BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 47 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did 91 and express do in baltimore

College Coaches were all over the place!

* Harvard, Cornell, Princeton, Yale, Penn, Duke, Notre Dame, Hopkins, Denver, Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State, Rutgers, Maryland, North Carolina, Syracuse, Air Force and many others.

The least important thing to a college coach is the score of the game. They watch everything else including us (the parents).

I am happy that my son is fortunate enough to be on one the teams that gets to play in front of all of these college coaches.

Fun day of lacrosse with a lot of really good players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like u lost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow, what was the score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express North went 3-0 beating The Edge, Crabs and True Blue from MI.

Edge Lacrosse, the Canadian program? I believe they have been posting on their twitter page for the last two summers that they are undefeated. I guess its time for them to play down 2 age divisions, not just one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Edge Lacrosse, the Canadian program? I believe they have been posting on their twitter page for the last two summers that they are undefeated. I guess its time for them to play down 2 age divisions, not just one.

I follow them on twitter, not sure i've seen them boasting an undefeated record, i also don't read every tweet every posted by every account i follow.

their 2019 team is a 2000 born team. what age are the rest of the top 2019 teams?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I follow them on twitter, not sure i've seen them boasting an undefeated record, i also don't read every tweet every posted by every account i follow.

their 2019 team is a 2000 born team. what age are the rest of the top 2019 teams?

Edge Lacrosse program has been flogged to death on this board. All of their teams play down a year. So, their 9th grade team (2019) is all in at least 10th grade. Gotta love the current state of affairs in lax. They were indeed undefeated last Fall and this past summer, beyond that I do not know. I guess the 2019's have caught up with them, at least Express North has.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge team that played yesterday did not look like same team that played this summer. Anyone know if they have reversed their policy of playing entire team down?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 looked weaker as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 looked weaker as well

Why? Did they lose players? Did NC contingent not show up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I saw , lack of athletes.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge team that played yesterday did not look like same team that played this summer. Anyone know if they have reversed their policy of playing entire team down?

No change to Edge policy. Their website advertises tryouts for 2019 team as 2000 birth year. And the team was not weaker, other teams have simply grown and improved. You can only get away with cheating for so long with age push down. Their Virginia commit played, they just got beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 looked weaker as well

cause some of the boys reclassed and moved to the 2020 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm assuming like all programs, fall has conflicts with other sports (football/hockey) or prep schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 looked weaker as well

cause some of the boys reclassed and moved to the 2020 team

Yea I'm sure .. How many reclassed ? One ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express north 2019 Dpole committed to Michigan

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did 91 do on Sunday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 White played in Quakerfest
Beat Tristate 11-1
Lost to Dukes 5-3
Tied fl$ 4-4
Teams looks good with a few adjustments solid team this year added some good players some were from Orange team.

How did 91 do on Sunday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 White played in Quakerfest
Beat Tristate 11-1
Lost to Dukes 5-3
Tied fl$ 4-4
Teams looks good with a few adjustments solid team this year added some good players some were from Orange team.

fl$ pretty much had same kind of day as 91 so they both looked good for the first showcase of the season ..Defense is usually a step ahead and both teams played solid D from midfield down to the defenseman.. Offense will click in due time but overall pretty good. How team does is not the main thing. It's how your son performs which is most important

How did 91 do on Sunday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Edge lost 9-8 to Madlax last summer at Crab's where do u see them writing they were undeafeated?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They only axed 2 kids and gained 2 and swapped Goalies ! They will be back and stronger then ever !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They only axed 2 kids and gained 2 and swapped Goalies ! They will be back and stronger then ever !

Who are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think "They" = 91.

not good with pronouns

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 19 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 19 teams

Express North
Team 91
Edge
Sweetlax
Crabs
Laxachusetts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 19 teams

Express North
Team 91
Edge
Sweetlax
Crabs
Laxachusetts

Can't leave out Express, Madlax, or HHH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax and HHH just beat 91 last weekend

Who are the top 19 teams

Express North
Team 91
Edge
Sweetlax
Crabs
Laxachusetts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 19 teams

Express North
Team 91
Edge
Sweetlax
Crabs
Laxachusetts

Top 5 is ExpN, Madlax, HHH, 91 and Laxachusetts. Crabs way down at this age, Edge is 2017 and Sweetlax hasnt made a final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 19 teams

Express North
Team 91
Edge
Sweetlax
Crabs
Laxachusetts

Top 5 is ExpN, Madlax, HHH, 91 and Laxachusetts. Crabs way down at this age, Edge is 2017 and Sweetlax hasnt made a final.

Sweetlax has like 8 committed kids already, way more than any other. They did win the Inside Lacrosse recruiting tournament last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sweetlax has like 8 committed kids already, way more than any other. They did win the Inside Lacrosse recruiting tournament last summer.

I think this approach is a bit misguided. Most commits does not equal most talented. Any of these top teams are loaded with kids who will go on to play college lacrosse and I'm sure plenty of kids who will one day be DI all-americans haven't even made a visit to a school yet.

Maybe those Sweetlax commits are getting bad advice or just taking the first offer to come along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this approach is a bit misguided. Most commits does not equal most talented. Any of these top teams are loaded with kids who will go on to play college lacrosse and I'm sure plenty of kids who will one day be DI all-americans haven't even made a visit to a school yet.

Maybe those Sweetlax commits are getting bad advice or just taking the first offer to come along.

Maybe, but getting this amount of interest from top programs suggests this is a top club. Ultimately kids get recruited, not teams. And getting your kid recruiting is goal. Kids are not playing just for fun anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, but getting this amount of interest from top programs suggests this is a top club. Ultimately kids get recruited, not teams. And getting your kid recruiting is goal. Kids are not playing just for fun anymore.

This comment is sad but unfortunately true. Kids are being robbed of just being a kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, I'm sure it has been explained before, but how are the verbal commitments actually made? To the best of my understanding a coach can not contact a player until sometime in their junior year summer.

How is the contact made? Via a coach and then player contacts college coach?

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This comment is sad but unfortunately true. Kids are being robbed of just being a kid

Very true. Unfortunately, the fun stops for many kids because of the many lowly characters in this "Business".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yay! LI just (kind of) got its first 2019 verbal to MD from Smithtown. Not sure if it actually counts as LI since the kid only moved here a couple months ago and got recruited playing for his MA club. Congrats, here he's very good!

Well deserved but not an LI commit. Good luck!

Actually, kid moved to MA from Smithtown a few years ago, now moving back. So, probably can classify as an LI commit!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the player initiates the contact, via email for example, then the Coach is permitted to contact the player prior to the summer of junior year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, I'm sure it has been explained before, but how are the verbal commitments actually made? To the best of my understanding a coach can not contact a player until sometime in their junior year summer.

How is the contact made? Via a coach and then player contacts college coach?

Thanks

With the early commits it usually works like this:

College coaches identify the players that they like. The coaches then reach out to the club coach (sometimes HS coach) and express their interest. The college coaches will ask the club / HS coach to have the player call them. The coach will develop a dialog and may ask the player and parents to visit the school. If the coach really likes the player and has the player ranked high on his list he will communicate that and may make an offer.

Remember, coaches recruit more players than they take. Just because a coach expresses interest do not assume he will make an offer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Leading Edge do last weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right he wants the player to call him. I still feel at this age it's wrong. NCAA needs to make that illegal too. Maybe that should start more like 10th grade year. National letter of intent is not till your senior year. A lot can happen in 4 yrs!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Leading Edge do last weekend?

They did great. All of the boys had an opportunity to play in front of coaches from the many of the best programs and schools in the country.

Great day of lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the player initiates the contact, via email for example, then the Coach is permitted to contact the player prior to the summer of junior year.

That is not correct. up until Junior year the coach may still only reply to an email with an invite to a prospect day or a request to complete a recruiting questionnaire. Same thing with a phone call. Player must make that call. if your son calls the coach and leaves him a message the coach may not call him back up until junior year. the player must initiate all contact

usually the coach contacts the club coach and asks if the player can call him on X date at X time. From there the player and coach may set dates and times to check back in. For example my older son after initial contact would email him saying coach I am going to call you on Tuesday at 2:00 and that may be their next discussion

Page 21 of 47 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard