@BackOfTheCAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group
First!
What happened to Igloo for this grade?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to Igloo for this grade?

What happened? Trouble fielding a team?
I would like to know too.
having issues with people committing, tryouts too early.

All teams should do tryouts in Late July and give everyone a lax free Aug

All teams should do tryouts in Late July and give everyone a lax free Aug

True Dat!!
Any good teams looking for supplemental tryouts at this age? We were away on vacation and couldn't make tryouts. I have a son who plays Attack and is very good. I live in the Melville area. Thank you
Both empire and fighting ducks have yet to have tryouts and are located near Melville. I do not know if they have a team at this age group or how strong the team is/will be but both programs have success at the older age groups.
Any good teams looking for supplemental tryouts at this age? We were away on vacation and couldn't make tryouts. I have a son who plays Attack and is very good. I live in the Melville area. Thank you

He is in 3rd grade. Don't start eating your chest just yet. You have years to go!
Legacy is tonight. 530 east islip marina. Great team and coaching

Total flop. Legacy is a drowning club.

Low turnout? Trying to figure out who will be among the best at this age group. 91 will be good. Express had a very low turnout and not impressive talent at their tryouts. Igloo seems like a bit of a mess, kids passed on spots on the B team but then got call backs for the A team a couple weeks later after others didn't accept. Thought Legacy could be good. Their 2024 & 2025 teams are excellent.
91 has a lock on 2027. Not saying it to be a jerk, but nothing compares to them. When you start off as strong as they did all the good kids will keep flocking there for years to come.
Legacy 2027 will be legit. Tons of talent from out easy
Any idea why there were so many kids from 91 at the Igloo tryout?

Igloo couldn't even field a second team.
Anyone know if Igloo is still looking to field a second team?

That doesn't answer why there were 13 kids from 91 at the tryout.

That doesn't answer why there were 13 kids from 91 at the tryout.

Because 91 basically had enough for 4 2nd grade teams last year. They had a Manhasset team with about 25 kids and two teams coached by Spallina with about 50 kids so there were plenty of kids.
2027 results and teams made for 91. They only made 2 teams our of atleast 80 plus kids at tryouts. Both of their teams will be real good.
2027 results and teams made for 91. They only made 2 teams our of atleast 80 plus kids at tryouts. Both of their teams will be real good.

Did Igloo fill their team with 91 kids who got cut?
This post is ridiculous. This team will be legit. My kid is very talented. All the 3rd grade rock stars in my older sons grade are now middle of the pack with everyone else or have quit lacrosse. This is. Marathon not a sprint. Relax 3rd grade dads.
This post is ridiculous. This team will be legit. My kid is very talented. All the 3rd grade rock stars in my older sons grade are now middle of the pack with everyone else or have quit lacrosse. This is. Marathon not a sprint. Relax 3rd grade dads.

I agree! Parents were just wiping these kids butts just a couple years ago.

You know what is ridiculous? Making an A and B team for this grade. Directors should be ashamed.
Besides the top programs, any other suggestions for teams at this age level?

Agreed. These kids just finished second grade. At this age, if a kid can catch and throw they are automatically awesome. But in a few years all the kids will be able to do that (at least all the kids interested in travel lacrosse). At this point, athleticism, speed, quickness and aggression take over.

There are generally two resets. The first will come soon for these kids - its what I just described above. The second comes a bit later when they hit puberty.
Besides the top programs, any other suggestions for teams at this age level?

tryouts are over.

You know what is ridiculous? Making an A and B team for this grade. Directors should be ashamed.

From a business POV, if they have enough boys to do two teams, they will have two teams. How would you divy it up - two 'equal' teams? At some point during the season, one will perform better than the other, even if only by a small amount, and then the labels will be added after the fact by the parents. So, you're then at the same point - as a director, it may be easier to just go that route from the outset. Kids aren't locked into those labels year after year - each year's tryouts allow them all to be reevaluated, either within the same program, or with another.

From a business POV, if they have enough boys to do two teams, they will have two teams. How would you divy it up - two 'equal' teams? At some point during the season, one will perform better than the other, even if only by a small amount, and then the labels will be added after the fact by the parents. So, you're then at the same point - as a director, it may be easier to just go that route from the outset. Kids aren't locked into those labels year after year - each year's tryouts allow them all to be reevaluated, either within the same program, or with another.

At this age you need to develop a child. You shouldn't take their parents money if they can't play, but if they are good to great then develop them as a whole, unless you're worried about your reputation on BOTC by losers who say your team is a "B" team. If you are a director... go read leadership books, you might learn something about building a cohesive unit, strong will to have the players take care of one another, win/lose as a team, etc. Very important life lessons. What I learned in team building with average players is that they can accomplish much more than egocentric ball hogs and coaches.

At this age you need to develop a child. You shouldn't take their parents money if they can't play, but if they are good to great then develop them as a whole, unless you're worried about your reputation on BOTC by losers who say your team is a "B" team. If you are a director... go read leadership books, you might learn something about building a cohesive unit, strong will to have the players take care of one another, win/lose as a team, etc. Very important life lessons. What I learned in team building with average players is that they can accomplish much more than egocentric ball hogs and coaches.

So long as you have PARENTS caught up in the programs and A team aspects, the directors will do what makes the most money - very few of them a re willing to forego profits for what's best for the boys development, and it's mostly on the parents! People run businesses that provide services that the customers 'want' most and are willing to pay for most.

So long as you have PARENTS caught up in the programs and A team aspects, the directors will do what makes the most money - very few of them a re willing to forego profits for what's best for the boys development, and it's mostly on the parents! People run businesses that provide services that the customers 'want' most and are willing to pay for most.

Owners are A holes!!!!!!¡
Any info on new club teams S2S and/or 24 at this age level? Coaches for both these teams seem very accomplished...

Low turnout? Trying to figure out who will be among the best at this age group. 91 will be good. Express had a very low turnout and not impressive talent at their tryouts. Igloo seems like a bit of a mess, kids passed on spots on the B team but then got call backs for the A team a couple weeks later after others didn't accept. Thought Legacy could be good. Their 2024 & 2025 teams are excellent.

Any info on new club teams S2S and/or 24 at this age level? Coaches for both these teams seem very accomplished...

How many 91 teams are there? Indians, Orange & Navy

This year is going to be the year for 91 and Express. Igloo screwed up and can't field two teams, and Legacy can't pull enough kids.
9d1 has 2 teams at 2027
This year is going to be the year for 91 and Express. Igloo screwed up and can't field two teams, and Legacy can't pull enough kids.

Express gave offers to kids who didn't even go to the tryouts. And I'm not talking about kids they knew who didn't have to bother trying out, I'm talking about kids they never even saw or had any info on. Not a great sign...

Express gave offers to kids who didn't even go to the tryouts. And I'm not talking about kids they knew who didn't have to bother trying out, I'm talking about kids they never even saw or had any info on. Not a great sign...

Thats because a 2 grand check from an 8 year old who never touched a stick before is just as good as a 2 grand check from a kid who can catch, throw and shoot. Your only hope is that they segregate the kids based on ability is a way that is smart and sensible. But as a friend of mine who has a baseball playing son has said "travel is not travel if everyone is doing it."
True Blue has a great team. They also have top teams in 2025, 2024 and 2023 that compete with the top teams.
True Blue has a great team. They also have top teams in 2025, 2024 and 2023 that compete with the top teams.

FALSE. Not a top team. Not even an A team.
]True Blue has a great team. They also have top teams in 2025, 2024 and 2023 that compete with the top teams. [/quote]

You cannot claim to be a top team when you NEVER play in TOP tournaments(that goes for 2025,2024,2023 TB team specifically)....Just because a tournament might be spread over 20 fields, does not make it a TOP TIERD tournament.

Eventually you will stumble upon a real tournament and see what "top teams" play like.

Shows what you know. 2024 and 2023 play in AA tournaments. 2027 TB will be good.

They are 8! Not one if those kids are great!
True Blue 2023 plays in AA tournaments. That's higher then A lol. 2024, 2025 and 2026 play in A tournaments only. You do not know what you are talking about.

Shows what you know. 2024 and 2023 play in AA tournaments. 2027 TB will be good.

TB lost to town teams at the Long Ireland tournament in July. Have they changed the roster significantly since then?

TB lost to town teams at the Long Ireland tournament in July. Have they changed the roster significantly since then?

Now that is hilarious. TB deouche bag thinks TB is the greatest ever.
TB. is not a good team. Please stop. They are ok. That's it
.True Blue losers are in all the forums talking about how great they are. Worst team on long island hands down. Go away True Blue. No one cares about you and your red solo cups. Not in 2027, 2024 or 2023.
.True Blue losers are in all the forums talking about how great they are. Worst team on long island hands down. Go away True Blue. No one cares about you and your red solo cups. Not in 2027, 2024 or 2023.

Stop bouncing between threads spouting off your nonsense. No one cares. Some kids play for certain teams because of their childs skill level, cost or location. Cut your BS. Whether your kid is on the best team or the worst, let the kids play. You sound pathetic.

The fact you check all the forums is a joke. Get a life and let the kids have fun. Not a TB parent but, TB 2023 and 2024 are top teams. 2025 is good too. I have never seen the 2027 team play.

The fact you check all the forums is a joke. Get a life and let the kids have fun. Not a TB parent but, TB 2023 and 2024 are top teams. 2025 is good too. I have never seen the 2027 team play.

How are your B teams that JC coaches? Answer= total disaster!

TB 2024 did not play in AA tournaments. 1. There are only A and B tournaments. 2. My older sons team played them in the B bracket in a Tourney. I believe it was Forsberg. Check it if you do not believe it. Good team. But they avoid WP, Taz, can't be a top team if you do not face those teams.
[quote=Anonymous]True Blue has a great team. They also have top teams in 2025, 2024 and 2023 that compete with the top teams.

TB 2024 did not play in AA tournaments. 1. There are only A and B tournaments. 2. My older sons team played them in the B bracket in a Tourney. I believe it was Forsberg. Check it if you do not believe it. Good team. But they avoid WP, Taz, can't be a top team if you do not face those teams.

They are signed up for blatant we'll see how they do.
[quote=Anonymous]True Blue has a great team. They also have top teams in 2025, 2024 and 2023 that compete with the top teams.

They are signed up for blatant we'll see how they do.

They will do fine in the B bracket they signed up for
Team 91 hires criminals to coach your children. Well done.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch..../24884569/march-13-suffolk-arrest-report

WOW did you really search for a arrest report from 2015. It said arrested so don't know the full story but if you don't want your son playing there just ask for your money back and move on.

WOW did you really search for a arrest report from 2015. It said arrested so don't know the full story but if you don't want your son playing there just ask for your money back and move on.

Not the first time.... http://www.espn.com/college-sports/news/story?id=2816287
So we get it you never drank at all in your life as a teen or in collage so you're this guy is a bad guy.
We also know there are no second chances in life or no chance for someone to grow up and do the right thing.
everyone makes mistakes.....i am sure that you and your coaches walk on water.
So we get it you never drank at all in your life as a teen or in collage so you're this guy is a bad guy.
We also know there are no second chances in life or no chance for someone to grow up and do the right thing.

I am not the OP, but two things: 1. I drank plenty back in the day, but I never was arrested and drinking doesn't even come close to explaining being arrested for second degree burglary and fifth degree criminal possession of stolen property! 2. I would hope that all clubs follow common practice of criminal background checks for all coaches and directors, and if he was convicted in either case, he should not be allowed to coach.

You're right. I was arrested once as a teen and figured out it was the worst possible experience, and that it I was never going to make that mistake again.

What you're talking about is a guy who was arrested twice. The second time not as a teen but a 28 a year old. If you aren't an adult by 28, you'll never be one. Take a look at 2nd-degree burglary and see if that is a no-big-deal criminal offense. It is a Class C felony. Even if he plead it down, the fact remains he had to do something really bad to warrant that kind of a charge.

You're right. I was arrested once as a teen and figured out it was the worst possible experience, and that it I was never going to make that mistake again.

What you're talking about is a guy who was arrested twice. The second time not as a teen but a 28 a year old. If you aren't an adult by 28, you'll never be one. Take a look at 2nd-degree burglary and see if that is a no-big-deal criminal offense. It is a Class C felony. Even if he plead it down, the fact remains he had to do something really bad to warrant that kind of a charge.

The guy must have stolen your prom date or lunch money in HS.

I am not the OP, but two things: 1. I drank plenty back in the day, but I never was arrested and drinking doesn't even come close to explaining being arrested for second degree burglary and fifth degree criminal possession of stolen property! 2. I would hope that all clubs follow common practice of criminal background checks for all coaches and directors, and if he was convicted in either case, he should not be allowed to coach.

Why would a long island lax club follow criminal background checks? Look who 99% of the owners are!

Why would a long island lax club follow criminal background checks? Look who 99% of the owners are!

I believe all of these places look at background in terms of violent crimes. To the person that said they drank plenty in collage and was never arrested all it takes is for you to cross paths with campus police on a bad day so please. Second please search for the outcome of the case super sleuth. If you know the criminal justice system so well you know what you're arrested for, charged with and eventually pleaded or tried for are like apples and oranges. The guy may have a checkered past especially for the second offense but unless he was charged with a felony or accused of hurting kids in his care you need to go do something with yourself. A pet or a hug from your wife maybe.
Most people who do burglaries have a drug problem. The is how society is now. Second third fourth fifth chances. He he a disease, it's not his fault. Live with that while he coaches your kid.

I believe all of these places look at background in terms of violent crimes. To the person that said they drank plenty in collage and was never arrested all it takes is for you to cross paths with campus police on a bad day so please. Second please search for the outcome of the case super sleuth. If you know the criminal justice system so well you know what you're arrested for, charged with and eventually pleaded or tried for are like apples and oranges. The guy may have a checkered past especially for the second offense but unless he was charged with a felony or accused of hurting kids in his care you need to go do something with yourself. A pet or a hug from your wife maybe.

"...but unless he was charged with a felony ..."?????? He was charged with a felony. A Class C violent felony offense which requires a mandatory minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years if convicted. As per records which are publicly assessable to anyone with an internet connection, he was arrested for this offense twice in the same calendar year, and had to post bail twice. The cases are still pending. The good news for him is that one of the Burg 2 dockets was plead down to Petit Larceny, which is a class A misdemeanor (still a criminal offense). It was given a very long date for sentencing or control, so its possible that prior to judgment being entered he will get a further reduction to a non-criminal offense. Usually this means the individual is in some sort of program in the interim, although this information is not listed (nor would it usually be), and I just making an educated guess as to this particular fact. The other Burg 2 docket is just being carried along so its likely such will be dismissed once his case is finished. Almost certainly won't be convicted of a felony when its all over.

And before someone says something like get a life, he probably beat you up in HS, it took me about 30 seconds to look this up, and maybe another 45 seconds to type this - and I think its necessary to clean up what has been posted with actual facts.

"...but unless he was charged with a felony ..."?????? He was charged with a felony. A Class C violent felony offense which requires a mandatory minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years if convicted. As per records which are publicly assessable to anyone with an internet connection, he was arrested for this offense twice in the same calendar year, and had to post bail twice. The cases are still pending. The good news for him is that one of the Burg 2 dockets was plead down to Petit Larceny, which is a class A misdemeanor (still a criminal offense). It was given a very long date for sentencing or control, so its possible that prior to judgment being entered he will get a further reduction to a non-criminal offense. Usually this means the individual is in some sort of program in the interim, although this information is not listed (nor would it usually be), and I just making an educated guess as to this particular fact. The other Burg 2 docket is just being carried along so its likely such will be dismissed once his case is finished. Almost certainly won't be convicted of a felony when its all over.

And before someone says something like get a life, he probably beat you up in HS, it took me about 30 seconds to look this up, and maybe another 45 seconds to type this - and I think its necessary to clean up what has been posted with actual facts.

Let's just say that if I were a director of a club team, whether this guy was convicted or not, and I knew about this history, he would not be a desirable candidate for coaching in my organization! And no, I never was beat up in my entire life, I played two sports at the NCAA level, so enough with the ad hom attacks when you have nothing better to argue your point. Maybe it's just me, but under these circumstances, on LOng Island, given a choice between this guy and other options, there have to be equally good options WITHOUT multiple arrest records!
If anyone is looking for some oxy's on the down low, hit up the 91 staff.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-[lacrosse]...saulting-news-reporter-article-1.2635187

Let's just say that if I were a director of a club team, whether this guy was convicted or not, and I knew about this history, he would not be a desirable candidate for coaching in my organization! And no, I never was beat up in my entire life, I played two sports at the NCAA level, so enough with the ad hom attacks when you have nothing better to argue your point. Maybe it's just me, but under these circumstances, on LOng Island, given a choice between this guy and other options, there have to be equally good options WITHOUT multiple arrest records!

Who ever said that the club owners are intelligent? Come on, let's get real now. Next everyone will think a politician should govern the NCAA and make holdbacks on 91 legit to play in the wsyl.
If anyone is looking for some oxy's on the down low, hit up the 91 staff.

IT seems from the outside looking in that this young man has some issues, please leave it be.

Which travel team does Skelos coach?
He grabbed my son's lacrosse stick and threw it across the field and said, "do you want to go?"
Wow. We are talking about 8 years olds. Some may not even like the game in a few years. I agree with the athleticism and speed comment on what will separate these kids in a few years.

That Legacy 2027 team is very different from last year and will give the top teams headaches and may beat them. They added about 8 kids from that east Suffolk team that hasn't lost in a couple years and goal differential was off the charts.
Wow. We are talking about 8 years olds. Some may not even like the game in a few years. I agree with the athleticism and speed comment on what will separate these kids in a few years.

That Legacy 2027 team is very different from last year and will give the top teams headaches and may beat them. They added about 8 kids from that east Suffolk team that hasn't lost in a couple years and goal differential was off the charts.
Originally Posted by sufflax

Those ESM kids are really good! They seem to have a great town program out there. Heard the Columbus Day 2027 bracket couldn't get another team to complete the bracket, but the Gators, Express and 24 will round robin with each other.

Those ESM kids are really good! They seem to have a great town program out there. Heard the Columbus Day 2027 bracket couldn't get another team to complete the bracket, but the Gators, Express and 24 will round robin with each other.

The east Suffolk team the poster is referring to is MYO but who really cares, probably a troll from another team. Don't take the bait

The east Suffolk team the poster is referring to is MYO but who really cares, probably a troll from another team. Don't take the bait

NO BAIT--Just was paying those boys a compliment--thought they were from ESM as opposed to Moriches.

No troll. I was talking about Moriches. ESM is sold also. I believe ESM only loses to Moriches 2027.

NO BAIT--Just was paying those boys a compliment--thought they were from ESM as opposed to Moriches.

Whatever [lacrosse]!

No troll. I was talking about Moriches. ESM is sold also. I believe ESM only loses to Moriches 2027.

any idea on how the 90+1 2027 team is ?
any idea on how the 90+1 2027 team is ?

A team is lights out good but with a big roster. B team has some talent and a much smaller roster.
You're kidding me right??? A or B team at this age? You are a joke.
"You're kidding me right??? A or B team at this age? You are a joke. "

Um kids don't having differing degrees of skill or ability at age 8? Do you feel it is not appropriate to group them based on their relevant skill set AT THIS TIME? Sure things will change but this is the first snap shot. How else would you group the kids in a travel environment if you had enough for two teams? By height? skin pigmentation? Eye color maybe?
You're kidding me right??? A or B team at this age? You are a joke.

You are the one who is a joke. If they have, say, 44 kids, how else do you propose they split the kids up? Some kids will be very fast and athletic, with the ability to catch and pass on the run. Some kids will have none of these attributes. The later group will not touch the ball if on the same field with kids from the former. Why do that to 8 year olds? Splitting the kids up by A and B allows kids who can catch, pass and run to play with and against kids who can do the same. Kids who struggle with some or all of these skills can play with and against similar kids. Why is this not ideal?

There really should be an IQ test before people are permitted to use the internet.
"You're kidding me right??? A or B team at this age? You are a joke. "

Um kids don't having differing degrees of skill or ability at age 8? Do you feel it is not appropriate to group them based on their relevant skill set AT THIS TIME? Sure things will change but this is the first snap shot. How else would you group the kids in a travel environment if you had enough for two teams? By height? skin pigmentation? Eye color maybe?

Probably just make two equal teams to not pigeon hole eight year olds!!
Its travel, not town lacrosse. Agree for town level play but not at the travel level. You are what you are and should be grouped accordingly. Town different...
Its travel, not town lacrosse. Agree for town level play but not at the travel level. You are what you are and should be grouped accordingly. Town different...

They're eight years old! Over the next few years, I bet 50% of them move from being the the "weakest" to "best" to "weakest", year over year. That's the point, and what you don't get about youth sports development, especially at these ages. It makes no difference if it's PAL or club.
Its nice that there is a forum for each philosophy then and I don't criticize your view, but I share a different one.
Any predictions on what 2027 teams will be in the finals at Halloween Havoc?

The Express team is very good. They have been practicing for 6 weeks already.

The Express team is very good. They have been practicing for 6 weeks already.

Which is the Igloo A team? Glaciers Edge or Kodiak Rush? Anyone know who the Flying Tigers are? They won the 2027/2026 division last year.

Will be interesting to see a few of these teams for the first time. Not so sure about Express, the turnout for their tryout was pretty light. What town are the core boys from?
Express is no better than good town teams at this point. I imagine in years to come that will change...
Igloo 14-0 over Greenwich. Class act coach...way to make your boys attempt a pass in the offensive zone once the game was out of reach to try and teach the game...
Igloo 14-0 over Greenwich. Class act coach...way to make your boys attempt a pass in the offensive zone once the game was out of reach to try and teach the game...

Well you know they are the "A" team at 8 years old!! Isn't it more of a class act by Igloo's owner as well? Wasn't the head coach annointed by AA to get these 8 year old's to Denver?
Is Kodiak the better or the lesser of the two teams?
Better. but to be honest I thought they were the B team when we played them. Unimpressed. Maybe they were missing some guys in the morning.
Igloo put the Syosset varsity coach and son with Kodiak, and the B coaches for the older grade with Glacier. Hard to tell who is better because it looked like the goalie was significantly better on Kodiak when we played them. Crazy how kids are grouped at 8 years old when the teams will be completely different in one year.
Igloo put the Syosset varsity coach and son with Kodiak, and the B coaches for the older grade with Glacier. Hard to tell who is better because it looked like the goalie was significantly better on Kodiak when we played them. Crazy how kids are grouped at 8 years old when the teams will be completely different in one year.

Kodiak won all 5 games and ran up a total 44-5 score. The Express A team lost twice in convincing fashion. How is it hard to tell who is better? That team just rolled through this tournament without breaking a sweat.

Kodiak won all 5 games and ran up a total 44-5 score. The Express A team lost twice in convincing fashion. How is it hard to tell who is better? That team just rolled through this tournament without breaking a sweat.

That’s not express A. Wait until the express 2024 kid who is age eligible for 2025 reclasses to 2026

That’s not express A. Wait until the express 2024 kid who is age eligible for 2025 reclasses to 2026

LOL... that will help their score better.
how is the 91 2027 team?
Igloo A team was 5 goals better than a depleted town team with a bunch of 2nd graders... Don't make your Denver reservations quite yet Igloo...
how is the 91 2027 team?

They're sick. The way they run their 2 man game, man up/man down, rides and clears... they're on their way to Denver!!!!!!!
how is the 91 2027 team?

They're sick. The way they run their 2 man game, man up/man down, rides and clears... they're on their way to Denver!!!!!!!

Anyone going to Denver?
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

LOL

Isn’t that how Express runs it though? Every A team has “reclassed” & “holdback” kids.
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

LOL

Isn’t that how Express runs it though? Every A team has “reclassed” & “holdback” kids.

Awww, new dad, you're so cute.
Can a parent on 24 please duct tape shut the loudmouth dad? Does he even have a clue that when large numbers of people move away from him, he might be being an a$$?

He's embarrassing your son's team of 8-year-olds. Oh, and by the way, screaming at the refs just hurts your team.
Haha. All the teams have one of those guys. He’s funny. Got to give him a pass. He’s from franklyn Sq. He gets a pass he can’t help it.
Can a parent on 24 please duct tape shut the loudmouth dad? Does he even have a clue that when large numbers of people move away from him, he might be being an a$$?

He's embarrassing your son's team of 8-year-olds. Oh, and by the way, screaming at the refs just hurts your team.

He also has a son on the 5th grade team. Guy is clueless. Coaches his kid from the sideline telling. I feel bad for his wife and kids.
Haha. All the teams have one of those guys. He’s funny. Got to give him a pass. He’s from franklyn Sq. He gets a pass he can’t help it.

They don't all have one of those guys. But okay, it's your son's team that gets punished by the officials, not mine.
Who is the top team in the country in this grade? How many practices per week are they doing?
Who is the top team in the country in this grade? How many practices per week are they doing?

I seriously can't think of a dumber thing than to to try and determine the "top team in the country" for 8 year old boys playing lacrosse! What failings in your life, athletic or otherwise, make you ponder such things??!
Lol so funny , how is the 91 team , u tell us your a parent from the team I bet trying to feel confident paying $2,800 for 3rd grade lacrosse !! Please
Why 2027 playing up doesn’t 91 have 2 2026 teams , how do parents and kids feel that team is not laying up in there age group?

He also has a son on the 5th grade team. Guy is clueless. Coaches his kid from the sideline telling. I feel bad for his wife and kids.

Wow, with just 3 clues I know exactly who this guy is. I was at a clinic once with a parent yelling at his kid all the time. A clinic! Nuts. It's a small world an you can really make a name for yourself.
Yeah makes no sense why 2027 team playing to prove what ? Now what happenes when a 3rd grader gets hurt playing up ? Who’s fault ? That 91 has some clown coaches when guy all he does is scream such a loser !!
Have to respond to this bc you don’t have a clue!!! 91 2027 Team played up to challenge the kids and get them better. They had two great games a tie and 1 goal loss, and won another game handedly all against teams a year older! Playing kids older, bigger, and faster will alow them to develop faster and react to the game quicker.

The coaching staff for this team is an incredible group, who cares about these kids way beyond the game of lacrosse!!! So again, clueless!!!
No the team they one Handedly was a 2027/2026 was it ? Relax there was 3 teams total in there bracket . But why play up if there’s 2 other 91 2026 team already and another 2027 team .
No the team they one Handedly was a 2027/2026 was it ? Relax there was 3 teams total in there bracket . But why play up if there’s 2 other 91 2026 team already and another 2027 team .

There was no 2027 bracket. It was either play up or don't play. I agree that the coach with the rocks in his mouth is a bit much. We heard him from another field.
91 is the team to watch in 2018. The kids are working hard this winter, developing excellent stick skills and more importantly super chemistry. The team's bench is very deep too. Lord knows how this age group plays out - they're only 8 yrs after all. But having been around the game for decades I haven't seen a more well-balanced, athletic team at the 3rd grade level. The coaching, too, is superb. The kids are having fun!
91 is the team to watch in 2018. The kids are working hard this winter, developing excellent stick skills and more importantly super chemistry. The team's bench is very deep too. Lord knows how this age group plays out - they're only 8 yrs after all. But having been around the game for decades I haven't seen a more well-balanced, athletic team at the 3rd grade level. The coaching, too, is superb. The kids are having fun!

Are you for real?? You should have one of your friends read your post to you and ask him how much of a [ChillLaxin] you are. This must be your first child. Why does 91 get all these crazy parents? You've been drinking spiked eggnog too early today.

Are you for real?? You should have one of your friends read your post to you and ask him how much of a [ChillLaxin] you are. This must be your first child. Why does 91 get all these crazy parents? You've been drinking spiked eggnog too early today.

I am not the only one sir or maam? Others who have older kids that played 91 say the same thing jealous person!

Someone said that this team will be Crush Part 2, i guess for now they will be called Baby Crush

Someone said that this team will be Crush Part 2, i guess for now they will be called Baby Crush

Yeah, and Crush kids will never stay on the same team for the next 7 years! Ha, ha, if the rookies could only see the future.
Are you for real , 3rd graders . How’s all the kids in spelling , math and science . Are you one of the parents ? Are you one of the coaches ? Are you from inside lacrosse ? Who are you ? Must be connected with them somehow. If you are a parent does your child know your thinking crazy like that ? One word “[ChillLaxin]”
3rd graders still pee in there bed and this nut says team to watch out for shut up !!

The coaching is superb , well I hope it is when the director is the coach , how how the loud mouth guy all he does is scream is he superb too ? How’s the B team paying for the A team tutuion ?F

The coaching is superb , well I hope it is when the director is the coach , how how the loud mouth guy all he does is scream is he superb too ? How’s the B team paying for the A team tutuion ?F

looks like you were drunk when you wrote this.
He needs to dull the pain some way since his son didn’t make the team
I'm a first time 91 parent with a 2027 son on the "B" team. So far, I'm extremely happy with the decision. The coaches and kids are top-notch, and it seems like a good group of parents as well. We did one fall tournament (Mt. Sinai HS Nov 11), went 3-0 in group and made it to the championship game; they were a little flat early and fell behind, but came roaring back and nearly tied the game but fell one goal short. I'm really excited to see these kids this spring and summer. And having watched the "A" team practice this past fall, I can tell you they are an amazing and jaw-dropping group to watch. Very happy to be part of this club.
I'm a first time 91 parent with a 2027 son on the "B" team. So far, I'm extremely happy with the decision. The coaches and kids are top-notch, and it seems like a good group of parents as well. We did one fall tournament (Mt. Sinai HS Nov 11), went 3-0 in group and made it to the championship game; they were a little flat early and fell behind, but came roaring back and nearly tied the game but fell one goal short. I'm really excited to see these kids this spring and summer. And having watched the "A" team practice this past fall, I can tell you they are an amazing and jaw-dropping group to watch. Very happy to be part of this club.

Thanks 91 coach. No respectful dad would ever write this nonsense for a 3rd grader.

Thanks 91 coach. No respectful dad would ever write this nonsense for a 3rd grader.

Or....maybe it could actually be a first-time, maybe naive, happy parent who doesn't mean anything negative about any other club?

Or....maybe it could actually be a first-time, maybe naive, happy parent who doesn't mean anything negative about any other club?

No way would that be a parent, but knowing 91... They scout sucker parents.
unreal reading this , Words like (Top-notch, little flat early,roaring back , jaw-dropping group and the classic Amazing!! ) but the kids lost and went 3-1. Hope they have fun meet friends and enjoy it you never mentioned!

I knew someone on the B and they took off , one sided with the training and coaching .

You're a jerk. Crawl back to your miserable life and let this happy person be happy.
What the heck is going on in this lacrosse world 8,9 years olds ? The best kid hasn’t picked up a lacrosse stick yet people. The kid that plays soccer football , wrestling decides to play lacrosse in a year or 2 might blow away all your kids. The best kid now means nothing in 6 years from now . Hate to bust your bubble to all the parents that thinks the best kid will continue to play , might get burnt out , might not be interested anymore , may not get fast enough, tall enough , strong enough . Kid might rebel because crazy Daddy and screaming Mommy live thru them because they were never a athletic. I came across many many D1 recruits that started 6th even 7th grade. There’s a lot of good youth programs out there and fit for everyone. Doesn’t really matter that your 2027 team is the best. There’s always a team and a player that’s better. So what do all u parents want out of your kids go to MLL and make 5k a year ? Play at college with parents and friends watching because not even the student body goes and watch the game . After college lacrosse is done hate to tell you. So let me finish watching college football with millions and millions people watching and 80k at the game.

You're a jerk. Crawl back to your miserable life and let this happy person be happy.

Did you mean "snowflake" instead of "happy person"? Are they wanting for a participation trophy from JS??
What the heck is going on in this lacrosse world 8,9 years olds ? The best kid hasn’t picked up a lacrosse stick yet people. The kid that plays soccer football , wrestling decides to play lacrosse in a year or 2 might blow away all your kids. The best kid now means nothing in 6 years from now . Hate to bust your bubble to all the parents that thinks the best kid will continue to play , might get burnt out , might not be interested anymore , may not get fast enough, tall enough , strong enough . Kid might rebel because crazy Daddy and screaming Mommy live thru them because they were never a athletic. I came across many many D1 recruits that started 6th even 7th grade. There’s a lot of good youth programs out there and fit for everyone. Doesn’t really matter that your 2027 team is the best. There’s always a team and a player that’s better. So what do all u parents want out of your kids go to MLL and make 5k a year ? Play at college with parents and friends watching because not even the student body goes and watch the game . After college lacrosse is done hate to tell you. So let me finish watching college football with millions and millions people watching and 80k at the game.

Can’t disagree with you.

I've seen both the '27 Orange and the '27 White teams play and they're impressive. The above poster didn't put down any other teams/clubs. And he was clear that he knows they're still young: "Lord knows how this age group plays out - they're only 8 yrs after all." But at this stage they are both impressive teams made up of hard-working, dedicated kids (and parents). The coaching is excellent from what I've seen. And there's a family quality to the teams - it's evident to all who've seen them play. Regardless of how these teams do, the kids are having a blast and really enjoying themselves. They're learning to be good people too - teamwork, charity, friendship, sportsmanship, hard work. Kudos to the organizers and coaches.
Great to see good positive posts, not even close to being a 91 parent and not a newbie. Could it be possible that the 2027 BOC board can defy the odds and not spew negativity and hate about kids and other organizations? That would be amazing. Time will tell. Good luck to all!

I've seen both the '27 Orange and the '27 White teams play and they're impressive. The above poster didn't put down any other teams/clubs. And he was clear that he knows they're still young: "Lord knows how this age group plays out - they're only 8 yrs after all." But at this stage they are both impressive teams made up of hard-working, dedicated kids (and parents). The coaching is excellent from what I've seen. And there's a family quality to the teams - it's evident to all who've seen them play. Regardless of how these teams do, the kids are having a blast and really enjoying themselves. They're learning to be good people too - teamwork, charity, friendship, sportsmanship, hard work. Kudos to the organizers and coaches.

Who cares? Keep it to yourself. Our club is awesome and we don't spew it in your face 91. Go buy some orange t-shirts so we can visualize how awesome your club is instead of reading it on BOTC.

Who cares? Keep it to yourself. Our club is awesome and we don't spew it in your face 91. Go buy some orange t-shirts so we can visualize how awesome your club is instead of reading it on BOTC.

I doubt YOUR club is awesome. YOU are there. Glad it's not your kid's club or I'd feel sorry for him.

Best post ever. Don't forget to get the orange shorts to go with the orange shirt. Now that's a visual.
"....teamwork, charity, friendship, sportsmanship, hard work...." I love to see these virtues celebrated at any level – youth to pro! Hats off to the organization for reinforcing such qualities in its players. I’m keen to see these teams play in the Spring/Summer. Whether they win or lose the fact that they’re learning the value of dedication, commitment, teamwork, etc. makes them winners regardless of how the scoreboard reads.
"....teamwork, charity, friendship, sportsmanship, hard work...." I love to see these virtues celebrated at any level – youth to pro! Hats off to the organization for reinforcing such qualities in its players. I’m keen to see these teams play in the Spring/Summer. Whether they win or lose the fact that they’re learning the value of dedication, commitment, teamwork, etc. makes them winners regardless of how the scoreboard reads.

I just puked.
Can’t believe stuff I’m reading here . 2027 just a reminder they are in 3rd grade folks. It’s call development at this age , using both hands etc.. you people are crazy or maybe never played sports and living thru your kids .
Advice to 2027 parents...stay quite while the kids are playing. Tell them you loved watching them play and leave it at that.
What team is going to crush it at Shamrock Shootout?
This is 100% true.

To add: I see kids with tremendous speed and athleticism who are a step behind in stick skills but they probably have more potential than the kid being dragged by the obsessed lax mom overpaying and dragging her kid to every clinic available....he may have good stick skills but hate to be critical of a 3rd grader but has dead legs and couldnt get away from anyone.

Speed kills. Right now kids with great stick work stand out but the athletes will have the highest ceiling later.

So much time to see how these kids develop

This is 100% true.

To add: I see kids with tremendous speed and athleticism who are a step behind in stick skills but they probably have more potential than the kid being dragged by the obsessed lax mom overpaying and dragging her kid to every clinic available....he may have good stick skills but hate to be critical of a 3rd grader but has dead legs and couldnt get away from anyone.

Speed kills. Right now kids with great stick work stand out but the athletes will have the highest ceiling later.

So much time to see how these kids develop
Anyone going to Denver?
Anyone going to Denver?

Not sure what you're referring to, but if you're considering flying across the country with a 3rd grader to play lacrosse, you're nuts!
Any club teams looking for 3rd grader to add to there team ?? I wasn’t serious last summer is it worth joining a team now ?
Actually the “athletes” now very unlikely to be the “athletes” in high school or college. Kids develop physically at different ages. Just let them have fun and play the game
Anyone know what 2027 teams are playing at Penguin Invitational on 4/21?

Igloo
Team 91 2027 White is playing...which Igloo team?
Team 91 2027 White is playing...which Igloo team?

Dude are you the next generation of 91 dad's? I lived through this with my older son. You guys are too much. This must be your oldest son. Here's some advice...... Chill Out. Enjoy the ride. They all grow up differently, and the clubs sacrifice your son for a better player as time unfolds, or he's put on the B team because of politics.go home and give your son a hug and tell him "who cares who he plays.
Or....we already know and agree with everything you're saying, and love our sons no matter what team they're on or even if they play lax at all, and....wait for it....are curious about who is playing?

You're the one who needs to chill out. Sometimes, a question is just a question.
Or....we already know and agree with everything you're saying, and love our sons no matter what team they're on or even if they play lax at all, and....wait for it....are curious about who is playing?

You're the one who needs to chill out. Sometimes, a question is just a question.

Here's how it goes Mom.... you won't know who is playing until a few days before the tournament. Any other tournament you can go to "Tourney Machine" and download the app.

Legacy Gators; Inferno Lacrosse are a few.
Who are the top clubs in the age group? Thinking about who to try out for next year. Thanks in advance.
Hey you get what you pay for. Next year the price will increase like everything else in the NY metro area. Everyone will be around 3k next season mark my word. It’s all about what’s good for you and your child , how far you want to travel for practice and the right coach. I rather have a great coach with a child on the team because he’s all in. Been on a team with a Hs coach and was a complete mess when he’s there or not in the spring and really didn’t care and why is 91 tryouts in Maryland $65 compare to the prices in ny , Money Grabbbbbbbbbb
91 Orange
Igloo Kodiak Rush
Legacy Gators
91 White
Express
S2S
Empire-Green
the rest....(outlaws, igloo glaciers, mooselax, trueblue, hitmen)

Sound about right?
91 Orange
Igloo Kodiak Rush
Legacy Gators
91 White
Express
S2S
Empire-Green

Sound about right?

Nope, it does not sound about right.
Enlighten me, if you don't mind. Thanks in advance.
Now we are comparing 9 year old , please help me. Please
91 Orange
Igloo Kodiak Rush
Legacy Gators
91 White
Express
S2S
Empire-Green

Sound about right?

Looks right to me. The only one I’m not sure about is Igloo A only because I haven’t seen any of their matchups. Have they recently beaten the Gators?
91 White-LI Lax Champs--Team looks real good and on the rise.
91 Orange
Igloo Kodiak Rush
Legacy Gators
91 White
Express
S2S
Empire-Green

Sound about right?

Looks right to me. The only one I’m not sure about is Igloo A only because I haven’t seen any of their matchups. Have they recently beaten the Gators?

Looks like Igloo is the #4 spot with 91 white moving to #3.
What happened to Legacy, seems like they have gone way down hill. The second igloo team got a very easy draw, they should not have been in the top 4. Igloo Kodiak, and 91 both great teams, and Shore to Shore was a serious contender. Looks like some great competition in this age group.
91 Orange
Igloo Kodiak Rush
Legacy Gators
91 White
Express
S2S
Empire-Green

Sound about right?

Top 3 teams:
91 white
Igloo Kodiak
Igloo Glaciers
91 Orange
Igloo Kodiak Rush
Legacy Gators
91 White
Express
S2S
Empire-Green

Sound about right?

91 Orange
Igloo Kodiak Rush
Legacy Gators
91 White
Express
S2S
Empire-Green

Sound about right?

At the igloo invitational, Gators tied and then lost to team inferno/24's pick up team- Igloo A beat inferno 6-4 in championship. Igloo A is legit. Both 91 teams are top notch. Should be good competition for years to come
What happened to Legacy, seems like they have gone way down hill. The second igloo team got a very easy draw, they should not have been in the top 4. Igloo Kodiak, and 91 both great teams, and Shore to Shore was a serious contender. Looks like some great competition in this age group.

That was the 2027/28 Legacy team in Laxfest. Their A team was not there.
91 Orange
Igloo Kodiak Rush
Legacy Gators
91 White
Express
S2S
Empire-Green

Sound about right?

91 Orange
Igloo Kodiak Rush
Legacy Gators
91 White
Express
S2S
Empire-Green

Sound about right?

At the igloo invitational, Gators tied and then lost to team inferno/24's pick up team- Igloo A beat inferno 6-4 in championship. Igloo A is legit. Both 91 teams are top notch. Should be good competition for years to come

Mostly agree, except the 91 Orange team is in a class by itself. They will be the actual next Crush (many teams want to be, 2023 Bandits for example, but aren't). The coaches are a special kind of crazy and so are some of the parents. Not a bad thing, but not for everybody. Have to give them credit though because, for their age, they're absolutely amazing.
i happen to watch that IglooA v 91B finals game though had no dog in the fight. i was impressed with 91s toughness and heart. there were a few standouts who played excellent team ball. faceoff kid was lights out and controlled the games tempo. they had a strong and swarming defense too. cant imagine what their Ateam is like.
Never seen orange play, but know a few of the coaches and hear that its an unbelievable team. My son's 24 team has played the 91B team a few times and they are a well coached, feisty, talented team.
Now that we have heard all about the prodigal 3rd grade 91 orange team, does anyone have the scoop on the laxachusetts teams or eclipse? I am assuming Laxachusetts blk is the A team? I wonder if their 3rd graders have mustaches too?? And Eclipse? Are they competitive?
Based on what I've seen (one person's opinion):

91 Orange
:
:
:
:
:
91 White
Igloo Kodiak Rush
Legacy Gators
Shore2Shore
Express
Hitmen
Empire-Green
Mooselax
Igloo Glaciers Edge
TrueBlue
(Have not seen Outlaws)
What are good clubs in this age group to try out for, that are based out of Nassau County. Thanks in advance.
What are good clubs in this age group to try out for, that are based out of Nassau County. Thanks in advance.

Spallina's 91 orange... they practice 5 days per week.

Really what loser parent would go play lacrosse 5 days a week ? Insane for a sport that there is zero future at the end of the road.
Igloo, Express, Shore 2 Shore and 24 Lacrosse are all very good clubs that have tryouts in and practices in Nassau County.

Really what loser parent would go play lacrosse 5 days a week ? Insane for a sport that there is zero future at the end of the road.

and what loser coach has hair down to his feet, gutter mouth, and is the most penalized player in lacrosse history????

and what loser coach has hair down to his feet, gutter mouth, and is the most penalized player in lacrosse history????

With the most championship rings!!!
Hate to say it my son is not on that team but they are ridiculous seen them yesterday on Sachem field sweep the 2026 division again , future killer team. But serious there’s a Army of coaches on the sideline I counted 7 and 1 coach has a ridiculous broken voice dude really they are 9 . They can prob hang with there 2026 A team . Bad respect to play up and the 2026 B losing all the time. B team piggy back not worth the 3k to be on. JMO

91 White practices one day in Bellmore/Wantagh area and one day in Suffolk at Sachem Soccer Fields one block off the LIE. Pretty fair to both Nassau and Suffolk families. Good team, good coaching, parents are sane.
Parents are sane?...you silly goose...give it some time, they will come back to earth..
Having been through this with my older one don’t get too caught up in the rockstars at this age. Many of the “studs” at this age wind up middle of the road and kids you haven’t even seen or have rotten off as so so will surprise you as they head into middle school. And that list of top teams will change multiple times.
Yes, 3rd grade is way to early to predict that a dominant team will stay a dominant team as they get older. I have friends who have watched their kids play this team. The reports are that they are dominant because every kid can reliably pass and catch the ball in game situations. This is all you need to be dominant at 3rd grade. But as soon as 5th grade, every team will have every kid be able to catch and pass the ball. Then, you will need to be faster, quicker, stronger and more aggressive. Will this be true for this particular team in the future, who knows. Do they have have a better chance than any other team at this point? Probably yes, but future dominance is not certain yet.
Yes, 3rd grade is way to early to predict that a dominant team will stay a dominant team as they get older. I have friends who have watched their kids play this team. The reports are that they are dominant because every kid can reliably pass and catch the ball in game situations. This is all you need to be dominant at 3rd grade. But as soon as 5th grade, every team will have every kid be able to catch and pass the ball. Then, you will need to be faster, quicker, stronger and more aggressive. Will this be true for this particular team in the future, who knows. Do they have have a better chance than any other team at this point? Probably yes, but future dominance is not certain yet.

Fair points, and I agree in general. But the kids on that team are also top-notch athletes, so as long as they stay together and practice together like they have been they’ll be the next Bandits or Crush (no, my son is not on the team but I have seen them play multiple times).
Serious talent yesterday at the Igloo tryouts.
Any new 2027 teams affordable teams starting up beside all the money grabs ?
Hitmen 2027 are based out of Bellmore and had a good season.
A lot of Igloo..Express...S2S players at the 91 tryouts. Don't be surprised if your teams good players do not come back .
A lot of Igloo..Express...S2S players at the 91 tryouts. Don't be surprised if your teams good players do not come back .

I know a lot of top talent put on B teams who are going to make A teams elsewhere.

I know a lot of top talent put on B teams who are going to make A teams elsewhere.

And that 91 B team is better than pretty much any other A team. 91B beat Igloo A (a very talented team) for the LaxFest title. It’s more like 91 AA (Orange) and A (White)
91 tuition is $3250 for 2027 both teams
PLUS a 3.5% processing fee (are you joking, can you say money grab)
So its actually $3364-
So its actually $3364-

and you pay to have your son watch the holdbacks get most game time.
Team 91 rosters starting to come out.

So far they have release 2nd grade 2029 Pride team
35 players listed...... what?????
They should rename that Romper Room

Also released 3rd grade 2028 Orange team
24 players listed .... still too many
And 3rd grade 2028 White team
28 players... riduculous.Money Grab. They dont care at all about this team.

Just tells you to expect overloaded rosters for older grades as well.
Can you say money grab?
So its actually $3364-
dude ... how much time did it take you to post this on every age group. What a hammerhead
Team 91 rosters starting to come out.

So far they have release 2nd grade 2029 Pride team
35 players listed...... what?????
They should rename that Romper Room

Also released 3rd grade 2028 Orange team
24 players listed .... still too many
And 3rd grade 2028 White team
28 players... riduculous.Money Grab. They dont care at all about this team.

Just tells you to expect overloaded rosters for older grades as well.
Can you say money grab?

Come on really 35,24,28 what a joke people .
So its actually $3364-
dude ... how much time did it take you to post this on every age group. What a hammerhead

Not long at all. And everything is factually true.
Now the question is can you say money grab sucker.
Thank you for him or her that posted this call them out on it it’s great. Back in your face 91 and all the big clubs . Thx for posting it out them on blast. So does the 8 coaches on 2027 91 play for free.
Thank you for him or her that posted this call them out on it it’s great. Back in your face 91 and all the big clubs . Thx for posting it out them on blast. So does the 8 coaches on 2027 91 play for free.

Generally on most teams, coaches and assistant coaches kids, dont pay.
Anyone know how much United 2027 Cost are ?

And that 91 B team is better than pretty much any other A team. 91B beat Igloo A (a very talented team) for the LaxFest title. It’s more like 91 AA (Orange) and A (White)

80 kids at tryouts. White is getting even better if we don’t get stuck with the friends and family currently on Orange. I think they’ll end up staying a few more years while coaches pray they get better. At least, that’s what I hope.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum