BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,872
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 66 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 66
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ll give you Regional. If we accept your intel (AAA family here) - how does players moving from one HOCO team to another give us a National team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Isn't True Ches a combo of last years VLC team and the non-Fly in True Annapolis/Chesapeke team of the last few years? A national/regional team that competes against our local MD teams.

So wait. Your point is that 2029 Crabs/LTRC, FCA, Hawks, Next Level...do NOT have kids from the whole region? Wow. Great point. Granted - completely naive and wrong.
HIs/her whole point about True Ches being regional like none of the other teams in HoCo are regional (add Madlax to the list) is pretty nonsensical.

Those teams might have 1 or 2 that put in a long drive. Not half the team! Those parents and kids are driving more than they are playing, add their circuit teams, etc….you guys are some real laxers and should be proud of yourselves. 🤡How many other teams have separate practice locations on the same day in different regions? I am pretty sure all the other teams practice together on the same day, time and place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't True Ches a combo of last years VLC team and the non-Fly in True Annapolis/Chesapeke team of the last few years? A national/regional team that competes against our local MD teams.

So wait. Your point is that 2029 Crabs/LTRC, FCA, Hawks, Next Level...do NOT have kids from the whole region? Wow. Great point. Granted - completely naive and wrong.
HIs/her whole point about True Ches being regional like none of the other teams in HoCo are regional (add Madlax to the list) is pretty nonsensical.

Those teams might have 1 or 2 that put in a long drive. Not half the team! Those parents and kids are driving more than they are playing, add their circuit teams, etc….you guys are some real laxers and should be proud of yourselves. 🤡How many other teams have separate practice locations on the same day in different regions? I am pretty sure all the other teams practice together on the same day, time and place.
No matter who you play for you are in for a 30 minute drive to practice. What's another 10-20 minutes really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No matter who you play for you are in for a 30 minute drive to practice. What's another 10-20 minutes really?

10-20 minutes is the difference between playing for a local club team or a regional team, I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is completely non-sensical.
- "Those teams might have 1 or 2 that put in a long drive." What is a "long drive"? 30 minutes? An hour? And there's not a single elite team with 2 or less that fall into a 30-min category. Not even close. Granted, the rest of us don't have the complete rosters and home addresses like you apparently do. I'm sure you have a file folder of birth certificates and everyone's academic class schedules as well.
- "Those parents and kids are driving more than they are playing." Is that always a bad thing? Could there ever be a reason for a family to decide to do that?
- What teams have different practice locations on the same day in different locations? Was it a one-off? Was there a special reason?
- The clown picture is a nice selfie.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- "Those teams might have 1 or 2 that put in a long drive." What is a "long drive"? 30 minutes? An hour? And there's not a single elite team with 2 or less that fall into a 30-min category. Not even close. Granted, the rest of us don't have the complete rosters and home addresses like you apparently do. I'm sure you have a file folder of birth certificates and everyone's academic class schedules as well.
- "Those parents and kids are driving more than they are playing." Is that always a bad thing? Could there ever be a reason for a family to decide to do that?
- What teams have different practice locations on the same day in different locations? Was it a one-off? Was there a special reason?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is an elite player. We travel 90 minutes each way for practice because there are no elite teams where we live. He spent his first 4 years playing on a lower-tiered team until it became so ridiculous how much faster he was developing than his teammates. It was either, be the best player on a terrible team or be challenged. We should have started making the 90 minute trek sooner. He's getting exactly what he needs and has to work for his playing time.

Although we have considered dropping him to the 2030's where he could dominate and collect all of those middle school trophies by beating up on younger kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC was a dumpster fire. There are no other Elite teams besides madlax in Northern VA, and madlax had a well established team. So to play with Elite level talent requires a little more travel. So what?? True C is now a top 20 program representing the region. Embrace the challenge. Root for them in the World Series, root against them in Hoco. The boys love the team and have jelled together, its been a good experience and thats all that matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all sound ridiculous! You should start thinking about where your kid is going to high school. In the MIAA, the 28s were loaded with talent, leaving only a few places that will have room and money for our boys. STM seems to be the only place that will take anyone, given how their season has played out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC was a dumpster fire. There are no other Elite teams besides madlax in Northern VA, and madlax had a well established team. So to play with Elite level talent requires a little more travel. So what?? True C is now a top 20 program representing the region. Embrace the challenge. Root for them in the World Series, root against them in Hoco. The boys love the team and have jelled together, its been a good experience and thats all that matters.

The only people who ever talk about world series now is True. It's a spring tournament now, means nothing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is an elite player. We travel 90 minutes each way for practice because there are no elite teams where we live. He spent his first 4 years playing on a lower-tiered team until it became so ridiculous how much faster he was developing than his teammates. It was either, be the best player on a terrible team or be challenged. We should have started making the 90 minute trek sooner. He's getting exactly what he needs and has to work for his playing time.

Although we have considered dropping him to the 2030's where he could dominate and collect all of those middle school trophies by beating up on younger kids.

Keep telling yourself everybody else does it, your kids believe you now. Let us know what they say in a couple years when they realize their childhood afternoons and weekends are spent in cars. Elite lacrosse and affordable housing does not co-exist. Enjoy the family time and raising your boys sitting in traffic! But hey, your house your rules. I’m sure your sons love your enthusiasm for elite lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You all sound ridiculous! You should start thinking about where your kid is going to high school. In the MIAA, the 28s were loaded with talent, leaving only a few places that will have room and money for our boys. STM seems to be the only place that will take anyone, given how their season has played out.[/quote

I watched the Hawks/ FCA game today after my son's game. All I can say is wow. The Hawks are awful compared to other Hawks teams. They nearly lost today. Good luck with the high school search…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You all sound ridiculous! You should start thinking about where your kid is going to high school. In the MIAA, the 28s were loaded with talent, leaving only a few places that will have room and money for our boys. STM seems to be the only place that will take anyone, given how their season has played out.[/quote

I watched the Hawks/ FCA game today after my son's game. All I can say is wow. The Hawks are awful compared to other Hawks teams. They nearly lost today. Good luck with the high school search…
Guy they won 10-5…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YEs it was 10-5 but it was also 6-5 going in the the second half of the 4th quarter. Uncommon for the hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YEs it was 10-5 but it was also 6-5 going in the the second half of the 4th quarter. Uncommon for the hawks.

Guy they won 10-5…

Thanks dad who’s son got cut by the hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guy they won 10-5…

Thanks dad who’s son got cut by the hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One thing that you have to take into consideration.....that most seem to be forgetting is that the 2029 class is the first group to walk through "AGE VERIFICATION". I got a chance to watch the FCA vs CRABS 2028 game yesterday and there was a lot of talent on the field, but more importantly the size of the kids on the field is insane. In talking to a parent, they guessed that approximately 6-8 players on each team are probably "hold backs"..Crabs has two "double holdbacks" and none would be eligible to play if the 2028's were under the AGE VERIFICATION rules. That's approximately 12-16 players. Now again, it doesn't matter at all once you get to high school so who cares.....but I can guarantee you that there are 20-25 current 7th grade players out there, who are being forced to play up at 2028's this season due to age verification (take a look at Crabs 2028 B team for several), who won't be allowed to play in HOCO next season as an 8th grader, but who will be allowed to play in non-age verified tournaments in the fall / summer (pretty much every tournament but NLF) as 2029's next season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a pileup of 4-2 teams going into the last weekend of the regular season. The biggest matchup will be Hawks vs Next Level. One of those team will be 4-3 and more than likely out of the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's a pileup of 4-2 teams going into the last weekend of the regular season. The biggest matchup will be Hawks vs Next Level. One of those team will be 4-3 and more than likely out of the playoffs.

How do tie-breakers work? Realistically if Legends/Crabs loses to True, then they will be 4-3 as well as the lost of Hawks vs. Next Level. However, Hawks and Next Level both beat Legends, so do they have the head to head tie-breaker? Or is it something else?

Should be interesting and has been a great season to watch! So much parity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do tie-breakers work? Realistically if Legends/Crabs loses to True, then they will be 4-3 as well as the lost of Hawks vs. Next Level. However, Hawks and Next Level both beat Legends, so do they have the head to head tie-breaker? Or is it something else?

With the 1 seed locked up, True will be resting there players giving Legends a great chance to win and eliminating their local rivals out of the playoffs at the same time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should keep your conversation & speculation to yourselves. I’m aware of several holdbacks on FCA’s 28, but don’t know for certain. That would be speculation. I know the Crabs28’s have no double holdbacks. They have 2 boys with early summer birthdays ( they’re still 14)). So technically they have 2 holdbacks.. Those are facts.
This thing called puberty , starts to kick in between 7-9 grade. Your 29 team will look dramatically different next year .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HIs/her whole point about True Ches being regional like none of the other teams in HoCo are regional (add Madlax to the list) is pretty nonsensical.[/quote]

Those teams might have 1 or 2 that put in a long drive. Not half the team! Those parents and kids are driving more than they are playing, add their circuit teams, etc….you guys are some real laxers and should be proud of yourselves. 🤡How many other teams have separate practice locations on the same day in different regions? I am pretty sure all the other teams practice together on the same day, time and place.[/quote]

- The clown picture is a nice selfie.[/quote]

Although we have considered dropping him to the 2030's where he could dominate and collect all of those middle school trophies by beating up on younger kids.[/quote]

Keep telling yourself everybody else does it, your kids believe you now. Let us know what they say in a couple years when they realize their childhood afternoons and weekends are spent in cars. Elite lacrosse and affordable housing does not co-exist. Enjoy the family time and raising your boys sitting in traffic! But hey, your house your rules. I’m sure your sons love your enthusiasm for elite lacrosse.[/quote]

One of my favorite things about this site is folks who just assume and type out their arses to impart their wisdom and take their little jabs. See, you assume that the decision was parental, when it was anything but. The decision was made after his 2029 club team won a tournament against teams made up of 2029/2030's this past summer. He came off the field miserable in the win because, "there was no competition." He asked to move to a different club and we, as a family, laid it out to him about what that would mean (3 hour drives), not having many opportunities to get to know his teammates, etc. He did his try outs, got offered a couple of spots and chose his team, which practices 90 minutes from us.

Will it burn him out? He loves it so far. He loves that the other kids aren't afraid to guard/be guarded by him in practice, can actually catch passes, have decent to high lacrosse IQ, and want to be at practice. And while his current aspirations are D1 (like just about every other middle-schooler), a lot can change in the next 4-5 years. We're not really focused on that mythical bag of money at the end of the lacrosse rainbow. Plus, I enjoy my time with him in the car, when he's not working on homework. So, while you assume that everyone who drives a distance is a hard driving parent who is trying to relive glory through their middle-schooler, you're barking up the wrong tree on this one. My initial post was just an example of why some folks make the decision they make.

And FYI, high-income (READ: less affordable housing) areas don't always = elite level lacrosse, either.

No doubt you'll have some more sick burns in response and I look forward to reading them.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quote
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 7 games

Things noticed this week. The small mistakes that are causing games to be closer than they should be, are still occurring. Shot clock does not really factor into many games. Teams with the ability to be inventive with play are at an advantage. This means coaches and players that can audible on and of the field to disrupt the other team. Predictable play is more apparent as the season has gone on. Good coaching and teachable moments is seen on the side line with most teams. Some coaches still think yelling at players works. The top five are closer then ever making for a great end of season and tournament. There is a race for the bottom three. Officiating can be suspect, but they are the officials.

FCA Vs. Hawks (watched it in it’s entirety…
I want to start to by saying that FCA has improved on the defensive side of the ball and has limited their turnovers over simple mistakes like shot clock and offsides (apparent in the first half). FCA came out strong during the game by setting the tempo of the game to suit their play and their offense. Quickly 2 goals up, FCA had the Hawks on the their heals playing catch up. In typical Hawks fashion they started to come back and stay in the game. FCA was scrappy and playing hard defensively adjusting slightly better then before causing loose balls and picking up some of those ground balls. This had the feeling that FCA had a better than average chance of winning. Hawks was very predictable in their play. Passing the ball around precisely in the same direction to the same position over and over again eventually shooting the ball at the top left of the alley by the same player, There was very little delineation from this approach with a few attempts at goal from behind the crease. You have to give hawks credit for playing the odds that their best shooter would eventually get goals to go. Which in turn causing for a 5-5 tie. FCA’s first half offense was very similar using their strongest two players as their goal production from the top of the alley and the rest of the offense as a supporting cast. By the end of the first half there was a sense of excitement with both teams as it could have gone either way, Enter the second half. The third quarter was sloppy with only one goal being scored by Hawks. Did each team’s sense of energy and solid play stay on the sideline? I guess so. Turnovers galore, over thrown passes, and simply put poor play caused for a lack luster attempt to turning this into an exciting game. Quarter 4 was better for one team and worst for the other. Hawks pulled their stuff together and used their gained turnovers to their advantage scoring 4 goals with 5 minutes left. FCA’s defense was completely lost on everything and the more goals Hawks scored the less they seemed to work to get the ball to the offense. Every attempt FCA tried to clear the ball to their offense to keep them in the game was turned over. I think I counted 2 maybe 3 offensive possessions that came close to starting a run. FCA’s offense was taken out of the game most of the second half keeping them to zero goals and a handful of shots. This game clearly showed how Hawks are a team that has a set and predictable manner of play, that uses solid fundamental stick skills to win games. It demonstrated that FCA has struggled with fundamentals, on field leadership, and the importance on working through adversity when you are down (Mental toughness and Mindset). Next week FCA will see 91. This should be a win for FCA and hopefully they enter tournament season with a win. However 91 seems to be picking up some steam and may upset FCA. Hawks will play Next Level. This should be a battle with the score going either way. If Hawks get goals early, controls their possessions, and has limited mistakes. They win. Question is can they play at the same speed next level plays.

Madlax Vs. TC
This game was exciting with two top tier teams battling it out. Both teams play a a higher tempo than most of the others. The difference in this game was the approach to play. Madlax has a set format for running plays while TC is a bit more of the cuff and able to improvise on the field. TC game out early keeping Madlax at a distance. TC’s defense played well and was able to use their size and defensive IQ to limit the goals for Madlax. As it’s been seen before Madlax play 4 quarters and somehow always stays in games as what happened in this one. Eventually Madlax muscled back to get the tie. TC worked quickly to get the ball back and eventually got the game winner. Both TC and Madlax showed good control of not letting the emotions affect their play. This was a good and fundamental sound. game

Legends Vs Next Level
Another exciting game for these two teams. This game was a game of who makes the least mistakes. While Next Level took the lead on various occasions and at one point seem to pull away. Legends is known for staying in games and consistently driving through adversity. A team with fight and grit. With minutes left legends muscled through Next level to bring the game to one goal. With a minute left Legends regained the ball and fell short of going into over time. This game was a battle between each team and themselves. It could have gone either way. Looking back over the last three season legends has gone from 1-6 to 3-4 to 4-2. Next week Legends will have a battle with TC. This will be another battle but am convinced that with regrouping and the toughness this team brings it will favor them in the game. Next Level plays Hawks. If next Level wants to beat Hawks they cannot make mistakes and be less predictable to keep them on their toes.

Predators Red Vs. Team 91
Well there we go Team 91 got their win. Unfortunately at the cost of the newest member of the elite division. Didn’t watch this game however, I think these two teams are closer than we think. If they were to play 10 time Preds would win about 40%-50% of the time. I’d give the advantage to 91 for sheer experience. I think Preds has more depth on the team where as 91 uses their most skilled exclusively. Next week Preds play Madlax. Would like to see Preds finish off the season strong with a solid showing against Madlax. Team 91 will play FCA. If 91 wants to make a statement about them being ready for elite they need to have a convincing win.

Team 91 Vs. TC
Did TC rest their starters? Where they missing players? What happened? I can imagine that other players where given more playing time being that TC would not lose any ground int he ranking with a lose. If this s the case, good for the coaches for recognizing this and providing players that may not see the field as often the opportunity to play more.

Season Finally predictions

Next Level vs. Annapolis Hawks - Hawks +2
Legends vs. True Chesapeake - Legends +2
FCA vs. Team 91 - FCA +4. Possible Spoiler
Predators vs. Madlax +5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Driving 90min for lacrosse at that age is ridiculous; sorry, your kid ain’t that good. You have him believing he is.
Appreciate the narrative you created however….love some good fiction reading

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the 1 seed locked up, True will be resting there players giving Legends a great chance to win and eliminating their local rivals out of the playoffs at the same time.

By local rivals, do you mean VA, MD or DC? Asking for a friend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By local rivals, do you mean VA, MD or DC? Asking for a friend
You and your friend knows who!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Driving 90min for lacrosse at that age is ridiculous; sorry, your kid ain’t that good. You have him believing he is.

If your kid makes a hoco elite team roster, he’s probably a pretty good lacrosse player. If he’s a starter, he’s even better. It’s the individual family’s choice whether to support that or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know plenty of kids playing in HOCO elite division that aren’t that good, nice try though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts and prayers to Team Chesapeake and #00. Praying for his life and miraculous healing. Let us all be supportive of this player, family, and the entire True Chesapeake family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts and prayers to Team Chesapeake and #00. Praying for his life and miraculous healing. Let us all be supportive of this player, family, and the entire True Chesapeake family.
+1000

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Driving 90 minutes is a lot, but its only a few times a week.

What is ridiculous and on the side of not thinking is, not holding him back. If you are willing to invest 90 minute drive each way for a shot at starting, then do the right thing, Hold Him Back !! You have a great shot of being a future starter in MIAA A and D! prospect doing it and slim to none without.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know plenty of kids playing in HOCO elite division that aren’t that good, nice try though

Ok, AAA dad. Sorry your kid didn't make the big show. Maybe next year if he hits the wall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Praying for #00

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened??
Don’t know, but it would be nice if somebody answered since they posted in the forum about the player. Isn’t that what the lacrosse community is about, to rally around and pray for each other and support each other in the hard times? Don’t know what happened to the player, somebody felt the need to come on here and make this post without elaborating. Hope the kid is OK, hope somebody can shed some light on what happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think since it's so soon it might be respectful to the family not to say much until things are sorted out. I am assuming if there is this much chatter it must be serious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened??
Don’t know, but it would be nice if somebody answered since they posted in the forum about the player. Isn’t that what the lacrosse community is about, to rally around and pray for each other and support each other in the hard times? Don’t know what happened to the player, somebody felt the need to come on here and make this post without elaborating. Hope the kid is OK, hope somebody can shed some light on what happen.

The player was riding his bike and was struck by a car. He was flown to Johns Hopkins and was fighting for his life.

TC notified several of the other Elite Div Teams and I know our coach has organized prayers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened??

The player was riding his bike and was struck by a car. He was flown to Johns Hopkins and was fighting for his life.

TC notified several of the other Elite Div Teams and I know our coach has organized prayers.
Oh no. Saying many prayers for him and his family.

Like Reply Quote
Page 63 of 66 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard