Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a 91 parent here but must say 91 Smash is not over hyped at all. They are the top dog at 2022 and it is not even close. To go a step further playing against all the top teams I found Smashes parents to be the best of the bunch. I really think you have the Smash parents confused with the United parents who are way over the top...

You are a 91 parent because no other parent would speak like that. 91 smash is excellent. They got beat in Maryland by a good team so they aren't top dogs. More importantly, yes we are talking about 9 year olds and yes we care because in this day and age 9 year olds have been playing for 4 years and play all year round. If you are on a 2022 page and you don't care about 9 yeAr old lacrosse you Are a creep who should not be around children. With that said Halloween havoc is a fun fall tournament and the first chance for many teams to look at their new players in a a game situation but don't confuse it with a mid season tournament. It's just good fun in the off season

Much of what you say above is not wrong but when you say "done confuse" this tournament with a "mid season" tournament and this tournament is "just good fun in the off season" - suggesting of course the other tournaments are not for fun but are serious matters - you sound like a raving lunatic. I am a 2022 parent and I am on this thread because I do care about my 9 year old son's lacrosse. But caring about it and talking about tournaments with the seriousness that you are doing are very different. You need to get a big time grip on reality.

Fair comment, for most teams and players all year is all good fun. For a select group even at this young age such as igloo, 91, team li etc. the summer tournament season is not just good fun but they actually want to win. Different kids develop that instinct at different ages or not at all... And it's all good. But the fact that some 9/10 year olds get intense about winning is a reality. Maybe your kid plays lax but is competitive about wood working or puppet designing, it's all good