BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,411
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 25 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 24 25
Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here’s a shout out to all of the LI Ladies (that do not play for your favorite top teams because they actually wanted to play and not ride the bench), who had tremendous seasons in their conferences!!

There are many reasons athletes don’t choose top lacrosse programs. Kudos to them for making a difference in their programs, having a great academic, lacrosse and social balance.

So true. That’s what it’s about. I tell my daughter you’re nuts wanting to go to a top 15 team and not play. Go top 25-50, school you love and where you are going to play from year one.
She didn’t listen. But she still enjoys it.

To each her own.

I will choose to give a shout out to all the players who have the courage to challenge themselves, to the players who believe in themselves and their ability. I will shout out to the players who want to compete against the best, to the players that know that the reward comes from the daily effort, grind and process.

I will shout out to all who are willing to lay it all on the line each and every day even if they do not see the field on game day. I give my shout out to all who face adversity and never quit, to the ones who support their teammates and work hard each day in practice to help prepare the team for the game. I will give my shout out to all who play for the women next to them, to the players who believe in being part of something larger than themselves.

I will leave you with the following quote to meditate on:

"I judge you unfortunate because you have never lived through misfortune. You have passed through life without an opponent - no one can know what you are capable of, not even you."

- Seneca

Think you missed the point of the post. Congrats.

Looks to me like the point was intended to bash the young women at the top programs who do not get much game time.
You are playing chess while they are playing checkers. Their original post was absolutely meant to degrade those players that wanted the challenge of playing at the highest levels ,

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a shout out to all of the LI Ladies (that do not play for your favorite top teams because they actually wanted to play and not ride the bench), who had tremendous seasons in their conferences!!

There are many reasons athletes don’t choose top lacrosse programs. Kudos to them for making a difference in their programs, having a great academic, lacrosse and social balance.

So true. That’s what it’s about. I tell my daughter you’re nuts wanting to go to a top 15 team and not play. Go top 25-50, school you love and where you are going to play from year one.

To each her own.

I will choose to give a shout out to all the players who have the courage to challenge themselves, to the players who believe in themselves and their ability. I will shout out to the players who want to compete against the best, to the players that know that the reward comes from the daily effort, grind and process.

I will shout out to all who are willing to lay it all on the line each and every day even if they do not see the field on game day. I give my shout out to all who face adversity and never quit, to the ones who support their teammates and work hard each day in practice to help prepare the team for the game. I will give my shout out to all who play for the women next to them, to the players who believe in being part of something larger than themselves.

"I judge you unfortunate because you have never lived through misfortune. You have passed through life without an opponent - no one can know what you are capable of, not even you."

- Seneca

Looks to me like the point was intended to bash the young women at the top programs who do not get much game time.
You are playing chess while they are playing checkers. Their original post was absolutely meant to degrade those players that wanted the challenge of playing at the highest levels ,
Here is the question...how are you challenging yourself if you don't get to play? You challenge yourself in practice - with your own teammates?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll – May 8

After winning the Big Ten Tournament championship this weekend, Northwestern was voted into the No. 1 spot in the final regular-season poll. Boston College, Syracuse, and North Carolina follow to round out the top four after not playing this past weekend.

Denver extended its undefeated win streak, rounding out the Top 5 after clinching their third-straight Big East title and earning one first-place vote in the Week 13 poll.

The Florida Gators jumped two spots into the sixth position after topping James Madison in the AAC final, ending the Dukes’ 17-game win streak.

The Week 13 poll marks the last ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll of the 2023 regular season, with the final poll of the year set to be released on Tuesday, May 30.

The poll is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Prev

1 Northwestern (17 - 1) 424 (16) 1
2 Boston College (16 - 3) 405 2
3 Syracuse (16 - 2) 383 4
4 North Carolina (14 - 4) 374 3
5 Denver (19 - 0) 369 (1) 5
6 Florida (16 - 3) 330 8
7 James Madison (17 - 2) 311 6
8 Notre Dame (13 - 5) 300 7
9 Loyola (17 - 2) 294 9
10 Stony Brook (14 - 3) 265 11
11 Maryland (14 - 6) 253 10
12 Virginia (11 - 6) 241 12
13 Penn (13 - 4) 217 14
14 Army (15 - 3) 196 15
15 Michigan (11 - 7) 180 16
16 UMass (16 - 2) 137 13
17 Richmond (16 - 3) 135 22
18 USC (16 - 3) 134 17
19 Johns Hopkins (8 - 8) 107 18
20 Penn State (11 - 6) 99 21
21 UConn (12 - 6) 87 24
22 Marquette (15 - 3) 61 19
23 Clemson (12 - 6) 48 20
24 Rutgers (8 - 9) 41 23
25 Yale (11 - 6) 38 NR
RV Jacksonville, Navy, Drexel, Mercer, UAlbany

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll – May 8

The West Chester Golden Rams head into the NCAA Tournament with a perfect 19-0 record, sitting at the No. 1 spot in the ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll for the eighth-straight week.

No. 2 Tampa and No. 3 Pace follow behind, trading places from the week prior after Pace was knocked off by Le Moyne in the NE-10 championship game. As a result of the Dolphins’ win, 18-2 Le Moyne bumped up a spot into the No. 4 position, while UIndy rounds out the Top 5.

The Week 12 poll marks the final ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll of the 2023 season, with the final poll of the year set to be released on Tuesday, May 30.

The ILWomen/IWLCA Poll will be unveiled Mondays throughout the season. It is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.
Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 West Chester (19 - 0) 521 (18) 1
2 Tampa (17 - 2) 492 (2) 3
3 Pace (17 - 2) 482 (1) 2
4 Le Moyne (18 - 2) 464 5
5 UIndy (17 - 2) 441 4
6 Florida Southern (16 - 3) 426 6
7 Regis (CO) (17 - 1) 393 7
8 Wingate (17 - 2) 357 8
9 Rollins (15 - 3) 355 8
10 Flagler (17 - 1) 342 10
11 Maryville (17 - 2) 313 11
12 Adelphi (12 - 6) 303 12
13 Embry-Riddle (13 - 5) 264 13
14 Grand Valley (14 - 4) 249 14
15 Saint Anselm (13 - 5) 206 17
16 Bentley (10 - 7) 186 16
17 East Stroudsburg (13 - 5) 181 15
18 New Haven (11 - 7) 166 18
19 Lynn (12 - 6) 134 19
20 Mercy (13 - 6) 124 20
21 Kutztown (13 - 5) 106 23
22 Seton Hill (15 - 4) 104 22
23 Assumption (9 - 8) 76 21
24 Colorado Mesa (11 - 6) 53 24
25 Saint Leo (10 - 7) 30 25
RV Mount Olive, Newberry, Southern New Hampshire, Northern Mich., Lee

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll – May 8

Middlebury was unanimously voted back into the No. 1 spot, finishing the regular season ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll atop the rankings every week of the regular season.

Washington and Lee and William Smith followed in the second and third positions, respectively, while Wesleyan dropped three spots to No. 7 after losing 13-11 to Tufts on Saturday.

As a result of Wesleyan’s loss, Salisbury and the Jumbos bumped into the fourth and fifth spots to round out the Top 5.

The Week 11 poll marks the final ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll of the 2023 season, with the final poll of the year set to be released on Tuesday, May 30.

The ILWomen/IWLCA Poll will be unveiled Mondays throughout the season. It is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 Middlebury (18 - 0) 525 (21) 1
2 Washington and Lee (18 - 1) 501 2
3 William Smith (18 - 0) 483 3
4 Salisbury (14 - 3) 448 5
5 Tufts (14 - 4) 430 7
6 TCNJ (15 - 3) 408 6
7 Wesleyan (14 - 3) 402 4
8 Franklin & Marshall (15 - 4) 373 10
9 Gettysburg (15 - 4) 357 8
10 York (16 - 3) 354 9
11 Messiah (14 - 4) 307 11
12 Colby (12 - 5) 301 12
13 Trinity (CT) (11 - 5) 263 13
14 Amherst (9 - 6) 224 14
15 Williams (10 - 6) 212 15
16 Roanoke (15 - 3) 208 16
17 Chicago (16 - 2) 202 17
18 Pomona-Pitzer (18 - 1) 180 18
19 St. John Fisher (16 - 2) 165 19
20 Stevens (17 - 2) 92 23
21 Kenyon (17 - 1) 80 21
22 Cortland (14 - 4) 78 20
23 MIT (16 - 3) 62 22
24 Christopher Newport (10 - 8) 33 NR
25 Bowdoin (6 - 10) 31 24
RV Haverford, Geneseo, Denison, Ithaca, Union

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION I

Offensive Player of the Week

Izzy Scane – Northwestern University

Scane earned the honor of Big Ten Tournament MVP after leading the No. 1 Wildcats to a Big Ten Conference Title, taking down No. 16 University of Michigan and No. 12 University of Maryland along the way. Scane combined for eight goals on 22 total shots, registered five assists, and added two ground balls. The attacker currently leads the nation in points with 108 (81 goals, 27 assists). Her goal total ranks her second in the nation. This is Scane's third IWLCA Player of the Week honor this season. Northwestern earned the No. 1 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament and has received a bye to the second round.

Defensive Player of the Week

Emily Bohi – University of Denver

Bohi made a career-high 13 saves in the Big East Conference Championship game against No. 24 University of Connecticut. She posted a .684 save percentage in the 11-6 victory over the Huskies and was named the Big East Tournament's Most Outstanding Player and All-Tournament Team select. Denver is a perfect 19-0 on the season and will head into the NCAA Regionals as the No. 5 seed and will host the Southern California Trojans in the first round this Friday.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION II

Offensive Player of the Week

Keri Barnett – West Chester University

Barnett was named the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Tournament MVP after leading the No. 1 Golden Rams to its conference-record 25th crown over the weekend. Barnett combined for 10 points (8 goals, 2 assists), six draw controls, five ground balls and four caused turnovers across two games en route to a PSAC Title. The Nation’s Division II leaders have earned the No. 1 overall seed in the Atlantic Region and will host No. 4 seeded Seton Hill in the regional semifinals this Friday. This is Barnett's second IWLCA Player of the Week honor this season.

Paige Crandall – Le Moyne College

Crandall recorded 17 saves and was named the Northeast-10 Most Valuable Player after the No. 5 Dolphins earned a 14-13 come-from-behind win to claim the program's third Northeast-10 title. Her 17 saves on Sunday also marked a new career-high. This is Crandall's second IWLCA Player of the Week honor this season. The second-seeded Dolphins will take on the 12th-ranked and third-seeded Adelphi University this Friday in the opening round of the NCAA Division II Championship.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION III

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Elle Moshier – Plymouth State University

Moshier was named the Little East Conference Offensive Player of the Week after totaling six goals and four assists for 10 points to lead the Panthers’ attack on their way to winning the 2023 LEC tournament title and being named the LEC Championship Most Outstanding Player. She went off for a season-high five goals in Plymouth State’s 11-10 overtime triumph over Western Connecticut State University in the title game, including burying the game-winner on a free position attempt 1:08 into the extra frame. This Saturday, Plymouth will take on No. 13 Trinity College in the first round of the NCAA DIII Championship.

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Grace Osborn – Capital University

Grace led Capital to their second consecutive Ohio Athletic Conference Tournament Championship as the first-ever non-No.1 seed to win the tournament! She recorded six goals, three assists, two ground balls, one caused turnover and three draw controls against John Carroll University in the semifinal before exploding for 13 goals, two assists, and 12 draws in the title game over the University of Mount Union. Her 15 points against the Raiders is a new Capital single-game record, while her 13 goals tied her own single-game record. Osborn also crossed the 225-career goal mark, now standing at 228 goals in just 35 games. She has now earned IWLCA honors twice this season. Capital is set to take on Transylvania University in the first round of the 2023 NCAA Tournament.

Caroline O’Dea – Denison University

O'Dea was named the North Coast Athletic Conference Tournament MVP after finishing with 13 saves and a .619 save percentage in a 14-8 title win over undefeated No. 21-ranked Kenyon College. She made six saves in the third quarter alone and kept Kenyon from tying the game until Denison scored three goals in the final two minutes of the third quarter. O'Dea had a combined 24 saves and 15 goals allowed (.615 save percentage; 7.50 goals-against average), while playing all 120 minutes in the tournament en route to being named the MVP. The Big Red will take on Hope College on Friday in the first round of the NCAA Division III tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such a transparent post, the jealousy never seems to end with some of you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all the girls that play in college regardless of how competitive their teams are and their amount of playing time. No offense but the original poster was insulting to the players that go to the better lacrosse programs and dont see as much playing time as they would like. There is no choice that is the right or wrong choice for everyone.

A much better written post. If that what the original poster meant he should clarify but yes. There are no wrong decisions. If my daughter chooses to go to BC and sits for three years and she’s fine with that. That’s great. If she gets sick of it after a year, that’s what the portal is for. And if she chooses to go to a team like Coastal Carolina and play as a freshman but never get the chance to go to the final tourney that’s fine as well. It’s their choice.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does the transfer portal open up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To each her own.

- Seneca

Here is the question...how are you challenging yourself if you don't get to play? You challenge yourself in practice - with your own teammates?

You cannot be serious with this question. Yes the players on teams at the top lacrosse schools get challenged almost everyday whether or not they are starters. If you do not think they are highly competitive with one another then its obvious you do not know how hard they work. The fact that these top level players push each other is one of the main reasons these programs are so successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all the girls that play in college regardless of how competitive their teams are and their amount of playing time. No offense but the original poster was insulting to the players that go to the better lacrosse programs and dont see as much playing time as they would like. There is no choice that is the right or wrong choice for everyone.

A much better written post. If that what the original poster meant he should clarify but yes. There are no wrong decisions. If my daughter chooses to go to BC and sits for three years and she’s fine with that. That’s great. If she gets sick of it after a year, that’s what the portal is for. And if she chooses to go to a team like Coastal Carolina and play as a freshman but never get the chance to go to the final tourney that’s fine as well. It’s their choice.

No need to clarify, we all know who the post was trying to belittle young women. Small minded individuals always try to diminish others by attempting to elevate themselves or in this case their daughter. It never works.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Albany leading UVA 15-12 4 min left….one of our neighbors on Long Island ex-UVA says southern lax is elegant and graceful, NY lax in your face rough and tumble…excellent example here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Albany leading UVA 15-12 4 min left….one of our neighbors on Long Island ex-UVA says southern lax is elegant and graceful, NY lax in your face rough and tumble…excellent example here

What a comeback by the lady Danes!! We’re down 10-3 in the 3rd I believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the sport grows there wil be more early tournament upsets and everyone loves an underdog to shake things up! It's great foe the sport!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Virginia got killed on draws. Bad coaching. Need a change. They underperform year after year. Very bad loss. Congratulations to Albany, they played with heart!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Very competitive games today. Fun watching on west coast. Love the 9:00am start times!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Virginia got killed on draws. Bad coaching. Need a change. They underperform year after year. Very bad loss. Congratulations to Albany, they played with heart!

She graduates girls, get great feedback from players and has a NCAA team every year. Lax is a non revenue sport. Get a grip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with UVA. Need to look at men’s program and say why not women’s. Many schools need to do this overall. Same standard.

Lots of good games today for sure as evenly matched second round games across the board(except SU). UNC game much closer than I would have thought as road for them pretty clear. UNC defense struggled a little versus what I could see a very moving offense from UR. They played hard. UNC offense still work in progress right now. Need to be better against DU for sure

SB and Loyola a great game. Joe still brings it every game.

BC and NW still at top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prime example of players not choosing “big” programs so that they can actually play and make a difference.

And enough with the BS Grad Students playing it effected 4 years of this sport. One year to go. It will be nice to see teams play without these super seniors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the super seniors. Not a fan of the portal either but then again. Maybe I should be. Not fair to some of these kids that get recruited to play and then the next year they can recruit a kid who takes their spot. There was one instance on Maryland this year. Interesting to see if she leaves Maryland as a junior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the super seniors. Not a fan of the portal either but then again. Maybe I should be. Not fair to some of these kids that get recruited to play and then the next year they can recruit a kid who takes their spot. There was one instance on Maryland this year. Interesting to see if she leaves Maryland as a junior.

Here’s the reality transfer portal not going away and red shirt 5th and 6th year players are and have always been around. So stop with the poor me BS and work harder. When my daughter was a junior there were freshman coming in same age as her, life is not fair stop complaining.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here’s the reality transfer portal not going away and red shirt 5th and 6th year players are and have always been around. So stop with the poor me BS and work harder. When my daughter was a junior there were freshman coming in same age as her, life is not fair stop complaining.

Another winner on this site. And I doubt your daughter was anywhere near the level of Lipkin. But please continue to type anonymously from your keyboard while acting like a troll/donk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a feeling there will be a number of girls leaving Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with UVA. Need to look at men’s program and say why not women’s. Many schools need to do this overall. Same standard.

Lots of good games today for sure as evenly matched second round games across the board(except SU). UNC game much closer than I would have thought as road for them pretty clear. UNC defense struggled a little versus what I could see a very moving offense from UR. They played hard. UNC offense still work in progress right now. Need to be better against DU for sure

BC and NW still at top.

What exactly does Joe bring every game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prime example of players not choosing “big” programs so that they can actually play and make a difference.

And enough with the BS Grad Students playing it effected 4 years of this sport. One year to go. It will be nice to see teams play without these super seniors.

**** - "Prime example of players not choosing “big” programs so that they can actually play and make a difference." - ****

^^^^^^^^

Nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC and NW still at top.

What exactly does Joe bring every game?

Wow they let you post a quasi negative post about him. They’ll probably take that down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Loyola blue print should help bring in a lot of really good player to the "mid majors" going forward. Young women that are real good players, not "ranked" as a top 100, but physically equal or better than the "better" girls. Go to a winning school that is always near the top of their conference, therefore is in play to get an automatic bid to the national tourney every year. The Loyolas, JMU and Stoney Brooks have become top 10 programs because they win their conference and can bring in good recruits. The ACC will probably always have the most talent as a conference, but the Virginias of the world getting knocked out by Albany will not "shock the lacrosse world" going forward(see Inside Lacrosse article).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Loyola blue print should help bring in a lot of really good player to the "mid majors" going forward. Young women that are real good players, not "ranked" as a top 100, but physically equal or better than the "better" girls. Go to a winning school that is always near the top of their conference, therefore is in play to get an automatic bid to the national tourney every year. The Loyolas, JMU and Stoney Brooks have become top 10 programs because they win their conference and can bring in good recruits. The ACC will probably always have the most talent as a conference, but the Virginias of the world getting knocked out by Albany will not "shock the lacrosse world" going forward(see Inside Lacrosse article).

Complete nonsense.

What exactly is the "Loyola Blue Print"?

The following quote takes the cake:

"The Loyolas, JMU and Stoney Brooks have become top 10 programs because they win their conference and can bring in good recruits."

Thanks for letting us all know that it takes "good recruits" to become a Top 10 Program. Thanks for clearing that up, we thought you could become a Top 10 Program by bringing in weak recruits.

BTW, Loyola, JMU and Stony Brook have been competitive for many years. That said, I would be willing to bet that Loyola, JMU and Stony Brook have very average to below average results vs other Top 10 - 15 Programs over the past 5 - 10 years.

How have Loyola, JMU and Stony Brook done Vs Teams that finish the season in the Top 10? or Top 20?

Albany beating Virginia did not "Shock the lacrosse world". Upsets happen, nothing new, good for Albany but really nothing new about an upset. One game or one season does not make a program, performance over time is what defines a program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland is all about highlighting their #1 recruit - the same #1 recruit that caused them NOT to be able to go into OT against JMU because she tried to force the shot (missed) and missed a pass causing the turnover. Is she a good player? Yes. Is she a selfish player? YES! She only knows how to play when it's just about her - all teams that she has played on revolve around her. I was disappointed to see Lipken get less playing time this year - didn't deserve that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete nonsense.

"The Loyolas, JMU and Stoney Brooks have become top 10 programs because they win their conference and can bring in good recruits."

Thanks for letting us all know that it takes "good recruits" to become a Top 10 Program. Thanks for clearing that up, we thought you could become a Top 10 Program by bringing in weak recruits.

BTW, Loyola, JMU and Stony Brook have been competitive for many years. That said, I would be willing to bet that Loyola, JMU and Stony Brook have very average to below average results vs other Top 10 - 15 Programs over the past 5 - 10 years.

How have Loyola, JMU and Stony Brook done Vs Teams that finish the season in the Top 10? or Top 20?

Albany beating Virginia did not "Shock the lacrosse world". Upsets happen, nothing new, good for Albany but really nothing new about an upset. One game or one season does not make a program, performance over time is what defines a program.

I'm not nearly as familiar with Loyola and SB, but JMU has more than held their own vs top 10 teams in the past few years, including this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complete nonsense.

I'm not nearly as familiar with Loyola and SB, but JMU has more than held their own vs top 10 teams in the past few years, including this year.

Just took a quick look, since 2016 (not 2020 & 2023 because we do not have final end of season rankings).

JMU was: 7 - 17 Vs Top 10 Teams

JMU was 18 - 22 Vs Top 20 Teams

JMU Won the National Championship in 2018.

JMU, Loyola and SBU are all Top 15 Programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland is all about highlighting their #1 recruit - the same #1 recruit that caused them NOT to be able to go into OT against JMU because she tried to force the shot (missed) and missed a pass causing the turnover. Is she a good player? Yes. Is she a selfish player? YES! She only knows how to play when it's just about her - all teams that she has played on revolve around her. I was disappointed to see Lipken get less playing time this year - didn't deserve that.

She should go play with her sister at Penn State.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loyola doesn't belong in the Patriot League. They have never lost a regular season Patriot league game. This year every game was a blowout, they outscored Patriot League opponents162-43. League play is like scrimmages for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland really missed Cordingly this year and her selfless play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To complete nonsense guy, the post was made regarding the numerous posts that only credit the "top programs". The arrogance of so many posters that dismiss any school not "top ranked" amazes me, I'm sure you are one of these superstars that probably never played any kind of high level athletics. There is plenty of good lacrosse outside of the big 5(UNC, NW, Cuse, BC, MD). Recruiting is obviously the life blood of college sports and winning mid level conference with the chance to play in the tourney will attrack more of the top and overlooked players. The talent level of the teams outside the top 5 is closing the gap and creating great competition.

I doubt you were a math major, but every top 10/20/30 team has a very average or below average results against the top teams, that's what make the top teams so good smart guy. It doesn't take away the fact that there are many great places to play lacrosse for any young women that wants to study there.

You can continue to just follow the "top" teams and look down on all the other teams and the young women who work their butts off to be high achieving student athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bokker out at Ohio State. I wonder who is gonna get get that job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bokker out at Ohio State. I wonder who is gonna get get that job.
I'm curious why she is out with one year left on her Contract - can't just be due to their record?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To complete nonsense guy, the post was made regarding the numerous posts that only credit the "top programs". The arrogance of so many posters that dismiss any school not "top ranked" amazes me, I'm sure you are one of these superstars that probably never played any kind of high level athletics. There is plenty of good lacrosse outside of the big 5(UNC, NW, Cuse, BC, MD). Recruiting is obviously the life blood of college sports and winning mid level conference with the chance to play in the tourney will attrack more of the top and overlooked players. The talent level of the teams outside the top 5 is closing the gap and creating great competition.

I doubt you were a math major, but every top 10/20/30 team has a very average or below average results against the top teams, that's what make the top teams so good smart guy. It doesn't take away the fact that there are many great places to play lacrosse for any young women that wants to study there.

You can continue to just follow the "top" teams and look down on all the other teams and the young women who work their butts off to be high achieving student athletes.

Everybody gets a trophy.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 25 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard