BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 102 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SST is a town team program and did well. They do have players who are on other travel teams that participate when they are able. I think this is a good way to keep your stick in your hand and pay as you go. 11/12 years old is 11/12 years old. Kudos for them.

So it's ok for them to invite different players each tournament to try and win. But god forbid a club teams does that and everyone screams.
Travel tourneys yes but they cannot be considered a town team as they reach well beyond Bellmore/Merrick. The only reason they even exist is to pump the daddy coaches ego. He brings in some HB's and his son is able to get a tee shirt every once in a while.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you people even defending yourselves? You can do whatever you want and you don't have to answer to anyone. In general people have to much to say about what others are doing. Ignore the nonsense that other people post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you have more of an issue with the "dad coach" then the bloated roster. My son played on this team last year and is on the team again this year, and you are right there are some players that might be better then some on the top team. You are also right that this is the second Express team at this age group. What I can tell you is that there is a noticeable difference in this team since the addition of the dad coach you speak of. My son is much more excited to go to practice, and he feels that he is learning more then ever before. Even though they lost all three of their games this past weekend, they were very competitive against 91 and Legacy. Last year they would have done much worse. As far as him recruiting players to this team, that is not true. I have spoken to many of the fathers of the boys that came over from the organization where this dad and his son used to be, and they tried out for multiple teams, but chose to come to the Express because of the positive experience they had with this coach in the past. I guess a lot of these boys play together in the off seasons, and that had a part to play on where they landed. Remember they are still eleven year old kids, that like to play and hang out with their buddies. Hopefully they will trim back the roster, but I think these coaches will get the most out of these boys, make them a high level B or even an A team, and if their having fun, as a parent it will have been time and money well spent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to the boys playing this weekend. Should be a great couple of days!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you have more of an issue with the "dad coach" then the bloated roster. My son played on this team last year and is on the team again this year, and you are right there are some players that might be better then some on the top team. You are also right that this is the second Express team at this age group. What I can tell you is that there is a noticeable difference in this team since the addition of the dad coach you speak of. My son is much more excited to go to practice, and he feels that he is learning more then ever before. Even though they lost all three of their games this past weekend, they were very competitive against 91 and Legacy. Last year they would have done much worse. As far as him recruiting players to this team, that is not true. I have spoken to many of the fathers of the boys that came over from the organization where this dad and his son used to be, and they tried out for multiple teams, but chose to come to the Express because of the positive experience they had with this coach in the past. I guess a lot of these boys play together in the off seasons, and that had a part to play on where they landed. Remember they are still eleven year old kids, that like to play and hang out with their buddies. Hopefully they will trim back the roster, but I think these coaches will get the most out of these boys, make them a high level B or even an A team, and if their having fun, as a parent it will have been time and money well spent.

Well said. Best of luck to you and your boys

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SST is a town team program and did well. They do have players who are on other travel teams that participate when they are able. I think this is a good way to keep your stick in your hand and pay as you go. 11/12 years old is 11/12 years old. Kudos for them.

So it's ok for them to invite different players each tournament to try and win. But god forbid a club teams does that and everyone screams.

Words are important and reading is fundamental. They are a pick up team with maybe a core set but they only play when the kids are not playing for their main travel team so you won't see them at every tournament.
Now read slowly so you can understand. They don't make you commit after the first tryout and pay essentially locking you in. They don't bump anyone from the team to bring in a super star just to win that tournament.

No kid on the team but figured you did not read the words carefully.

They never hold tryouts, the core of the team is the coach's kids and their friends. They invite players as they go along, and they do bump players when they have too many for a particular tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Shore 2 Shore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. 91 Bandits
2. Igloo
3. 91 Warriors
4. S2S
5. Express
6. 91 Wolfpack
7. Empire Green
8. Legacy Tornados
9. South Shore Thunder
10. Anyone's guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there any good tourneys this past weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Halloween Havoc. Express B won the B division. Express White lost all their games. The other teams in the bracket I am not very familiar with and they weren't very good. Warriors and Wolfpack tied for the Championship in the A division. Warriors need to step it up. Tying with a 2024 team isn't good.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]1. 91 Bandits
2. Igloo
3. 91 Warriors
4. S2S
5. Express
6. 91 Wolfpack
7. Empire Green
8. Legacy Tornados
9. South Shore Thunder
10. Anyone's guess [/quote

Take the Warriors put of the #3 spot a D put them in the 7 spots- until they play real competition they will always be the 91 B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Halloween Havoc. Express B won the B division. Express White lost all their games. The other teams in the bracket I am not very familiar with and they weren't very good. Warriors and Wolfpack tied for the Championship in the A division. Warriors need to step it up. Tying with a 2024 team isn't good.

Lol...they didn't actually play the final, just declared it a 1-1 tie and went home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you sir, for posting the top 10 6th grade Travel Lax programs for us. I know I will sleep better at night... This whole thread is embarrassing...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

quote=Anonymous]1. 91 Bandits
2. Igloo
3. 91 Warriors
4. S2S
5. Express
6. 91 Wolfpack
7. Empire Green
8. [****] Tornados
9. South Shore Thunder
10. Anyone's guess [/quote

Take the Warriors put of the #3 spot a D put them in the 7 spots- until they play real competition they will always be the 91 B team.

ANOTHER GENIUS, AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's fall lacrosse.

It doesn't matter for 6+more months

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. 91 Bandits
2. Igloo
3. 91 Warriors
4. S2S
5. Express
6. 91 Wolfpack
7. Empire Green
8. Legacy Tornados
9. South Shore Thunder
10. Anyone's guess

This is so dumb on so many levels. First, Bandits havent played any 2023 teams yet but lost to a 2022 town team twice. Wolfpack is a very good 2024 team, but get them out because you're ranking 2023's so they don't belong. Igloo hasn't played yet. Express hasn't played yet. S2S hasn't played yet. Empire hasn't played yet. The only teams on your stupid list that have even played each other are Warriors, Tornados and South Shore Thunder. Even after Blatant, rankings won't matter because it's fall. Teams like the Bandits have only practiced 4 times. Give it till summer and see how they rank after the spring tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A. You're a tool
B. They didn't play the Championship. 91 had them share it
C. Warriors are legit and will only get better
D. Wolfpack is a solid 2024 team that can compete with most 2023 teams
E. You're a tool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A. You're a tool
B. They didn't play the Championship. 91 had them share it
C. Warriors are legit and will only get better
D. Wolfpack is a solid 2024 team that can compete with most 2023 teams
E. You're a tool

Rankings in October... you gotta love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. 91 Bandits
2. Igloo
3. 91 Warriors
4. S2S
5. Express
6. 91 Wolfpack
7. Empire Green
8. Legacy Tornados
9. South Shore Thunder
10. Anyone's guess

This is so dumb on so many levels. First, Bandits havent played any 2023 teams yet but lost to a 2022 town team twice. Wolfpack is a very good 2024 team, but get them out because you're ranking 2023's so they don't belong. Igloo hasn't played yet. Express hasn't played yet. S2S hasn't played yet. Empire hasn't played yet. The only teams on your stupid list that have even played each other are Warriors, Tornados and South Shore Thunder. Even after Blatant, rankings won't matter because it's fall. Teams like the Bandits have only practiced 4 times. Give it till summer and see how they rank after the spring tourneys.

Bandits have been practicing twice a week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn't tie you dope, they didn't play. Co-winners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits have NOT played so when exactly did they lose to a town team ?!?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits haven't played any games they are practicing now thats it. So this is false . This is a warrior parent very excited that they have won a few C tournaments and think they can beat everyone now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's fall lacrosse.

It doesn't matter for 6+more months

Is actually never matters!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits haven't played any games they are practicing now thats it. So this is false . This is a warrior parent very excited that they have won a few C tournaments and think they can beat everyone now.

I may be a Warrior parent, but next year I will be a Bandit parent of a player who took your sons spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pathetic that 91 dictates Co-Champs. Two teams enter to compete, they should br prepared to win/lose. What lessons are you teaching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warriors would mangle their younger step brothers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Co winners? Why didn't they just play the game?

They didn't tie you dope, they didn't play. Co-winners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pathetic that 91 dictates Co-Champs. Two teams enter to compete, they should br prepared to win/lose. What lessons are you teaching?

Coming from a 2023 team outside of this orgabization, I think it's a great lesson. One that is unfortunatly above your understanding of fairness and competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I may be a Warrior parent, but next year I will be a Bandit parent of a player who took your sons spot.

That comment is gross. And false.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even close. Warrior parents know where they stand among all of this nonsense. I promise you that no Warrior parent is posting this garbage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coming from a 2023 team outside of this orgabization, I think it's a great lesson. One that is unfortunatly above your understanding of fairness and competition.

What a joke. Fairness and good sportsmanship are two qualities that many would not characterize with 91. Ask almost any team, player, coach, parent, from the northeast region who has competed against a 91 team in recent years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Mass exodus from Express has begun, Dads clocking their child's playing time because of 28 kids on the roster causing big problems.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Mass exodus from Express has begun, Dads clocking their child's playing time because of 28 kids on the roster causing big problems.

Whatever that plan was, it was a plan for failure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not PAL. The stronger kids on Express play a lot more. A bit early to worry though. The bottom of the roster will play less at Express and everywhere else. Don't fool yourself into thinking it's different at Express. The extra 4-5 kids doesn't change the dynamic that much. Stronger kids play more. Period. If you want equal playing time stick with PAL. You are paying for instruction. Enjoy the practices and worry about playing time in the Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious, what are the numbers for Express A?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not PAL. The stronger kids on Express play a lot more. A bit early to worry though. The bottom of the roster will play less at Express and everywhere else. Don't fool yourself into thinking it's different at Express. The extra 4-5 kids doesn't change the dynamic that much. Stronger kids play more. Period. If you want equal playing time stick with PAL. You are paying for instruction. Enjoy the practices and worry about playing time in the Spring.

That all good and dandy. But 28 kids is way too many. At 23 some kids don't play to much and that is expected on travel clubs. The five extra are just to line their pockets with no intention to play them. That's what's wrong with this picture. Did they tell parents they were taking 28 and a bunch of kids won't ever see the field. Probably not because they would never have accepted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total BS. The kids that play here are the favored ones. Leave and you will see. Your kid was good enough to make the team in the first place--RIGHT? So, why isn't he good enough to get playing time? The Dad coaches kids play a ton. Last year, certain kids never left the field. I know. My kid was one of them. The team would be losing 7 8 9 to zero and some kids would be left on the bench. It kills your kids confidence. Horrible for them in general.

If you feel like your kid is getting the raw end of the deal on this team, either suck it up and stay, or go elsewhere. There are now plenty of other options out there. Express A teams are all really good and get a ton of support from the organization. But, everyone else--not so much.

Btw, all clubs are like this. Maybe, Team Novanta Uno has decent 2nd teams that get good support etc. But, at every place else, the 2nd team is the 2nd team. FACT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a bad situation and a Dad coach makes it hard to manage. The parents of the new group of boys are not making this teams problems any better. Benching an 11 YO but taking his parents money is no way to run an organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the statement of an extra 4-5 kids is pretty accurate; however, when that equates to a 20%-25% increase in roster size, it seems kind of extreme. My son played Express Hedstrom at Columbus Day. I thought they were a very competitive team. They were in every game. But there just doesn't seem to be enough time to go around. Considerering starters will eat more minutes than non-starters, some of those kids are really going to suffer on the bench. 2 shifts at attack and defense, 2 goalies and 3 middie lines still leaves too many kids hanging. You just don't need that many kids. It's a poor business model that can't possibly equate to more income long term.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last years bait was telling the children "If anybody asks who you play for tell them the other Express A team" That speaks Volumes...

Page 27 of 102 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard