BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts390,997
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2030 Midatlantic Anonymous 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can someone explain to me how 91 made it to the playoffs. it looks like the Clippers had more goals for and less goals Against than 91. I am confused

I think this is the first time that any 91 team made it to the playoffs since the 2025s (one of the best teams in the USA for their age) last played the league in 2021.

That's 5/6 losing teams in 2021
6/6 losing teams in 2022
6/6 losing teams in 2023 (I recall it was a combined record of 7-35 or something gnarly)
5/6 losing teams in 2024, honestly....this projects well for this team. Not so much any other 91 team.

Clippers were probably tired at many games due to excessive photo shoots. The team that instagrams together, stays together!
582 172,860 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
Pretty rough they put Mad Dog and Igloo in the same pool. Hawks got a cakewalk.

Hawks thought they had a cakewalk today until 91 punched them in the mouth.
2,679 597,145 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
And there are 23 on Red and 21 on Yellow. I wonder how that happened.

The real question is how many of the 23 will see the field for more than 5 minutes per game...

Too many kids. They should cut roster to a manageable number. 20 would be good for a full weekend tournie. Cut the last 3 and bump them to yellow.

The real question is how many of the 23 will see the field for more than 5 minutes per game...

Too many kids. They should cut roster to a manageable number. 20 would be good for a full weekend tournie. Cut the last 3 and bump them to yellow.

Trust me from experience. On most teams no more than 16 or 17 get decent minutes unless game is a blowout
1,170 337,367 more...
Re: Boys 2034 Grads - Mid-Atlantic Region Anonymous 1 hour ago
Actually, the child has a qualifying disability under ADA and HOCO, governed by Howard County Parks and Rec, a government agency, refuses accommodations for children with disabilities. The parents had no choice but to choose between not breaking their kids heart and placing them with their graduating class or pulling them off their team. It should be noted the USA Lacrosse guidelines are simply guidelines and accommodations for children with disabilities should be met. It’s a county program. The kid is the smallest on the team and has qualifying disabilites. Shame on HOCO for denying accommodations.

Yeah as a coach, I'm calling BS on this, even though it's always fun to drag ineffective government. It's a county program, yes, and it also happens to be the far-and-way best boys lacrosse league in the entire United States, and Howard County Parks is a nationally recognized agency for the quality and quantity of public access (and ADA inclusive) work they do. I am 100% confident in the 10+ years of the league, they have made, and continue to make, ADA accommodations. As they should!

But an "ADA accommodation" is not "BOOM here's a crisis happening in real time, you must be fair, make the right decision right now!" It's a well-papered process where nobody is entitled to immediate relief, and I think you know that, and it seems like you don't want others to know that. So let's retrace steps.

90% of the problem: Your son's club submitted a roster to HoCo about 5 months ago. Clearly the club understands what the situation with this player is, and had a major responsibility, before the league play began TWO MONTHS AGO to work with HoCo to make proper accommodations. This would have resulted in a paper trail that would have avoided the crisis situation at the championship game. However your son's club did not do this, otherwise a different outcome would have occurred.

Very much trying to be kind to the parents here - it is obvious that the letter of the regulations (the adoption of USL age standards makes it a league rule, not a recommendation), their son was ineligible. Either they assumed that someone else would rectify this with the league (which, I doubt any parent of a differently abled kid is that naive), or someone at their son's club assured them it would be handled....and I'm telling you, clearly it was not handled. Those people who billed you $3K are who you should be upset with here.

I'm 99.9% sure that if the lax club, or this player's parents had gotten on the horn with Ricky DuBois in February, this crisis would have never happened. And if the parents didn't know the name "Ricky DuBois" or his job title, before championship weekend this spring, there's a bunch of balls that got dropped. Seriously how do you end up on championship day with a clearly (by the letter of the rules) ineligible player, and nobody has any kind of paperwork or PDF on their phone verifying it was handled with HoCo, and the age requirement was waived for this extremely valid case? Seriously how did the adults in charge of this young man's sports play let that happen.

Please understand: To parents who have been around club sports awhile, while this sounds like a very legit situation, it sounds like so many other very non-legit situations of roster violations.

if you spend some time in the 2026-2029 message threads on BOTC, you will see example after example of DMV's slimiest and creepiest club coaches "accidentally" getting busted for showing up with as many as 9 ineligible players at a Hoco game, and as many as 5 at a Hoco playoff game, and what is their sob story in 100% of cases?

We tried to call HoCo, shucks, there is no record of those calls on our phones.
They didn't accommodate us and it was unfair.
We are sure we submitted some paperwork but no we don't have a sent email, a PDF, or a print out of it to show anybody. Is that OK?
We emailed HoCo but I must have deleted my sent files.
HoCo says they never talked to us but just because there's no written or digital evidence, they are lying and unfair.
They left us no choice.
The boys are heartbroken (they love this one the most, like, the local NXT B-team players heart broken because they couldn't ride the bench so 6 players flown in from Texas this morning could play, who nobody even tried to get placed on the roster).

And the other classic..........Shame on Hoco for not following their own rules.

How many years do we have to hear the same nonsense from the same coaches and club directors. And yes even in this case, it's one of the perennial "misunderstood" violators of Hoco club roster rules, so excuse the cynicism of others on this board.
8 2,076 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC)
Re: Girls High School Lax Anonymous 1 hour ago
Dang I thought Pequa over WM was big upset and then WI takes down GC! Great job by all the girls playing today.
8,681 3,159,554 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 2 hours ago
In my opinion, if your son is on Mooselax white, there maybe better options worth exploring
1,034 208,372 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous 2 hours ago
Parents, prepare to hear from your friends…. My son is just helping out the chucks orange team today, the struggle is real

Orange didn’t do so hot without Chuck’s players helping them this weekend

enter the 2027 express kids. Shameless

From what I noticed there were 2 kids with #3 jersey, 2 kids with #44 jersey, 2 kids with #88 jersey.
5 kids with white or non black express helmets
One kid blatantly wearing St Anthony helmet
2028 black chucks were in DE so they use 2027 kids
How many actual 28 orange kids????
Igloo robbed of fair chance at championship.

Robbed? How? Or you just assuming the
688 155,040 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 2 hours ago
22 field players on the Red team with the addition of the coppermine girl who didn’t make call backs and the hero’s girl with coach connections who are both on red. Confirmed.
How is anything confirmed???? Please show us your proof annything in the way of phone calls to get kids in teams is confirmed. You can’t because the proof doesn’t exsist because it didn’t happen. Are you basing this on when some girls were dismissed early? There was ONE round of cut and final rosters weren’t final until evaluators could meet and make teams. You have no idea what you are talking about and it’s reckless.
1,170 337,367 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 2 hours ago
Topic of discussion - Now that we are entering Tournament season. (Scenario - Average middle of the road tournament.) Does a coach play it's best players to run the table and win every game or does a coach provide 2nd tier players more playing time with the chance to lose/tie games but still make a good run to the championship? Open to thoughtful discussions.

IMO, I think providing players that might not get a lot of PT chances is good in tournaments where they might be able to get challenged even if games are closer then they should be or even lose. Running the table in middle of the road tournaments does little to better top players and nothing for players not seeing playing time.

Valid question. As a coach/parent/player, I think that fall tournaments are for playing time and summer tournaments are for showcasing the club and team. The objective is to get to 12-3 or 9-0 and then, absolutely, use your 2nd and 3rd line. But if I'm coaching a tournament and we're down a point, I'm making sure the team has the best chance to win. And if we're losing badly, our starters need the PT apparently. Once they're gassed and we've basically given up, yes, play everybody.

Honestly it does not matter what level of tournament it is. Your coaches should be entering your sons into tournaments that are APPROPRIATE for their skill level. If they are going 5-0 at an event with no goal differential less than 5, that is the wrong event. Same thing for going 1-4 or 0-5 at an event. Hold your clubs accountable for that nonsense.

And one final note about all of the above, one of the densest things in youth lax these days is B-teams (at any level) bringing down players from their A teams for tournaments. STOP IT. FCA (not this age group), True (every team, every age group), Team Maryland, NXT, Dukes Elite, the list goes on and on. Your B-team players paid their club dues. Let them play in their Single A or B level tournaments. If your elite level son is on an A-team or AA team and gets the invite to play down, really think about if that's doing anything positive for your son, except letting him collect another Aloha medal in the B bracket when he's worked incredibly hard to NOT be a B bracket player.
2,679 597,145 more...
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 2 hours ago
Team Ten should come down to Naptown again and get some south of the Mason Dixon hospitality. Hand you a couple of quick losses to DC Express and Crabs again this summer. Like the other commenter said wins and losses dont matter at this age, but some of us hill billies do remember scores.Oh,and dont forget that summer Hawks loss too. Bless your hearts.
Yeah! What he said!

Best of luck to all players on all those teams. All of those teams have great players that should do well at the next level wherever they decide to play. However, do not act as though you are not competitive by saying wins and losses don't matter at this age. That is a saying losers use to cope. Winning is still fun and of course developing your skills are important too so you do well at the college level. Both are true at the same time.

Former HS varsity head coach here. If your goal during your son’s recruiting summer is for him to get seen and recruited then don’t worry about wins and losses so much. Being on the field should be the main priority. If your son is getting plenty of playing time AND the team is winning, that is gravy because that means more games he will be seen in during the championship bracket games. But being a bench player this summer on a winning team won’t do a thing for him. And make sure he emails head and assistant college coaches that he’s been focusing on a few weeks prior to the tourney to let them know where he will playing. A good club director and HS head coach should also be reaching out to these coaches on his behalf assuming that your son’s list is appropriate for him both academically and athletically. If D3 is the focus then this summer is not nearly as important because those coaches are still mainly focused on 2025s this summer. But it get hurt to get on their radar now of course. Fall and winter will be much more important for 2026 D3 kids. Good luck!

👆
10,687 2,346,035 more...
Re: Girls High School Lax Anonymous 2 hours ago
Goalies were amazing on both sides. Congratulations to both teams!
8,681 3,159,554 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 11:14 PM

1,170 337,367 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 11:02 PM
I cant wait till next year for fall ball when you hear the over 120 kids are on the rosters for CHC, Loyola, Spalding and the roster for Varsity is over 40 at school. This means your 28 is going to better than a 27, 26 or 25 in order to make Varsity but you're complaining about holdbacks. Humble pie is coming just giving out the warning now

and yes junior will play JV ball - so getting ready to compete

The problem with this theory is in high school at least the younger players have older players on their team. Whereas these teams that are true 28’s do not have older players helping their team. So when cheaters cheat and have older players on their team and beat true 28’s then brag about being the best, ya look silly. Follow Biff?
10,720 2,202,207 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 10:35 PM
Parents, prepare to hear from your friends…. My son is just helping out the chucks orange team today, the struggle is real

From what I noticed there were 2 kids with #3 jersey, 2 kids with #44 jersey, 2 kids with #88 jersey.
5 kids with white or non black express helmets
One kid blatantly wearing St Anthony helmet
2028 black chucks were in DE so they use 2027 kids
How many actual 28 orange kids????
Igloo robbed of fair chance at championship.
688 155,040 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 10:14 PM
How did the 2032 Long Island teams do at the NLF summer kickoff in Delaware today?
391 76,883 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 10:12 PM
That wasn’t a very nice comment about the NE Selects. Nice LI kids who worked hard and played well as a team. Are you ok?
391 76,883 more...
Re: Girls High School Lax baldbear Yesterday at 09:25 PM
Great LI Championship Class A today.
8,681 3,159,554 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 09:08 PM
Agree. By this age tryouts are mostly a waste for top teams and rosters are 90 percent or more set. Most top clubs will have a few select positions they may want upgrade. So if your son doesn’t play those positions the tryout fee is a donation. Typically the clubs know who they want and are actively recruiting. If they aren’t reaching out to you proactively you have a low chance. So even if you try out for a position they have a gap it’s very rare and unknown quantity gets picked up. Joining a practice before tryout is always a good move as you can be seen and evaluated and perhaps get done individual feedback. Good luck.

Even if they are proactively seeking you it doesn't mean much. It's part of the game all clubs play. Get a kid to leave one club with promises of playing time, fame and glory. Just to bench him.
Look at what express did last year taken on all those kids..... Most of the newbies play on the orange team ........

Newbies on bench behind chucks players or 2027 players.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
688 155,040 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 09:03 PM

1,170 337,367 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 09:02 PM
Question about tryouts... how many of the "better" teams will actually take on good players who tryout or do the better teams (ie Express, 91) have a tight, buttoned up roster? Is it worth it to tryout if you think your son can handle that level of lacrosse? Or is just a way for them to take your money?

Express/91 is going to be weird …. They will start flying in players next few years. So unless your kid is a student! There are better options. Rebels/True Blue/ BTB/ legacy

Most important thing to ask about is roster size and who and how committed is the coach.

You can ask, they will lie and tell you what you want to hear. You need to talk to parents on the teams to figure all of that out.
688 155,040 more...
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 09:00 PM
Summer Genesis - Carolina Division (Top Division)

ACES Elite
Alliance National
Eagle Stix
Florida Select
Heros
LXC
Jesters
M&D
NXT
Philly Blast
Triple Threat Elite
Yellow Jackets

A lot of good competition in the Carolina division

Top YJ team isn't playing Summer Genesis - that is YJN. Still a stacked division though.

Stacked but with only 4 games, you only play 1/3 of the teams in division so its irrelevant.
Who is LXC?

Alliance National finally getting to play someone in the top-15? I guess these National teams aren't going away.

Laxachusettes. Probably a 25-40 ranked club.
228 49,772 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 08:58 PM

688 155,040 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 08:50 PM
Topic of discussion - Now that we are entering Tournament season. (Scenario - Average middle of the road tournament.) Does a coach play it's best players to run the table and win every game or does a coach provide 2nd tier players more playing time with the chance to lose/tie games but still make a good run to the championship? Open to thoughtful discussions.

IMO, I think providing players that might not get a lot of PT chances is good in tournaments where they might be able to get challenged even if games are closer then they should be or even lose. Running the table in middle of the road tournaments does little to better top players and nothing for players not seeing playing time.
2,679 597,145 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous Yesterday at 08:37 PM
Big 4 HHH ‘28 went 0-3 losing 0-18, 1-15, 0-16. No teams at 29 or 30. This is what people think the best club in Philadelphia is?

BM is gonna have to turn over that whole ‘28 roster to keep his recruiting numbers up. I hope those poor parents wake up and realize how the next few weeks are gonna go for them.
3,398 1,085,359 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous Yesterday at 08:02 PM
Move a few miles south to Howard County and you have Marriotts Ridge and Glenelg

And it cost twice as much… but I’m guessing I’ll be blasted for saying that on this pretentious forum.

Well you would deserve it. Cost is not an issue with most schools discussed here. We prefer it that way. There are other sports for the less fortunate.

and this is why I am glad my kids go to public school- where people dont make comments like that.

As am I. It is the right fit for you. I on the other hand , prefer Private. Not a troll at all, just telling the truth.
5,422 1,489,657 more...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
4 members (BiggLax, Anonymous 1, abowden, 1 invisible), 4,356 guests, and 6,595 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod