SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 180 of 185 1 2 178 179 180 181 182 184 185
#254451 - 01/11/18 06:03 PM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK. Think we beat that topic to death. Any new ones???

Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#254461 - 01/11/18 08:29 PM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous

agreed! I was told that Commack 2024 team poaches from other towns.

What a loser comment from a very jealous Nassau parent. If you're going to make crap up, can you put a little effort into it next time?? Need better material out of you. VERY lame.

Yes you're right the Commack coaches comb the island looking to poach players from other teams. lol. Where do you people come up with this stuff? Amazing how every good team gets bashed for being good and they must be cheating to do it. Maybe your team is just not that good. I heard that BBP has been pumping steroids into their boys since birth so they can dominate the 2024 PAL circuit. SWR... everyone knows those guys have been using HGH since they took the field at 5 years old. lol. PAL is for fun and for the boys to play with their friends, if you look at it any deeper than that you are an amateur at this game. Pal=Fun.... Travel = Competitive. Now grab a coffee and enjoy the ride because it doesn't last long.

My kid plays PAL, he has had many competitive games, has great coaches, gets to play for several months and like you said has fun in the process, especially being with his friends. On other hand my friend's kid plays on a club team, complains all the time about lack of competition or always playing the same competition and lack of fair play time. Plus it's an all year commitment. And surprisingly he is not having much fun. Calll me an amateur or whatever comment you want to use to mock my response and belittle the fun league( not taking it personal just rebutting your blanket statement) but I'll keep my kid in the fun league and use the thousands of dollars I'm saving for private instructions and clinics...and filling my cup up with DD while I watch him playing along side your boy in high school

Top Reply Quote
#254468 - 01/11/18 11:07 PM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a loser comment from a very jealous Nassau parent. If you're going to make crap up, can you put a little effort into it next time?? Need better material out of you. VERY lame.

Yes you're right the Commack coaches comb the island looking to poach players from other teams. lol. Where do you people come up with this stuff? Amazing how every good team gets bashed for being good and they must be cheating to do it. Maybe your team is just not that good. I heard that BBP has been pumping steroids into their boys since birth so they can dominate the 2024 PAL circuit. SWR... everyone knows those guys have been using HGH since they took the field at 5 years old. lol. PAL is for fun and for the boys to play with their friends, if you look at it any deeper than that you are an amateur at this game. Pal=Fun.... Travel = Competitive. Now grab a coffee and enjoy the ride because it doesn't last long.

My kid plays PAL, he has had many competitive games, has great coaches, gets to play for several months and like you said has fun in the process, especially being with his friends. On other hand my friend's kid plays on a club team, complains all the time about lack of competition or always playing the same competition and lack of fair play time. Plus it's an all year commitment. And surprisingly he is not having much fun. Calll me an amateur or whatever comment you want to use to mock my response and belittle the fun league( not taking it personal just rebutting your blanket statement) but I'll keep my kid in the fun league and use the thousands of dollars I'm saving for private instructions and clinics...and filling my cup up with DD while I watch him playing along side your boy in high school

<eye roll>

Top Reply Quote
#254484 - 01/12/18 09:13 AM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

<eye roll>

Sounds like your friends kid is not a Travel caliber player. So why would he be happy?

Top Reply Quote
#254487 - 01/12/18 09:35 AM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Solid Post... but Bayport, ESM, Commack all grab kids from neighboring towns to "compete" for "fun."

FACT. just sayin.....
and SWR needs to get with their drug rep because the HGH isn't working wink

Same lame-o, jealous guy. You think that is fact because this practice is absolutely common place in town lacrosse. We have all seen it. However, this is most common with really bad teams, for obvious reasons, or teams with short rosters that just need additional bodies for a particular tourney. There are teams with integrity out there, that win and lose with their town kids. But these teams don't lose, and they certainly don't need out of towners to beat bad '24 competition on LI. But keep on making excuses about why your kids team can't win any town games, if it makes you feel better.

I'm sure teams pick up kids for tourneys when they are short players but they don't do it to win tournaments. If that were the case they would just change their name to something else and enter. If they win great they won a PAL tournament, who cares. I've seen this with my 2021, it is getting to the point where the better players are widening the gap between the players who are borderline and the borderline dads\moms will say anything to keep the better players down and make themselves feel better. The days of being "faster" than all the other boys is slipping away. The sport at this age is favoring the player with IQ, stick skills, size, speed ,first step and overall tenacity to want to play the game. Face it, the sport is competitive especially on LI, you either have it or you don't. There is much more to this game than being the "fastest" or "biggest" kid on the field. Doesn't work anymore these boys aren't 3rd graders. Been there people, if you son isn't an overall player in these things he will struggle going forward, he doesn't have to been perfect in all of them but needs to be a force in a couple to hang.

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#254488 - 01/12/18 09:39 AM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

On an entirely different topic, what is everyone paying in club fees this year? 91 is charging $3300 not including additional winter training and tournaments. How about the rest?

Top Reply Quote
#254490 - 01/12/18 10:00 AM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

On an entirely different topic, what is everyone paying in club fees this year? 91 is charging $3300 not including additional winter training and tournaments. How about the rest?

These prices are crazy and we are even more crazy for paying them. My son is on Express B and its $2800 no winter included

Top Reply Quote
#254493 - 01/12/18 10:08 AM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

$1,900 for 5 tourneys, fall and spring training.

Top Reply Quote
#254501 - 01/12/18 11:18 AM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any LI teams playing in the NXT Box tournament in Feb?

Top Reply Quote
#254508 - 01/12/18 01:21 PM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looking at just the total price doesn't compare apples to apples, as some teams include extra tourneys, winter turf time and training in those numbers, while others you pay a la carte for all of the extra's. Suffice to say, travel has gone to a whole new level, price-wise. Tuition for 91 went up 57% in the past two years. Granted, they throw in some extra's to get to that price, including an extra sweatshirt, but +57% in two years is staggering. Makes you start thinking about getting off the travel lacrosse gravy train. You wonder why lacrosse is perceived as the prep school sport of the privileged?? It's because it still very much is.

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#254509 - 01/12/18 01:23 PM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Solid Post... but Bayport, ESM, Commack all grab kids from neighboring towns to "compete" for "fun."

FACT. just sayin.....
and SWR needs to get with their drug rep because the HGH isn't working wink

Same lame-o, jealous guy. You think that is fact because this practice is absolutely common place in town lacrosse. We have all seen it. However, this is most common with really bad teams, for obvious reasons, or teams with short rosters that just need additional bodies for a particular tourney. There are teams with integrity out there, that win and lose with their town kids. But these teams don't lose, and they certainly don't need out of towners to beat bad '24 competition on LI. But keep on making excuses about why your kids team can't win any town games, if it makes you feel better.

I'm sure teams pick up kids for tourneys when they are short players but they don't do it to win tournaments. If that were the case they would just change their name to something else and enter. If they win great they won a PAL tournament, who cares. I've seen this with my 2021, it is getting to the point where the better players are widening the gap between the players who are borderline and the borderline dads\moms will say anything to keep the better players down and make themselves feel better. The days of being "faster" than all the other boys is slipping away. The sport at this age is favoring the player with IQ, stick skills, size, speed ,first step and overall tenacity to want to play the game. Face it, the sport is competitive especially on LI, you either have it or you don't. There is much more to this game than being the "fastest" or "biggest" kid on the field. Doesn't work anymore these boys aren't 3rd graders. Been there people, if you son isn't an overall player in these things he will struggle going forward, he doesn't have to been perfect in all of them but needs to be a force in a couple to hang.

Great post. So true.

Top Reply Quote
#254517 - 01/12/18 03:02 PM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looking at just the total price doesn't compare apples to apples, as some teams include extra tourneys, winter turf time and training in those numbers, while others you pay a la carte for all of the extra's. Suffice to say, travel has gone to a whole new level, price-wise. Tuition for 91 went up 57% in the past two years. Granted, they throw in some extra's to get to that price, including an extra sweatshirt, but +57% in two years is staggering. Makes you start thinking about getting off the travel lacrosse gravy train. You wonder why lacrosse is perceived as the prep school sport of the privileged?? It's because it still very much is.

Which is exactly why I will not have my son play for a club program that includes a true "full year" program - I don't want:

* fall tourneys - my kids are busy playing football from Aug 1st to the end of Nov. with Saturday walk-throughs and Sunday games, along with travel practices every other week or so
* winter workouts are fine, but I prefer it to be extra and a la carte - my kids are playing basketball and/or wrestling, as well as having some weekends to maybe do something as a family. We'll make as many as we can, but, if not, then I don't feel like I paid for something I could not take advantage of.
* spring tourneys - my kids are busy enough with their PAL and school teams, along with the the ramping up of their travel practices as we move into April/May

In the end, I worry less about my kids getting burned out of lax, they are multi-sport athletes and better athletes as a result, and I am not paying as much, but getting more value for my money spent.

Top Reply Quote
#254529 - 01/12/18 05:52 PM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

<eye roll>

<Eye roll>. You must be looking at your lacrosse bill from your kids club team.

Top Reply Quote
#254552 - 01/13/18 08:44 AM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any news are what tournaments teams are playing at this spring / summer? Heard Elite 8 is now “Fantastic 12”

Top Reply Quote
#254558 - 01/13/18 10:10 AM Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

<eye roll>

<Eye roll>. You must be looking at your lacrosse bill from your kids club team.

Nope - just at you. If you think any student athlete will achieve at an equal level with the approach you're taking versus playing club, then there's really no sense in continuing this discussion, as you would be wrong 9 times out if 10. Congrats if your son is the 1, but, then he is an anamolie, and you just got lucky.

Top Reply Quote
Page 180 of 185 1 2 178 179 180 181 182 184 185
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
O2 Skyline Box Invitational
Christian Koehler Lacrosse Tournament
Harding Battle by the Bay
Harding Summer Sunset