BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts390,971
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 79 of 87 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do the goalies on the black team get equal playing time?

The one goalie mom is nuts! Ive never seen a women run on the field cursing out coaches, players and pulling her kid off the field. Classy

Seriously? And MG puts up with it?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT players are coming to tryouts good luck with that group of girls and parents.

looking forward to meeting them at Towson U shortly. they will look good in blue & white.
Is this some kind of veiled reference to NXT buying Skywalkers? I'm not following.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT players are coming to tryouts good luck with that group of girls and parents.

looking forward to meeting them at Towson U shortly. they will look good in blue & white.
Is this some kind of veiled reference to NXT buying Skywalkers? I'm not following.

3Steps owns NXT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3Steps owns NXT
Did not know that, thanks. I still don't get the NXT reference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is funny that you could have read the same BS from the Heros White team parents a few years ago, now they are on M & D Red. Get over yourselves, your kids are B players. Nothing wrong with that, I just wish you would accept it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is funny that you could have read the same BS from the Heros White team parents a few years ago, now they are on M & D Red. Get over yourselves, your kids are B players. Nothing wrong with that, I just wish you would accept it.

Red team will NEVER get the same attention that the black team gets! Coach keeps telling all they will be the same as black but it will never happen. They need to produce va top teams in the top bracket and they won’t ask to do that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland Showcase just released 20 colleges that are attending.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was more like 15. Now we know why they never told anyone who was attending.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News flash they are finalizing the 24's and working on the 25's - they wont be at the 26 games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it’s the same 2 dads! The other terrible dad is on the black team.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quote
Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too much tension between red and black. No one from black wants to move down to red. Skywalkers prob won’t have a ton spots either unless your kid wants to go to SW second team. Coppermine may make sense since JB already knows some of the parents and kids from M&D and is a good coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only tension between red and black is made up on this board. Girls are actually nice to each other and all are talented. Maryland 26 is stacked with good players. Toxic keyboard warriors don’t matter and being miserable must [Censored].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the need to bash athletes for what team they play on? Not everyone will be D1 or even play in college or even stay at the school because they can’t handle the balance of sports and school.

Let them develop, play and be happy. These are still kids and their mental wellbeing is more important than you all degrading them by what team they play for.

If you are saying this type of stuff anonymously on a forum then what are you saying to your athlete. It’s stuff like this that causes the mental breakdown of athletes. Check out Morgan’s Message.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I ask this question with serious and I know better than to ask here! But I am just curious. When will M&D tell folks who made it and who didn’t. When will SW tell folks who made it and who didn’t. I have heard in the past that M&D says you will know when they post the roster, however, I have heard that the players that made the team knew shortly after tryouts and were contacted. Just curious what the landscape for this rising sophomore landscape will look like. Players who didn’t make either club what are their options?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scoop on the tryouts tonight?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really stinks that girls will find out Monday after a tournament they are cut and don’t have a team for next season. Most tryouts will be over too. I bet coaches don’t even tell girls they should get to other tryouts this week. I feel bad for them. M&D started all this a few years ago and it’s not best for kids. Hope they all fine w home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's really a bad situation for all of the girls, especially going into the biggest year from a recruiting standpoint.

You have the girls who want to join a top team to get more exposure and play against better competition. If they are on a team already, they may have missed their existing teams tryouts to go to these. And I'm sure the old club finds out why. So they are in limbo.

What about the girls who were displaced? Where do they go? How many clubs have supplemental tryouts once the top teams are set? Or do they have them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is an awful practice but you are captive. You are never "off" the team for 1 minute in the entire year, as long as you keep playing. You pay for it! Ridiculous. Need more good teams not fewer in the area so people have choices and more leverage. Hope this insanity ends. All credit to families that test waters and move to other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It more than stinks. There will be girls that already know they're being cut WHILE playing in a tournament with the team they're being cut from, and many of their teammates will know too. I know that USA lacrosse doesn't have any ability to dictate to clubs how to handle this, but they really should put out some guidance to clubs. Maybe they could recommend no tryouts until Aug 15th or something like that. Clubs will always try to get around some of it with private tryouts and letting girls attend practices, but at least the public open invite tryouts will return to sanity. The girls deserve better than what they're getting right now from the adults in this sport. I sent a note on this to USA lacrosse last year. Hopefully you will all do the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's really a bad situation for all of the girls, especially going into the biggest year from a recruiting standpoint.

You have the girls who want to join a top team to get more exposure and play against better competition. If they are on a team already, they may have missed their existing teams tryouts to go to these. And I'm sure the old club finds out why. So they are in limbo.

What about the girls who were displaced? Where do they go? How many clubs have supplemental tryouts once the top teams are set? Or do they have them?
NEMS ahs tryouts 18-20...displaced players can go there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nems July 18-20
Coppermine July 18
Checkhers July 18-20
Hoco has some next week too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It more than stinks. There will be girls that already know they're being cut WHILE playing in a tournament with the team they're being cut from, and many of their teammates will know too. I know that USA lacrosse doesn't have any ability to dictate to clubs how to handle this, but they really should put out some guidance to clubs. Maybe they could recommend no tryouts until Aug 15th or something like that. Clubs will always try to get around some of it with private tryouts and letting girls attend practices, but at least the public open invite tryouts will return to sanity. The girls deserve better than what they're getting right now from the adults in this sport. I sent a note on this to USA lacrosse last year. Hopefully you will all do the same.

Do you want your county, state and federal government telling you how to run your business or your life for that matter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It more than stinks. There will be girls that already know they're being cut WHILE playing in a tournament with the team they're being cut from, and many of their teammates will know too.
If you’ve been cut prior to your last tournament, and told you’ve been cut, your loyalty to the club ends right there. Walk away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So any new players added to SW Blue, M&D Black or Red?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They offer positions to girls the day after tryouts end?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They offer positions the night of the first try out and players are told to not say anything until rosters are posted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They offer positions the night of the first try out and players are told to not say anything until rosters are posted.

Interesting. Other than making a few bucks, what is the point of having a 2nd day of tryouts? All it does it make girls think they have a chance when they clearly don't.

And I'm sure the girls don't tell their friends

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting. Other than making a few bucks, what is the point of having a 2nd day of tryouts? All it does it make girls think they have a chance when they clearly don't.

It's for show to keep people coming back. And the money, always the money. $50 or more a pop just for tryouts is a nice chunk of change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they don’t want to lose their spot before their very first tournament, no, they are not telling their friends. That kind of stuff gets back to a coach and no player wants to be cut from a team after just making a team because they couldn’t keep their mouth shut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW tryouts are done

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW tryouts are never truly done. A top player from a far-flung state could fly in at any time and get added to the team and take your DD playing time. Happens all the time. There are few organizations out there that have less loyalty than SW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland United goalie showed up to tryout. Some Heros white girls, NXT defender came one night, other than that the usual girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros white losing girls to mnd red again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland United goalie showed up to tryout. Some Heros white girls, NXT defender came one night, other than that the usual girls
I hope BA doesn't read this forum!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn’t that the goalie that was on m&d a few years ago?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros white losing girls to mnd red again.
B team to a better B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wasn’t that the goalie that was on m&d a few years ago?
No this is the goalie that lives on the Eastern Shore, she is one of the goalies on Maryland United.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope BA doesn't read this forum!
Well her goalie was at tryouts.. apparently looking for change

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3Steps owns NXT
Did not know that, thanks. I still don't get the NXT reference.

“NXT players are coming to tryouts”

Pot stirrer didn’t say which tryouts. Skywalkers made more sense than M&D. And it turned out to be only 1 NXT player???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for her! When a coach says they are making cuts to their current team, all the girls should try out elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
Page 79 of 87 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard