BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,623
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 256 of 264 1 2 254 255 256 257 258 263 264
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
HoCo should not punish FCA or ban them from playoffs. That is unfair to kids. FCA as an organization should take action, do the right thing, and hold their own coaches accountable in a way that sends a strong message to their entire program - kids, coaches, and families. I'm sure the big FCA kid who cross checked opponent's head to end game is a good kid. And no, his coach didn't tell him to that, but the FCA players got the message watching the old coach chirp. And the illegal hit got positive reinforcement from the bearded assistant coach in glasses who claps it up for the takeout hit to the opponent's head (1:33:50). That's nothing to cheer about. Would he clap if one of his kids was hit in the head like that? All these players are impressionable children with developing brains and they need better leadership from grownups. FCA coaches should reflect on what they did, why they did it, and how it should never happen again. Good people can make bad decisions. But there needs to be real accountability or there won't be any real change. And hopefully the FCA kid is ok, that is far more important than any silly game or playoff.

I am aligned with you, especially hoping the FCA kid is ok. But I do think the team should be banned, because we all know that the games and playoffs are not "silly," it is the only way to get everyone's attention that this is serious. the kids will survive missing a few games.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Behaviour not permitted
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the FCA vs DCE game watching because my son was playing in the next game and was warming up. I was also standing in the FCA goalie endzone, so I saw and heard everything. It wasn't the refs or the FCA coach who first called the game, it WAS the DCE coach after the FCA player targeted the DCE kid who was bent over for the ground ball at the end of the video. The video cuts out, but there was far more celebration by the FCA players after the hit. Complete fools, and if that's one of your kids, you are an even BIGGER fool for not teaching them better. I wish the video didn't cut out so every kid and parent (as well as HOCO officials) could see who they were. I've never seen such bad sportsmanship from a team or coach in all my years and I have been around this sport for a long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the FCA vs DCE game watching because my son was playing in the next game and was warming up. I was also standing in the FCA goalie endzone, so I saw and heard everything. It wasn't the refs or the FCA coach who first called the game, it WAS the DCE coach after the FCA player targeted the DCE kid who was bent over for the ground ball at the end of the video. The video cuts out, but there was far more celebration by the FCA players after the hit. Complete fools, and if that's one of your kids, you are an even BIGGER fool for not teaching them better. I wish the video didn't cut out so every kid and parent (as well as HOCO officials) could see who they were. I've never seen such bad sportsmanship from a team or coach in all my years and I have been around this sport for a long time.

Absolutely disgusting behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA coach will have nothing happen to him. He has his hands and $$$ in to many things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA coach will have nothing happen to him. He has his hands and $$$ in to many things.

What’s his name?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, it seems more and more like they are a fellowship of not really that Christian athletes, but FNRTCA doesn’t roll of the tongue or fit on helmets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo should not punish FCA or ban them from playoffs. That is unfair to kids. FCA as an organization should take action, do the right thing, and hold their own coaches accountable in a way that sends a strong message to their entire program - kids, coaches, and families. I'm sure the big FCA kid who cross checked opponent's head to end game is a good kid. And no, his coach didn't tell him to that, but the FCA players got the message watching the old coach chirp. And the illegal hit got positive reinforcement from the bearded assistant coach in glasses who claps it up for the takeout hit to the opponent's head (1:33:50). That's nothing to cheer about. Would he clap if one of his kids was hit in the head like that? All these players are impressionable children with developing brains and they need better leadership from grownups. FCA coaches should reflect on what they did, why they did it, and how it should never happen again. Good people can make bad decisions. But there needs to be real accountability or there won't be any real change. And hopefully the FCA kid is ok, that is far more important than any silly game or playoff.

Just watched the video, did any of the coaches even tend to the poor kid after he was sent out not once but a second time but that second time before taking the face off it was finally acknowledged that he was not ok? I did not see any of the coaches even tending to him until the end…..or am I wrong? I know after the initial hit before he was sent back out I saw all coaches just watching the game and still coaching, did anyone even check him before he was sent back out? Or before attempting to send him out a second time? such a disappointment in coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just watched the video, did any of the coaches even tend to the poor kid after he was sent out not once but a second time but that second time before taking the face off it was finally acknowledged that he was not ok? I did not see any of the coaches even tending to him until the end…..or am I wrong? I know after the initial hit before he was sent back out I saw all coaches just watching the game and still coaching, did anyone even check him before he was sent back out? Or before attempting to send him out a second time? such a disappointment in coaching.

It doesn’t sound like anyone did. I don’t agree the team should be punished but the coach should certainly be reprimanded. What kind of example are we setting if we don’t hold adults (especially those that work with children) accountable for neglect and dangerous choices. These are children! Doesn’t matter if they are triple holdbacks or how obnoxious some of the dads are. It doesn’t really matter which team was responsible for the initial injury. The one thing we should all unanimously agree with is prioritizing safety of the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s his name?
[quote=Anonymous]FCA coach will have nothing happen to him. He has his hands and $$$ in to many things.

Coach Kelly I believe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The boys are boys. The coaches are adults. And the FCA coaching staff was way out of line putting him back in. Negligent at best and most likely abusive. While it’s the most egregious we’ve seen at this age level, can’t say it’s the only time we have seen an Elite coach be negligent or even abusive through the years. Way to go bros.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Déclassé.

Not a surprise.

FCA stands for Fake Christian Athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The worst part of the whole sad situation is the FCA parents on this thread defending the coaches, lobbing pot shots at DCE and snotty remarks about MadLax (who had nothing to do with this). What an awful bunch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The worst part of the whole sad situation is the FCA parents on this thread defending the coaches, lobbing pot shots at DCE and snotty remarks about MadLax (who had nothing to do with this). What an awful bunch.

I think it's just one guy posting that nonsense, not sure he represents all the parents on that team, although I wouldn't be surprised if he were actually on the FCA 2028 staff the way he's been digging his heels in. I was at the game, both team were giving as good as they were getting, but that's beside the point. Only one team's coaches returned a player who was clearly suspected of being concussed to the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am aligned with you, especially hoping the FCA kid is ok. But I do think the team should be banned, because we all know that the games and playoffs are not "silly," it is the only way to get everyone's attention that this is serious. the kids will survive missing a few games.

Having just watched the video— it’s pretty disappointing the way these FCA coaches were cheering on their kids, particularly #3, as they were head hunting on that last play. He crushed a defenseless player down for a ground ball, who appears to be pretty small in size— could have led to another seriously injured player. Brian Kelly should be really embarrassed for himself and his sideline, especially considering he’s responsible for putting his injured/concussed player back on the field because the game got close. Good for the DCE coach calling the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having just watched the video— it’s pretty disappointing the way these FCA coaches were cheering on their kids, particularly #3, as they were head hunting on that last play. He crushed a defenseless player down for a ground ball, who appears to be pretty small in size— could have led to another seriously injured player. Brian Kelly should be really embarrassed for himself and his sideline, especially considering he’s responsible for putting his injured/concussed player back on the field because the game got close. Good for the DCE coach calling the game.

Its not Brian Kelly - its Brendan Kelly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not productive to call out people's names here and not sure that is person responsible in this case. The larger issue is FCA has a clear safety problem within their program and they are probably not the only ones. This is what is wrong with lax culture and FCA as a program and HoCo as a league must do more to stop this or it will continue to happen. And yeah, the one FCA poster on here trying to defend and deflect is embarrassing but that is not representative of all FCA parents. I'm sure everyone is concerned for the kid and they are hopefully having serious, internal conversations as a group. My guess is parents are having face to face discussions with the coaches themselves and club leadership.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched everything although my son had a later game and i was just taking in the game while he was with his friends.

A physician parent for a DCE player tended to the FCA kid until the ambulance(s) arrived. They are darn lucky said parent was there because the kid had been laying on the ground motionless for a while as the game went on. FCA coach and player behavior is very bizarre. Through the years they have always been a solid squad to play. Bunch of losers now from what I saw. I'd clean that up before recruiting season comes along in a few years because college coaches would write off a kid over behavior in about 2 seconds. None of these boys are that special. There are too many other options. Parents need to put pressure on their kids and the coach that gets paid well to show some sportsmanship. And don't think parents and kids won't do certain players dirty with college prospects. There is too much video, pics and forums like these that damage kids badly. It happens all the time.

Sincerely a parent of a D1 girl and D3 boy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Déclassé.

Not a surprise.

Someone should have asked "What would Jesus do?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it's just one guy posting that nonsense, not sure he represents all the parents on that team, although I wouldn't be surprised if he were actually on the FCA 2028 staff the way he's been digging his heels in. I was at the game, both team were giving as good as they were getting, but that's beside the point. Only one team's coaches returned a player who was clearly suspected of being concussed to the game.

yes, and the other problem for FCA is the way all the kids rushed to celebrate and congratulate #3 on the dirty hit, as if he had scored a big goal, when their own teammate was lying on the ground in a potentially serious condition. that tells you all you need to know about their team culture and the values of the coaches and parents teach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disgusting but more concerning is that although we signed a concussion waiver that we won't sue HoCo, there is no protocol and nothing was done. We all assume we are signing so we won't sue but we also expect a protocol as most bell rings present differently after a few hours. If you have a kid who has been through a concussion, you know they all look different. It doesn't matter if he/she says they are ok when asked. It's not up to them! You are the responsible Coach and officials. I'm curious how the league responded and more importantly, if the FCA and DCE players are ok. The FCA Coach and program should review the hits and the play and address why players returned to the game. in football, the coach and targeting player are suspended for at least 1 game. There is zero tolerance for this avoidable behavior. Complaining about coaches and reclass is ridiculous in itself, but there should be no support of the FCA coach or player who targeted the DCE player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Disgusting but more concerning is that although we signed a concussion waiver that we won't sue HoCo, there is no protocol and nothing was done. We all assume we are signing so we won't sue but we also expect a protocol as most bell rings present differently after a few hours. If you have a kid who has been through a concussion, you know they all look different. It doesn't matter if he/she says they are ok when asked. It's not up to them! You are the responsible Coach and officials. I'm curious how the league responded and more importantly, if the FCA and DCE players are ok. The FCA Coach and program should review the hits and the play and address why players returned to the game. in football, the coach and targeting player are suspended for at least 1 game. There is zero tolerance for this avoidable behavior. Complaining about coaches and reclass is ridiculous in itself, but there should be no support of the FCA coach or player who targeted the DCE player.

Or put his own concussed player back into the game. It is odd that HOCO doesn't seem to have any concussion protocols in place, and you are absolutely correct that every football league does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Déclassé.

Not a surprise.

Someone should have asked "What would Jesus do?"

He would have followed the orders of John the Baptist to get back on that dot since we are only up by 5 goals !?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have never… EVER…. read such consensus on BOTC. My question is, does the HoCo league even KNOW about this entire exchange that occurred on the field? The video is very damning. I’m not party to this game, don’t have a kid involved— otherwise, I’d be inclined to say something to HoCo officials. Maybe I should feel greater obligation to do so, considering it could be my kid next week. Frankly, I wouldn’t know who to contact, but hopefully some members of either DCE or FCA teams will ask / have asked them to review.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have never… EVER…. read such consensus on BOTC. My question is, does the HoCo league even KNOW about this entire exchange that occurred on the field? The video is very damning. I’m not party to this game, don’t have a kid involved— otherwise, I’d be inclined to say something to HoCo officials. Maybe I should feel greater obligation to do so, considering it could be my kid next week. Frankly, I wouldn’t know who to contact, but hopefully some members of either DCE or FCA teams will ask / have asked them to review.

FCA isn't going to turn themselves in, but shame on the DCE coaches and directors, and on the game officials, if they do not educate the HoCo leadership on what happened. The defense of FCA coaches is that they made bad decisions because they were caught in the emotion and adrenaline of the game. But if other adults have have time to think it over and decide this is no big deal, that is even more disturbing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco needs to take this league more seriously. Past few years have been downhill on the admin end of things. Last year there were 2 back to back games with serious injuries that required paramedics to be called. It was then that we discovered that Hoco does not have nor do they plan on having any training or medical staff present. This was at Troy where at any given time you have 4 games going on at the same time. Seems to me that they should be legally responsible for having at least 1 trainer at each park. Lord knows they are bringing in enough money from this league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ricky DuBois, 410-313-4706 or rdubois@howardcountymd.gov

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s easy to find contact info and a phone number on the GHCLC website. Howard country parks and rec runs it. I don’t know RD at all…. Wonder if he or anyone else that is involved in administering the league is on BOTC and seeing the chatter. I would find it very unbelievable that there isn’t awareness of the issues whether from here or elsewhere. I don’t know the league disciplinary rules well but it would be really disconcerting if there is no disciplinary action against at the FCA coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA went 1-23 at faceoff dot the following game without injured kid who was hung out to dry by Coach Kilmer. Bet that coach is sorry now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA went 1-23 at faceoff dot the following game without injured kid who was hung out to dry by Coach Kilmer. Bet that coach is sorry now.

False, the 91 fogo might have won the clamp 23 of 24 times, but FCA blocked his exit and shut off everyone so 91 did not control the ball anywhere near that consistently. In the second half the 91 fogo got smart and started passing back to their goalie, so the second half percetage was way higher than the first. Over the whole game I’d estimate 91 controlled the ball 70-75 percent of face offs but nowhere near 23 of 24.
Sorry to interrupt the flow of emotion with talk about lacrosse but I had to chime in and keep it real!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, hopefully FCA player is Ok.

Maybe some predictions for this weekend to lighten the mood:

Crabs 14, FCA 4. Assuming the FCA FOGO is still out and on his way to recovery… Crabs will dominate possession and score at will. FCA will struggle mightily as they did against team 91 without perhaps the best FOGO in HoCo.

Hawks 13, NL 5. Hawks are clicking, and they match up well with NL. NL has won the games they should, and have gotten blown out in tougher games. I think they get blown out. They lack real firepower on Offense, and they depend heavily on their goalie. But the Hawks will break through and score a bunch.

DCE 13, Team Money 5. Team Money is in the wrong end of the pool in Elite Division. DCE may finally have a chance at the FOGO dot and actually get some possessions. They will likely play their entire roster if they get up, so the result won’t be as bad as it might be, but an 8 goal differential is my guess.

Upset Alert: Team 91 7, Madlax 5. Good goalie matchup, but Team 91 coming off a strong game against FCA. Some of ML flyins won’t post, and 91 has a very good FOGO to offset the Madlax FOGO from Michigan. Madlax will get caught looking ahead to their Toilet Bowl game against DCE next weekend, the 91 goalie will out duel the ML goalie, and 91 spoils their weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

False, the 91 fogo might have won the clamp 23 of 24 times, but FCA blocked his exit and shut off everyone so 91 did not control the ball anywhere near that consistently. In the second half the 91 fogo got smart and started passing back to their goalie, so the second half percetage was way higher than the first. Over the whole game I’d estimate 91 controlled the ball 70-75 percent of face offs but nowhere near 23 of 24.
Sorry to interrupt the flow of emotion with talk about lacrosse but I had to chime in and keep it real!

Kinda losing the narrative aren’t ya my guy? Though that would explain why a kid with traumatic brain injury was put back in a game bc, you know, 70-75 FO percentage and all that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kinda losing the narrative aren’t ya my guy? Though that would explain why a kid with traumatic brain injury was put back in a game bc, you know, 70-75 FO percentage and all that.

No, I was talking about the game the following week when the player with the concussion was thankfully held out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed on the narrative, but FCA parent also losing on the facts. Team 91 FOGO (#0), who used to play for FCA, won every single f/o in 1st half except the opener. There was no f/o to start 2nd quarter due to a penalty. FCA tried putting long stick (#26) at the dot and it didn’t work. There was no f/o in OT due to penalty called at end of regulation. FCA went 1-22 on faceoffs for the day. Wanna ask me how I know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs 14, FCA 4. Assuming the FCA FOGO is still out and on his way to recovery… Crabs will dominate possession and score at will. FCA will struggle mightily as they did against team 91 without perhaps the best FOGO in HoCo.

Hawks 13, NL 5. Hawks are clicking, and they match up well with NL. NL has won the games they should, and have gotten blown out in tougher games. I think they get blown out. They lack real firepower on Offense, and they depend heavily on their goalie. But the Hawks will break through and score a bunch.

DCE 13, Team Money 5. Team Money is in the wrong end of the pool in Elite Division. DCE may finally have a chance at the FOGO dot and actually get some possessions. They will likely play their entire roster if they get up, so the result won’t be as bad as it might be, but an 8 goal differential is my guess.

Upset Alert: Team 91 7, Madlax 5. Good goalie matchup, but Team 91 coming off a strong game against FCA. Some of ML flyins won’t post, and 91 has a very good FOGO to offset the Madlax FOGO from Michigan. Madlax will get caught looking ahead to their Toilet Bowl game against DCE next weekend, the 91 goalie will out duel the ML goalie, and 91 spoils their weekend

I think what you wrote is likely. Three observations:

1. Team Money. I’ve seen parts of most of team money’s games and it’s clear they don’t belong in the Elite division. That team has no more that two elite players. I don’t know who thought they belonged here but they were wrong. I don’t think it serves anyone to have such an underpowered team in the division. Do better HOCO.

2. The ML/Team 91 could very well be an upset. Everything will depend on who shows up. However, I think it Is more likely that it will be a Madlax blowout. Embarrassed CM keeps his starters in for most of the game and urges his team to score meaningless goals in the fourth quarter. It will be interesting to find out the result.

3. At this point, I think we can call it. There are only two elite teams in Maryland, Virginia, and DC the Hawks and the crabs. They are miles ahead of everyone else. An interesting question for the group is what does that mean for the stability and college recruiting for all the other teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very clearly posted by the 91 FOGO dad, whose son left FCA Blue after not getting reps last year as their #2 FOGO. Honestly, a very good move for the new 91 kid (gotta have reps), but I don't think you want to get too in the weeds with 91's stats my guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed on the narrative, but FCA parent also losing on the facts. Team 91 FOGO (#0), who used to play for FCA, won every single f/o in 1st half except the opener. There was no f/o to start 2nd quarter due to a penalty. FCA tried putting long stick (#26) at the dot and it didn’t work. There was no f/o in OT due to penalty called at end of regulation. FCA went 1-22 on faceoffs for the day. Wanna ask me how I know?

Team 91 fo dad is special! He is elite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very clearly posted by the 91 FOGO dad, whose son left FCA Blue after not getting reps last year as their #2 FOGO. Honestly, a very good move for the new 91 kid (gotta have reps), but I don't think you want to get too in the weeds with 91's stats my guy.

agree it's not cool to post your kids' stats and out yourself on BOTC - but the guy does have a good point that the FCA coaches were not only reprehensible to send out a concussed player to continue taking face offs, they were also extremely foolish to let the second fogo get away when they had two good ones on the roster. The 91 game proved that FCA has nobody capable of taking face offs at the elite level other than the player with the concussion. at this level a team should have two starting fogos plus a third as a backup who takes practice reps and is ready if needed. at least four of the seven teams in the HoCo elite division (not even counting money) have only one or fewer good fogos - FCA, 91, DCE, and Next Level. that is a major weakness on each of those teams if they expect to compete with top 25 national teams during HS, and worse, a safety issue if coaches are so desperate that they will lean on someone who is injured in a close game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think what you wrote is likely. Three observations:

1. Team Money. I’ve seen parts of most of team money’s games and it’s clear they don’t belong in the Elite division. That team has no more that two elite players. I don’t know who thought they belonged here but they were wrong. I don’t think it serves anyone to have such an underpowered team in the division. Do better HOCO.

2. The ML/Team 91 could very well be an upset. Everything will depend on who shows up. However, I think it Is more likely that it will be a Madlax blowout. Embarrassed CM keeps his starters in for most of the game and urges his team to score meaningless goals in the fourth quarter. It will be interesting to find out the result.

3. At this point, I think we can call it. There are only two elite teams in Maryland, Virginia, and DC the Hawks and the crabs. They are miles ahead of everyone else. An interesting question for the group is what does that mean for the stability and college recruiting for all the other teams?

Agree with all three points, but no. 2 is worth a deeper dive. Last week Madlax was so bad that the Hawks got to 15-1 and then stopped shooting out of mercy. the game was an utter waste of time for both teams. In contrast when the Hawks played 91, the final was 11-3, certainly not close, but both teams played hard until the end and it was an 8 goal margin, not 14+. But you are saying that MadLax potentially has enough talent on a good day that it could run up unlimited goals on a whim against 91, a team with two good goalies and a good fogo? If MadLax varies that much from one week to the next, it tells me they have become like Red Hots with a stable of 40-50 players on its roster and each week they are a completely different team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo coaches need better concussion training. A concussed player was sent back in the game and things clearly got worse from there. When kids take significant blows to the head they should come out of the game for assessment and coaches should err on side of caution before subbing them back in. These games are meaningless fun but concussion impacts can be serious and last a lifetime. It shouldn't take a kid lying on the ground, puking, or not knowing where he is to diagnose a concussion. Hope coaches and the league will do better for the kids going forward.

Did this happen this weekend? That is terrible.

It happened last week to the FCA fogo. Their coaching staff has many decades of experience and should know better. I hope the player is ok.
I was there… the play where the kid was injured did not appear to be much contact. Next thing we know, he’s on the sideline and they’re calling for a doctor while the game is still joking on (about 3 min left). Couldn’t understand why the refs didn’t immediately call the game, it took them about 5 min to realize what was happening on the sideline. Tough to blame coaches, I’m sure the last thing they’d have done is send a kid out who’s at risk, and the game was already well decided.

It's all on video clear as day: Kid is slashed in back of head by his own teammate who is going for ground ball. Force of the slash drives FCA player's head into turf. Kid has trouble getting up and holds his head in pain. Cameraman in crow's nest immediately calls out: "He is concussed." Refs stop game. No flag because he was slashed by his own teammate. Coaches take him out. At that point system worked. Next step should have been a grownup telling him he's done for the day. But score had gone from 9-1 to 9-6. Game got tighter. 'Old school' lax culture takes over and FCA sends FOGO back out with his 'bell rung' despite clear concussion symptoms. Someone on FCA sideline should have spoken up. Instead, grownups let that kid down. And FCA coach (assistant?) owes DCE coach an apology for chirping and saying "Good job! Hope you feel good about this" (gesturing to hurt FOGO in distress as people start calling for an ambulance). The FCA coach escalated tensions and game got chippier. Game called after dirty hit by FCA player who cross checked the head of DCE kid half his size. FCA sideline cheered wildly as DCE kid is injured. Again, it is all on tape. Hope HoCo reviews and takes action to prevent future incidents.

You clearly weren’t there and clearly aren’t involved. you’re not even half right about the initial hit, I’m sure you mean well and appreciate your concern but you don’t have a clue.

just watched the film and this looks completely accurate to me. what did you see differently?

He was hit in the head by the DCE player’s shoulder before the stick to the head. It is obvious when you watch it slowly.

You can see why the keyboard jockeys would see it differently but it was clear in the game and if you slow the video down you see there too.

It really doesn’t matter either way, the people spreading misinfo on this board never seem to apologize.

The cause of the first impact to the FOGO's head is not the issue. nobody is blaming the DCE or FCA player for that. the criticisms of FCA are:

1. multiple, experienced coaches sending the player back into the game
2. The white haired coach taunting the DCE bench
3. FCA #3's hit to the DCE players' head that caused the refs to stop the game.

can we agree that all three of those things happened, and that all three are regrettable?

1. coaches got this WRONG
2. coach is WRONG
3. last play was culmination of game/hits, especially that last melee starting with the ride/clear

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo coaches need better concussion training. A concussed player was sent back in the game and things clearly got worse from there. When kids take significant blows to the head they should come out of the game for assessment and coaches should err on side of caution before subbing them back in. These games are meaningless fun but concussion impacts can be serious and last a lifetime. It shouldn't take a kid lying on the ground, puking, or not knowing where he is to diagnose a concussion. Hope coaches and the league will do better for the kids going forward.

What is your suggestion???

Like Reply Quote
Page 256 of 264 1 2 254 255 256 257 258 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard