BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Boys 2030 Midatlantic
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was that the game where the kid was yelling at his parent in the stands at the end of game (we were on that field next)?

I would feel bad for any normal parents on that team (if there are any)

Most likely. Dad yelling Locks. Over and over.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was that the game where the kid was yelling at his parent in the stands at the end of game (we were on that field next)?

Lox!!! Come on Son!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lox!!! Come on Son!!!!!!

Sounds like the Prostart families finally got their dose of the Hawks parents Hilarious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prostart parent here- and not an Annapolis resident. What is the deal with these insano Hawks parents? Yelling the wrong things, screaming at the refs after every single whistle. Just insanity if you ask me. Does Matt Hogan still own the Hawks? Someone ought to alert him to these parents. We used to look up to the Hawks, they were the best program around, but I would never let my kid be around that team. They are extremely undisciplined. We watched the Hawks v Crabs game, and the Crabs are much better coached and the parents are better too. Crabs team seemed like a much better team to play for. Sharp uniforms too!

I really wish we had beaten them yesterday, and we had our chance! Although, maybe it's better we didn't, those parents might have fought the refs in the parking lot!

Hawks are unrealistic. They have major holes at key positions. Lots of ball watching on D and no movement on O. They should of taken a page from the Crabs 2030s. The Crabs played down for a couple of years to develop and build confidence and find love for the game. Now they are competing! Even after losing holdbacks from last year they’re still competing. BLC has done the same thing after NL stole there team from them. Hogan does a good job at tryouts. Most of the time the best players get select. Unfortunately, once tryouts are over he washes his hands of the teams and leave them to their coaches’ staff, which is hit or miss most of the time. Good luck Hawks.

1. NL 7-0
2. True 5-2
3. Crabs 5-2
4. MAD Lax 4-3
5. FCA 3-4
6. Clippers 2-5
7. Hawks 1-6
8. 91 0-7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts from this weekend:

Hawks: this is not a good team! They have one good player with a really good shot, but looks for a flag if you get within 2 feet of him (and sadly gets the call a lot). A lot of ball watching and chasing on D and didn’t seem to sub a lot either

ProStart: only saw them vs Crabs, they have some pieces (great LSM, good Faceoff kid, some shooters) and looked to still be working some things out. Will be interesting to see them after HoCo if they are able to put it together

Madlax: watched them the least but solid all around in the game I watched, moved the ball well, great set-ups on offense and smothering on D

Crabs: best of the group, had good size and speed their off ball movement on offense was really impressive and set up great scoring opportunities. Defense was very sound as they always seemed to be in the passing lanes and didn’t give up anything easy

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prostart parent here- and not an Annapolis resident. What is the deal with these insano Hawks parents? Yelling the wrong things, screaming at the refs after every single whistle. Just insanity if you ask me. Does Matt Hogan still own the Hawks? Someone ought to alert him to these parents. We used to look up to the Hawks, they were the best program around, but I would never let my kid be around that team. They are extremely undisciplined. We watched the Hawks v Crabs game, and the Crabs are much better coached and the parents are better too. Crabs team seemed like a much better team to play for. Sharp uniforms too!

I really wish we had beaten them yesterday, and we had our chance! Although, maybe it's better we didn't, those parents might have fought the refs in the parking lot!

Hawks are unrealistic. They have major holes at key positions. Lots of ball watching on D and no movement on O. They should of taken a page from the Crabs 2030s. The Crabs played down for a couple of years to develop and build confidence and find love for the game. Now they are competing! Even after losing holdbacks from last year they’re still competing. BLC has done the same thing after NL stole there team from them. Hogan does a good job at tryouts. Most of the time the best players get select. Unfortunately, once tryouts are over he washes his hands of the teams and leave them to their coaches’ staff, which is hit or miss most of the time. Good luck Hawks.

1. NL 7-0
2. True 5-2
3. Crabs 5-2
4. MAD Lax 4-3
5. FCA 3-4
6. Clippers 2-5
7. Hawks 1-6
8. 91 0-7

Thank you delusional True parent. If you think this team is going 5-2, you're as insane as your loudmouth coach Agee. That guy is a lying disaster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. NL 7-0
2. True 5-2
3. Crabs 5-2
4. MAD Lax 4-3
5. FCA 3-4
6. Clippers 2-5
7. Hawks 1-6
8. 91 0-7

Thank you delusional True parent. If you think this team is going 5-2, you're as insane as your loudmouth coach Agee. That guy is a lying disaster.
True went 5-2 last year. They should do the same or even better. Unless the age rules affected them.

One thing we can all agree on is that NL, formally known as BLC, will give everyone one lost for sure! And for those lucky ones, they will get two!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
- NL is legit…would probably do well playing up a year
- should be a good spring in this bracket. Teams and players getting better each time out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL is very good but def human after this past weekend 12 year old lax where kids just need to get better We needed to eat some humble pie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL is very good but def human after this past weekend 12 year old lax where kids just need to get better We needed to eat some humble pie

Did NL lose to someone?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost to 91 9-3 but in fairness to our team we had just finished playing a strong Dukes team 15 minutes prior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost to 91 9-3 but in fairness to our team we had just finished playing a strong Dukes team 15 minutes prior.

