BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 90 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Very sad that this guy's focus in life is lacrosse and allowing his son to be manipulated just to get into a top LACROSSE school. Poor kid when he realizes he is just like everyone else and his skills are average if that when playing with kids his own age. Surprised any kid would agree to repeating a grade just to look like a lacrosse stud - he and everyone else knows it is only because of his age.

I completely agree with this post.

It truly amazes me that any parent or parents would hold a kid back for a sport, any sport. Sure I get some kids not being mature enough to start kindergarten or a kid who is struggling with the work in a particular grade repeating a grade or starting later. But to repeat a grade for something other than an academic reason is so completely unthinkable, foreign and totally bizarre to me I just can't understand it. Seriously, for a sport?

Your kid should be playing UP against older kids - where they learn to take a beating and fight through it. They should be bored by playing on grade level unless they find some really exceptional competition. That will help them win at the game called LIFE.

If you hold back your kid for a sport, lacrosse or otherwise, you're a loser. You're raising your kids to be a losers. One that will break in the face of real competition. It really doesn't matter that you're "cheating" or not because they will be beaten by someone hardened in the fires of real competition. It is a given, it will happen because you've made them weak on the inside. Makes me sad for your kids. Truly. But hey, someone has to run the cash registers at Walmart, put the shopping carts back at the supermarket and scrape the gum off the sidewalks.

A Crabs 2019 player just "committed" to the Air Force Academy. I'd consider letting my son repeat 8th grade if it was something he wanted to do and it would help him get into one of the academies. Somehow i don't think he would turn out with weaker character from the experience.

The reality is "losers" are people who spend their time complaining about what others are doing rather than focusing on making themselves better.

How old is he 17?

Kind of makes a mockery of the principles of the academies- a kid who manipulates the rules to beat up on younger kids as part of our armed forces....integrity, character, honor - you know the whole bit disregarded by these kids and their parents.

Great point, thought our academies were all about integrity and honor. Guess not!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about not listening to some f'in idiot on a message board that has no idea what he is talking about on the subject of holdbacks and the psychological impact on the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about not listening to some f'in idiot on a message board that has no idea what he is talking about on the subject of holdbacks and the psychological impact on the kids.

Would that psychological impact be "a false sense of security"? And the non ability to compete against kids of the same age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very sad that this guy's focus in life is lacrosse and allowing his son to be manipulated just to get into a top LACROSSE school. Poor kid when he realizes he is just like everyone else and his skills are average if that when playing with kids his own age. Surprised any kid would agree to repeating a grade just to look like a lacrosse stud - he and everyone else knows it is only because of his age.

I completely agree with this post.

It truly amazes me that any parent or parents would hold a kid back for a sport, any sport. Sure I get some kids not being mature enough to start kindergarten or a kid who is struggling with the work in a particular grade repeating a grade or starting later. But to repeat a grade for something other than an academic reason is so completely unthinkable, foreign and totally bizarre to me I just can't understand it. Seriously, for a sport?

Your kid should be playing UP against older kids - where they learn to take a beating and fight through it. They should be bored by playing on grade level unless they find some really exceptional competition. That will help them win at the game called LIFE.

If you hold back your kid for a sport, lacrosse or otherwise, you're a loser. You're raising your kids to be a losers. One that will break in the face of real competition. It really doesn't matter that you're "cheating" or not because they will be beaten by someone hardened in the fires of real competition. It is a given, it will happen because you've made them weak on the inside. Makes me sad for your kids. Truly. But hey, someone has to run the cash registers at Walmart, put the shopping carts back at the supermarket and scrape the gum off the sidewalks.

A Crabs 2019 player just "committed" to the Air Force Academy. I'd consider letting my son repeat 8th grade if it was something he wanted to do and it would help him get into one of the academies. Somehow i don't think he would turn out with weaker character from the experience.

The reality is "losers" are people who spend their time complaining about what others are doing rather than focusing on making themselves better.

How old is he 17?

Kind of makes a mockery of the principles of the academies- a kid who manipulates the rules to beat up on younger kids as part of our armed forces....integrity, character, honor - you know the whole bit disregarded by these kids and their parents.

Great point, thought our academies were all about integrity and honor. Guess not!

Are you serious? You are aware who the Commander in Chief is right? Do we really need to go any further?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great point, thought our academies were all about integrity and honor. Guess not! [/quote]

Are you serious? You are aware who the Commander in Chief is right? Do we really need to go any further?[/quote]

You must be proud of your son and yourself-you exemplify so much with what is wrong with this sport and our nation. Pathetic.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you guys just assuming this kid is older because he is on crabs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Are you guys just assuming this kid is older because he is on crabs? [/quote

He is!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poster is admitting to a lack of morals and integrity by suggesting our president lacks it? Very very sad! How about stop cheating to gain an unethical advantage. Then maybe you would be worthy to serve our country!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
found a nice way to save money, I would like to share. don't pay for speed and agility training, get your kids outside to shovel snow. when the snow is gone, get them outside to play. Save myself the money for someone to make my kid exercise. Professor Mac here with more tips to come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? You are aware who the Commander in Chief is right? Do we really need to go any further?[/quote]

You must be proud of your son and yourself-you exemplify so much with what is wrong with this sport and our nation. Pathetic. [/quote]

We're on the same page knuckle head. Honor and Integrity should come from the top, clearly it doesn't at the moment. Why would you expect it from Academies he oversee. They have become places for social engineering experiments. Have you seen who runs West Point? Get it now?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? You are aware who the Commander in Chief is right? Do we really need to go any further?

You must be proud of your son and yourself-you exemplify so much with what is wrong with this sport and our nation. Pathetic. [/quote]

We're on the same page knuckle head. Honor and Integrity should come from the top, clearly it doesn't at the moment. Why would you expect it from Academies he oversee. They have become places for social engineering experiments. Have you seen who runs West Point? Get it now? [/quote]

BG Holland is a 1990 graduate of USMA. She is a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. I would say that she is more than qualified to be the Commandant of West Point. Where have you deployed? It should be more than two times for your criticism to have any validity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be proud of your son and yourself-you exemplify so much with what is wrong with this sport and our nation. Pathetic.

We're on the same page knuckle head. Honor and Integrity should come from the top, clearly it doesn't at the moment. Why would you expect it from Academies he oversee. They have become places for social engineering experiments. Have you seen who runs West Point? Get it now? [/quote]

BG Holland is a 1990 graduate of USMA. She is a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. I would say that she is more than qualified to be the Commandant of West Point. Where have you deployed? It should be more than two times for your criticism to have any validity. [/quote]

The answer is zero deployments. BTW the Med cruise in 84 doesn't count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BG Holland is a 1990 graduate of USMA. She is a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan. I would say that she is more than qualified to be the Commandant of West Point. Where have you deployed? It should be more than two times for your criticism to have any validity. [/quote]

And so it goes, social engineering comes full circle. Surely affirmative action played no role in her appointment to West Point as a student. Like BO's entrance to Harvard. Surely, affirmative action played no role in her advancement in the military and played no role in her appointment to run West Point. Last I checked, the Constitution protects my right to criticize anything and everything. Further, my father spent 4 years in Europe during WWII, he survived crossing the Atlantic, D-Day and the Battle of the Bulge. The country he fought for, and the rights you enjoy, by his own words, exists today in name only. Surely, the likes of BG saw plenty of live action. Further, the Marine Commander is on record as saying, "women in live battle situations are a detriment to the lives of the others around them". Further, they would be subject to unspeakable acts of savagery should they be captured. The PC culture has no place in our military, for that matter in our country. The current Commander in Chief is derelict in his duty, the people he surrounds himself with are of the same ilk. Your friend BG has no place running West Point. Now, as stated above, it comes as no surprise that the recruiting tactics used by the Coaches of our service academies lack in honor and integrity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We're on the same page knuckle head. Honor and Integrity should come from the top, clearly it doesn't at the moment. Why would you expect it from Academies he oversee. They have become places for social engineering experiments. Have you seen who runs West Point? Get it now?

And so it goes, social engineering comes full circle. Surely affirmative action played no role in her appointment to West Point as a student. Like BO's entrance to Harvard. Surely, affirmative action played no role in her advancement in the military and played no role in her appointment to run West Point. Last I checked, the Constitution protects my right to criticize anything and everything. Further, my father spent 4 years in Europe during WWII, he survived crossing the Atlantic, D-Day and the Battle of the Bulge. The country he fought for, and the rights you enjoy, by his own words, exists today in name only. Surely, the likes of BG saw plenty of live action. Further, the Marine Commander is on record as saying, "women in live battle situations are a detriment to the lives of the others around them". Further, they would be subject to unspeakable acts of savagery should they be captured. The PC culture has no place in our military, for that matter in our country. The current Commander in Chief is derelict in his duty, the people he surrounds himself with are of the same ilk. Your friend BG has no place running West Point. Now, as stated above, it comes as no surprise that the recruiting tactics used by the Coaches of our service academies lack in honor and integrity. [/quote]

God bless your father's service. I say again.....what have you done???? Criticizing others is easy......Ranting on an internet board is easy.......Talking smack about what you know nothing about is easy......Show your wife and your daughter your post and see what they think. Over.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I see West Point committed a 2019. I can't believe it. Very surprised at this. Didn't think they would stoop this low with early recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush with 3 standouts at NLF according to recruiting rundown. Proving how balanced they are. As the 3 players that were standouts were not the "big 3"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may not like him, but what do honor and integrity have to do with it? No scandals in thei administration.

Starting a war to protect us from WMDs that did not exist? Republicans, there's integrity for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And so it goes, social engineering comes full circle. Surely affirmative action played no role in her appointment to West Point as a student. Like BO's entrance to Harvard. Surely, affirmative action played no role in her advancement in the military and played no role in her appointment to run West Point. Last I checked, the Constitution protects my right to criticize anything and everything. Further, my father spent 4 years in Europe during WWII, he survived crossing the Atlantic, D-Day and the Battle of the Bulge. The country he fought for, and the rights you enjoy, by his own words, exists today in name only. Surely, the likes of BG saw plenty of live action. Further, the Marine Commander is on record as saying, "women in live battle situations are a detriment to the lives of the others around them". Further, they would be subject to unspeakable acts of savagery should they be captured. The PC culture has no place in our military, for that matter in our country. The current Commander in Chief is derelict in his duty, the people he surrounds himself with are of the same ilk. Your friend BG has no place running West Point. Now, as stated above, it comes as no surprise that the recruiting tactics used by the Coaches of our service academies lack in honor and integrity. [/quote]

Wow you are a piece of work standing on a pedestal slinging insults at the military when you have never seen any action yourself. You also sound slightly angry about a woman in her role- loser on both counts.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Your father has a right to speak. You, coward, have none. As the daughter of an Army Sgt. Major and the mother of a son that is active and currently deployed on a Navy submarine, I am disgusted by your asinine statements. Each and every one of them are ridiculous and due to the fact that you have no freaking clue what you are talking about, please shut your lame mouth. You are a disgrace to your fathers service. Women will now serve proudly in the Silent Service as well, FYI. I bet you don't even know what that means.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sir,

You are the prime example of "WHITE MALE PRIVILEDGE". God I hope you are not a parent of a child on my son's team...

Best of luck to your son. I feel sorry for your wife.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A kid who is not playing by the rules, reclassing for an advantage, should not be representing our country at a military Acadamy. This is wrong. A part of the problem in this country. Lack of morals, character and ethics. Don't even try to defend yourself. Those playing by the rules know it's true! Very sad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush with 3 standouts at NLF according to recruiting rundown. Proving how balanced they are. As the 3 players that were standouts were not the "big 3"

I don't know who you think their "big 3" are, but I have see Crush play and the attack player and middies that were mentioned are clearly 2 of their top players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Sir,

You are the prime example of "WHITE MALE PRIVILEDGE". God I hope you are not a parent of a child on my son's team...

[quote=Anonymous]

Women shouldn't be in the military nor should they be in law enforcement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know who you think their "big 3" are, but I have see Crush play and the attack player and middies that were mentioned are clearly 2 of their top players.

Is this info posted anywhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are so stupid even classifying lax with a decision to go to an acedemy. Forget about lax...or age or anything else. This kid is going to work and protect our country.

Not one person on any of these post, in any year as they are anonymous (including me) have the balls even to sign up for this....think before you write about life and death...vs lax.

True idiots...get a life ...or sign up for what he did.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
[quote=Anonymous]Sir,

[quote=Anonymous]

They should abort idiots such as yourself that is certain. I mean without them where would pigs like YOU be, hmmmmm? I bet you beat yours regularly, right Prince Charrming?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are so stupid even classifying lax with a decision to go to an acedemy. Forget about lax...or age or anything else. This kid is going to work and protect our country.

Not one person on any of these post, in any year as they are anonymous (including me) have the balls even to sign up for this....think before you write about life and death...vs lax.

True idiots...get a life ...or sign up for what he did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone here about that new kid from express (leghart) that joined true blue white after being cut.... heard he was one of the best on legharts team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only one game was watched,the championship , some other kids, not just crush players preformed better than those mentioned. We are talking about a ty Xander write up, so don't get to excited!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO MIDDIES WERE MENTIONED FROM CRUSH--11 middies per team---playing time was tough to come by

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NO MIDDIES WERE MENTIONED FROM CRUSH--11 middies per team---playing time was tough to come by
Other than Oneil there weren't many standouts. Terrible lacrosse, 11 mids on many teams, made playing time a joke. Most kids don't now how to play in a system and it showed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only one game was watched,the championship , some other kids, not just crush players preformed better than those mentioned. We are talking about a ty Xander write up, so don't get to excited!

And the two Crabs mentioned are both private school holdbacks coupled with a pre first year - no surprise there. Congratulations to their parents who are now King of the Water Cooler conversations at work. Most 6'1" 180 pound "8th graders" would stand out. Sorry for their true 2020 team mates who got passed over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A kid who is not playing by the rules, reclassing for an advantage, should not be representing our country at a military Acadamy. This is wrong. A part of the problem in this country. Lack of morals, character and ethics. Don't even try to defend yourself. Those playing by the rules know it's true! Very sad!

This young man will be defending our country some day! Stop being bitter, you should be thanking him and his parents. Seriously, stop being so bitter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other than Oneil there weren't many standouts. Terrible lacrosse, 11 mids on many teams, made playing time a joke. Most kids don't now how to play in a system and it showed.

XA is a mid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
[quote=Anonymous]Sir,

[quote=Anonymous]

They should abort idiots such as yourself that is certain. I mean without them where would pigs like YOU be, hmmmmm? I bet you beat yours regularly, right Prince Charrming?

Former Sergeant in the Marines here and I'm happy we've on boarded women in all capacities. It was silly that we hadn't done it already. However, the standards, all of them, must be consistent for both sexes. If you lower the standards for women it will prevent them from getting the respect they deserve and hinder our combat effectiveness, neither being acceptable. And if the women are smart, they'll hold themselves to an even higher standard. Lead from the front!

Oh yeah, since we're on a lax forum, girls can play boys lax too :p

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously have don't know anything about Crush or who the purported Big 3 are Oneil the lefty attack kid was in my opinion the best 2020 there.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
[quote=Anonymous]Sir,

[quote=Anonymous]

Former Sergeant in the Marines here and I'm happy we've on boarded women in all capacities. It was silly that we hadn't done it already. However, the standards, all of them, must be consistent for both sexes. If you lower the standards for women it will prevent them from getting the respect they deserve and hinder our combat effectiveness, neither being acceptable. And if the women are smart, they'll hold themselves to an even higher standard. Lead from the front!

Oh yeah, since we're on a lax forum, girls can play boys lax too :p

Very good points!!

Thank you for your service!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

XA is a mid
Who plays one handed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Futures was my first exposure to showcase games. Thought very well organized, but comment above regarding middies was spot on.

If FoGo's stay on and LSM's go on early offense (which I like, but not in showcases) and many early shots taken, just the function of math means there are very few minutes to be shared by normal middies.

My one critical comment for the event was that the coaches needed to manage middie PT better. I have no problem with a stud being played more at the end of the game, but that wasn't the problem - non-management was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

XA is a mid
Who plays one handed

Do you mean he favors his strong hand? Kinda like the way the Canadians do? And they seem to be more effective, which is why most good coaches are not spending much time on off-hand anymore. This is probably a topic for another thread, but you can't knock a kid if he plays that way anymore. It's part of the evolutionary process of American lacrosse.

Page 53 of 90 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard