BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts390,966
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 87 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 86 87
Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
JB will win, but Coppermine parents better get ready for the turmoil. Yes he will bring over players and there will be a large turnover in the roster. He had some great players leave his team at his previous stop, including a first team all-metro player this year , and another 2024 player committed to Northwestern. You may also investigate why he got dismissed from his high school head coaching job two years ago. In summary JB will win, but the controversy follows him.
YOU are the kind of parent no one wants on their team.
Strange response. I don't think the poster said anything to make them a bad team parent. Can you elaborate?

Sure. I will elaborate for you. The kind of parent who comes to an anonymous forum to talk negatively about a coach headed to a new program. You don’t think the program he is headed to did their homework? They clearly see something in the man to hire him, don’t you think? Instead you bring all of the bad stuff onto an anonymous forum to cause drama. That kind of parent. Glad you’re not on my team.
You must be a hit at parties. The OP started their post with "JB will win". That's a positive comment for a coach. Most athletes and parents are willing to excuse some previous life lessons to bring a winning culture, but it's their right to know if there was anything particularly bad. It's their kid. You seem to want to deny them that chance, which is suspect.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good coach or not. Good person or not. It really doesn't matter. This is a very mediocre 26 team. They won't be playing in any event brakets this fall or next year that will have coaches watching. There won't be a mass movement of good players. They may have good teams in younger brackets but that is irrelevant to their existing HS teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JB will win, but Coppermine parents better get ready for the turmoil. Yes he will bring over players and there will be a large turnover in the roster. He had some great players leave his team at his previous stop, including a first team all-metro player this year , and another 2024 player committed to Northwestern. You may also investigate why he got dismissed from his high school head coaching job two years ago. In summary JB will win, but the controversy follows him.
Strange response. I don't think the poster said anything to make them a bad team parent. Can you elaborate?

Sure. I will elaborate for you. The kind of parent who comes to an anonymous forum to talk negatively about a coach headed to a new program. You don’t think the program he is headed to did their homework? They clearly see something in the man to hire him, don’t you think? Instead you bring all of the bad stuff onto an anonymous forum to cause drama. That kind of parent. Glad you’re not on my team.
You must be a hit at parties. The OP started their post with "JB will win". That's a positive comment for a coach. Most athletes and parents are willing to excuse some previous life lessons to bring a winning culture, but it's their right to know if there was anything particularly bad. It's their kid. You seem to want to deny them that chance, which is suspect.

Previous life lesson? Can’t be anything bad. He’s still employed by the same school system. Has coached for a long time in that system and like all coaches has those that enjoyed and those that didn’t. My suggestion is don’t send your kid to his team if you have concerns. The poster is trying to create something that isn’t there and is a miserable drama queen. I assume it is a player that played for him at some point and it didn’t work it. If you know anything to be true it would be great you said it with your real name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Previous life lesson? Can’t be anything bad. He’s still employed by the same school system. Has coached for a long time in that system and like all coaches has those that enjoyed and those that didn’t. My suggestion is don’t send your kid to his team if you have concerns. The poster is trying to create something that isn’t there and is a miserable drama queen. I assume it is a player that played for him at some point and it didn’t work it. If you know anything to be true it would be great you said it with your real name.

Exactly my point. And I am a hit at parties, you’re not invited to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess we will see after the tryouts what talent he brings to the table and if he can keep any existing talent that have. I would think if there were something alarming someone would have spoke up and Coppermine wouldn’t have given JB the position

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With his pedigree, he could bring in a few kids from both M&D Black and SWB. You could be looking at the new #1 MD team in the 26 age group. It's a smart move by Coppermine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MV situation with JB happened when his daughter went there and played for SB, from what was heard is one night something happened between the two and the next day MV was playing NC and JB supposedly pulled his daughter out of MV and she was playing with NC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]With his pedigree, he could bring in a few kids from both M&D Black and SWB. You could be looking at the new #1 MD team in the 26 age group. It's a smart move by Coppermine.[/quote]

That is hilarious

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MV situation with JB happened when his daughter went there and played for SB, from what was heard is one night something happened between the two and the next day MV was playing NC and JB supposedly pulled his daughter out of MV and she was playing with NC

Nobody cares. Let it go! Let’s talk about the 26 teams instead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD Red is actually a above average A team. Rank 22 in US Club Lax. But they are selecting to play in B brackets in order to avoid a possible showdown with MD black. Red is dominating the B level with average scores of approx 10-1. Closest game was a tie with EagleStix Gray (#41) at Summer Genesis.
MD is having same issue as Heros did. They will not promote 2 A level teams during recruiting process. The focus will be on Black during showcase events.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D red is nothing like the old Heroes white team. If they play in the A bracket they will get beat by all teams. They are not avoiding the top bracket just because of possible game with black team- that’s so funny. The weakest team in A bracket would crush red.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D red is nothing like the old Heroes white team. If they play in the A bracket they will get beat by all teams. They are not avoiding the top bracket just because of possible game with black team- that’s so funny. The weakest team in A bracket would crush red.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not playing in B bracket… it’s more like D bracket..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]With his pedigree, he could bring in a few kids from both M&D Black and SWB. You could be looking at the new #1 MD team in the 26 age group. It's a smart move by Coppermine.

That is hilarious[/quote]
I'm hoping that you were picking up that my post was a joke and found it funny smile Either way, no good players are moving from M&D at the 26 level to Coppermine. I'm sure he'll be able to bring a couple M&D Reds. Coppermine will cause a lot of waves in the 28s and younger, but it ain't happening for the 26s, even if Chris Robinson himself makes the move. Definitely not with an M&D reject coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s gonna change because the 24 M&D black coach is now the head coach at Coppermine 2026.
Was this announced somewhere on Coppermines website?

I'm pretty sure the 2024 team isn't done yet. And he is essentially an assistant on 2 other teams. Seems like spot stirring.
It’s true and there is no pot stirring going on. Coppermine gave him a great deal and 3 step was not willing to pay him to stay. Good luck to JB M and D will miss you 100%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard some from Red are coming to tryouts now that John is taking over. Sounds like he will have a good turnout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s gonna change because the 24 M&D black coach is now the head coach at Coppermine 2026.
Was this announced somewhere on Coppermines website?

I'm pretty sure the 2024 team isn't done yet. And he is essentially an assistant on 2 other teams. Seems like spot stirring.
It’s true and there is no pot stirring going on. Coppermine gave him a great deal and 3 step was not willing to pay him to stay. Good luck to JB M and D will miss you 100%

Yep. I saw it posted on Coppermines FB page. A good coach like JB will be able to get some good players who aren't happy where they are. I don't think they will be a top team but I am sure they will improve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What has happened to M&D black?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched them this weekend, their offense has no cohesion. A lot of crowding in the 8m and looking for isos. When there are good cuts, they miss feeds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They still exist. Record at lax for the cure can be seen in the teamsportsinfo events app. Might be the only championship tournament so far, and playoffs were canceled. You looking to stir some pots?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many cooks in the kitchen. You can actually have too many top players on one team. Anyone who watches them knows they still have most (not all) of the best players in the area, but are struggling to work together. They'll figure it out. They're too good not to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many cooks in the kitchen. You can actually have too many top players on one team. Anyone who watches them knows they still have most (not all) of the best players in the area, but are struggling to work together. They'll figure it out. They're too good not to.

Agree. A lot of talent on that team but not cohesive enough as a unit to pull away like they should in some games like I've seen 25 Black do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. A lot of talent on that team but not cohesive enough as a unit to pull away like they should in some games like I've seen 25 Black do.

MG hasn't been able to get them organized and working as a team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DD has friends on the team that says she pits them against each other in order to motivate them, but it only has caused friction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They get almost no production from their attack. Middies are very good and defense is ok. Goalie play has been good. If they click they could be very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DD has friends on the team that says she pits them against each other in order to motivate them, but it only has caused friction.
Yup my friends daughter said the same thing. The tall girl decided one day she is moving to attack and no longer a middie. The attacks are unhappy with her and her selfish play. The are not clicking because of coaches daughter and tall girl. There will be cuts at tryouts MG wants 19 girls on the team. Maybe those girls will go Coppermine or red?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt anyone that is cut from Black will want to go down to red. They would be better off going to Coppermine with JB.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt anyone that is cut from Black will want to go down to red. They would be better off going to Coppermine with JB.
Thanks for the input JB. Everyone will keep that in mind. There are several other good options other than going to Coppermine if these girls decide to leave. There are a couple of good players on Coppermine, but you'd need to overhaul almost the entire roster to get a top 25-40 team. 2-3 good players aren't going to be able to do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the continued love affair for JB? He wasn't asked to stay at M&D, the Coppermine 26 team isn't good and the club as a whole has no track record of any recruiting. Please explain how this is now the destination to be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Red will be a great destination. Coaches are loading up from other teams to give M&D the 2 best 26 teams outside of Heros.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Red will be a great destination. Coaches are loading up from other teams to give M&D the 2 best 26 teams outside of Heros.

I'd watch for them to go to SW, maybe Hero's but unlikely unless they lose people, or even Capital depending on distance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who the f is John Brown and who would care? Coppermine? Must be tryout time. Can’t make this stuff up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They already have the two best teams (from one program). Heros Green is a great team but white has gone from top 5 to bottom tier in Maryland. White is below Coppermine and Check Hers at this point. It's sad that they blew up a good team like that. M&D Red is on par with SWB in this age group. I would bet Blue picks up some girls who want more PT and be in the higher brackets. Better to lose in higher brackets with exposure playing against the best than not playing in bracket.

I get the reason the teams have overlapping tryouts. They are trying to protect their brand by making it hard for girls to switch teams. But it does a huge disservice to the girls who want to make a change for whatever reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK M&D Red Dad. M&D Red is a B level team that plays B level competition. Stop comparing them to teams that plays the top ranked teams the majority of the time. SWB would crush M&D Red. And no I don't have a dog in that fight. Tell yourself whatever you want to make you feel better about your situation. Nothing wrong with or against M&D Red but some people are just ridiculous with what they say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK M&D Red Dad. M&D Red is a B level team that plays B level competition. Stop comparing them to teams that plays the top ranked teams the majority of the time. SWB would crush M&D Red. And no I don't have a dog in that fight. Tell yourself whatever you want to make you feel better about your situation. Nothing wrong with or against M&D Red but some people are just ridiculous with what they say.

Sounds like M&D red coach talking!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody doing the Maryland Showcase? Haven't heard good things. Would like to get my money back but I heard it's impossible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody doing the Maryland Showcase? Haven't heard good things. Would like to get my money back but I heard it's impossible.

It’s a great showcase for a 2026 to get her feet wet while college coaches are not watching her class. It’s well run, with mostly D2 and D3 coaches involved for 2025 and 2024. If you are hoping for D1 coaches, very very few if any. Doesn’t make it a bad event, it’s a great one for a certain level of play. Go into it with a positive attitude instead of this one and maybe it will be worthwhile. It’s a great way to learn and figure out what will be important once the coaches are watching this grad year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah not the red coaching staff… LE just got engaged and I’m sure they are all still celebrating. I can assure you neither one is commenting OR cares what your opinion is about their team. Move along

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah not the red coaching staff… LE just got engaged and I’m sure they are all still celebrating. I can assure you neither one is commenting OR cares what your opinion is about their team. Move along
Congratulations future father in law

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations future father in law

It’s the dad! Telling everyone red is the new black.

Like Reply Quote
Page 77 of 87 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard