BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 45 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there is a club team in a sport that plays 10 on the field and has 13 division one commits, and if that club played tournaments but consistently lost to mediocre teams with less than 5 commits I would not even need to fill in a blank on what that sport is to guess. In lacrosse you can suck and it can work out great if you patronize the right club team with the right salesmanship. Watch high level club soccer club play (boys or girls) or high level basketball AAU play, and it is OBVIOUS when a kid is blown up and out of their league. If there is a mistake to put them there, they get made and humiliated really fast. Lacrosse has a way of bearding reality. Let's be candid, if the 91 team was stocked with great players they would not have the abysmal record they do on the field. It just wouldn't happen. And All Star games are cute and all, but they are also contrived to give kids looks or exposure as needed with the club or prep school coaches cajoling for it. Every dad on this board has seen that over and again. Once my kid committed the All Star game nominates stopped cold because on his team there are a few kids still going out after the few that have committed. It's good for business and frankly even at Maverik or UA underclass tryouts it is more of the same. Quite honestly, yes...I think a lot of these kids are either being recruited tobe practice players for no bucks or those are the programs I'd sell short if there was a market for it. We're an above average 2017 team with three uncommitted middies who I would put ahead of any 91 middie committed or not. The debates should hard stop at performance.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If there is a club team in a sport that plays 10 on the field and has 13 division one commits, and if that club played tournaments but consistently lost to mediocre teams with less than 5 commits I would not even need to fill in a blank on what that sport is to guess. In lacrosse you can suck and it can work out great if you patronize the right club team with the right salesmanship. Watch high level club soccer club play (boys or girls) or high level basketball AAU play, and it is OBVIOUS when a kid is blown up and out of their league. If there is a mistake to put them there, they get made and humiliated really fast. Lacrosse has a way of bearding reality. Let's be candid, if the 91 team was stocked with great players they would not have the abysmal record they do on the field. It just wouldn't happen. And All Star games are cute and all, but they are also contrived to give kids looks or exposure as needed with the club or prep school coaches cajoling for it. Every dad on this board has seen that over and again. Once my kid committed the All Star game nominates stopped cold because on his team there are a few kids still going out after the few that have committed. It's good for business and frankly even at Maverik or UA underclass tryouts it is more of the same. Quite honestly, yes...I think a lot of these kids are either being recruited tobe practice players for no bucks or those are the programs I'd sell short if there was a market for it. We're an above average 2017 team with three uncommitted middies who I would put ahead of any 91 middie committed or not. The debates should hard stop at performance.

Say you are right, which I am not saying that you are, but let's just say- doesn't it make sense to be on a team or club that can do so much for you? It might be good business, but in the end, kids are doing this not to play great youth lax, but to get something out of it- a scholarship, a better education, a school with better contacts etc. It makes sense to me to go with a club that has the ability to help produce the goal at the end. I doubt a single one of these players feel like they have been hurt playing for this team. They have all grown and gotten lots of exposure- leading to a fair number of commits to really good schools. I say hats of to this club and the team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club directors and coaches can certainly influence college coaches opinion's about a decent recruit. If the club coach has a track record of successful recruits playing DI, the college coaches are more apt to listen. Its when those kids don't pan out, the clubs lose their influence. Plenty new clubs are out there "selling" their kids to legitimize their businesses, and in the long run they'll be judged by those kids DI performance. We've all heard college coaches say how they don't recruit from certain clubs, states, HS's, etc. Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Philly Showcase scores?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To BOTC
Would you be able to forward the college coaches registered to attend the Fall Classic Showcase?
Thanks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Philly Showcase scores?

Yeah, did Team 91 play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws beat New Hampshire hawks and prime time - lost to 3 d national by one - finished fall 12- 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 10 years from now I will thank coach mule and 91 directors for helping my kid get a chance to graduate from duke yale penn Fairfield Michigan bucknell Cornell BU. Etc
I will have zero recollection at could care less how many games they won in summer of 2014 or fall or any other time.
Someone needs a reality check.
I sure hope you wish more for your kids so that the highlight of their life was their youth lacrosse wins and loss records
Your kids can't grow up until there parents do
Enjoy it while you can. 91 wins will be there in the years to come

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 10 years from now I will thank coach mule and 91 directors for helping my kid get a chance to graduate from duke yale penn Fairfield Michigan bucknell Cornell BU. Etc
I will have zero recollection at could care less how many games they won in summer of 2014 or fall or any other time.
I sure hope you wish more for your kids so that the highlight of their life was their youth lacrosse wins and loss records

You guys lost again, that stinks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws beat New Hampshire hawks and prime time - lost to 3 d national by one - finished fall 12- 1

How many newly minted 2017s on 3d national?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played 3d New England - not national. Nice try buddy.

3d New England also handled 91 by a solid margin (4-5 goals?). Solid program. Would like to see them up against the Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Boy, Dumb [lacrosse] I believe you meant, "of" not "or" if you are going to try and insult a team, any team for that matter, spell check, or proof read please, or maybe just don't say anything, better to be silent and fool people that you are smart then open one's mouth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say this about 3d New England, I saw them play summer 2013 then fall 2013 then this summer and fall and have also seen 3d Colorado and the 3d California teams. I thought very little of them earlier but now see those kids and teams have really developed and improved. One year ago I would have thought it was a joke if they were getting recruited heavily. Now I think these kids have blossomed so much you can't ignore it. We have some good teams here and MD and LI and upstate have some good teams, but a lot of those teams and their early commits are basically the same players they were in 8th grade. Turtles an exception. Now Crabs HS teams can't win their own watered down tournaments like the fall Autumn thing yesterday, and let's be straight...91 got worked pretty good by 3d New England and it was only for two reasons...the 3d team has better players and they play the game smarter with higher IQ for the game. They are well coached, skilled and play fast. If a college coach group was watching that game they'd have to consider pulling some offers and granting new ones if this type of developmental gap widens more. And we are not a 3d family, but believe me we are considering a change for our committed son to get better training and development. The clubs that are just all about showcasing and doing money grab events don't get it, and now I think I get it before it is too late. Get better or eventually expect bad surprises...like watching kids from 3d or C2C Texas or LB3 pass your kids by. LB3 actually gave Turtles a better first half than any other team this year. I think they were winning or tied at end of first half before Turtles revved. LB3 had some emerging players and take that seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You 91 parents are the best. Every forum here you brag about wins and how your teams are the best and then come on here and say you wish there was more for the other kids life than youth lacrosse wins. Well which is it? I am well aware of the recruiting showcase priorities - play competitive and get kids noticed. Winning is secondary but always a plus. You see, coaches come to see teams that play well and win. Also, you brag about your 15 D1 commits which is fantastic but avoid answering why, with all this talent, they fail to win. Any true player and coach wants to win every time they step on the field. Please understand I am not bashing these kids or their talent. Their committments I am sure (and know some personally) are well deserved. I am questioning why, for once, a 91 parent can't admit something to the effect of "we got outplayed" or "they were a better team today". A little humility goes a long way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You 91 parents are the best. Every forum here you brag about wins and how your teams are the best and then come on here and say you wish there was more for the other kids life than youth lacrosse wins. Well which is it? I am well aware of the recruiting showcase priorities - play competitive and get kids noticed. Winning is secondary but always a plus. You see, coaches come to see teams that play well and win. Also, you brag about your 15 D1 commits which is fantastic but avoid answering why, with all this talent, they fail to win. Any true player and coach wants to win every time they step on the field. Please understand I am not bashing these kids or their talent. Their committments I am sure (and know some personally) are well deserved. I am questioning why, for once, a 91 parent can't admit something to the effect of "we got outplayed" or "they were a better team today". A little humility goes a long way.

Time to give up on the 91 dads. No matter what, there is always a story line on top of a five goal loss instead of they were just five goals better than us today. To those who are lost on the point that being a great lacrosse player is all about playing great lacrosse there isn't much you can do to save them from the bench later in their careers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how many kids are uncommitted on 2017 91 Orange?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't you get it? Winning at club ball really doesn't matter anymore. It's a nice bonus, but my commited son on cares about his own performance. They could blow out every team, but if he does not play well, he considers himself a loser! Now, HS games are a little different story, because they actually count for something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 3d kids that you are saying are so much better then the LI boys, the 3 main kids from 3d that beat 91, are from Garden city, wow I guess 3d is such a great program that they have LI players. BTW at the 1/2 it was 3-2 3d was ahead, I will agree that 91 needs to step it up but I would pay more attention to the helmets then the 3d team name, remove the Garden city trio and that 3d team would not be the same. As far as a college "pulling a commitment", worry about your son and the shaky verbal you made, maybe the club you play with just isn't that good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 3d kids that you are saying are so much better then the LI boys, the 3 main kids from 3d that beat 91, are from Garden city, wow I guess 3d is such a great program that they have LI players. BTW at the 1/2 it was 3-2 3d was ahead, I will agree that 91 needs to step it up but I would pay more attention to the helmets then the 3d team name, remove the Garden city trio and that 3d team would not be the same. As far as a college "pulling a commitment", worry about your son and the shaky verbal you made, maybe the club you play with just isn't that good.

3d NE has had a couple LI kids for more than a year. And you'd like for everyone to know that 91 wasn't losing my much at halftime? Jeez. Maybe 91 kids have it made and the kids repeatedly showing them up on the field are on shaky ground, but that isn't where I see this going. If I was a D1 coach that used spots on 91 kids and saw that 3d game, I'd pound my assistants and their club ball owner buddy who fed me the hype sooner rather than later. I for one don't believe that coaches who have jobs on the line will roll with it if they watch some 2017 kids blow by the early commit kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played 3d New England - not national. Nice try buddy.

3d New England also handled 91 by a solid margin (4-5 goals?). Solid program. Would like to see them up against the Turtles.

All the 3D teams are national, there is no such thing as a team they pick that plays all season together.

They fly in who ever is currently the kids they are pushing and sometimes claim they are reclassifying for that tourney to win games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't you get it? Winning at club ball really doesn't matter anymore. It's a nice bonus, but my commited son on cares about his own performance. They could blow out every team, but if he does not play well, he considers himself a loser! Now, HS games are a little different story, because they actually count for something.

My committed son DOES care if his club team wins or loses. He was taught at a young age, "if they keep SCORE it matters!". So, he has that mindset and his performance falls in place.

Why do you even show up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you get it? Winning at club ball really doesn't matter anymore. It's a nice bonus, but my commited son on cares about his own performance. They could blow out every team, but if he does not play well, he considers himself a loser! Now, HS games are a little different story, because they actually count for something [quote]

Well that says it all doesn't it- "my committed son only cares about his own performance."- How you gonna win like that? That mindset should be corrected immediately- showcase tournaments are no exception.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA took care of 3d New England yesterday 10-7. Big game for FCA committed OSU attackman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA took care of 3d New England yesterday 10-7. Big game for FCA committed OSU attackman.

Nobody cares FCA attackman daddy, leave the promoting to Ty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My committed son DOES care if his club team wins or loses. He was taught at a young age, "if they keep SCORE it matters!". So, he has that mindset and his performance falls in place.

Why do you even show up.

You show up to play your personal best. That's what counts most. Club ball is for recruiting exposure. HS wins, and of course later college, are they only ones that matter, sorry. Winning the tournament is meaningless when compared to being a county or state champion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't you get it? Winning at club ball really doesn't matter anymore. It's a nice bonus, but my commited son on cares about his own performance. They could blow out every team, but if he does not play well, he considers himself a loser! Now, HS games are a little different story, because they actually count for something [quote]

Well that says it all doesn't it- "my committed son only cares about his own performance."- How you gonna win like that? That mindset should be corrected immediately- showcase tournaments are no exception.

If my son does not perform well, not only does he let himself down, he let's his team down. He might even cost them the game. He knows he must step up everytime he steps on. Play his best. Mistakes will happen but are used as a learning experience. If all kids thought this way, the team will excell. Do you get in now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, express parent that happened to just see the game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get that the priority is recruiting. I just want, for once, a 91 parent to admit they got outplayed or beat by a team that was better than them during that particular 55 minute game. It's always an excuse and now the excuse is "my son only cares about his own play". Just the attitude D1 coaches are not looking for!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny, sitting down with top D1 programs (Maryland, Syracuse, Bryant) during the recruiting process never once did a college coach ask, "What tournaments have you won, what was the score of those games..." they don't care, a lot of colleges look at other areas outside of travel to observe talent, showcases, HS games, tryouts for brine, jake reed. So who gives a crap about travel results, play hard, get better, get noticed. 91 will be fine, so what they haven't won lately, can not denny that the kids are getting committed from that program. Maybe they are strong players on there school team, or play great at showcases, in the end what matters the most? Fall Ball record or commits?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you even show up. [/quote]

Your son is well on his way to what matters...seeing the field and accomplishing a lot at the college level. You can bring the fight or you can sit and be a cheerleader. Kids who don't care about winning maybe should get a skirt on and some pom poms to practice up that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you even show up.

You show up to play your personal best. That's what counts most. Club ball is for recruiting exposure. HS wins, and of course later college, are they only ones that matter, sorry. Winning the tournament is meaningless when compared to being a county or state champion.

TEAM TEAM TEAM!!!! Colleges coaches NEED to see TEAM play!! Chemistry, share the ball & togetherness. That happens when you train and succeed with a CORE group of teammates. Your "personal best" is 2nd....no doubt.

Baseball is individualized event that your "personal best" trumps the rest. Team is key buddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you even show up.

TEAM TEAM TEAM!!!! Colleges coaches NEED to see TEAM play!! Chemistry, share the ball & togetherness. That happens when you train and succeed with a CORE group of teammates. Your "personal best" is 2nd....no doubt.

Baseball is individualized event that your "personal best" trumps the rest. Team is key buddy.

When a lax player fails play his best, he winds up on the bench if he is on an elite team. You can't help your team if you are making mistakes such as goalie not making saves, fogo not winning ball, attack missing pass, buddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get that the priority is recruiting. I just want, for once, a 91 parent to admit they got outplayed or beat by a team that was better than them during that particular 55 minute game. It's always an excuse and now the excuse is "my son only cares about his own play". Just the attitude D1 coaches are not looking for!

Nothing to admit because IT DOESNT MATTER AND NOBODY CARES! My son is going to a top school and is on his way to a great life! Keep living for your sons club wins if that's what you care about because nobody else does!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't you get it? Winning at club ball really doesn't matter anymore. It's a nice bonus, but my commited son on cares about his own performance. They could blow out every team, but if he does not play well, he considers himself a loser! Now, HS games are a little different story, because they actually count for something. [/quote]

You show up to play your personal best. That's what counts most. Club ball is for recruiting exposure. HS wins, and of course later college, are they only ones that matter, sorry. Winning the tournament is meaningless when compared to being a county or state champion. [/quote]

Baseball is individualized event that your "personal best" trumps the rest. Team is key buddy. [/quote]

When a lax player fails play his best, he winds up on the bench if he is on an elite team. You can't help your team if you are making mistakes such as goalie not making saves, fogo not winning ball, attack missing pass, buddy. [/quote]

Unless you are a coaches kid and he blames the other arm of the team for not picking up the slack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To say “all the 3d teams are national” shows you are either uninformed or ill-informed (and looking for some excuse why they win). The 3d organization is based on regional teams. Check out their web site and you will see regional teams from: California (5 regional teams), Oregon, Texas, Colorado, Michigan, New England . . .

Last summer they did put together grade based so-called National teams to compete in Philly Big 4 tournament. They also formed a separate U-15 National team that competed in (and won) the US Lacrosse National Championship. Here is what 3d has to say – “3d Pacific is the pilot program for what will become a series of 3 regional super-select teams; Pacific, Central and Atlantic, that will represent 3d Lacrosse next year.” 3d Select New England may have some LI players, but it’s not a National team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You show up to play your personal best. That's what counts most. Club ball is for recruiting exposure. HS wins, and of course later college, are they only ones that matter, sorry. Winning the tournament is meaningless when compared to being a county or state champion. [/quote]

Baseball is individualized event that your "personal best" trumps the rest. Team is key buddy. [/quote]

When a lax player fails play his best, he winds up on the bench if he is on an elite team. You can't help your team if you are making mistakes such as goalie not making saves, fogo not winning ball, attack missing pass, buddy. [/quote]

Unless you are a coaches kid and he blames the other arm of the team for not picking up the slack [/quote]

Thanks buddy, well I assumed your son was a top level player on an elite team. sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, and you should be glad my son shows up to play his best, he makes your son look better, that is as long as he's doing his best too, pal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since BOTC is not responding... Does anyone know which college coaches are coming to the Fall Classic at farmingdale?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since BOTC is not responding... Does anyone know which college coaches are coming to the Fall Classic at farmingdale?

Will be loaded with top D1, always is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91?? Weren't most of the committed kids newly transferred from other teams??
Outlaws and true blue are better than 91...
Does anyone know how many committed players are on TB and Outlaws?

Page 32 of 45 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard