BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by baldbear -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts390,981
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 84 of 87 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think a True Freshman on a Final four team getting "minutes in a blow out" is in any way shape or form some sort of knock on a club, but regardless, C2 is no more and her mom and dad were fantastic players/coaches lax people so really doesn't matter anyways as its a one off.

Bottom line, top talent did the USA Dev team in previous season so Im not buying "elite players don't do this" line. Now, if you don't mind I'm heading on over to the Starboard to enjoy my summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The top clubs get players almost exclusively from the top clubs these days. Show me 1 club other than Heros,Sw,M&D that sent a player to a top 30 college. They take players that play the best competition for them to evaluate. I’m sorry your lil club team took offense but it is true. I’m sure you will look it up now.

Without even looking it up I can tell you CheckHers, TLC, Integrity, C2 and NEMS all have 24's committed to top thirty schools. Sorry but it's true

Checkers Tlc and C2 are bad! No way any player from those clubs will ever play at a top 30 school they committed to. Still not sure what top 30 college recruited a checkers or Tlc kid.

Denver had a TLC player this year who was a captain and starter. Syracuse has a freshman (last year) from C2 who played quoted a bit.
Can not compare older TLC players (2019 and older) to current TLC recruiting - it is night and day. And the 22 C2 player only played minutes to seconds in the end of blow out games.[/quote]

I don’t disagree now. But the comment was that no way any player from those clubs would play at a top 30 school. Simply pointing out that they have had girls play at top 30 schools (or top 5 if you prefer).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone asked what top 30 schools TLC, CheckHers and C2 had girls going to

The answer is a simple sports recruit search away .....
Denver, Navy,Rutgers, Army, USF all recruited 24's from those teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The C2 players parents own the club. That was a connections based acquisition. She didn’t see the field and may not ever bc of the transfer portal. That is not a knock on the kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The C2 players parents own the club. That was a connections based acquisition. She didn’t see the field and may not ever bc of the transfer portal. That is not a knock on the kid.

the girl going to Rutgers is not the club owners daughter
just stop

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just stop
They are talking about the club owner's daughter on the Syracuse roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just stop

and she started almost the whole year too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Cuse player who is the C2 coaches daughter? If so, you are wrong. She only played with minutes left in blow out games. Never started a game
The only C2 player (who is not the coaches daughter) did in fact play & start every game and was phenomenal on defense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just stop

and she started almost the whole year too
The C2 girl played blowout minutes only. This is the reason this site shouldn’t be annonymous! Too many duma$$es

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 26 daughter went to a prospect day last weekend at a top 15 school.

Was kinda shocked that the coaching staff (including HC) spent probably 80% of their time looking at the 26s and almost no time looking at the 25s. (They were on separate fields). The head coach spent a bunch of time talking 1:1 with a bunch of 26s (including my daughter) while the 25s had their final scrimmage.

Is this typical? At this point in the calendar, are coaches pretty much done evaluating 25s and already starting to think about 26s? If so, should she think about doing more late aug/early sept prospect days.

My daughter was played well and was happy she got the exposure. On the way back, she said, "I probably wouldn't have played as well if I know I'd be playing in front of their entire coaching staff most of the day."

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was kinda shocked that the coaching staff (including HC) spent probably 80% of their time looking at the 26s and almost no time looking at the 25s. (They were on separate fields). The head coach spent a bunch of time talking 1:1 with a bunch of 26s (including my daughter) while the 25s had their final scrimmage.

Is this typical? At this point in the calendar, are coaches pretty much done evaluating 25s and already starting to think about 26s? If so, should she think about doing more late aug/early sept prospect days.

My daughter was played well and was happy she got the exposure. On the way back, she said, "I probably wouldn't have played as well if I know I'd be playing in front of their entire coaching staff most of the day."

Prospect days are a money grab! Easier and cheaper to email the coach and let them know your daughter plays for whatever club team and will be at these 4-5 tourneys. If the coach wants your daughter the coach will be there or have a scout/asst there. You just donated to the lax program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prospect days are a money grab! Easier and cheaper to email the coach and let them know your daughter plays for whatever club team and will be at these 4-5 tourneys. If the coach wants your daughter the coach will be there or have a scout/asst there. You just donated to the lax program

Yes they are now looking at the 26 grad year. And I don't think prospect camps are just money grabs. if you are interested in the school you should go to there prospect camp. They will want to evaluate girls in person not just seeing you once at a tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes they are now looking at the 26 grad year. And I don't think prospect camps are just money grabs. if you are interested in the school you should go to there prospect camp. They will want to evaluate girls in person not just seeing you once at a tournament.

This, its the best way to see the campus, coaches and all that the program has. Look at it as your kid evaluating them as much as them evaluating your kid. See the campus, the area around it, visit the bookstore, take it all in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have not gone through the recruiting process before. Prospect days bring in lets just say for laughs 50 girls who want to go there. Or the coach goes to see your daughter plus the 30 teams at a tourney. 30 teams x lets say 20 girls is 600 girls. Where do you find more talent - a tournament or a prospect day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have not gone through the recruiting process before. Prospect days bring in lets just say for laughs 50 girls who want to go there. Or the coach goes to see your daughter plus the 30 teams at a tourney. 30 teams x lets say 20 girls is 600 girls. Where do you find more talent - a tournament or a prospect day
Have you been through the recruiting process? My daughter 100% was recruited because she attended prospect camps at the schools she was interested in. She started attending them very early on and they knew who she was. The schools she attended, were the schools that recruited her and ended choosing one of them. Yes, she was contacted from other schools as well.
At the end of the day, everyone will have a different opinion. If your daughter is interested, then she should continue to attend any camps that they pop up. Prospect camps typically cost little (maybe the most $150).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you been through the recruiting process? My daughter 100% was recruited because she attended prospect camps at the schools she was interested in. She started attending them very early on and they knew who she was. The schools she attended, were the schools that recruited her and ended choosing one of them. Yes, she was contacted from other schools as well.
At the end of the day, everyone will have a different opinion. If your daughter is interested, then she should continue to attend any camps that they pop up. Prospect camps typically cost little (maybe the most $150).

Yep, 2x and never paid any college for a prospect day. In fact, they were recruited by multiple schools and they were invited to attend for free

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep, 2x and never paid any college for a prospect day. In fact, they were recruited by multiple schools and they were invited to attend for free
You must be so proud. Everyones journey is different and some girls will greatly benefit from attending prospect camps and enjoy doing it - especially if it's a school that they really would like to attend. There are a lot of girls that chose schools and know nothing about the school or coaching staff and then attend the school and are miserable and leave. In my opinion, prospect camps give you a great insight on the coaches. My daughter attended 2 (top 20 schools) and immediately knew that she was no longer interested in that school from going to the prospect camp and meeting the coach. To each their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be so proud. Everyones journey is different and some girls will greatly benefit from attending prospect camps and enjoy doing it - especially if it's a school that they really would like to attend. There are a lot of girls that chose schools and know nothing about the school or coaching staff and then attend the school and are miserable and leave. In my opinion, prospect camps give you a great insight on the coaches. My daughter attended 2 (top 20 schools) and immediately knew that she was no longer interested in that school from going to the prospect camp and meeting the coach. To each their own.

On that note, what’s the overall consensus about camps that have multiple coaches?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On that note, what’s the overall consensus about camps that have multiple coaches?

Lots of times there are a few school even at prospect days advertised as single school. Nothing wrong with that. For instance at Duke prospect camp, ECU, Coastal Carolina, Elon and UMBC were there.

Its the showcases runs by 3rd parties that can be sketchier, not knowing who will be there and if you will get exposure.

our recruiting director told our girls, after 8th grade summer, the only 3rd party showcases worth going were mostly invite-only (eg. Best In Class, UA150, Juniors Open).

She said Lacrosse Masters was the only good one where anyone can sign up and those are really for high academic D1 or NESCAC type girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daughter got nominated for both Juniors Open and Best In Class this summer. Given the rest of her schedule with tourneys every weekend, only makes sense to do one.

For those who have been before, any thoughts on which to choose? (And please don't say they are both cash grabs, not helpful at all).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daughter got nominated for both Juniors Open and Best In Class this summer. Given the rest of her schedule with tourneys every weekend, only makes sense to do one.

For those who have been before, any thoughts on which to choose? (And please don't say they are both cash grabs, not helpful at all).

Best in Class IMO. DD and teammates had more fun and also felt like they actually learned a little. Helps that it is in MD too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My opinion. Best in class
Jr open
Ua 150 for the gear only.

BIC had teaching, station work and games that were organized and coached for the most part.
Jr open has lots of northwest talent from top clubs.
Ua150 has some top md girls and players from not hot beds now.

Do 1 for fun and save money 💴 on the rest ! Save the energy for the tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My opinion. Best in class
Jr open
Ua 150 for the gear only.

BIC had teaching, station work and games that were organized and coached for the most part.
Jr open has lots of northwest talent from top clubs.
Ua150 has some top md girls and players from not hot beds now.

Do 1 for fun and save money 💴 on the rest ! Save the energy for the tournaments.

Agree BIC is better than players open. The combo of teaching and actually coaching really separate it

In defense of UA150, that tourney has 1) much small rosters (18 or 19 vs. 25 or 26 at players open), free film and at a much better facilty.

We knew girls who didn't play on the top Long Island clubs who probably got 6 or 7 minutes per game playing time. Most YJ girls were playing like 30-35 minutes per game. Something to think about for a kid from Maryland.

The challenge last year was not as many coaches as players open. If they can somehow get coaches back, that will be a better event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ua 150 has commitment from only skywalkers and M&D anyone.
Jr open has yj / steps / monster / grizzlies and fla select kids. Same as tournament support. I don’t see clubs flipping their support anytime soon. Hurts the kids but they definitely have more options now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't wait to see Red take down Black this fall!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure directors would arrange this if a request was put in. Let us know when the Red coach gets it arranged. Even if during a practice slot. You could get some fans there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only people that care about these two teams scrimmaging are SW, EH, and AC. Once again stirring the pot and being trolls again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only people that care about these two teams scrimmaging are SW, EH, and AC. Once again stirring the pot and being trolls again.
I’m on their team and it gets old listening to them talk. Who cares if we play the black team. Does it really matter? No it doesn’t. If we play each other great, if not no one really cares but a few parents on the red team. Not the girls but only the parents care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Snow White, AlliCorn and Herbs, with illusions of grandeur there is no way red red will play or beat black. Save the embarrassment for the sidelines

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach feeds them this stuff. Keeping his kids and crying if they get evaluated for black. Tells them to play down and they will be better than black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then let them play black and end this rubbish
Seems like humble pie needs to be served

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
W
I’m on their team and it gets old listening to them talk. Who cares if we play the black team. Does it really matter? No it doesn’t. If we play each other great, if not no one really cares but a few parents on the red team. Not the girls but only the parents care.

Besides, it already happened. We lost handily to Black this past summer. 5-2 I think with a last second goal and our goalie playing out of her mind. Don’t think we even won a draw. It’s just a dense, tired joke at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a red team players here's what i think about black vs red. The black teams have more depth and more better players. so in black against red black will always win, If you take the top red players and mix them in with black players they'd be fine and you won't be able to distinguish them as "red". Same i'd drills and 3v3's and things like that. But it's only the top of the roster red girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent of a red team players here's what i think about black vs red. The black teams have more depth and more better players. so in black against red black will always win, If you take the top red players and mix them in with black players they'd be fine and you won't be able to distinguish them as "red". Same i'd drills and 3v3's and things like that. But it's only the top of the roster red girls

Which in this case is maybe 2 offense and 2 defense competing to be on black. If not mistaken a couple were already up there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that sums up the difference between most top-5 clubs and the other clubs in the next tier. Depth is the key.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which in this case is maybe 2 offense and 2 defense competing to be on black. If not mistaken a couple were already up there.

Coaches could distinguish if enough to compete but not good enough to make the top team otherwise they'd be on the black team.
Same wishful thinking SW EH AC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches could distinguish if enough to compete but not good enough to make the top team otherwise they'd be on the black team.
Same wishful thinking SW EH AC

this is mistaken thinking. Coaches make up their minds and there's nothing you can do about it. Case in point .,. one of the top 25 committs was on skywalkers white and they would not move her to blue. Whatever their reasons are are fine but she wisely left and didn't stay at SW and went to Heros and was a top committ and committed higher than any of the SW blue players. But for some reason SW considered her a "white" player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then you should have left for a top team and not stayed on Red. The black players will get the top schools.

Like Reply Quote
Page 84 of 87 1 2 82 83 84 85 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard