"As a parent of a 2029, I haven’t had any near/direct experience with looneys other than I know it was once a Prominent club.

Can someone explain what happened? I know they attempted to start a 2028 team last year and that never got off the ground."

Looney's used to be a large club, with both boys and girls teams. It was founded as a nonprofit, with a board and a director who was paid to run the club who was the employee of the board/corporation.

As years went by, the director seemed to lose interest in running and continuing to grow the club. Interest in joining Looney's faded, teams and players left for other clubs, and Looney's was down to just a few teams. The longtime director was either fired or quit in 2020.

A new director was hired, and the club was converted to an LLC. A previous comment on this thread said the LLC is not in good standing with the state of MD.

The club was down to four teams as of the end of this Spring's HOCO season. Parents heard nothing from club leadership after registration last year, and the uncertainty caused people to being looking for other places for their sons to play.

The 2026 team began to fall apart this Spring after relegation from HoCo Elite to the next level down. The coach tried to keep the team together but several players had already committed elsewhere. I believe the 2026 coach went to FCA with a number of former Looney's players.

The 2023s were done with club lax at the end of this tourney season. That left two teams.

The 2025 team fell apart when only about a dozen players showed up for their first Spring practice.

I am not sure of the status of the 2024 team.

Sad to see a club fall apart.