BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Re: Boys 2016 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But this is a 2016 forum who cares about U11 here. The express will not bring all there teams in this league. Mike C coaches both the 2018 and 2016 teams they will be the ones to play in that league
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by LaxDad#14
Guys give them ther due maryland does have good teams to play. The differance is they concentrate on one ELITE team where if we did that on the island everyone is up in arms. Learn from MD the gifted kids should play together and the kids who work hard and want to play up have a goal to shoot at. There is no team on the island with the exception of the express who can play with the crabs. The express also will have a hard time with them. Lacrosse on the island is a money making buisness and there are too many teams competeing at AA. If we combined teams and had better AA teams on the island and concentrate on better competition for everyone else to raise there skills it would be a win win. Just a thought

Totaly agree with this statement.... Although my son is a 2019, I feel that the elite teams need to consistently look to play each other, whether in tournaments or leagues.... I've said on another post that I respect the express for joining NYPLL. This is the type of league that needs to be brought to the Island. My thoughts would be, NYPLL is equivalent to the NCAA. The Maryland teams would be in the "ACC" conference. Long Island teams would be considered the "Big East". Upstate New [lacrosse] and Western Mass teams would be the "NEC". You would have to play at a consistent level in order to stay in the league. This would be a win/win for both the organizations and the more dedicated players. We can learn from Maryland which is why the 2019 Dune Dawgs are playing in two tournaments in Maryland this upcoming summer...... Only looking to play the best!!!!

Don't kid yourself, you'll end up playing another LI team in the finals. There are only a handfull of competitive teams you will encounter at the young ages and there not in md. Until you play u-13 your just kidding yourself with all the self hype, that's when crabs, dukes, clams start to care.

Not kidding myself... No self hype, just trying to challenge the kids at an early age. If the crabs, dukes, loonies, are not serious until U-13, where are are they going to pick the kids from? Kids that are currently playing U-11. Another thing, intentionally looked for tournaments where LI have teams have not really played in the past. This goes back to the CageSage reference discussing what you should be looking for in team(organization) selection. If you are paying money to play on a travel team, you should make sure that your organization selects the most appropriate tournaments for your team. One of the tourneys we are registered to play will have teams from Central NY, Texas, Illinois, North Carolina, Virgina, as well as the Maryland teams....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont know what you are refering to. Long Island U-15 do not compare to maryland. This is a 2016 which is U-15. The express has played both the crabs and the dukes at U-15 level. They are great teams. Lets see 91, outlaws, fl$,and the riptide compete in the NYPLL with the express. MD goes after a team of great players. On long Island a team gets a handful of good players starts a team and takes your money. Look at the express they now are stacked with great players and everyone cryed that they did something wrong.
Guys give them ther due maryland does have good teams to play. The differance is they concentrate on one ELITE team where if we did that on the island everyone is up in arms. Learn from MD the gifted kids should play together and the kids who work hard and want to play up have a goal to shoot at. There is no team on the island with the exception of the express who can play with the crabs. The express also will have a hard time with them. Lacrosse on the island is a money making buisness and there are too many teams competeing at AA. If we combined teams and had better AA teams on the island and concentrate on better competition for everyone else to raise there skills it would be a win win. Just a thought

Totaly agree with this statement.... Although my son is a 2019, I feel that the elite teams need to consistently look to play each other, whether in tournaments or leagues.... I've said on another post that I respect the express for joining NYPLL. This is the type of league that needs to be brought to the Island. My thoughts would be, NYPLL is equivalent to the NCAA. The Maryland teams would be in the "ACC" conference. Long Island teams would be considered the "Big East". Upstate New [lacrosse] and Western Mass teams would be the "NEC". You would have to play at a consistent level in order to stay in the league. This would be a win/win for both the organizations and the more dedicated players. We can learn from Maryland which is why the 2019 Dune Dawgs are playing in two tournaments in Maryland this upcoming summer...... Only looking to play the best!!!!

Don't kid yourself, you'll end up playing another LI team in the finals. There are only a handfull of competitive teams you will encounter at the young ages and there not in md. Until you play u-13 your just kidding yourself with all the self hype, that's when crabs, dukes, clams start to care.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Nice A hole. I'm sure youre head of the class or lack their of

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont know what you are refering to. Long Island U-15 do not compare to maryland. This is a 2016 which is U-15. The express has played both the crabs and the dukes at U-15 level. They are great teams. Lets see 91, outlaws, fl$,and the riptide compete in the NYPLL with the express. MD goes after a team of great players. On long Island a team gets a handful of good players starts a team and takes your money. Look at the express they now are stacked with great players and everyone cryed that they did something wrong.

Don't worry, I believe Team 91 is scheduled to play in the Summer Finale this year. They should also be at TrState. Last year, Looney's and Madlax were there as well. A little head to head competition should answer your questions.

Is Express looking to play the best or are they avoiding the best on LI?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The express is again finding ways to give the kids the best chances to be and play the best. 91 has played no fall tournaments and have no idea how good the maryland teams are. Mad lax is not what it was and the looneys can play. Is tri state where you want to lay your hat. Why not go to the fl$ tourn and take on the crabs that would be a site. Until you come out of the closet and play a game go back to your 91 forum where none of your teamates and parents get along

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The express is again finding ways to give the kids the best chances to be and play the best. 91 has played no fall tournaments and have no idea how good the maryland teams are. Mad lax is not what it was and the looneys can play. Is tri state where you want to lay your hat. Why not go to the fl$ tourn and take on the crabs that would be a site. Until you come out of the closet and play a game go back to your 91 forum where none of your teamates and parents get along

You seem a little sensitive about this subject. The LI teams will play the Express during the summer season at some point. Then, we will be able to see what's what. Until then, it's all just speculation on everyone's part. I just find it interesting that Express has decided to take this team on the road and not play on LI. I would love to know where you guys are playing so I could see for myself.

Also, there are more non-91 people on the 91 forum than actual 91 parents and players. Over time, most of them have revealed their true identities.

BTW, some kids play other sports in the fall and winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The express will play on the island. This league is during the spring. The summer schedule will include some games on long island. Go to the nypll website and look at the schedule and you will find all of the information. The express players have the same fall and winter sports as does all other teams. The differance is they are all determined kids who want to play all year. We had 4 players from 91 on our team last year who are missed and are friends with the parents and players of this team. Knowing those familys I am sure they are just as commited to playing as this team is. I am hoping to see them return to the express

You seem a little sensitive about this subject. The LI teams will play the Express during the summer season at some point. Then, we will be able to see what's what. Until then, it's all just speculation on everyone's part. I just find it interesting that Express has decided to take this team on the road and not play on LI. I would love to know where you guys are playing so I could see for myself.

Also, there are more non-91 people on the 91 forum than actual 91 parents and players. Over time, most of them have revealed their true identities.

BTW, some kids play other sports in the fall and winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok. we'll see how long the team stays together.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Has your coach explained to you how the travel will play out. As you know, as it stands now, all of the teams are either in Baltimore, the Eastern shore Md., or Metro D.C. (Va)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It sounded like we will go down there and have 2 or three games in one or 2 days I think they are waiting to see if the dukes commit to have philly as a central area
Originally Posted by Lax parent
Has your coach explained to you how the travel will play out. As you know, as it stands now, all of the teams are either in Baltimore, the Eastern shore Md., or Metro D.C. (Va)?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess its a good excuse for the coach to catch a few Maryland games while he is down there.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
OK. Knowing the Crabs program, in the past we've hosted teams from Mass and had a nice spread for them at BL. Look forward to playing your boys. See you end of March.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im not even apart of 91, and i still know that is not 1% true. Ever here of Rockstar Lacrosse? Run by the 91 guys. Guess who played in it? 91...good try though!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Orange 2016 will crush Crabs, Looneys, Dukes and anybody else who challenges them this summer and be known as the best 2016 team in the country since there is no real competition in the grade on the Island. Is there anybody that can challenge them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah, an astute observation, quite creepy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is definately not a person from the Cudas, just another one trying to stir the pot. It will be a very competetive summer for the boys. Anyone who saw the Dukes or the Crabs play the Cudas know that it will be a highly competitive summer with 91 sure to get in the game. So that being said any BS being posted about the Cudas and how great they are is outsiders attemting to stir the pot. It is by and large a nice group of boys who have friends on a lot of teams on LI. Most off, they are all polite and have a great love for Lax and a strong bond.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Our Young Guns (U13 and U15 BLC Crabs) tournament teams have been posted on our website. I see a couple LI teams coming to Baltimore. Should be very competeive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is definately not a person from the Cudas, just another one trying to stir the pot. It will be a very competetive summer for the boys. Anyone who saw the Dukes or the Crabs play the Cudas know that it will be a highly competitive summer with 91 sure to get in the game. So that being said any BS being posted about the Cudas and how great they are is outsiders attemting to stir the pot. It is by and large a nice group of boys who have friends on a lot of teams on LI. Most off, they are all polite and have a great love for Lax and a strong bond.

I agree! My son is a different age group than the Express 2016 Orange (Cudas) but he is friends with several of the players trough clinic & mutual friends. All those Cuda kids are very humble & nice young men! Excellent lax players with a great attitude!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
true dat we gonna rock. N our swag is the best!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way crabs beat cudas this year - cudas eat crabs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat the Express in November at NPYLL Fall Fest so you obviously don't know anything about this team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat the Express in November at NPYLL Fall Fest so you obviously don't know anything about this team.

Your silence speaks volumes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hear that crunching noise? crab shells being crushed by cudas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is express orange 2016 the same as the Cudas? My son has played with and against several of the players from 2016 orange and cuda team, who are fine young men. They will have their hands full when they come to Maryland. should be some great games if they go up against the Hawks and Crabs. My experience is that all the teams have very talented players that go hard. It's Game time!!! Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Orange is not the same as the Cuda's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hear that crunching noise? crab shells being crushed by cudas.

Why did they pull out of the NPYLL then?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the Express Orange 2016 team was on the 'Cuda team but not all. Saw them play this past weekend against strong Laxachusetts and Leading Edge teams. Express won both games handily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be geographically insane to travel there (DC MD area) every week. I am sure these teams will meet again and they are all great quality kids.
I am also sure some troll will attempt to stir the BS.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It would be geographically insane to travel there (DC MD area) every week. I am sure these teams will meet again and they are all great quality kids.
I am also sure some troll will attempt to stir the BS.
There was an attempt this season to build a northern bracket for the NPYLL - a New [lacrosse]/New Jersey/Pennsylvania grouping. Unfortunately, that did not come together for Spring 2012. However, you should expect to see that this will be tried again with a little more time and planning for next season.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I hope this does happen. I will say it needs to be done by an independent group. As you can see in the tournaments so far, express will not support 91 tournaments, and 91 will not support the express. It clearly shows that this lacrosse stuff is really about the money and not the kids.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I must dis agree with you. Express has been ventureing out playing in philly, Maryland this week hosted 3 teams from 3 different states. With the exception of 91 express has played these teams. No need to play the same teams over and over. Look at the schedules express will be going where no other teams from here will be.The day 91 can draw laxachusets, leading edge, titans, crabs, dukes, looneys and countless others shows how strong the program is. 91 can not draw any of these teams why would express participate or better yet why would they let 91 ride their coat tails. 91 needs express to draw good teams. Express is about playing the best teams out there they should not support 91. Both laxachusets and the leading edge would have won the shamrock shootout express played them on sunday what type of compition did 91 have at their tournament
I hope this does happen. I will say it needs to be done by an independent group. As you can see in the tournaments so far, express will not support 91 tournaments, and 91 will not support the express. It clearly shows that this lacrosse stuff is really about the money and not the kids.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I must dis agree with you. Express has been ventureing out playing in philly, Maryland this week hosted 3 teams from 3 different states. With the exception of 91 express has played these teams. No need to play the same teams over and over. Look at the schedules express will be going where no other teams from here will be.The day 91 can draw laxachusets, leading edge, titans, crabs, dukes, looneys and countless others shows how strong the program is. 91 can not draw any of these teams why would express participate or better yet why would they let 91 ride their coat tails. 91 needs express to draw good teams. Express is about playing the best teams out there they should not support 91. Both laxachusets and the leading edge would have won the shamrock shootout express played them on sunday what type of compition did 91 have at their tournament

They are scheduled to meet at the end of the summer. Let the boys play and have fun without the BS. Sounds to me like you drank too much of the Express flavored koolaid. But then again, you have no choice after what happened last summer. Do you really think you are being scheduled against the best teams or teams you can beat to stroke your ego and justify your choice. The Express will not risk the embarrassmetn of having the team go else where if they can not satisfy the parents insatiable egos

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you seen us play than you know we are going undefeated. Cudas rule!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Grow Up, Guys! No need to argue...

My 2 sons now play in D1 Lax (Freshman & Senior) and they have never played w/ club teams.

My kids attended a couple of Showcases(MD/NJ/&College Camps) during their Soph/Jun yrs(as a single player) and that's when they got recognized by many College coaches.

So, just a little advise from someone who has been there before. Make sure your kid(s) work hard & have good grades first. Good Luck Everyone!

Lax Dad.

Joining big(?) club teams does not(can not) guaranteed anything. Trust me, they will take anyone willing to pay $$$. No offense... It's all business. I would not turn down anyone with $$$.
So do not wait your $ and time in summer lax tourneys...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one have results from kings point League Yesterday??
Can BOC Post?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But you've already lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wouldn't it be nice if parents actually thought before they posted. If you are a 91 parent stay on ur own board. Express stay on yours, Outlaws yours and fl$ yours.
Then if you have something positive to say come on here and talk it up, let it fly,let it be known the kids did great!
If you need to bash another kids team to feel good you need help. Even when they say things you may not agree with or feel they may not be what they say. Remember it may be a kid or a parent but either way you are not the LAX POLICE. If you think your 2016 can beat another like 91 and Express PUSH your directors for a game-set it up, demand it! A round robbin with all 2016 teams to see who the best 2016 on LI is. Then come on here and tell everyone what a great job they did. Oh yea until then SHUT UP with the NEGATIVES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kings point has all star Team Playing Baltimore crabs sun at 10am. Does any one know where there from or who kids are.(kings point allstars)??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the Kings Point All-Star team was selected by inviting the top players from each of the participating teams in the Merchant Marine Academy league.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Crabs boys did well up in LI this past weekend. We played a Conn team of men (pun), and won by 5-6 goals, then played the skilled "orange" Express team. Very good game won by Crabs by a few. Parents from LI are allot of fun. Look forward to another meeting. Sunday Crabs played the select team from the USMMA leauge and unfortunatly it was not much of a match. The LI boys were skilled but I think putting together a team last minute can be dufficult when playing a team like the Crabs who have been together since Sept.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 16 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard