Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are the Colleges really giving for Scholarships ?

Depends on the school and the player. Not every school is fully funded with the max amount of scholarships. My 2022 got 25 % athletic stacked with 40 percent merit (academic). That’s to a mid tier school. My 2023 Nephew got 33% (all academic) from a patriot league school. He had offers up to 75 percent stacked to other schools Some of my sons teammates got out 70-75% stacked. The better the school usually means less money on the academic side but not always. Depends on the player / student. I also know kids that my son played with that got very little.

My son got everything paid by an athletic scholarship, except room and board, and an NIL deal and academic incentive money, at a major D1 program. In the end, prob won’t cost us a dime.

Kind of obnoxious reply. Yay! Good for your son and you! Is he “on age” ?

That is more the exception than the norm. I think poster was asking what is the general consensus of what schools give in scholarship $s. Not necessarily the top 1 percent of players who are also getting NIL deals. Those players are probably 2 to 3 years older?.

Also, Did they pay a prep school for 2 to 3 years? How much did that cost? Also “ big johnnys “ training over the years? How much? College may not cost a dime for some, but it certainly already probably cost a pretty penny over the years.

Obnoxious? The question was, what are colleges giving for scholarships? I simply answered the persons question. The fact is, there is a misconception about lacrosse scholarships. People such as yourself spread the rumor that there aren’t any or if there is, they are minuscule. That’s not my experience. And I know of several other kids that got similar deals. So contrary to popular opinion, there are good scholarships being had out there. And they aren’t all reserved for 5 stars. For the record, my kid is not a holdback and not a prep school kid. Just a typical 100% on age LI Public school kid, Good luck to the original poster. If your kids very good, and you do the top showcases, the coaches will find them. College coaches love finding kids that are slightly under the radar of most coaches. Less competition for getting the kid. Don’t get discouraged. There’s more than a year left to the recruiting process.