BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24
Re: Boys 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
91 didn’t cheat. The tournament organizers provided permission for 91 to use a player that has been with its club for several years and aside from his talent is a great young man and teammate. It can be argued that if they were given an exemption to a specific eligibility rule, then other teams should have also received the same benefit or courtesy. Another argument can be made that several teams may not required an exemption and may have faced a tougher opponent and but for the exemption may have beaten 91.
To be fair to 91 although I agree with most of your statement they didn’t have the most challenging bracket but that’s a whole different discussion. Even without the exception they would have probably finished with the same result.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the Rebels I believe this is the first team they have ever had qualify Big step for them as a program Only advice, be humble and let the kids enjoy the experience Winning the WS is a pipe dream for this group, so let the kids have fun and cut out all the bs hype and posts.

I agree with what your saying. But their 2025 team did qualify when it was the old WSYL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So 91 cheated. They just received permission to cheat the rest of the field. Ridiculous. The World Series has rules and they throw them out as soon as 91 asks. 91 should be embarrassed but some people are so blinded by the need to win at all costs that they lose the ability to feel embarrassed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey 91 Coach or Parent - you used a player who is valuable to your team but otherwise not eligible to play whether prior or current address. Stay quiet and humble because your organization receives favors and rule bending not enjoyed by any others.

I wonder how the boy that got benched for the illegal player feels. Probably the polar opposite of how the kid who didn’t qualify feels. Great for team morale. There are other options, your kid doesn’t need to stick around on a team that doesn’t value him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LWSC is clearly compromised. The kowtowing to the location change is exhibit A. The discrepancies in the talent pools in the North qualifiers were obvious. Even the officiating was suspicious. Talking to a colleague who is a Predators dad and they got by 2way because of two disallowed goals for inadvertent whistles. The organizers knows everyone hates them for last year. I’m sure there was some other quirky stuff going on. They can’t have this event without full LI buy in.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LWSC is clearly compromised. The kowtowing to the location change is exhibit A. The discrepancies in the talent pools in the North qualifiers were obvious. Even the officiating was suspicious. Talking to a colleague who is a Predators dad and they got by 2way because of two disallowed goals for inadvertent whistles. The organizers knows everyone hates them for last year. I’m sure there was some other quirky stuff going on. They can’t have this event without full LI buy in.

Bottom line is it’s now just another tournament. The participation has decreased each year. It’s run by people who own a lacrosse club. Just like most other tourneys out there. The real WSYL died when Jake pulled the plug on it years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line is it’s now just another tournament. The participation has decreased each year. It’s run by people who own a lacrosse club. Just like most other tourneys out there. The real WSYL died when Jake pulled the plug on it years ago.

It’s run by US Lax Events which is associated with True Lacrosse.

They obviously saw an opportunity to cash in and did so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it interesting no one, not one commenter, has mentioned how much the kids enjoy it. You can call it whatever you want, you can make excuses as to why and teams don’t play, why certain clubs didn’t make it; what you can’t deny is how much fun the experience is for the kids. My son played last year, didn’t win, but didn’t care…enjoyed every moment (other than the final scores)
One day I hope you all realize lax ain’t about you and your ego -

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s run by US Lax Events which is associated with True Lacrosse.

They obviously saw an opportunity to cash in and did so.

That’s fine. That was my point. It’s really just another tournament. Nothing special

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Rebels parents and coaches, you qualified, you did not win the WS. Relax with the social media posts. It is about the kids, don't make it about you guys. Stop posting, you didn't even win the qualifier. Pathetic!!!!

They are posting the kids, kids seem to enjoy that. Seems like to you nothing Rebels do is good. First it was they wont qualify. Then people saw them doing well, then it was they wont do well at qualifiers, but they will squeak in. Now they go 3-0 in one of harder brackets, make it to semi's and lose to Eclipse. Now its "you didn't win the qualifier, you shouldnt be posting videos". What's it gonna be next?

Are you asking why 91 is posting videos on social media? Or Mooselax? Or any of the other teams that qualified?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it interesting no one, not one commenter, has mentioned how much the kids enjoy it. You can call it whatever you want, you can make excuses as to why and teams don’t play, why certain clubs didn’t make it; what you can’t deny is how much fun the experience is for the kids. My son played last year, didn’t win, but didn’t care…enjoyed every moment (other than the final scores)

Perhaps the best post I have seen this whole year on this 7th grade board. My son played last year. Him and all of his teammates loved it. They still watch videos from the event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if you are new here but let me educate you on selling - the Rebels detest comes from the insufferable rebels parents that come on here and spew rebels nonsense. Sometimes it’s the directors (which I know for a fact), sometimes it’s the kids and sometimes it’s the parents, but they are always pounding their chest.
You guys did it to yourself - congrats on qualifying. Nobody on here is going to root for you, spanky, just enjoy it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Cheated, and it's Embarrassing that Virginia coach let it happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if you are new here but let me educate you on selling - the Rebels detest comes from the insufferable rebels parents that come on here and spew rebels nonsense. Sometimes it’s the directors (which I know for a fact), sometimes it’s the kids and sometimes it’s the parents, but they are always pounding their chest.
You guys did it to yourself - congrats on qualifying. Nobody on here is going to root for you, spanky, just enjoy it

How would you know that for “a fact”?

Parents from EVERY club seem to come on here and “brag”

Seems like you are simply a serial rebels hater.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That individual you’re referring to is a high character person. If the organizers let his son play, then any team or any parent who has an issue with it should bring it up with the organizers or withdraw their teams if they qualified, and if they didn’t qualify, they should not support future tournaments run by the organizers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dad coaches. No player development, recruit players from other teams and win at all costs. Cheating is par for the course!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2Way last year, 91 this year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheaters plain and simple. When a Div 1 coach goes along with it, it’s embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheaters plain and simple. When a Div 1 coach goes along with it, it’s embarrassing.

Before you or others, make such type of accusations, you must make sure that it was actually outside the rules and 100 mile radius. Word has it that the residence in November prior to leaving for Virginia was less than 100 miles away from headquarters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before you or others, make such type of accusations, you must make sure that it was actually outside the rules and 100 mile radius. Word has it that the residence in November prior to leaving for Virginia was less than 100 miles away from headquarters.
False they played games with practice locations

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Eclipse goalie lives in Florida too…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If his parents live with him in Florida, then they bent the rules or cheated as well!. Like the other person said, those who have an issue with the organizers, bending the rules for some, and not for others, should then boycott the actual World Series or their organization should not put in teams in the qualifier. Let them get hurt financially maybe they’ll issue a big apology or start Keeping rules as black-and-white.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. At least for the entire school year he lives there.

I guess seen as his parents maintain their home address in the Eclipse radius it’s okay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 100 mile radius rule doesn’t work in metropolitan areas, for example look at 2 Way last year, there were kids on that team from CT, NY (upstate), Long Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts, and they were all added specifically for the WS, it should be a club tournament, not a national, leave that for the circuit

The best way in my opinion is to play on the WS team you had to have played with the club for at least the year before. These all star teams made specifically for it (ie boston) totally delegitimize the event

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. At least for the entire school year he lives there.

I guess seen as his parents maintain their home address in the Eclipse radius it’s okay.

It’s good to be wealthy, makes it easier to cheat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is also uploading their own videos for their coaches kids to look good on the WS account.Pathetic.They lost to Eclipse B on Saturday because the player that scores 90% of their goals got ejected and the weak left overs got exposed.They brought down 4 kids from their older teams.Without them and especially the one,they are a B team at best.You will see in other tournaments when they do not have their hired help.They also just had a big part of their team walk off because of the daddy ball culture and the use of kids from other teams just to get wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is also uploading their own videos for their coaches kids to look good on the WS account.Pathetic.They lost to Eclipse B on Saturday because the player that scores 90% of their goals got ejected and the weak left overs got exposed.They brought down 4 kids from their older teams.Without them and especially the one,they are a B team at best.You will see in other tournaments when they do not have their hired help.They also just had a big part of their team walk off because of the daddy ball culture and the use of kids from other teams just to get wins.

keep crying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid is on a team that doesn’t get to play top teams then maybe your point is valid. If he enjoys showing up and losing a bunch of games by a lot then yeah it’s fun. For a lot of us driving to North Carolina last year to play teams we play in the tri state all the time is a waste. They literally had to change the location this year because none of the top teams would travel to Minnesota.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know the quality of the player that left 91 but that team will be second to none by the summer if they remain healthy. Injuries were the main reason for the lopsided score against Eclipse. 91 has 3 of the top goalies at this age level, their attack is top 3 on the east coast, deepest midfield and the overall and undisputed top player at the 2029 age group. Only weakness if it can be even called a weakness is their lack of depth on D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost to Eclipse B on Saturday because the player who scores all of their goals got ejected.How does that show depth? He more then doubled the rest of the team in goals for the entire weekend.Their defense is their strength and the attack is extremely undersized.And like a previous post said, the 3rd goalie ,top goal scorer and some others are not on their regular roster.They have other tournaments that they will have to play without their added world series players and that will exposé the attack man culture that this team was built on.The player that left was a backbone player who helped carry the team through the years.Its a devastating loss.And I believe he went to Igloo.Does anyone know if this is true?And there were no injuries besides one attack man for the Eclipse game.They got rolled even with their added players.Although the one did have all 3 goals for them.He is a top tier player for sure.To bad he plays for Venom and not Chaos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The player who left 91 was not even in their rotation, he was a marginal player. Probably will wind up on the turtles or true blue. 91 year in year out has top-tier coaches the staff will make sure that the team will be ready for the rest of the upcoming travel season as long as they stay injury free, they are top three in the country even without the players from the 28 class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel bad for this person, so much detest over youth lax. The player in question is AWESOME and is a true 2029. There is no cheating, there is no misconception of the rules, and he is a legit 2029 and without a doubt the best 2029. He played for Venom because he is that good. Please stop hating on a 13-year-old kid. He is going to make your kid better, just sit back and enjoy the show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel bad for this person, so much detest over youth lax. The player in question is AWESOME and is a true 2029. There is no cheating, there is no misconception of the rules, and he is a legit 2029 and without a doubt the best 2029. He played for Venom because he is that good. Please stop hating on a 13-year-old kid. He is going to make your kid better, just sit back and enjoy the show.

I don’t believe any person posting on this site has said anything negative about that true 2029 that plays on Venom. Everyone acknowledges that he is a great player as well as a very good kid. Reading comprehension must’ve been your weakest subject in school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The player who left 91 was not even in their rotation, he was a marginal player. Probably will wind up on the turtles or true blue. 91 year in year out has top-tier coaches the staff will make sure that the team will be ready for the rest of the upcoming travel season as long as they stay injury free, they are top three in the country even without the players from the 28 class.
respectfully disagree without the Venom player and the 28's slightly above average but with some talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the delusional 91 parent and coach that think they do no wrong and get easily offended.As you can see they do not recognize the fact that the Venom player was their whole team in the qualifiers and without him they lost to the Eclipse B team.Much more of that to come at Tri Star and the NLF.How sad to lie about injuries just because they got spanked 9-3 (3 goals by venom)? And to [Censored] a former player of your own just because he left due to the toxic culture of the team just goes to show what type of DBs are associated with this team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s the delusional 91 parent and coach that think they do no wrong and get easily offended.As you can see they do not recognize the fact that the Venom player was their whole team in the qualifiers and without him they lost to the Eclipse B team.Much more of that to come at Tri Star and the NLF.How sad to lie about injuries just because they got spanked 9-3 (3 goals by venom)? And to [Censored] a former player of your own just because he left due to the toxic culture of the team just goes to show what type of DBs are associated with this team.

The first post addressing any of this literally called the 91 kids weak leftovers. I’d say any response from someone associated with that team after that is pretty much fair game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 as a club is definitely on a downward spiral

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All roads in LI lead to 91 or Express, figure it out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the funniest stuff I’ve ever read, let your kids go have fun and stop complaining. The range rule is notIntelligent it’s not a problem in any other tournament. Kids move around not to any decision of their own. They shouldn’t lose friends or teammates because of it. Complain about the age verification if you want but let’s be real and watch any college lacrosse game. You’ll see a 6th year 24 year old senior guarding a 18 year old freshman. It’s not cheating. Deal with it, you think the college coach is going to complain to the ref he’s so much older than my guy 😭 no he’s going to tell the kid to beat him. You all take this way too serious and need to take a step back from the game.

Sincerely- someone who has played in the past decade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is the funniest stuff I’ve ever read, let your kids go have fun and stop complaining. The range rule is notIntelligent it’s not a problem in any other tournament. Kids move around not to any decision of their own. They shouldn’t lose friends or teammates because of it. Complain about the age verification if you want but let’s be real and watch any college lacrosse game. You’ll see a 6th year 24 year old senior guarding a 18 year old freshman. It’s not cheating. Deal with it, you think the college coach is going to complain to the ref he’s so much older than my guy 😭 no he’s going to tell the kid to beat him. You all take this way too serious and need to take a step back from the game.

Sincerely- someone who has played in the past decade

Guy who played in last decade,
It is cheating to reclass but that’s probably how you found a spot on a team. You wouldn’t do it if it didn’t help. 100 mile rule makes sense because it’s supposed to be a team not national team. If 1 kids parents move and he can’t play on his old team that was the parents decision. It shouldn’t negatively affect everyone else. The problem with college sports is the 24/25 yr old senior. He’s stealing time from someone who was talented enough to play on age. Plus in my day he was considered a super senior which was not a compliment.
Signed,
Someone that played and has morals!

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard