BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,781
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 76 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 75 76
Re: Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah thats true. And I even saw a bunch of kids that were way too fast compared to others. There was a fat kid in goal compared to the skinny one. I even heard one kid is allowed to practice whenever he wants and is raised by parents who don't scream at him while he is playing a game.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo parent got tossed. Funny Angry troll
Stratton smash thief fighting cause his son too small

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2022 is born in 2004. Not 2002

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah thats true. And I even saw a bunch of kids that were way too fast compared to others. There was a fat kid in goal compared to the skinny one. I even heard one kid is allowed to practice whenever he wants and is raised by parents who don't scream at him while he is playing a game.

Its called holdback no matter how you spin it. If its well known why deny it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 to 2 goal games weren't considered level? Every game was close. Coaching excellent! Parents maintained good sideline behavior for the most part. Great tournament that any team could have won.

Parents had good behavior because they weren't near the field. How it should be.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdback or not, it had no effect on the tournament....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually its genetics... darwin would have used you in his research before he determined you expendable... some kids are bigger better stronger faster older younger smarter slower fatter skinnier... as your kid grows these next few years he will have to play against giants and midgets, smart players and complete idiots both examples following in the foot steps of their parents. but fortunately your smart phone is the smartest in your family so it will record the greatness of next of kin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

There was a drastic difference with several hawks kids and they scored a lot of the goals. It is what it is. But lets call a spade a spade. [/quote]

I know who you're talking about, but it's not true. Same players all year. That team has a lot of depth. And a few kids have improved greatly. If you shut down a couple players, others can do the job. We've watched them a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express had kid(s)from Baltimore
I'm sure LI parents thrilled to drive 3hours and not play
No rules, not right

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To bad express plays with a new roster every week. All the other team play with the same 22-24 boys for a full year. No not Express it's a revolving door week to week. Not sure how the parents put up with it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't come here calling teams cheats then say ' a spade is spade' .. Classic sore loser. Every team had big and small kids alike including the team that one it all.
Your credibility just took a dump . That is the exact Hawks team since fall that we play against all the time. Bigger kids mean that they are automatically older ' classic sore loser..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a Express parent, other than the championship we could have been 0-4 BUT these kids are special! They are clicking together and it shows!
You could definitely see the LI parents, express include vs Maryland parents! For the most part a civil, great comptetion and fun lax weekend!
I can't wait for the boys to get at it this weekend! #2022

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't come here calling teams cheats then say ' a spade is spade' .. Classic sore loser. Every team had big and small kids alike including the team that one it all.
Your credibility just took a dump . That is the exact Hawks team since fall that we play against all the time. Bigger kids mean that they are automatically older ' classic sore loser..

no one said it wasn't the same exact team. the obvious are the holdbacks. if you choose to hold your son back you shouldn't be so defensive. no one is fooling anyone. everyone whispers the word holdback. it is what it is. but stop pretending it's not happening. and it's NOT about being a sore loser. Hawks didn't win did they.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdback or not, it had no effect on the tournament....

neither did the so called guest players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To bad express plays with a new roster every week. All the other team play with the same 22-24 boys for a full year. No not Express it's a revolving door week to week. Not sure how the parents put up with it.

sounds like a parent that left. it was okay for Igloo kids to play with Express last summer in a tournament and Express kids to jump ship to United and Smash. common everyone is trying to find the best fit for their kid or them. it's the name of the game. one player played very few plays in two games. you can hardly say it made a difference in playing time or scores. get over it. there are plenty of options and that's the beauty of the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

There was a drastic difference with several hawks kids and they scored a lot of the goals. It is what it is. But lets call a spade a spade.

I know who you're talking about, but it's not true. Same players all year. That team has a lot of depth. And a few kids have improved greatly. If you shut down a couple players, others can do the job. We've watched them a lot. [/quote]

same players isn't the point. holdbacks were the point. they could have gone to kindergarten at 7. who knows. but there is no way at least two or three of them were 12. people have their arguments about guest players and people have their arguments about holdbacks. like it was said, it is what it is. neither are monitored.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually its genetics... darwin would have used you in his research before he determined you expendable... some kids are bigger better stronger faster older younger smarter slower fatter skinnier... as your kid grows these next few years he will have to play against giants and midgets, smart players and complete idiots both examples following in the foot steps of their parents. but fortunately your smart phone is the smartest in your family so it will record the greatness of next of kin

everyone knows that holdbacks are happening. it's ridiculous to deny it. raise your hand if you don't know a holdback

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

There was a drastic difference with several hawks kids and they scored a lot of the goals. It is what it is. But lets call a spade a spade.

I know who you're talking about, but it's not true. Same players all year. That team has a lot of depth. And a few kids have improved greatly. If you shut down a couple players, others can do the job. We've watched them a lot.

same players isn't the point. holdbacks were the point. they could have gone to kindergarten at 7. who knows. but there is no way at least two or three of them were 12. people have their arguments about guest players and people have their arguments about holdbacks. like it was said, it is what it is. neither are monitored. [/quote]

But you're spreading rumors when you don't know based on looking at a kid. And I'm telling you based on KNOWING the kids that there are no 13 year olds on that team. Not one. Some kids hit puberty at 10, some at 12, some at 14. You don't know what you're talking about. I have seen true sixth graders that are five foot eight. And I have seen six graders that that are four foot eight. That's the way it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is known in Long Island circles for being a trouble-maker. Unfortunate for the kids / other parents / LI. Our apologies, MD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is dead, long live the king!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

you are not selling me that bridge either.

same players isn't the point. holdbacks were the point. they could have gone to kindergarten at 7. who knows. but there is no way at least two or three of them were 12. people have their arguments about guest players and people have their arguments about holdbacks. like it was said, it is what it is. neither are monitored.

But you're spreading rumors when you don't know based on looking at a kid. And I'm telling you based on KNOWING the kids that there are no 13 year olds on that team. Not one. Some kids hit puberty at 10, some at 12, some at 14. You don't know what you're talking about. I have seen true sixth graders that are five foot eight. And I have seen six graders that that are four foot eight. That's the way it is. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My overview of E8:

Positives:

Best talent and IQ at this age.
76% of games decided by 1 or 2 goals.
High-level coaching / scouting.
Great venue for playing / watching.
Invaluable experience for the kids.

Negatives:

Must adopt standard AGE verification before someone gets hurt.

Set rosters. Players should not be allowed to join a team mid-tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

same players isn't the point. holdbacks were the point. they could have gone to kindergarten at 7. who knows. but there is no way at least two or three of them were 12. people have their arguments about guest players and people have their arguments about holdbacks. like it was said, it is what it is. neither are monitored. [/quote]

Yes, it is monitored by a coach that doesn't cheat. You want proof? Ask for it. You cannot go around accusing teams of cheating because a couple of kids are mature. You don't know what you're talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

But you're spreading rumors when you don't know based on looking at a kid. And I'm telling you based on KNOWING the kids that there are no 13 year olds on that team. Not one. Some kids hit puberty at 10, some at 12, some at 14. You don't know what you're talking about. I have seen true sixth graders that are five foot eight. And I have seen six graders that that are four foot eight. That's the way it is.
[/quote]

why is everyone so afraid to admit there are holdbacks when it is condoned and allowed at this point. it is an advantage, especially when they are older, and it is allowed. why isn't it admitted to in a lot of cases.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

why is everyone so afraid to admit there are holdbacks when it is condoned and allowed at this point. it is an advantage, especially when they are older, and it is allowed. why isn't it admitted to in a lot of cases. [/quote]

Why would someone admit to it if it's not true, though? The thing is, people come on here and accuse teams of having holdbacks because certain kids are big or hairy or whatever. But it's not necessarily true. And you can't assume. My son looks like he's 15 but he's 12. His best buddy on his team looks like he's 10, but he's 12 and actually a few months older than my son. You just don't know!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

Yes, it is monitored by a coach that doesn't cheat. You want proof? Ask for it. You cannot go around accusing teams of cheating because a couple of kids are mature. You don't know what you're talking about. [/quote]

no said cheating but you. holdbacks are allowed. it's well known.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

Yes, it is monitored by a coach that doesn't cheat. You want proof? Ask for it. You cannot go around accusing teams of cheating because a couple of kids are mature. You don't know what you're talking about. [/quote]

if you want me to believe there were no kids on that field that were holdbacks over the weekend you must be crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 3rd grade son said to me this morning, "why is Timmy on the 3rd grade team??? We went to camp last summer and he was on the 3rd grade then, shouldn't he be in 4th grade?"

