BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,411
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 25 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 24 25
Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by baldbear
BElle Smith with the defensive save. Bad break for Cuse. They say she’s not a good defensive middie here on BOTC.

Potentially game saving defensive play. BC “D” showed up today. Will need better ”O” in the final.

She had to make that check because she got blown by on the dodge which happens quite frequently.

Yes it did. She also probably got lucky with the stick check. But.....hit a homer in the bottom of the ninth to put your team into the World Series, no one really cares what happened before that. Detesters gonna detest

Very true - she made the game saving play. She is very good at the trail check. And that is because she constantly gets blown by on dodges. This is a point when evaluating top midfielders. Its not just about scoring. Defense is a huge part of it. I admit that I think BS gets too many props as an overall middie. An offensive middie yes, she has great vision and distributes the ball well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard about all the rule changes being voted on by the NCAA in the next few weeks. How likely is it that these rules will be adopted. I minute green cards for flopping, 1m green card for cross check and playing 6v6 instead of 7v7. This would really hurt zone playing teams like Stony Brook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard about all the rule changes being voted on by the NCAA in the next few weeks. How likely is it that these rules will be adopted. I minute green cards for flopping, 1m green card for cross check and playing 6v6 instead of 7v7. This would really hurt zone playing teams like Stony Brook.

Love the flopping rule. detest 6v6. Bald Bear. Anyway someone at BOTC gets a better CAPTCHA. Half the time I can’t tell what the letter is. Capital or not?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You would think with Levy spearheading the changes they are likely to be adopted. Eliminating free position shots would be great. When is the vote?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
July 19th. Jenny Levy is leading the charge but she is part if a rules committee and that collective group is recommending the changes. Some very significant changes that will hurt teams like SB and help fast teams like UNC..They claim many of the changes are meant to make the game less physical and safer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not buying the claims. How do we now handle going from 12 scholarships to 11? Seems like a nightmare situation to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Chepenik went from Clemson to USF. 😳

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not buying the claims. How do we now handle going from 12 scholarships to 11? Seems like a nightmare situation to me.
Who said scholarships would change?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is from Florida, so maybe wanted to be closer to home? Interesting how she's going from one inaugural season (Clemson) to another (USF).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is from Florida, so maybe wanted to be closer to home? Interesting how she's going from one inaugural season (Clemson) to another (USF).

She was originally committed to Oregon, decommitted to go to Clemson, then moves to SF. I'm hopeful she finds what she's looking for at SF!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Love the flopping rule. detest 6v6. Bald Bear. Anyway someone at BOTC gets a better CAPTCHA. Half the time I can’t tell what the letter is. Capital or not?

I think if you register you avoid CAPTCHA. I agree it can be hard to read. Not my department though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She was originally committed to Oregon, decommitted to go to Clemson, then moves to SF. I'm hopeful she finds what she's looking for at SF!

Daddy is running that show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like the battle is heating up on rule changes.

Maybe US lacrosse should look at what they have approved from a stick and pocket perspective from suppliers. Have you seen a ref do a stick check after a goal. What a joke. Flex mesh because it has so much stretch in it when force applied(cradling) has changed the game. Oh them US lacrosse removes that rule.

Heck there was one stick approved by “someone”
Or an organization not watching out for best interest of game that had a hook edge to it they final deemed illegal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we finally put the Stanford is a good team debate to rest, they lost to a lower rated acc team at home, and not for the goalies great game it would have been running clock by the 3rd Q.

Please explain to the rest of us your obsession with Stanford. Did Stanford not recruit your daughter? Did your daughter not have the grades for Stanford? Did your daughter not receive the recognition that the Stanford commits and or players receive? Was your daughters team ranked below Stanford? Just curious what would cause someone to come on here and try to knock Stanford out of the blue.

Stanford is a great school with a very good lacrosse program. Overall, Stanford is probably a better "program" than 100 of the 120 or so current Division 1 women's lacrosse programs.

Smart people have been leveraging lacrosse to get into the best academic school possible for many years, lacrosse is simply a hammerhead not the end all be all. The players at Stanford have already "Won", what happens on the field is not all that important.

We will not hold our breath waiting for your response, we all know the reasons for your animosity.

I think the reason for some animosity is generated because you constantly come on here bragging about Stanford. It all started when someone "dared " to say Stanford was ranked too high .You came back with some bunch of non sense. There definitely seems to be a bias by those who rank the teams trying to show that the game has spread .The results this pass weekend clearly indicate it.

Have not noticed anyone "constantly bragging about Stanford". Stanford lost to Virginia, last time I checked Virginia is one of the 10 best programs out there so not the end of the world.

I could care less about Stanford, I didn't go there, none of my kids go there or plan to go there and my kids have never played against Stanford but there is no denying that it is a great school with a very good women's lacrosse program.

As usual, the animus is based on jealousy, bitterness, envy or a feeling of inferiority.

Great school, good program. Not winning the National Championship anytime soon but trying to knock them is just foolish. As the previous post pointed out, Stanford is one of the Top 20 or so programs and with the exception of the usual suspects you would be hard pressed to find more than 20-25 programs that consistently outperform The Cardinal.

So if Stanford is so terrible, what does that say about the 90-100 programs in DI?

Just my guess but I do not believe the players or the parents of the players who choose Stanford put lacrosse above academics.

People still on this Stanford thing. And always comes back to “it’s just jealousy.” But yet every poster glosses over the main point of the post. Just like it’s a Jedi mind trick and they can’t read the sentence and go right to jealousy. I’ll try it in caps. ALL THAT STARTED THIS WAS THE OOSTER SAID THE RATING OF STANFORD AT 13 WAS NONSENSE. AND GUESS WHAT, HE WAS RIGHT. Didn’t talk about the school. Didn’t mention other schools. All he said was Stanford was rated too high. And then they came out with pitchforks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we finally put the Stanford is a good team debate to rest, they lost to a lower rated acc team at home, and not for the goalies great game it would have been running clock by the 3rd Q.

Please explain to the rest of us your obsession with Stanford. Did Stanford not recruit your daughter? Did your daughter not have the grades for Stanford? Did your daughter not receive the recognition that the Stanford commits and or players receive? Was your daughters team ranked below Stanford? Just curious what would cause someone to come on here and try to knock Stanford out of the blue.

Stanford is a great school with a very good lacrosse program. Overall, Stanford is probably a better "program" than 100 of the 120 or so current Division 1 women's lacrosse programs.

Smart people have been leveraging lacrosse to get into the best academic school possible for many years, lacrosse is simply a hammerhead not the end all be all. The players at Stanford have already "Won", what happens on the field is not all that important.

We will not hold our breath waiting for your response, we all know the reasons for your animosity.

I think the reason for some animosity is generated because you constantly come on here bragging about Stanford. It all started when someone "dared " to say Stanford was ranked too high .You came back with some bunch of non sense. There definitely seems to be a bias by those who rank the teams trying to show that the game has spread .The results this pass weekend clearly indicate it.

Have not noticed anyone "constantly bragging about Stanford". Stanford lost to Virginia, last time I checked Virginia is one of the 10 best programs out there so not the end of the world.

I could care less about Stanford, I didn't go there, none of my kids go there or plan to go there and my kids have never played against Stanford but there is no denying that it is a great school with a very good women's lacrosse program.

As usual, the animus is based on jealousy, bitterness, envy or a feeling of inferiority.

Great school, good program. Not winning the National Championship anytime soon but trying to knock them is just foolish. As the previous post pointed out, Stanford is one of the Top 20 or so programs and with the exception of the usual suspects you would be hard pressed to find more than 20-25 programs that consistently outperform The Cardinal.

So if Stanford is so terrible, what does that say about the 90-100 programs in DI?

Just my guess but I do not believe the players or the parents of the players who choose Stanford put lacrosse above academics.

People still on this Stanford thing. And always comes back to “it’s just jealousy.” But yet every poster glosses over the main point of the post. Just like it’s a Jedi mind trick and they can’t read the sentence and go right to jealousy. I’ll try it in caps. ALL THAT STARTED THIS WAS THE OOSTER SAID THE RATING OF STANFORD AT 13 WAS NONSENSE. AND GUESS WHAT, HE WAS RIGHT. Didn’t talk about the school. Didn’t mention other schools. All he said was Stanford was rated too high. And then they came out with pitchforks.

And here you are bringing up Stanford again... How old is the post that you are responding to? Why are you even posting about Stanford?

I notice that you did not respond the the question asked at the end of the post that you are responding to, so here it is again:

"So if Stanford is so terrible, what does that say about the 90-100 programs in DI?"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I wrong in thinking that the rule changes that are spearheaded by Jenny Levy specifically benefit UNC and their style of play. They have never played a zone defense and that will now be way more difficult etc and even down to I think allowing metal cleats ( I could be wrong on the cleats but that is how it read). I think the comments by Amonte Hiller were very interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing wrong with teams using zone defenses, it does attempt to clog the middle. Try extending the arc for a year or 2 out to 9 or 10 meters. That will open up the space without changing the number of players on the field. An 8 meter going to 9 meter gives the goalies a chance to stop today's rocket shots. could ague it's safer at 9 meters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I wrong in thinking that the rule changes that are spearheaded by Jenny Levy specifically benefit UNC and their style of play. They have never played a zone defense and that will now be way more difficult etc and even down to I think allowing metal cleats ( I could be wrong on the cleats but that is how it read). I think the comments by Amonte Hiller were very interesting.

I haven’t seen it what did Amonte Hiller have to say?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And here you are bringing up Stanford again... How old is the post that you are responding to? Why are you even posting about Stanford?

I notice that you did not respond the the question asked at the end of the post that you are responding to, so here it is again:

"So if Stanford is so terrible, what does that say about the 90-100 programs in DI?"

It wasn't answered because reading comprehension isn't your strong point. No one ever said Stanford was terrible. No one compared Stanford with the other 90 teams . For the hundredth time, the only thing that was said, was they shouldn't be ranked 15th. Which they should not have been and that has been proven.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It wasn't answered because reading comprehension isn't your strong point. No one ever said Stanford was terrible. No one compared Stanford with the other 90 teams . For the hundredth time, the only thing that was said, was they shouldn't be ranked 15th. Which they should not have been and that has been proven.

Why are you still fixated on last years pre season rankings?? Only thing that now matters about last year is that Northwestern blew threw all the other pretenders. New year with new players coming!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you still fixated on last years pre season rankings?? Only thing that now matters about last year is that Northwestern blew threw all the other pretenders. New year with new players coming!

LMAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let it go Stanford guy. Some people can’t just admit when they were wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About what? What did your daughter do? Pretty sure it wasn’t much. Please tell, and while you’re at it let me know what top 3 school she will be graduating from, and the amazing job she’s lined up for. You do realize that in the real world, nobody cares about lacrosse but the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About what? What did your daughter do? Pretty sure it wasn’t much. Please tell, and while you’re at it let me know what top 3 school she will be graduating from, and the amazing job she’s lined up for. You do realize that in the real world, nobody cares about lacrosse but the parents.

Keep it going then. You look like the typical helicopter parent. Btw. They shouldn’t have been ranked top 15.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Dude. Relax. I think we all know where my daughter plays or at least some who think she plays. They were ranked 2 before the season and ended up in the top 20. Don’t get your undies in a bunch. No one is knocking your daughter. He’s saying they aren’t a top 20 team last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Considering the fact that more than half the teams ranked in preseason Top 20 finished the season ranked lower than their preseason ranking it seems strange that someone repeatedly needs to tell everyone that he correctly pointed out that Stanford's preseason rank was too high. Odd behavior to say the least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

…. “ And here you are bringing up Stanford again... How old is the post that you are responding to? Why are you even posting about Stanford? ”……

^^^^^ What he said.^^^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Not_Belles_Mommy]

Dude. Relax. I think we all know where my daughter plays or at least some who think she plays. They were ranked 2 before the season and ended up in the top 20. Don’t get your undies in a bunch. No one is knocking your daughter. He’s saying they aren’t a top 20 team last year.[/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*^
What he said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Not_Belles_Mommy]

Dude. Relax. I think we all know where my daughter plays or at least some who think she plays. They were ranked 2 before the season and ended up in the top 20. Don’t get your undies in a bunch. No one is knocking your daughter. He’s saying they aren’t a top 20 team last year.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*^
What he said[/quote]

Lol, still talking about last year. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Not_Belles_Mommy]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*^
What he said

Lol, still talking about last year. Get a life.[/quote]

Talking about three months ago. Get a life says the guy who keeps posting on a forum because someone thinks his daughters team wasn’t top 15. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotta love the 🚁 👩 on this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC is going to be interesting next year , lots of attackers that play the same position essentially . Surprised at the Stanford transfer but my guess her and her sister red shirt for a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC is going to be interesting next year , lots of attackers that play the same position essentially . Surprised at the Stanford transfer but my guess her and her sister red shirt for a year.

Why would anyone make Chloe Humphrey sit out a year? Did you see her play? She will be a huge impact player from the start. Her sister will play too because she is about to graduate. UNC has the luxury of an abundance of young talent. But you don't sit two stars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly comment. The Humphrey sisters will both be full time starters on UNC for the next two years. The Stanford attack has 2 years of eligibility. The other UNC attackers will have to scrap for play time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole “redshirting” because you don’t play needs to go-makes no sense in my opinion. UNC has great talent on attack, so yes it’ll be interesting to see who it affects with her coming in. Don’t see her “sitting” on the bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Silly comment. The Humphrey sisters will both be full time starters on UNC for the next two years. The Stanford attack has 2 years of eligibility. The other UNC attackers will have to scrap for play time.

So you sit Casey, Wurzburger or Godine (the leading scorers) so both Humphrey girls can start at attack? I think the Stanford transfer either moves to midfield (where UNC is always deep) or is the sub.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both freshmen had a big year in 2023, Godine and White. UNC is loaded at attack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you sit Casey, Wurzburger or Godine (the leading scorers) so both Humphrey girls can start at attack? I think the Stanford transfer either moves to midfield (where UNC is always deep) or is the sub.

Lol on the midfield comment. Wuzberger and Godine will play high attack. Humphrey isn’t transferring to be a sub she will be playing along side her sister.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol on the midfield comment. Wuzberger and Godine will play high attack. Humphrey isn’t transferring to be a sub she will be playing along side her sister.
ok dad...or mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very easy to play with more than 4 attackers. The 5th can come in on a string. This assumes they dont adopt the proposed 6v6 change next month.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 25 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard