BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 160 of 220 1 2 158 159 160 161 162 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymouse
I guess it depends on which team your on. Because this winter clinic is a waste of time.

Wouldn't call it a waste of time. The instruction and staffing are very good (including SS). But the facility is inadequate. I suspect that is how they kept the cost of the clinic down. $125 for 8 practices per session is a good price. I would pay more if they had a better facility such as KK, or somewhere where they had two fields instead of cramming onto one with 50 girls. I suspect they will see a large drop in the number of girls who sign up for the second session.

This is not a fashion show, no need to have a 5 star facility..(turf, balls, goals and coaches) are all that's needed. stop complaining and go pay more elsewhere you smug elitist. I don't care where my daughter learns as long as she learns. There will be no drop off as is affordably priced.

You are correct. Doesn't matter the facility. But why does everyone need to resort to name calling. Please remain adults.

The training is fine, the facility is not.. the bubble is filthy and it would be nice if all the lights worked... I counted at least 6 that were out on Sunday..
knock on wood... no injuries that Im aware off

If this is the 2017 dad that complains about something year after year you really need to find something more constructive to do than count lightbulbs. Take a look around on Sunday and notice that nobody wants to stand next to you anymore, just like at school functions-you bash the tournaments, the coaches and even the girls! Don't like it? Leave!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
she has to be more involved now and not BS. She cant have her best players defect to YJ in the alarming numbers that took place this fall. More hands on please.

Alarming numbers???? lol u are funny. Guess math wasn't your strong subject. Somehow you must have not learned the correct way to count.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by kidsgame
Can anyone confirm if there are girls being held back on either team for 2019 or 2020?

That means that the girl is currently in 8th gr and will repeat the 8th gr again making her a 2020 player with a graduation date of 2020.

Or

Is the girl a 2019 -8th gr playing down for 2020?

Big/good girl on TG 20 black is a hold back. not the same age as every one else, hence the better lax skills and IQ.

Can all of you please stop with the kid is a hold back. I am friends with the family and she turned 12 in the spring. Stop hating on this kid . She just happens to be a stand out player that is 12 and in 7th grade. You may be confused because she plays up when she plays hoops .

Nice try to cover it up.. Kid is a hold back! Not sure how long you all thought this was going to be held under wraps..cannot and will not reveal source of info.. But it's no lie.. Let's just say Massapequa is a very small place when it comes to who knows who. Before kid got held back was in same grade with my niece,who is 13 so am I to believe kid skipped a grade and then got held back.. How does that work?? Kids family member that plays for other club is the only true 12 yr old in that family.. I don't care either way but let the facts be facts and move on.

No cover up you have received bad intel. The cousin you speak of is my friends daughter. When this subject was bashed about last time I went to him and asked if his niece was a hold back. He laughed and said his daughter is older than his niece. Sorry to disappoint you. Have a nice day.

Womp womp. Sure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone confirm if there are girls being held back on either team for 2019 or 2020?

That means that the girl is currently in 8th gr and will repeat the 8th gr again making her a 2020 player with a graduation date of 2020.

Or

Is the girl a 2019 -8th gr playing down for 2020?

Big/good girl on TG 20 black is a hold back. not the same age as every one else, hence the better lax skills and IQ.

Can all of you please stop with the kid is a hold back. I am friends with the family and she turned 12 in the spring. Stop hating on this kid . She just happens to be a stand out player that is 12 and in 7th grade. You may be confused because she plays up when she plays hoops .

Nice try to cover it up.. Kid is a hold back! Not sure how long you all thought this was going to be held under wraps..cannot and will not reveal source of info.. But it's no lie.. Let's just say Massapequa is a very small place when it comes to who knows who. Before kid got held back was in same grade with my niece,who is 13 so am I to believe kid skipped a grade and then got held back.. How does that work?? Kids family member that plays for other club is the only true 12 yr old in that family.. I don't care either way but let the facts be facts and move on.

Hate to say it but you're correct, was just waiting for someone to let the cat out the bag. With that being said, there needs to be changes in the USL where they use the kids actual dob instead of grad year. I'm all for kids getting the xtra year of school if they're academically behind, I do however have a problem with those parents that use it to get their kids an advantage in sports. Not taking anything away from anyone's kid, but it is expected if kid is older to have better skills.

A kid can start kindergarten a year later or be left back early in their academic career. This would still make the child a year older than the rest in their grade. I would hope that parents don't think "oh let me hold Mary back when she's 4 or 5 to give her an athletic advantage web she's 13". Some kids are held/lleft back or LEGIT reasons. Stop belly-aching about it.

Legit holdbacks are not the problem, Holdbacks to be dominant in sports is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess her older cousin who plays for YJ 2020 is a hold back as well. You losers need to get over it. Shes better than your daughter and shes the same age. If telling yourself that she is older helps you sleep better at night then keep on ranting about her.

She should be good at 13 playing on 12 yr old team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess her older cousin who plays for YJ 2020 is a hold back as well. You losers need to get over it. Shes better than your daughter and shes the same age. If telling yourself that she is older helps you sleep better at night then keep on ranting about her.

She should be good at 13 playing on 12 yr old team.

We are actually on the same team with said girl. It is common knowledge on our team that there is a age advantage and that she was held over, this is not news to us, maybe to everyone else. With that being said, We like her, good kid and definitely most dominant on our team and she plays well. My kid plays lax because she likes it, I don't care if said girl is better. There's enough opportunities for everyone's kid to be seen. They all bring something to the game, so it doesn't matter if she belongs in a higher grade or if she's great at lax,she should be,she's older. but she also works hard and that cant be taken away from her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop looking for excuses why kids might actually be good. You are the type that looks to make others feel small to make yourself feel big. You clearly were a disappointed athlete and can't handle going through it again in your kids. Cut the crap and act like a parent. You can see right through you. We will bring tissues to the next game for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's great that all you fools keep feeding the ego of this 12yr olds parents. She is 12 and you can bash all you want. Massapequa is a town that everybody has an excuse as well. The girls is 12, your cousins uncles friends sister who gave you the information is 100% wrong. But you will believe she is older bc she is that much better than your daughter. She's a great player, most talked about 12 yr old on the island. Again 12 years old!!!!!!!!!! Get a life and a move on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's great that all you fools keep feeding the ego of this 12yr olds parents. She is 12 and you can bash all you want. Massapequa is a town that everybody has an excuse as well. The girls is 12, your cousins uncles friends sister who gave you the information is 100% wrong. But you will believe she is older bc she is that much better than your daughter. She's a great player, most talked about 12 yr old on the island. Again 12 years old!!!!!!!!!! Get a life and a move on

Sounds like you're the only one feeding the parents egos buddy, you must have stock in that family's dealings to be so defensive. worry about your own kid and let those that know the truth and don't drink the kool aid be free to say what they feel. nothing you say, nor how many insults you spew will change the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok mom or dad if you say so

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok mom or dad if you say so

Whether it's mom, dad, sister, brother friend or someone like myself who sees you can't win with someone as unintelligent as this animal... good for you for defending this KID! This sad excuse for a human being and father needs people to shut him up! We are all sick of hearing his jealous outrages. The only thing it shows is how very unintelligent he is!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He can't be that intelligent being on tg!!! Just saying!! And, I heard the 12 year old is not great. They need to get a hobby

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let it go , who cares the truth will come out either way and the ones on here stating the opposite will look like fools. If she is of age then take it as a compliment if not of age it is what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymouse
I guess it depends on which team your on. Because this winter clinic is a waste of time.

Wouldn't call it a waste of time. The instruction and staffing are very good (including SS). But the facility is inadequate. I suspect that is how they kept the cost of the clinic down. $125 for 8 practices per session is a good price. I would pay more if they had a better facility such as KK, or somewhere where they had two fields instead of cramming onto one with 50 girls. I suspect they will see a large drop in the number of girls who sign up for the second session.

This is not a fashion show, no need to have a 5 star facility..(turf, balls, goals and coaches) are all that's needed. stop complaining and go pay more elsewhere you smug elitist. I don't care where my daughter learns as long as she learns. There will be no drop off as is affordably priced.

You are correct. Doesn't matter the facility. But why does everyone need to resort to name calling. Please remain adults.

The training is fine, the facility is not.. the bubble is filthy and it would be nice if all the lights worked... I counted at least 6 that were out on Sunday..
knock on wood... no injuries that Im aware off

If this is the 2017 dad that complains about something year after year you really need to find something more constructive to do than count lightbulbs. Take a look around on Sunday and notice that nobody wants to stand next to you anymore, just like at school functions-you bash the tournaments, the coaches and even the girls! Don't like it? Leave!!

you got me all figured out.... looks like I'll be all alone on the sideline again this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I guess it depends on which team your on. Because this winter clinic is a waste of time.

KK is a dump. The training is good and my daughter will be signing up for the 2nd session. $125 for 8 sessions is a very good price.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I guess it depends on which team your on. Because this winter clinic is a waste of time.

KK is a dump. The training is good and my daughter will be signing up for the 2nd session. $125 for 8 sessions is a very good price.

Couldn't agree more, and we already signed up for both sessions, broken light bulbs and all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole thing stinks but very typical. i have learned throughout the years not to expect anything and we will not be disappointed. You get what you pay for people!!!!!!! If your cheap you get cheap coaching and facilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can always pay $200 for 4 wall sessions with the YJ at KK. As tempting as it sounds I'm going to pass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can always pay $200 for 4 wall sessions with the YJ at KK. As tempting as it sounds I'm going to pass.
There really aren't any "nice" or "big" indoor lacrosse or soccer facilities on Long Island. Not any clubs fault, need a big investor to build one along major hwy; LIE or Sunrise Hwy for easy access. The fairly new ISA in Sayville, is not full field, and now can't even stand up top to watch games, because there aren't 2 ways to exit in case of a fire.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It's not the facility that I have a problem with. It's the poor turnout of girls for these practices. I was so happy to do this instead of that crap 7 on 7 in Mt. Sinai. But the girls are doing the same drills they did 3 years ago. How many times can you make the girls do the weave? Girls aren't practicing with the girls on their teams either. Can't build chemistry if you're playing with girls that aren't on your team every practice. I'm rethinking signing up for the second session. SS wasn't there either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But for $200 you get to see Coach Curcio with bedhead in her PJ's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you always compare us to Yj? Obviously your jealous. Why don't you go to Yj? Who cares what they do. Let's improve this Ricky dink organization. There's plenty of places to practice. Google it!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal
It's not the facility that I have a problem with. It's the poor turnout of girls for these practices. I was so happy to do this instead of that crap 7 on 7 in Mt. Sinai. But the girls are doing the same drills they did 3 years ago. How many times can you make the girls do the weave? Girls aren't practicing with the girls on their teams either. Can't build chemistry if you're playing with girls that aren't on your team every practice. I'm rethinking signing up for the second session. SS wasn't there either.

The weave is one of the most important drill for any team to do. It is the game in a nutshell. My towns Varsity and JV teams run that drill 20-30 minutes at every practice. Watch next week and notice the amount of girls that can not physically do it. The best thing about the indoor practices is that it exposes many strengths and weaknesses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see any problem with the training on Sundays other than too crowded. Maybe top guns could change from years to each team so instead of all 2019 going together make three sessions . Of course it would cost more but worth it for the girls to practice with their team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
costal. Hauppauge

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At least she wakes up to attend practice. Not like the TG coach who sleeps on the sidelines. Oh wait. Is his last name smith

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal

The weave is one of the most important drill for any team to do. It is the game in a nutshell. My towns Varsity and JV teams run that drill 20-30 minutes at every practice. Watch next week and notice the amount of girls that can not physically do it. The best thing about the indoor practices is that it exposes many strengths and weaknesses.

I agree, My daughters team cannot accurately do it, so yes they do need to work on it to get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole thing stinks but very typical. i have learned throughout the years not to expect anything and we will not be disappointed. You get what you pay for people!!!!!!! If your cheap you get cheap coaching and facilities.

If you're with TG, why??? Go somewhere else, and see how miserable you are. Probably doesn't matter where you are...Shannon Smith is cheap coaching? Hopefully you're an outsider just starting crap. If not you're pathetic for staying and donating so much money for a product you can't stand!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So here you are complaining as usual......What would you like done during the winter months. Unless you have a better idea why dont you just SHUT UP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So here you are complaining as usual......What would you like done during the winter months. Unless you have a better idea why dont you just SHUT UP.

Half of the players on the teams dont show up because they are playing OTHER sports. Wake up!!!!! A lot of girls are multi-sport athletes who have in season commitments to their winter teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're with TG, why??? Go somewhere else, and see how miserable you are. Probably doesn't matter where you are...Shannon Smith is cheap coaching? Hopefully you're an outsider just starting crap. If not you're pathetic for staying and donating so much money for a product you can't stand!

Do us all a favor and take your daughter-who wears more equipment than the goalie-to another team. BS and your town are fed up with your cronic complaining!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do us all a favor and take your daughter-who wears more equipment than the goalie-to another team. BS and your town are fed up with your cronic complaining!

Sounds like somebody figured out who you are!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SS ran the entire clinic today, start to finish. The girls really loved it today more so than the other days (the other days have been good too, and Shannon has been at all of them, but today she ran whole group activities). I am not sure if it is because my daughter is getting older, but it seems like she it taking a much bigge role in club activities this year, as compared to last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please the practices are a joke

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please the practices are a joke

So stop going then

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Us poor people of MP have to deal w this idiot, he complains all year about school lax too! The running joke is we Thank God his daughter only plays 1 sport!
Pretty sure BS is getting to the point where he's going to toss him, maybe we should start a pool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THE ONLY THING THAT'S A JOKE IS YOU!!! THINKING THAT YOUR GETTING AN ADVANTAGE FROM SS. MAYBE ITS BECAUSE A LOT OF TALENTED GIRLS ARE GOING ELSEWHERE. WAKE UP AND SMELL THE KOOL AID.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yay!!!!! Its about time!!!!! Good for you. So jealous. Not.
SS ran the entire clinic today, start to finish. The girls really loved it today more so than the other days (the other days have been good too, and Shannon has been at all of them, but today she ran whole group activities). I am not sure if it is because my daughter is getting older, but it seems like she it taking a much bigge role in club activities this year, as compared to last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yay!!!!! Its about time!!!!! Good for you. So jealous. Not.

If you were not jealous or angry why would you even comment in such a way. Oh, that's right you have to justify the poor choices that you made for your daughter in having her play somewhere else in which you now feel trapped. The only way you can make yourself feel better is to try to knock down other clubs so you can feel better about yourself. Classic low self-esteem behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah you got me pegged you idiot.

Like Reply Quote
Page 160 of 220 1 2 158 159 160 161 162 219 220
Quick Reply