JUST GO AGE BASED PLEASE, 8 year old know its happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My overview of E8:

Positives:

Best talent and IQ at this age.
76% of games decided by 1 or 2 goals.
High-level coaching / scouting.
Great venue for playing / watching.
Invaluable experience for the kids.

Negatives:

Must adopt standard AGE verification before someone gets hurt.

Set rosters. Players should not be allowed to join a team mid-tournament.

agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

why is everyone so afraid to admit there are holdbacks when it is condoned and allowed at this point. it is an advantage, especially when they are older, and it is allowed. why isn't it admitted to in a lot of cases.[/quote]

I was there this weekend and had a very nice discussion with one of the MD Parents and I asked him why are your kids so big and he told me that it has to do with the cutoff date when you start school. IN MD the cutoff date is SEPT and on LI it is DEC so a late birthday in MD is June/July/August. He said that on his team more than 1/2 of the kids are born in 2003. Funny he actually pointed out when an 04 kid did something good.

He was shocked to learn that our team had only 1 kind born in 12/03 and that everyone else is born in 04.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that wasn't a Hawks parent. every other team had maybe kids born in the summer of '03, which isn't a big difference, but older holdbacks were there. even the coaches whispered about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

Yes, it is monitored by a coach that doesn't cheat. You want proof? Ask for it. You cannot go around accusing teams of cheating because a couple of kids are mature. You don't know what you're talking about.

if you want me to believe there were no kids on that field that were holdbacks over the weekend you must be crazy. [/quote]

Instead of spreading lies why don't you just ask the kid's parents? Or would you prefer to come on here anonymously instead of having the guts to just ask? Hawks will be in LI this weekend. I dare you to pick out a kid that you think is a holdback and ask his parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that wasn't a Hawks parent. every other team had maybe kids born in the summer of '03, which isn't a big difference, but older holdbacks were there. even the coaches whispered about it.

It is a big advantage when all of our kids are born in 04. On our team 95% are born in 04 and the 2 that are born in 03, 1 is born in NOV and the other DEC.

Be realistic and think if you took all your 03's off the team how would you do against the LI Teams. I don't think it would be close.

In MD a holdback is born in 2002, on LI a hold back is born in 03 for 2022.

On LI we if a kid is born 10/03 for 2022 we call him a holdback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

if you want me to believe there were no kids on that field that were holdbacks over the weekend you must be crazy.

Instead of spreading lies why don't you just ask the kid's parents? Or would you prefer to come on here anonymously instead of having the guts to just ask? Hawks will be in LI this weekend. I dare you to pick out a kid that you think is a holdback and ask his parents. [/quote]

I already did in more than one tournament. you must be living under a rock if you don't think it's happening

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfect explanation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a big advantage when all of our kids are born in 04. On our team 95% are born in 04 and the 2 that are born in 03, 1 is born in NOV and the other DEC.

Be realistic and think if you took all your 03's off the team how would you do against the LI Teams. I don't think it would be close.

LI cut off is December. September makes the most sense. Socially, academically and athletically. can't fault a parent for holding back a sept oct or nov child. but we are not talking about 6 months or a year difference. there was more than that on those fields.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Deez Nutz... the ship jumping is coming in a few months, will there be enough life vests for all???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it started already
Deez Nutz... the ship jumping is coming in a few months, will there be enough life vests for all???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't really matter cheaters or non cheaters, hold backs still could not score on true 2022 goalies. Very talented kids at this age. My son being one of those talented goalies it's just like having a lesson for him with the team. The harder the opposite team plays the more better he gets. It sucks that some ppl feel they need the advantage for there son to be the ace on the team but it will be a hard lesson as they get older, being they won't be able to keep up with the other same aged boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI cut off is December. September makes the most sense. Socially, academically and athletically. can't fault a parent for holding back a sept oct or nov child. but we are not talking about 6 months or a year difference. there was more than that on those fields.

Get it through your thick skull. There was not a kid born in 2002. Get it through your thick skull, there was not a kid who was a year older than your players. If you think that is the case, ask for proof. Coming on here and complaining anonymously is unfair, cowardly, and cheap. These kids work really hard -- like all the kids do. You do not have the right to take away what they've earned because you think they are older than your kids. I'm sorry you expected to come down here and spank every MD team, but guess what? Kids down here can play lax too. Get over it. There are a lot of public school kids who can't hold back and a lot of privates who choose not to. Our school cut off is Sept. 1. If you don't like the fact that kids might be three months older than yours, don't come down.

Page 54 of 76 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard