BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 91 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 90 91
Re: Boys 2024 5th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keenan plays the best kids more often, Aiello plays his favorite kids most.
Otherwise the 2 teams are very evenly matched.
In my opinion WP would be better with a different coach, who son isn't a player on the team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Isn't Keenen a owner?
no, Kutttin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't Keenen a owner?
no, Kutttin

aka Keenan's daddy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion WP would be better with a different coach, who son isn't a player on the team

JA plays everyone, that's the difference between the 2 teams and also why it comes down to 1 goal 5x in a row.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keenan is an owner

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the excuses. TAZ beat WP five times in a row. They are the better team. Much happier with overall experience and coaching as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand the thoughts against "dad" coaches, if the dad is not qualified for the job. If the father has the needed experience and qualifications, then fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JA plays everyone, that's the difference between the 2 teams and also why it comes down to 1 goal 5x in a row.

Every WP kid played

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One brighter note, and should be first and foremost.
the Long Island teams went undefeated against MD, and it was a good competetive day of lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz beat WP.....again..... think that is 5 in a row.

Wow . . . How many times in a row has Madlax beaten Taz? If it is not 5, it is getting close.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that why kids just quit? To much playing time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the Long Island teams went undefeated against MD, and it was a good competitive day of lacrosse

Way to go WP and Taz, way to represent boys. Congrats to all of the Long Island kids and coaches on a great weekend of lacrosse!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that why kids just quit? To much playing time

Keenan recruits from all over the tristate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How'd Bethesda and team 91 MD look?

So who played who this weekend? Were Hawks or Madlax there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the excuses. TAZ beat WP five times in a row. They are the better team. Much happier with overall experience and coaching as well.

1 goal games and this guys chest pounding. Gotta love it. Please tell me this is a mom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets get into it. First I am a parent of another team that played both these teams today. Second I don't care about either team or for LI lacrosse for that matter. Third if you are talking about this game then you better know what your talking about. After reading for months on here the madness I had to see it for myself. Todays game ended with Legacy winning on some ridiculous bad bounce goal that gave them a 1 goal win. Wasn't the winning goal but turned out to be the difference. That's not the point, the difference between the 2 teams is easy to spot. The Taz runs more of an open set offense. This allows there better players to facilitate plays on their own. Dodging, cutting creating opportunities. One on Ones so an individual player can create something. The WP runs play after play. Every time they had the ball a play was called. The Taz started picking up on this and adjusted. The 91 team did not give there better players a chance to create something. Every time they could have went one on one and cleared out for something to happen they called a play. Sometimes coaches at this age need to let the boys play lacrosse and drop the play calling for a while. These boys will lose the love for the game if they are never allowed to shine on their own. On the Taz end their boys play off getting hurt a lot, I'm not saying you don't get hurt I get it I have 4 boys that played football and lacrosse but these boys went down a lot only to pop back up after killing some time. I saw it 2 or 3 times during our game. One boy went down and thankfully he got back up I never want to see any young athlete get hurt. This is my opinion and no one has to agree and I will not be given my 2 cents ever again, but after all the talking on here both teams are highly talented and very impressive. Coaches are as good as I ever been around. My background played in mid 80s so I know a little about the sport and currently have a son gunning for a spot on a local college team here. Not a pro at the sport but know enough to understand what I see. Good luck to all and it was a great day even if we didn't walk away fully successful.

This is spot on. When the WP played open set they were very hard to beat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the Long Island teams went undefeated against MD, and it was a good competitive day of lacrosse

Way to go WP and Taz, way to represent boys. Congrats to all of the Long Island kids and coaches on a great weekend of lacrosse!

Exactly. That is how it should be but instead of CONGRATULATING both 10 YEAR OLD LONG ISLAND TEAMS who most of the boys either go to school together or are friends with each other as well as the parents, you will have fake propaganda like posts by lunatics who have so much hate its alarming. disgusting. Is this all that you have in your life? Go hug your kid and move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets get into it. First I am a parent of another team that played both these teams today. Second I don't care about either team or for LI lacrosse for that matter. Third if you are talking about this game then you better know what your talking about. After reading for months on here the madness I had to see it for myself. Todays game ended with Legacy winning on some ridiculous bad bounce goal that gave them a 1 goal win. Wasn't the winning goal but turned out to be the difference. That's not the point, the difference between the 2 teams is easy to spot. The Taz runs more of an open set offense. This allows there better players to facilitate plays on their own. Dodging, cutting creating opportunities. One on Ones so an individual player can create something. The WP runs play after play. Every time they had the ball a play was called. The Taz started picking up on this and adjusted. The 91 team did not give there better players a chance to create something. Every time they could have went one on one and cleared out for something to happen they called a play. Sometimes coaches at this age need to let the boys play lacrosse and drop the play calling for a while. These boys will lose the love for the game if they are never allowed to shine on their own. On the Taz end their boys play off getting hurt a lot, I'm not saying you don't get hurt I get it I have 4 boys that played football and lacrosse but these boys went down a lot only to pop back up after killing some time. I saw it 2 or 3 times during our game. One boy went down and thankfully he got back up I never want to see any young athlete get hurt. This is my opinion and no one has to agree and I will not be given my 2 cents ever again, but after all the talking on here both teams are highly talented and very impressive. Coaches are as good as I ever been around. My background played in mid 80s so I know a little about the sport and currently have a son gunning for a spot on a local college team here. Not a pro at the sport but know enough to understand what I see. Good luck to all and it was a great day even if we didn't walk away fully successful.

This is spot on, if the guy new what he was talking about. Taz runs a 1-3-2 motion. Never runs an open set. Go back to Lacrosse School. You need extra help!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sport is being played by bigger, stronger athletes. Can a small fast player make it? Yes but they are far and few between and are rarely seen anymore. They also need to be a ridiculous player. 6'1 210-225 is an average size for a lax player at the higher levels. Not hard to look this up, check out any college roster and you will see the #s

How big is Jordan Wolfe and Rob Pannell?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sport is being played by bigger, stronger athletes. Can a small fast player make it? Yes but they are far and few between and are rarely seen anymore. They also need to be a ridiculous player. 6'1 210-225 is an average size for a lax player at the higher levels. Not hard to look this up, check out any college roster and you will see the #s

Right, and those are the smaller, faster, ridiculous type players the poster is talking about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kavenaugh 5'7", Sankey 5'5", Baptiste 5'9", Wolfe 5'9", Plenty more. The all the rosters have a bunch of kids 5'9" or under, some are major contributors. They also have kids over 6'2" that don't do crap. Pannell is 5'10"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not nearly as big as the other 95% of the players..Making his point exactly...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sport is changing. Just look at last year's Tewaaraton finalists. Still had Cannizzaro (5-9, 175), but the other four were Jones (6-5, 240), Landis (6-2, 195), Molloy (6-0, 220), and Reeves (6-2, 205).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How pathetic is the TAZ dad posting videos of his son with him screaming like a crazy also pretty sad how they need to get a kid from Connecticut. He is the perfect fit for the TAZ parents NUTS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is spot on, if the guy new what he was talking about. Taz runs a 1-3-2 motion. Never runs an open set. Go back to Lacrosse School. You need extra help!!

I think what he meant was not every possession for Legacy was a set play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sport is changing. Just look at last year's Tewaaraton finalists. Still had Cannizzaro (5-9, 175), but the other four were Jones (6-5, 240), Landis (6-2, 195), Molloy (6-0, 220), and Reeves (6-2, 205).

Um, how tall is Paul Rabil?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How pathetic is the TAZ dad posting videos of his son with him screaming like a crazy also pretty sad how they need to get a kid from Connecticut. He is the perfect fit for the TAZ parents NUTS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true, kids are bigger and stronger, but also much faster. 6'1 , 220 pounds is great, but if that kid (high school/college) dosent have speed, it is real hard to compete at a high level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Average height and weight of the top 5 MLL scoring leaders all season was 5 '10 and 200'pounds. Only Tom Schreiber was over 6 ft. Rice, Pannell, Holmann and Wolfe were the others.

Taz and WP have great coaching. Taz kids have the edge because of they have their own training center and those kids are working.

Dukes can get kids from all over east coast and they are not as good as Taz nor is the coaching anywhere near what Keenan is. Will be more people traveling to play for him in the future

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true, kids are bigger and stronger, but also much faster. 6'1 , 220 pounds is great, but if that kid (high school/college) dosent have speed, it is real hard to compete at a high level.
you can work harder and increase your speed. You can't do anything about how tall you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL where were they posted. Would love to see them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6-1
or 6'4" but whos counting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you can work harder and increase your speed. You can't do anything about how tall you are.
Voice of reason...well done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can work on speed and that will help, no doubt about it. It won't make a slow kid fast, a little less slow yes. The best players are the quickest and fastest players. Stick skills can be practiced, but at the end of the day a fast kid with a great stick will always beat out a big slower kid with a great stick. I took my son to high school, college and MLL games last year. I'm just shocked how fast these kids were.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Voice of reason...well done

OMG...There are bigger players and smaller players. Enough with this stupid back and forth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can work on speed and that will help, no doubt about it. It won't make a slow kid fast, a little less slow yes. The best players are the quickest and fastest players. Stick skills can be practiced, but at the end of the day a fast kid with a great stick will always beat out a big slower kid with a great stick. I took my son to high school, college and MLL games last year. I'm just shocked how fast these kids were.

And let me guess you are 5ft 8in and your son is tiny and fast? Fast is definitely key but I don't care how fast you are it is definitely harder to get past the big boys who are still fast but maybe not speedy. If you are small and not strong you can't get past them. You need both. And YES you can work on speed!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or apparently how stupid your are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know of a good winter box program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are back to the size debate here again? Why is it that this age group is so hung up on size or the lack thereof? Physics don't lie but I swear some mommies on here will try to convince you that smaller somehow better. Just admit that bigger is always better in a contact sport and move on.

Page 25 of 91 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 90 91

Link Copied to Clipboard