BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,967
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 109 of 333 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 332 333
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So who wins the MIAA this year?

I see talk of Spalding, BL, etc what about Calvert Hall or Mcdonough?

And I am not trying to stir the pot literally just asking as I dont know the depth and stars for each team.

I would say this year is wide open top 6 teams have a shot at winning. Depends who gets hot at the end of the season. Should be fun year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who wins the MIAA this year?

I see talk of Spalding, BL, etc what about Calvert Hall or Mcdonough?

And I am not trying to stir the pot literally just asking as I dont know the depth and stars for each team.

I would say this year is wide open top 6 teams have a shot at winning. Depends who gets hot at the end of the season. Should be fun year.

The field has been level by COVID-19. CHC hasn’t had opportunity to instill the culture. Teams were majority of starters haven’t played a varsity level game .

If they all get to play a season, they are winners but suspect the Champion will be the team that makes it thru without a COVID shutdown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have experience with kids multiple private and public. Public is better. Better college prep, better teachers, better preparation for the real world. Far less social pressure, racism, drugs, and bullying. Yes MIAA.

You must be talking about schools like Spalding or Calvert Hall. Those are hardly “private” schools when anybody can go there if they’re willing to pay. Actual private schools like Gilman, Mcdonogh, or Severn are great academic schools. This talk about public school teachers being better is bs they’re some of the laziest schmucks I’ve ever met. You must’ve met some teachers at Spalding lol. Better college prep you say? Is that why public school has many kids who don’t go to college and or go to community college? Better preparation for the real world? Give me a break good private schools will set you up for the rest of your life. And yes public schools DEFINITELY do not have any racism, drugs, or bullying LOL. BTW after going to a private school I do not think it’s personally worth it and wouldn’t send my kid to one, but to say public schools are better than the likes of Gilman, Mcdonogh, or Severn is utterly insane and you clearly know nothing.

Public schools are better for the top students no argument. Private schools are better for the average students and some of the private schools who offer programs for students with learning problems. Yes many public school teachers are lazy, but they are the ones about to retire and start a second career at a private school.

If your kid is an outstanding scholar and sports aren’t a priority then the programs and classes at public school are much more challenging than any private school.

If your child is an average student or less than private may be the way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can certainly raise a kid well that goes to PS. But why expose them to all that uncivilized nonsense and rabble if you don't have to?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can certainly raise a kid well that goes to PS. But why expose them to all that uncivilized nonsense and rabble if you don't have to?

Boy, I hope that I don’t see your mom brag about you getting places I’ve seen other private schools moms around Baltimore brag about after sending you to 12 years at $25k and up- Susquehanna U (I mean no detest but really?), Salisbury, MaryWashington, Carolina, Elizabethtown et al. UMCP are very hard to get into for a white guy and they have excellent programs that put other schools to shame. Especially after seeing what science labs that prospective SLACs try to sell you in their spammy junk mails. My neighbor went on a college tour his mom put all over FB to privates/public’s and he only got into UMCP

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boy, I hope that I don’t see your mom brag about you getting places I’ve seen other private schools moms around Baltimore brag about after sending you to 12 years at $25k and up- Susquehanna U (I mean no detest but really?), Salisbury, MaryWashington, Carolina, Elizabethtown et al. UMCP are very hard to get into for a white guy and they have excellent programs that put other schools to shame. Especially after seeing what science labs that prospective SLACs try to sell you in their spammy junk mails. My neighbor went on a college tour his mom put all over FB to privates/public’s and he only got into UMCP

sending your child to private school is definitely providing a sheltered environment. private school doesn't guarantee a thing, my sons lax coach is a McDonough grad and he very much works a blue collar job

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Are you this much in real life, or just on anonymous forums? Who are you to judge why anyone picks a school?

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions:

LB and St Mary’s for the ‘ship.

McD and CH semi finalists.

Gilman and BL are the other playoff teams.

Dons win it all this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions:

LB and St Mary’s for the ‘ship.

McD and CH semi finalists.

Gilman and BL are the other playoff teams.

Dons win it all this year.

Spalding, CH, McD and LB are in final Four. With BL and Gilman getting in. then with a CH vs Spalding Championship game. Either can win it all. Tossup

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What makes Spalding the favorite? Seriously

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's break this down once again because clearly some people have not been paying attention.

1. Coach is a MLL player.

2. League's most elite dads.

3. Almost beat Broadneck in 2019

4. Rigorous off season training program.

5. So many scrimmages so far this year.

6. Elite staff of visiting coaches, consultants, tweeters, hashtag developers, dad photographers

7. Almost beat McDonogh in 2019.

8. Boys have been working hard.

9. Many posters on here have sons who were not asked to be part of the program or could not make the team

I could go on...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's break this down once again because clearly some people have not been paying attention.

6. Elite staff of visiting coaches, consultants, tweeters, hashtag developers, dad photographers

9. Many posters on here have sons who were not asked to be part of the program or could not make the team

I could go on...

1. MLL Coach (Max wins in a season 7) (ZERO MIAA Playoff berths).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Coach is a MLL player. He now has more time to devote to coaching because the MLL folded.

Fixed it for you. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could go on...

Let me continue, Elite attack unit finally coming into their own, team Chemistry that is off the charts, Defense that will be in top 3 , Depth at all positions, Coaching staff second to none, and of course the best for last, got rid of lack of talent players except to their dads posting here and many of those same untalented players were bad for team chemistry. Poor Dads still think their sons were shafted and are envious of Spaldings success and future success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could go on...

Please do!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could go on...

Let me continue, Elite attack unit finally coming into their own, team Chemistry that is off the charts, Defense that will be in top 3 , Depth at all positions, Coaching staff second to none, and of course the best for last, got rid of lack of talent players except to their dads posting here and many of those same untalented players were bad for team chemistry. Poor Dads still think their sons were shafted and are envious of Spaldings success and future success.

Elite Attack?

Last edited by JimSection1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uncivilized nonsense and rabble! What will Junior do when exposed to those from the wrong side of the tracks! Give me a break. The uncivilized nonsense and rabble at private school is just dressed up in a sweater with a little whale on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could go on...

“Envious of Spaldings success and future success”

When has spalding ever had success? Remind us all of their last playoff berth or championship please. Future success? Spalding put all of its eggs in one basket (22 class) and let’s see where that’s gotten them. Nowhere. Spalding has no future. Their coach isn’t good and has proven that repeatedly and they aren’t bringing in any good players. Spalding dads are so delusional it’s gonna be hilarious when they Laxx the bed this season. After reading these clowns posts you’d think Spalding is aiming for a three peat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
aiming for a three peat.

So if CH wins it this year, does it count as four in a row? laugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I could go on...

“Envious of Spaldings success and future success”

When has spalding ever had success? Remind us all of their last playoff berth or championship please. Future success? Spalding put all of its eggs in one basket (22 class) and let’s see where that’s gotten them. Nowhere. Spalding has no future. Their coach isn’t good and has proven that repeatedly and they aren’t bringing in any good players. Spalding dads are so delusional it’s gonna be hilarious when they Laxx the bed this season. After reading these clowns posts you’d think Spalding is aiming for a three peat.

Like clockwork the jealous come out to play. Still cant get over your son and his lack of ability. Blame you two, not Spalding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. And LB or STM is winning this year anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. And LB or STM is winning this year anyway.

STM and LB are both overrated,,And please not the old D1 commits. My prediction is CH, McD, LB/Gilman ,Spalding in final 4. Heard it here first.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard it here first.
Then it must be so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's hope McD can be consistent this year. I've been hearing about them for a few years now. And each time, they underperform. Their performance slump mid-end of the '19 season (last time we all played) was concerning. Still not sure if that was a talent, team personality, or coaching thing.
But it appears they have a ton of talent this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a reason it was only heard here. Only Spalding dads are saying it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's hope McD can be consistent this year. I've been hearing about them for a few years now. And each time, they underperform. Their performance slump mid-end of the '19 season (last time we all played) was concerning. Still not sure if that was a talent, team personality, or coaching thing.

Some Programs can adjust their way around/minimize weakness on their roster better than others. Let's agree over the past decade McD has been consistently above average to very good with one year where they were great. They recruit some of the best rising 9th grade talent and augment it with several crossover athletes from other sports. McD doesn't have many boys per class so they don't have a ton of room for development missteps, outbound transfers, injuries, etc. Hence their roster almost always has noticeable holes. In the A Conference, the top staffs only need one or two game films to uncover their opponent's Achilles Heel and exploit it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son playing at 2026 - what I have learned most in this forum more than anything is the pettiness and childlike behavior continues after middle school. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uncivilized nonsense and rabble! What will Junior do when exposed to those from the wrong side of the tracks! Give me a break. The uncivilized nonsense and rabble at private school is just dressed up in a sweater with a little whale on it.
This is accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some say they have the best coaching and some say...well, lets no go there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son playing at 2026 - what I have learned most in this forum more than anything is the pettiness and childlike behavior continues after middle school. SMH

Years of paying club and traveling up and down the east coast doesn't always pay off, especially if you're kid is at a MIAA school. HS is when it get's worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a team this year in the MIAA with a dominant fogo? Attack advantage is clearly Calvert H and defense is Loyola, but dont think there are any other positions that are dominated this year in the league. Gilman goalie maybe? Where are all the middies?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shocker. MIAA A teams playing B teams is funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What were the scores today in the MIAA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding about to get tested on Tuesday by Curley.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spalding beat SJC 11-9 yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

🍪

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Victory that will lead right into MIAA season.

Like Reply Quote
Page 109 of 333 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 332 333
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard