BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 85 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 84 85
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2023 is very fortunate that 2024 Taz does not play up. Coaches choice. If they did, 2023, less the top 4, would be dominated by two 2024 teams. Hmmm. Maybe we should make that happen....

Unless your counting the town team taz lost to in a tournament this past summer at Mitchell field that would make 5 teams

What town team?

3 village

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 is very fortunate that 2024 Taz does not play up. Coaches choice. If they did, 2023, less the top 4, would be dominated by two 2024 teams. Hmmm. Maybe we should make that happen....

Unless your counting the town team taz lost to in a tournament this past summer at Mitchell field that would make 5 teams

What town team?

3 village

I'm not a Tazzie, but you need to have some knowledge of your [lacrosse] if you are going to be a good pot stirrer. Very weak effort here. Everyone knows that the 2024 3V team is horrible since their best players don't play on the town team. You're a very rookie pot stirrer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol, re-read the post. He is talking about 2023 3V...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town team?

3 village

I'm not a Tazzie, but you need to have some knowledge of your [lacrosse] if you are going to be a good pot stirrer. Very weak effort here. Everyone knows that the 2024 3V team is horrible since their best players don't play on the town team. You're a very rookie pot stirrer.

Not only are you not a tazzie you're not very good at following posts, learn how to read rookie, was never about 24!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey d-bag Daddy. Lets get something straight. This all started by you and other jealous daddy’s who felt threatened by a 2024 Team playing up against your older boys. I realize It doesn’t look good when your team loses to these little boys. So to make yourselves feel better about yourselves, you decide to attack our boys. A classic response to success, by losers. Let me tell you something insecure 2023 loser daddys. You poke this dog, you WILL get bitten. Badly.

Lol!!! That’s so awesome! Jealous??? Your team is a very good group that plays in a weak as [lacrosse] age group. There are only 4 good 2024 teams between LI and Md! 2023 is a powerhouse age group! We don’t need to play up to find competition... it’s all here. 5 very strong teams at least, and even the next tier provides excellent competition for them. Heck, even 3rd their teams are very skilled, as your little tiny boys found out last weekend. If you want to play up, stick to the weak New Hampshire, Upstate, And Connecticut town Team spring you chumps played at Yale. There’s not a single LI 2023 team that that your teeny tiny Wolf Pups could challenge. Saying you’re the best 2024 team is like bragging about being the tallest [lacrosse]! Lol!

Sorry but unless your rabil is on bandits igloo express or s2s you have nothing to say about 2023. Massive drop off as evidenced by these results. My suggestion would be to get him more training if you can afford it. [/quote]

Oh jeez - now we've brought out the, "if your son doesn't play on one of the top teams, they don't matter" [lacrosse]. These lax elitist asswipes are the other bane of the BOTC boards! [/quote]

Hey d-bag Daddy. Lets get something straight. This all started by you and other jealous daddy’s who felt threatened by a 2024 Team playing up against your older boys. I realize It doesn’t look good when your team loses to these little boys. So to make yourselves feel better about yourselves, you decide to attack our boys. A classic response to success, by losers. Let me tell you something insecure 2023 loser daddys. You poke this dog, you WILL get bitten. Badly.

Lol!!! That’s so awesome! Jealous??? Your team is a very good group that plays in a weak as [lacrosse] age group. There are only 4 good 2024 teams between LI and Md! 2023 is a powerhouse age group! We don’t need to play up to find competition... it’s all here. 5 very strong teams at least, and even the next tier provides excellent competition for them. Heck, even 3rd their teams are very skilled, as your little tiny boys found out last weekend. If you want to play up, stick to the weak New Hampshire, Upstate, And Connecticut town Team spring you chumps played at Yale. There’s not a single LI 2023 team that that your teeny tiny Wolf Pups could challenge. Saying you’re the best 2024 team is like bragging about being the tallest [lacrosse]! Lol!

Sorry but unless your rabil is on bandits igloo express or s2s you have nothing to say about 2023. Massive drop off as evidenced by these results. My suggestion would be to get him more training if you can afford it. [/quote]

Oh jeez - now we've brought out the, "if your son doesn't play on one of the top teams, they don't matter" [lacrosse]. These lax elitist asswipes are the other bane of the BOTC boards! [/quote] the top 4 2024 teams would bold well against the weak 2023 teams. Fact! The
reason there is more comp. in the 2023 division is because the teams are weaker. Let’s run with that for now.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws were missing 3 of their best players that day. You won the big game. Stop the silliness.

Here come the sorry excuses... two weeks later. Blah, blah, blah. What took you so long??

Coincidentally, WP was missing their best defenseman that day, and two other top players. Guess we are even then, huh??

Loser!

Ha ha ha ha. Classic Outlaw [lacrosse]. I'd love to see my boy beat your sorry a$$ again. Will you then call yourself "AA" when you lose again?

We’ll see who’s sorry when I slap you around like my little [lacrosse]. It was a fall tournament and we were missing players. Your attitude will change come next summer.

Outlaws(2023) always have excuses for both teams. Some of their other age groups have good teams(2024), but 2023? PB, a overhaul seems necessary for your 2023 age group and I'm not talking about the kids!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]What 2023 A teams did Wolfpack beat this year?[/q

Once again mistaking negativity for jealousy, talk of town is positive only in your eyes but you can keep up the front, it serves your purpose well. Humility is an obvious trait not shared by wp and Taz parents, beating teams a grade above is not some heroic feat as u would like us to believe especially in the world of lax holdbacks, two grades above maybe you have something. No matter what your kids success is on the field having you as a parent, they have already lost. Keep your self indulging we love the exposure comments coming since it's the only thing you and the other 20 or so parents have going for yourselves and it makes you feel important...

[/quote

Wow wow wow, once again still talking about our awesome boys and their dominating teams!! Being on one of the best teams in the nation brings with it lots of attention and jealousy as you can see. Now I know how the new England Patriots must feel . One day in the not so distant future when my kid is playing at a D1 ivy league college, maybe I'll leave some tickets at the gate for you to watch him play. But in the meantime keep up the conversation, I look forward to reading all your constructive commentary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven’t heard much about the SYAG team this year. I guess they finally gave up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SYAG IS DONE . all SSC NOW .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SYAG and Sachem Sports Club merged their lacrosse programs and 6th grade is the last year. After that the North & East Clubs take over. It hasn't been very successful in IMHO. But this is big step and the current league leaders are doing a great job of righting the ship and will fix the mistakes of the past.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SYAG and Sachem Sports Club merged their lacrosse programs and 6th grade is the last year. After that the North & East Clubs take over. It hasn't been very successful in IMHO. But this is big step and the current league leaders are doing a great job of righting the ship and will fix the mistakes of the past.

After all the arrogance, and chest pumping they are finally done! Many of those SYAG parents are now apart of different travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean for PAL? Same team, just under a different name?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean for PAL? Same team, just under a different name?

the 2 merged . Its all SSC now so Sachem Program will be one under the SSC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws were missing 3 of their best players that day. You won the big game. Stop the silliness.

Here come the sorry excuses... two weeks later. Blah, blah, blah. What took you so long??

Coincidentally, WP was missing their best defenseman that day, and two other top players. Guess we are even then, huh??

Loser!

Ha ha ha ha. Classic Outlaw [lacrosse]. I'd love to see my boy beat your sorry a$$ again. Will you then call yourself "AA" when you lose again?

We’ll see who’s sorry when I slap you around like my little [lacrosse]. It was a fall tournament and we were missing players. Your attitude will change come next summer.

Outlaws(2023) always have excuses for both teams. Some of their other age groups have good teams(2024), but 2023? PB, a overhaul seems necessary for your 2023 age group and I'm not talking about the kids!

Northstar just awoke from Thanksgiving day nap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loser!

Northstar just awoke from Thanksgiving day nap.

Stop... this post came out a few days ago. You're late to the game.. again. the sport has passed you by. You're history, like a dinosaur.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confused

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confused

so is the organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop... this post came out a few days ago. You're late to the game.. again. the sport has passed you by. You're history, like a dinosaur.[/quote]

How many cliches can you fit in 2-3 sentences. Didn’t realize that a sport changed that much in the 2days it takes to respond to a post. But, I’ll stop because you told me too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Posts getting boring, need PAL talk to get underway

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Posts getting boring, need PAL talk to get underway

I think Roslyn PAL is going to tear it up in the Spring!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone going to Brine (USSSA) on Sunday, keep in mind the time changed to 9-12 at Post. Might be a little chilly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for a good box training clinic, any suggestions who runs a good clinic?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son did box with F$G last year, very well run

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone going to Brine (USSSA) on Sunday, keep in mind the time changed to 9-12 at Post. Might be a little chilly.

What is the likelihood of them taking any 2023's? Last year I don't think they took any 2024's. Trying to decide if it is worth going to the tryout. Even if my kid did make it, it is a big time/money commitment- I am not sure I see the return on having to take a week off from work in the middle of the summer to pay for a crappy hotel to sit on a hot field in Delaware. Is it really worth it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the likelihood of them taking any 2023's? Last year I don't think they took any 2024's. Trying to decide if it is worth going to the tryout. Even if my kid did make it, it is a big time/money commitment- I am not sure I see the return on having to take a week off from work in the middle of the summer to pay for a crappy hotel to sit on a hot field in Delaware. Is it really worth it?

Do everyone a favor & stay home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to love the money making scheme these programs dream up. They are saying some areas will have a pride series games that will require an additional player fee

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't fix Stupid. WOW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to love the money making scheme these programs dream up. They are saying some areas will have a pride series games that will require an additional player fee

Like the All American Games.. 150 for tryouts and if you make it, another 675...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like the All American Games.. 150 for tryouts and if you make it, another 675...

Well worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

excellent tryout today. I think there were way more 22's. good luck to all who make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

excellent tryout today. I think there were way more 22's. good luck to all who make it.

Do you know if they are doing a 23 and 22 team or just one mixed team with mostly 22's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you know if they are doing a 23 and 22 team or just one mixed team with mostly 22's?

22 & 23 combined team. The format isn’t changing. The other teams being made for the different regions are all 22/23 so they won’t change it to accommodate one region. Most of the players taken when my oldest played we the top 22’s and the bigger of the 23’s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh so Quiet...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh so Quiet...

What would you like to talk about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5?

5. Kit Kat
4. Snickers
3. Almond Hersey Bar
2. Baby Ruth
1. Reese Buttter Cup Extra Crunchy

Just my thoughts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh so Quiet...

The liability will be couched in the use of a grade-base system - by virtue of using grades, USL, along with all of the other more direct parties, will have created an inherently unsafe and/or dangerous situation whereby players of disparate ages are playing against each other in a full contact sport. Further, despite USL age guidelines, there is no attempt to govern these guidelines, and any players who are more than one year above age for their grade are already in violation of the guidelines. And from practical application, no one (!) at any level attempts to validate even players' grade levels - not teams, not tournaments, not the USL. There are players playing down 2 years from their 'normal on-age' level based upon the proclamation that they "intend to" do a PG year![/quote]

As to liability issues, assumption of risk is part of the analysis. At present, parents are putting their kids on the field while having no idea how old (or young) their opponents are. So it would be hard to defend these claims with an assumption of the risk defense. There is never any disclosure as to the age of the opponents or those participating in an event. Moreover, as has already been mentioned, no one in travel lacrosse - not clubs, not tournaments - requests verification of grade or age. This appears to be negligent in and of itself. No one exchanges rosters. There are no game sheets. Youth lacrosse tournaments are completely lawless and quite seriously unlike any other youth sporting event I have ever known.

Moreover, the toxic environments on sidelines negatively affects parent's prospective of the legitimacy and transparency of the competition. Everyone just assumes that a big, fast and skilled kid must be years older, when sometimes he really isn't.

Something is wrong with a sport when teams are supposed to be at the same level, grade-wise, but almost to a man one team is bigger than the other. This NEVER happens in age based sports. You can travel up and down the east coast with your kid playing soccer, hockey and baseball, and teams from every state will have basically the same average size as every other team. Some teams will have some freakishly big kids, but its balanced out by the small kids on the team. And everyone is fine with the freakishly big kid because they know his birth certificate is on file with the national (or state) organization, his name is on the roster submitted to same, and it would be easy to determine if cheating were involved.

Youth sports certainly has a win-at-all-costs side to it, but you would be surprised at how little cheating really occurs when everyone has confidence that the rules are being followed by everyone and that there are controls in place making it likely that cheaters will be caught. Stated differently, coaches and parents that cheat in youth sports in issues of eligibility really don't want to do it. They just think they have to in order to balance out cheating done by others. Left confident that no one else cheats, coaches and parents rarely do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5?

5. Kit Kat
4. Snickers
3. Almond Hersey Bar
2. Baby Ruth
1. Reese Buttter Cup Extra Crunchy

Just my thoughts.

I totally disagree with this post. First Kit Kat is too many pieces that means you get very little field time. That Kit is the A team but the Kat is not worth it and does not stand up to AAA level. The "Snickers" is led by parents that use too many red cups. Almond Hershey was good 10 years ago but they are only riding on reputation and brand they are now very under-rated and average for 2023 class. Baby Ruth is all name recognition and over priced very little development and need I mention the Caddy Shack event? The Reese PB cup is a solid team but how do you think they get the "Crunchy?" They rely on holdbacks some are 16 already and why did they not sign up for the world series of candy this summer? I am do not have a dog in this fight but Twix has some exiting new things on the horizon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh so Quiet...

The liability will be couched in the use of a grade-base system - by virtue of using grades, USL, along with all of the other more direct parties, will have created an inherently unsafe and/or dangerous situation whereby players of disparate ages are playing against each other in a full contact sport. Further, despite USL age guidelines, there is no attempt to govern these guidelines, and any players who are more than one year above age for their grade are already in violation of the guidelines. And from practical application, no one (!) at any level attempts to validate even players' grade levels - not teams, not tournaments, not the USL. There are players playing down 2 years from their 'normal on-age' level based upon the proclamation that they "intend to" do a PG year!

As to liability issues, assumption of risk is part of the analysis. At present, parents are putting their kids on the field while having no idea how old (or young) their opponents are. So it would be hard to defend these claims with an assumption of the risk defense. There is never any disclosure as to the age of the opponents or those participating in an event. Moreover, as has already been mentioned, no one in travel lacrosse - not clubs, not tournaments - requests verification of grade or age. This appears to be negligent in and of itself. No one exchanges rosters. There are no game sheets. Youth lacrosse tournaments are completely lawless and quite seriously unlike any other youth sporting event I have ever known.

Moreover, the toxic environments on sidelines negatively affects parent's prospective of the legitimacy and transparency of the competition. Everyone just assumes that a big, fast and skilled kid must be years older, when sometimes he really isn't.

Something is wrong with a sport when teams are supposed to be at the same level, grade-wise, but almost to a man one team is bigger than the other. This NEVER happens in age based sports. You can travel up and down the east coast with your kid playing soccer, hockey and baseball, and teams from every state will have basically the same average size as every other team. Some teams will have some freakishly big kids, but its balanced out by the small kids on the team. And everyone is fine with the freakishly big kid because they know his birth certificate is on file with the national (or state) organization, his name is on the roster submitted to same, and it would be easy to determine if cheating were involved.

Youth sports certainly has a win-at-all-costs side to it, but you would be surprised at how little cheating really occurs when everyone has confidence that the rules are being followed by everyone and that there are controls in place making it likely that cheaters will be caught. Stated differently, coaches and parents that cheat in youth sports in issues of eligibility really don't want to do it. They just think they have to in order to balance out cheating done by others. Left confident that no one else cheats, coaches and parents rarely do.[/quote]

Yawn...... no one cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh so Quiet...

The liability will be couched in the use of a grade-base system - by virtue of using grades, USL, along with all of the other more direct parties, will have created an inherently unsafe and/or dangerous situation whereby players of disparate ages are playing against each other in a full contact sport. Further, despite USL age guidelines, there is no attempt to govern these guidelines, and any players who are more than one year above age for their grade are already in violation of the guidelines. And from practical application, no one (!) at any level attempts to validate even players' grade levels - not teams, not tournaments, not the USL. There are players playing down 2 years from their 'normal on-age' level based upon the proclamation that they "intend to" do a PG year!

Youth sports certainly has a win-at-all-costs side to it, but you would be surprised at how little cheating really occurs when everyone has confidence that the rules are being followed by everyone and that there are controls in place making it likely that cheaters will be caught. Stated differently, coaches and parents that cheat in youth sports in issues of eligibility really don't want to do it. They just think they have to in order to balance out cheating done by others. Left confident that no one else cheats, coaches and parents rarely do.

Yawn...... no one cares.
[/quote]

The problem is that there is no enforcement because there is not incentive for that enforcement. If USL would not allow players on the national teams or such if they played in tournaments or leagues that are non-sanctioned and there was a desire to play on these teams, then there could be enforcement. They could require cards with birth year and current grade, backed up with transcript, or just move it to birth year teams like hockey and soccer.

Page 51 of 85 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 84 85

Link Copied to Clipboard