Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Isnt 91 owned by Brian Spallina? Did he sell/ give/ lend , whatever to MM?
No dog in any of it I just don't understand how he makes as much money as everyone claims??
Can someone show me the estimated numbers?
I just find it hard to understand that much money in lacrosse

Each single team pays in 30-40+K depending number . It doesnt cost close to that to rent fields, tournaments, coaches. Plus his other endeavors, P9 , clinics, etc bring in some big bucks. Got to give him credit, make a living off a non income sport of lacrosse.

Teams: Some of the 91 youth teams are so big they have "practice squads" of paying kids, so let's assume 28 players x 9 teams x $2K = $500K gross. Minus about $5K for indoor space, $20K for outdoor fields per year. Most coaches are Dad Coaches and are either paid very little, or get their son's fees waived. Let's say the head coaches get paid $5K each = $45K. Hoco fees: 9x$3K = $27K Gear purchases (mostly balls, some goalie gear) = $4K. Minus tournament fees, about $75K including paying Millon Events. Minus team Swag Bags, about $35K. Annual net before taxes to Millon: about $250-275K depending on whether he calls himself an employee/takes a regular salary.

Millon Camps: 300+ players @ $500 (?) each = $150K. Minus field rentals for 4-5 days on a college campus: $20K+. Minus the required campus and medical staff, [Censored] disposal fees, etc, another $20K. Minus the pay for college players, probably $10K. Minus pay for regular 91 coaches, probably $10K. Minus player "giveaways" = $25K. Annual net before taxes to Millon: About $50K.

Millon Events: 8 teams x 8 age groups x $3K tournament fee = $180K. Minus venue rental $20K, minus event staff $10K. Net before taxes to Millon: About $150K.

It's probably fair to point out that it may have taken him some years to recoup his initial investment, especially if he had to pay a fee to Spallina to get the MD franchise off the ground 10 years ago. There are some considerable outlays of cash described above, and especially early in a club, you are waiving fees for the best players, in your new tourney business you are watching teams cancel on your tournaments, or in your new camp business you're finding out that your camp week is notoriously bad for attendance due to summer vacations. Guaranteed he has taken an L some years, but that cash sure does add up, from an outside view.

And I think if you look at all this from the standpoint of "what do his sons have to do with this," it becomes clear. I'm sure MM doesn't want to work forever.