top 10 will begin to push them down due to being healthy Has to be some penalty for missing extensive time
Unrelated I know how this will be received here Spalding will be a Final 4 MIAA team

Like Reply Quote
Page 113 of 334 1 2 111 112 113 114 115 333 334
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard