Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nobody is repeating 8th grade twice. Get a grip.

But many kids did pre first and repeated 8th grade

define many? You can't be 19 before your senior year in MIAA and play sports that year. That would constitute the mythical double hold-back -- ie being a summer birthday and waiting until kid is 6 start school and then repeating a grade later on. Is anyone aware of a lax player that skipped his senior year? I would imagine it's happened since they made a rule that against it. But it certainly not "many" at least in MIAA. Does DC/VA leagues not have an age limit? I have heard of some egregious examples of holbacks. Fall bdays where the kids is already older for his normal grade and then a holdback year. But the double holdback is a myth. And the number of single hold backs is exaggerated. Most middle school teams have 4-5 and most of them are summer birthdays. Some teams have more, others less.

The double holdback does seem to go against being able to play in MIAA in HS. But you are sadly mistaken on the amount of kids heldback. I know from actual knowledge,,,not hearsay that two different grades at one had close to 50% of boys held back in prefirst.
It was common knowledge that all MIAA schools had many kids that did prefirst. Add that up and clubs are full of heldback kids. And they are not all summer birthdays. Could care less why parents do it at school. It is their business why, But the take over of Lacrosse for these special kids goes completely against all youth sports morals