Eh.. 6th grade. And it's early in the season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL is a great team, Cyclones caught them right after a battle w Duke’s Elite. Had that game been played prior or few hours later, who knows…
Cyclones v Duke’s was very close as well, think 91 pulled it out 6-4.
This is what the best teams at all ages do - play the top teams and learn from bout wins and the losses!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You took the words right out of my mouth. NFW True ends up in top 4

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed…hats off to those teams for organizing, getting after it and learning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks relax with the win. You just beat a team that hasn’t won in two years. Good luck seeing another one. HAHAHAHA!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was def pulling for 91 in that one …how was fool Hawks Dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 parent here. Hawks fool dad was in full effect. His kid had a couple goals but just as many turnovers. Dad was going berserk. The HOCO league officials should actually come watch their next game and ban him forever. The kid is an obvious holdback so he should be scoring against smaller kids but his dad is embarrassing. Best part is.... it's obvious he doesn't even care. Not one bit. I actually felt for his kid on Sunday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 parent here. Hawks fool dad was in full effect. His kid had a couple goals but just as many turnovers. Dad was going berserk. The HOCO league officials should actually come watch their next game and ban him forever. The kid is an obvious holdback so he should be scoring against smaller kids but his dad is embarrassing. Best part is.... it's obvious he doesn't even care. Not one bit. I actually felt for his kid on Sunday

I love that kid does some cheesy celebration every time he scores. Stay off the internet son

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid is a good player and can tell he works hard. Let the kid celebrate with all he has to deal with, he deserves it. The kids are old enough to decide if celebrations go too far, parents don’t need to get involved or upset. It will be handled on the field.

Also no more holdbacks, you either meet the age or your don’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid is a good player and can tell he works hard. Let the kid celebrate with all he has to deal with, he deserves it. The kids are old enough to decide if celebrations go too far, parents don’t need to get involved or upset. It will be handled on the field.

Speaking of age, what is age cutoff now? Is it what is on USA lacrosse website or at discretion of each tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speaking of age, what is age cutoff now? Is it what is on USA lacrosse website or at discretion of each tournament?
It's at the organizers discretion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good matchups this weekend …predictions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO is using USA Lacrosse, as are a majority of the tourneys. Some teams will try and skate the rules, but in this community, everyone knows everyone, so it is harder to do for the local teams. The 6/1 date is more logical as it allows the pre-K holdbacks to play either in their current class, or the one they would have been in. Summer boy pre-K holdbacks are so common now because it makes sense, allow those kids to play with their friends. Anyone holding their summer birthday 8th grader back for HS is a dope, but that doesn't impact this age because a 2029 wouldn't be able to play in HOCO in 2026,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6/1 is lame, arbitrary and used to placate holdbacks.
9/1 is used by school systems for a reason

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some states do 8/1 as the cutoff. In general, most research shows boys will benefit from a Pre-K hold back for summer birthdays. Doing it for lacrosse is insane, but doing it pre-K for the boy's maturity and development for school is generally accepted as the better choice(and encouraged by many schools).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any date selection other than strict birth year is arbitrary.

I do agree that the 6/1 date picks favorites and allows only a select few kids to play with their classmates, which is inherently unfair. I would love to hear the reason 9/1 is such a perfect fit though? What exactly happens to kids in September? Have you ever considered that maybe the government picked a totally arbitrary date too, which is why so many independent schools have pre-first programs. Or do you have some scientific evidence to share?

Regardless, in the Baltimore area most middle schools have teams, and many of those are mixed grades. Probably best to just get used to playing with older kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do agree that the 6/1 date picks favorites and allows only a select few kids to play with their classmates, which is inherently unfair. I would love to hear the reason 9/1 is such a perfect fit though? What exactly happens to kids in September? Have you ever considered that maybe the government picked a totally arbitrary date too, which is why so many independent schools have pre-first programs. Or do you have some scientific evidence to share?

Regardless, in the Baltimore area most middle schools have teams, and many of those are mixed grades. Probably best to just get used to playing with older kids.

What’s age cutoff for World Series? Are they using USA lacrosse or sticking to previous cutoff?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What’s age cutoff for World Series? Are they using USA lacrosse or sticking to previous cutoff?

9/1 for world series

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It should be strictly age if they want to be some date,, 9/1 would be best as it along with school, but frankly who cares , Pick any date 1/1 6/1 9/1 ,, but let anyone play that falls within that age. Letting select holdbacks play down is against what youth is about. HS it is grade so get your advantage ,,,But youth below 8th, common sense ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It should be strictly age if they want to be some date,, 9/1 would be best as it along with school, but frankly who cares , Pick any date 1/1 6/1 9/1 ,, but let anyone play that falls within that age. Letting select holdbacks play down is against what youth is about. HS it is grade so get your advantage ,,,But youth below 8th, common sense ...
What is the acceptable "common sense" age variation? When I was a kid we played 14u, 12u, etc., and we all survived just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What loss is worse? Madlax or the Crabs.

Jeez, Next Level, leave some for the rest of us.

Looks like the Hawks got trounced. Ouch. AAA at best after watching them play.

Congrats to FCA and the InstaClippers for their big wins respectively.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Annapolis Hawks 2030...... WOW!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax is bad loss. Clippers outplayed the Crabs on all fronts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clippers had the better Fogo. And better goalie. Crabs are good, but they got beat in those two areas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clippers had the better Fogo. And better goalie. Crabs are good, but they got beat in those two areas.
Slow down with the goalie talk. The goalie is all show! Pay close attention when he faces a real O!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who,would the real O be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They’ve played two of the “top teams” in the league and have only given up 12 goals…. Not bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Slow down with the goalie talk. The goalie is all show! Pay close attention when he faces a real O!

Thanks for crapping on your own team and offense loudmouth crabs goalie mom. Your whole family is all show! Hilarious!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who,would the real O be?
Next Level

Like Reply Quote