Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous
Im not exactly sure what team your daughter is on, but i dont see our teams offense running through only a couple of girls. In fact our coach has stressed numerous times to move the ball around, much to the dismay of some parents who just want their daughters to go to goal. But Im sure it is happening on other teams. As for the positions, have you spoken to the coach? I know if It was me, and my daughter was unhappy, I would at least engage the coach in conversation. If you're unhappy with the answer, you have a choice to make. Accept it or move on. I'd suggest moving on, there are plenty of programs to choose from.

Would love to know your team. As far as moving on we shouldn't have to if the hired coaches were doing right by all their customers and not just the ones they have been told to take care of. They are 6th graders most in their first couple of years of travel and lots on this team for their first year. But we will probably be like all the other lemmings and stick it out because its the almighty YJ's.

If you are an unhappy customer and haven't at least spoken to your coach, you are doing both your daughter and yourself a disservice. Perhaps your daughter has willingly accepted the position she is playing on the team and the coach is unaware. Regardless, your displeasure should be vocalized. Just be prepared for an answer that you may not like. A lot of parents join YJ or TG to get away from the "everyone gets to play everything" because that's what PAL is for. As for the lemming comment, speak for yourself. If I was as unhappy as you seem to be, and I didn't get the answer that I wanted out of the coach, is be investigating another program for my daughter. The summer travel season doesn't get any easier. [/quote]

Hahaha I'm not sure kids on the 3rd TG team could make some PAL teams.