BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts390,247
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 258 of 327 1 2 256 257 258 259 260 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it happens everywhere except that SB is top 10 and Hofstra is 70 Also noticed a HU starter transferred to SB ND lost a transfer as well that was a solid contributor. Every year players transfer for better or worse

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes it happens everywhere except that SB is top 10 and Hofstra is 70 Also noticed a HU starter transferred to SB ND lost a transfer as well that was a solid contributor. Every year players transfer for better or worse

Agreed. It happens EVERYWHERE, every year. But for some reason, there are people who have made it their life's mission to slam HU about things that happen everywhere. I just wanted to point out that it is common. It happens at U of MD, UNC, Stanford, Oregon, etc. I'm not sure why some people make it a big deal when it happens at Hofstra. Maybe they're very insecure?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. It happens EVERYWHERE, every year. But for some reason, there are people who have made it their life's mission to slam HU about things that happen everywhere. I just wanted to point out that it is common. It happens at U of MD, UNC, Stanford, Oregon, etc. I'm not sure why some people make it a big deal when it happens at Hofstra. Maybe they're very insecure?

It's a West Hampton thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For kids majoring in lacrosse if they cant get on the field, they transfer. Happens all the time. Adelphi has a ton of national championships using inbound transfers, same with Post

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stony Brook is not top ten, and never will be. Its Wanna bee land! You go there because it's cheap. Most boring place on Earth, and they will always lose when it counts. But you already knew that, didn't you? Go ahead try to prove me wrong!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the reason all the YJ/SB people have an issue with Hofstra is because it's private, the kids are generally more affluent, etc than the SB kids? HU is not in the greatest of areas but it at least is not a s#@t hole or boring. And, yes...top 10 wanna be but always come up short.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stony Brook is not top ten, and never will be. Its Wanna bee land! You go there because it's cheap. Most boring place on Earth, and they will always lose when it counts. But you already knew that, didn't you? Go ahead try to prove me wrong!

Umm hate to be the bearer of bad news or allow facts to get in the way of your story but look at EVERY Final poll from last year. Soooooooo what next I believe top 10 is anywhere between 1-10. So my friend you are Proven Wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a SB guy but they finished in top 10 last year. They will also be ranked pre season top 10

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm hate to be the bearer of bad news or allow facts to get in the way of your story but look at EVERY Final poll from last year. Soooooooo what next I believe top 10 is anywhere between 1-10. So my friend you are Proven Wrong

Hahaha, they will choke again this year. Overrated!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just went back and looked winning a game in NCAA tournament and losing by 1 to final 4 Syracuse 7-6 Did Hofstra make the CAA tournament ? Regardless I've always felt this type of banter is more YJ TG driven

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a West Hampton thing[/quote]

If you are going to keep this joke going please get with the program dude. It is Westhampton not West Hampton.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a West Hampton thing

If you are going to keep this joke going please get with the program dude. It is Westhampton not West Hampton. [/quote]

It is being spelled incorrectly on purpose!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Westhampton explain

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a YJ parent and I do not understand the smack talk against Hofstra. As a local Long Islander wouldn't you want our local schools to be successful. I hope that Adelphi, Post, Stony Brook, Hofstra, St. Joe's, Molly, etc. all have successful programs and success year in and year out.

Why would you root against a local program and local girl and cheer their struggles? Because of your affiliation to a rival girls youth lacrosse program... time to get a grip.

GO HOFSTRA! GO SEAWOLVES! GO POST! GO ADELPHI! GO ST. JOE'S!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ girls go to StonyBrook, M&D girls go to Maryland. In terms of YJ/M&D SB/MD, there is no comparison with respect to talent, coaching and success on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ girls go to StonyBrook, M&D girls go to Maryland. In terms of YJ/M&D SB/MD, there is no comparison with respect to talent, coaching and success on the field.

M&D indeed does send its top players to UMD . YJ never sends its top players to SB. No knock on SB ,LI girls go away to school very few of the top players choose to stay home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a YJ TG issue not a LI college issue! Good luck to all LI college teams this fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a YJ parent and I do not understand the smack talk against Hofstra. As a local Long Islander wouldn't you want our local schools to be successful. I hope that Adelphi, Post, Stony Brook, Hofstra, St. Joe's, Molly, etc. all have successful programs and success year in and year out.

Why would you root against a local program and local girl and cheer their struggles? Because of your affiliation to a rival girls youth lacrosse program... time to get a grip.

Very good response. But, I will add that I think some of the smack talk against Hofstra by YJ folks comes from the Queen Bee herself. Maybe not literally, but sort of by her demeanor. Her method is to put others down to benefit her own brand. That attitude permeates through the club and the next thing you know, everyone of the parents has joined in. And, they couldn't fathom if one of their little bees went to Hofstra. Oh my God!!! It's really a childish and immature attitude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I too small YJ parent and couldn't agree more. I have had daughters play for other clubs as well and guess what the parents and kids were great just like they are at YJ. My daughters always played where there friends were going. It made things easy for car pooling and heading away on the weekends. Take an extra girl this week and they would grab mine the next. They went on to play in college and did very well. The friends they made lasted all through college and that's really what this is all about. When they get to college do you really believe anyone cares where you played . Soak it all up
As it goes by way to fast Ihave one left and she is having a ball at YJ this works for our family buy it doesn't mean this is the only choice. Do what works for you and your family and make sure you cheer for everyone because they are your future teammates in college. GO LONG ISLAND !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D indeed does send its top players to UMD . YJ never sends its top players to SB. No knock on SB ,LI girls go away to school very few of the top players choose to stay home.

That is not exclusive to lax
Most of LI top HS athletes pick schools of LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very good response. But, I will add that I think some of the smack talk against Hofstra by YJ folks comes from the Queen Bee herself. Maybe not literally, but sort of by her demeanor. Her method is to put others down to benefit her own brand. That attitude permeates through the club and the next thing you know, everyone of the parents has joined in. And, they couldn't fathom if one of their little bees went to Hofstra. Oh my God!!! It's really a childish and immature attitude.

That's just silly . Is it obvious that CR and the Smiths have a dislike for each other , yes . It's a two way street and both would love to put the other out of business , it's the way the business world works .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's just silly . Is it obvious that CR and the Smiths have a dislike for each other , yes . It's a two way street and both would love to put the other out of business , it's the way the business world works .

It may be a two way street, but in terms of girls, all the traffic is going in the same direction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It may be a two way street, but in terms of girls, all the traffic is going in the same direction.

Funny but not really true. You get a lot of TG top players leaving for YJ but you also get the disgruntled lower team players from YJ heading to TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tat's because the parents want to tell everyone that my kid is on the "A" team, so they leave YJ or even TG second, third or fourth team for any :

Funny but not really true. You get a lot of TG top players leaving for YJ but you also get the disgruntled lower team players from YJ heading to TG.

That's because the parents need to be able to tell everyone that my kid is on the "A" team, so they leave YJ second, third or fourth team to play on a lower caliber "A" team. You can only move your kid so many times before you have to admit that they are not real "A" team players and perhaps being on the YJ "B" was the right spot. That said TG has taken on many YJ 2-3-4 team players along with Beach Bums, Wave, Express and Elevate kids on their "A" team that would have zero chance of making a YJ "A" team - it just doesn't happen! I have never heard of any player leaving any of those clubs to play on YJ "A" team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tat's because the parents want to tell everyone that my kid is on the "A" team, so they leave YJ or even TG second, third or fourth team for any :

That's because the parents need to be able to tell everyone that my kid is on the "A" team, so they leave YJ second, third or fourth team to play on a lower caliber "A" team. You can only move your kid so many times before you have to admit that they are not real "A" team players and perhaps being on the YJ "B" was the right spot. That said TG has taken on many YJ 2-3-4 team players along with Beach Bums, Wave, Express and Elevate kids on their "A" team that would have zero chance of making a YJ "A" team - it just doesn't happen! I have never heard of any player leaving any of those clubs to play on YJ "A" team

Where do the YJA players come from then? They are not all products of YJ. Many of the YJ A come from other clubs, especially TG. I know of 2 examples from my daughter's year and I've heard it's common practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reference was that no TG "B" team kids are ever moving to YJ "A", but that plenty of YJ B/C/D kids can move to TG "A"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What year is that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all so busy paying attention to YJ/TG that you're missing the sleeper that is quietly poaching kids from both clubs in the younger grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all so busy paying attention to YJ/TG that you're missing the sleeper that is quietly poaching kids from both clubs in the younger grades.

I'll bite. Who is the sleeper? From what I understand, TG is doing fine in the younger grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty

Could be a contender, and a great option! Competition is good for LI girls! I have heard of a few YJ A players from Nassau leaving for this program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty

Could be a contender, and a great option! Competition is good for LI girls! I have heard of a few YJ A players from Nassau leaving for this program.

Liberty is a well run, solid club but too much favoritism towards Manhasset Girls. Lib A teams are Manhasset girls with sprinkles of girls from other places. Lib B teams are more diverse as to where the girls are from. I think they are trying to change that reputation but have a ways to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thug Ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty

Liberty is a well run, solid club but too much favoritism towards Manhasset Girls. Lib A teams are Manhasset girls with sprinkles of girls from other places. Lib B teams are more diverse as to where the girls are from. I think they are trying to change that reputation but have a ways to go.
My daughter played for Liberty and I can tell you this statement is not true. Manhasset girls do make up a good portion of the teams , but not being favored for top team. Many 'set girls were on the 2nd team, and many non 'set girls were on the first team over them. There is more favoritism on Y.J. for Noth Port girls. Many "set girls play for Liberty more because D.G. is an excelent coach, not because of some pressure to play there. They love her as does any player and family that has played for her. Any person that says anythig different either over estamates there daughters skills, or never played for her. It is the best shot you will get at an honest assesment of your daughters skill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty

This is just not accurate. Liberty A teams, at the very young ages, may start out with many girls from Manhasset and GC, but you can only select a team from the pool that try out. The current Black (A) teams, at least from 8th grade and up, have players from a large mix of communities mostly in Nassau county.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll bite. Who is the sleeper? From what I understand, TG is doing fine in the younger grades.

South shore boys club that recently started a girls component a year or two back. I've heard they're putting a lot of effort into it. Seen quite a few girls who I'd thought would be at YJ or already were there quietly slip away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

South shore boys club that recently started a girls component a year or two back. I've heard they're putting a lot of effort into it. Seen quite a few girls who I'd thought would be at YJ or already were there quietly slip away.

Sleeper is grabbing kids who have parents that believe they are A players but some how never make or have been cut from TG or YJ top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the count up to now of TG players leaving and coming to YJ and committing? Apparently BS isnt as good a judge of talent as he thinks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sleeper is grabbing kids who have parents that believe they are A players but some how never make or have been cut from TG or YJ top teams.

Well let's see if the sleeper has the coaching to develop talent then. That seems to be the draw. The sleeper didn't lose any of their better players (some were cut and a few bottom of the roster players went to a b team for more playing time).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sleeper has upgraded coaching 23 and 24. Let's see if the team progresses as much as they think they will.

Like Reply Quote
Page 258 of 327 1 2 256 257 258 259 260 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard