BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Still don't understand how Stampede makes it to finals instead of Terps.Explanation?
Terps 3 wins/1 lose and beat Stampede soundly

Both teams went 3/1, but were in different brackets. Terps were in the West bracket, Stampede was in the North bracket.

Standings were:
Laxachusetts white was the winner of the West Bracket
LI Express NYC was winner of East Bracket
LIT Blue Sharks was winner of South Bracket
Team91 Stampede was winner of North Bracket

It's a "B" game what does it matter who wins it as long as the games were competitive.

Who won overall?

Stampede beat laxachusetts in a braveheart to win overall.

Any A players help Stampede out in final ? ? ?

No need

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BEST 7TH GRADE TEAM IN THE COUNTRY RIGHT NOW TO THEY MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. Keep telling yourself that. First line offense is very good. After that I wouldn't go crazy. You must be a parent of one of the "deep" kids.

3-4 good defensemen , They really don't get tested to much so hard to judge if they are any good. More of an offensive team and they can get away without a great defense[/quote]
You've told us twice that 91 orange is very deep. Keep telling yourself that. First line offense is very good. After that I wouldn't go crazy. You must be a parent of one of the "deep" kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BEST 7TH GRADE TEAM IN THE COUNTRY RIGHT NOW TO THEY MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. Keep telling yourself that. First line offense is very good. After that I wouldn't go crazy. You must be a parent of one of the "deep" kids.

3-4 good defensemen , They really don't get tested to much so hard to judge if they are any good. More of an offensive team and they can get away without a great defense
You've told us twice that 91 orange is very deep. Keep telling yourself that. First line offense is very good. After that I wouldn't go crazy. You must be a parent of one of the "deep" kids.
[/quote]

Now we are able to know how good they are compared to everyone all over the country and if they get beaten by somebody then that team becomes the best team. Give me a break. Try and be the best on the Island first and play the DD at least once instead of backing down, Bottom line it's about how your own kid does not the team at this level. HS and college is where it will matter most not here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be an Express parent... Defense is better than any I've seen anywhere.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be an Express parent... Defense is better than any I've seen anywhere.....

There are better defenses out there on the Island at least. As far as around the country I couldn't tell you. Believe me the best defenses aren't always the ones that let up the least goals. Sometimes a very good goalie can save some of the players (Hint) sometimes the middies get beat sometimes there are a lot of fast breaks. That doesn't mean you have bad defenseman. If the ball is in the offensive zone most of the game how good is your defense.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They should have the best team cause they have all the best players. That's the easy part but do they really develop any players. I'm sure the answer is no. They would never take a kid that us on a B travel team. It's great to have the best team but what does it all mean at 12 years old. Do u think anybody is going to care ten years from now. Eventually it will catch up to them because little Johnny is getting better every year and soon enough they will get knocked out of the box. If they want to do something good for the lax community then take five kids that need to get better and put them on the A team and help the kids that need it. We will never see that cause they want you to pay the money so that they can have the best team. If they were to do that then I would be impressed with the organization. As of right now they are no better then any other team. Show me something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They got chemistry on and off the field not just talent.. First class from parents to coaches we are lucky. You don't get to be "Best" without hard work. And yes it costs money.. Wait till high school when your little Johnny is watching from the sidelines.. I guarantee all these kids will be starters.

They should have the best team cause they have all the best players. That's the easy part but do they really develop any players. I'm sure the answer is no. They would never take a kid that us on a B travel team. It's great to have the best team but what does it all mean at 12 years old. Do u think anybody is going to care ten years from now. Eventually it will catch up to them because little Johnny is getting better every year and soon enough they will get knocked out of the box. If they want to do something good for the lax community then take five kids that need to get better and put them on the A team and help the kids that need it. We will never see that cause they want you to pay the money so that they can have the best team. If they were to do that then I would be impressed with the organization. As of right now they are no better then any other team. Show me something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They got chemistry on and off the field not just talent.. First class from parents to coaches we are lucky. You don't get to be "Best" without hard work. And yes it costs money.. Wait till high school when your little Johnny is watching from the sidelines.. I guarantee all these kids will be starters.

"First class", "costs money", etc. Wow, please pass the grey poupon!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your right so they might as well just keep that team together and not have any open tryouts just for the money. Tell your organization leaders that you guys are the best and don't see any need to change the team. Guarantee 100% that will never happen. SO in the end it's all about the money don't you see that. Wake up...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the backups will be starters as well.Even the kids that don't play much in tight games?. I hope you are right but I highly doubt it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious with the chemistry line.How pathetic does that sound. The parents get along . Lucky for you there is chemistry between them. Wait till you lose a game or two or certain kids don't play. Then see how your chemistry is.E2Ax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know who going to the NXT cup in Phili ?

Couldn't find any info on their website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are so right. Still didn't mention anything about taking a kid and actually teach them. You know why? Because it will never happen. The parents on my sons team are great. We et along so well. Please , who cares if the parents get along. It's about a good organization taking a bunch of kids and making them into contenders then you could talk. I guess we will not be hearing from you any more because they will never do it. Continue to be proud of the team that buys all the kids with the perfect record and by the way your kid may be on one of the worst high school teams then what. There are a bunch of little johnnies out their. Take a step back and I'm sure you will see a couple of them when your kid gets to high school. Never say never.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HDD and 91 Orange are both there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters going to NXT too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 White and I think Outlaws Black will be there as well.
Jesters going to NXT too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 2019 we are talking about 13 (and in some cases 14 or 15) year olds. Let's talk about who has improved and grown as a player.

Or let's talk about what people think of a tournament and how it was run.

Or let's talk about POSITIVE things we see in the players themselves.

Can we PLEASE stop attacking children. This smacks of abuse!!

In the end we'll see who is the "best" because that will be determined INDIVIDUALLY by seeing who gets recruited by the top D1 programs. Beyond that this is just about a bunch of parents stroking their own ego.

My son's a great player, he plays of XYZ, they are the best, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!!

Let these boys have fun and enjoy and respect the game. they have plenty of time for high pressure games in High School and college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Dr. Phil!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland 2019 Dad/player here - What is the best summer club tournament on the Island? Lax Clash this weekend looks good. If we could get a few Maryland 2019 teams to come up next year, would Team 91 and Dune Dogs play in the same tournament? We have seen both teams play (at Beach Lax and Summer Exposure) and it would be great to get in a round robin with both teams and the other good 2019 LI teams. Losers have to grill the burgers and dogs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great idea. It just seems that you guys don't like to travel up here. If you guys come I'm sureally the DD', 91, express would love to be involved....
Maryland 2019 Dad/player here - What is the best summer club tournament on the Island? Lax Clash this weekend looks good. If we could get a few Maryland 2019 teams to come up next year, would Team 91 and Dune Dogs play in the same tournament? We have seen both teams play (at Beach Lax and Summer Exposure) and it would be great to get in a round robin with both teams and the other good 2019 LI teams. Losers have to grill the burgers and dogs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great idea. It just seems that you guys don't like to travel up here. If you guys come I'm sureally the DD', 91, express would love to be involved....

We can set up the round robin without a tournament...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stampede seems to be the only team these days that NEVER adds to its roster. Every boy who plays on that team is on the team. They just keep getting better and better. Three championships in a row! Winning the old fashion way, hard work!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, the only team? I doubt that.
Stampede seems to be the only team these days that NEVER adds to its roster. Every boy who plays on that team is on the team. They just keep getting better and better. Three championships in a row! Winning the old fashion way, hard work!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B championships.. They need to try and play in A divisions like the white team.. Get better by playing better teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B championships.. They need to try and play in A divisions like the white team.. Get better by playing better teams.

When you are talking B team ..Let's keep it real. The B's are there to try and develop kids on one level but the real reason is to supplement the directors of these leagues and create jobs. If your a B parent and you think your son is going to be playing Div 1 lacrosse please think again.SOunds cruel but sorry..The stampede are just another fill in team nothing more ..Sorry to bust your bubbles. And if you kid hardly plays on those teams its tie to stay on your town team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sad if any b team tries to stack the roster.Remeber it means nothing to win these things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your the one who sounds ridiculous. On the several A teams on LI , if lucky , there's only maybe 2 or 3 kids that will grow to be a D1 player. I'm not including Hofstra or St Johns even though they are. They're locals and they might look for the local kids. But i you think cause your son is on 91 orange or Express A and he has a shot at the big ones , keep dreaming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you are talking B team ..Let's keep it real. The B's are there to try and develop kids on one level but the real reason is to supplement the directors of these leagues and create jobs. If your a B parent and you think your son is going to be playing Div 1 lacrosse please think again.SOunds cruel but sorry..The stampede are just another fill in team nothing more ..Sorry to bust your bubbles. And if you kid hardly plays on those teams its tie to stay on your town team.

Real macho to put down a B team . So you think your sons going D1 because he's on 91 and Duke is going to see him at 3D. Right ? Sorry to burst your bubble Dad but we all know all the kids on these LI teams and probobly as of now the only one who's legit is the kid on Express. Not putting down the talent and effort of the others. My son is on one of these teams and is very good but I'm a realist , unlike yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your the one who sounds ridiculous. On the several A teams on LI , if lucky , there's only maybe 2 or 3 kids that will grow to be a D1 player. I'm not including Hofstra or St Johns even though they are. They're locals and they might look for the local kids. But i you think cause your son is on 91 orange or Express A and he has a shot at the big ones , keep dreaming.

Say what you may I disagree. If you are one of the kids that make the a team at 91 express outlaws ect. there is a 50/50 chance you will make d1. If you are not on an a team you have a 5 percent chance. These programs have done a good job on getting solid commits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My sons B team, helped him improve his game and made him a starter on his middle school team. I'm not looking for him to commit to a D1 program in 8 th grade. I'm looking for him to have fun, make friends and enjoy the game, and his B team is doing just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We can set up the round robin without a tournament...

Between Dowling, farmingdale and FOD I am quite sure this could be worked out.

Chanachuck - Mule - Brennan - Zummo - Taylor work it out and get it done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think half the kids can go d1 on those teams ? First off "not to sound cruel " using the original posters words ,but some of the kids on the A teams should even be there. The lax landscape is changing fast and there are fewer kids each year on these D1 programs from LI . Just be fair to the B teams especially 7th grade and down. If this were a 2018 and 2017 you have a point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why no other LI teams playing on Saturday's Express lax clash tournament. Laxachusettes will be back for another Li game along with Dukes tri state leadng edge.

7 teams in the 2019 bracket couldn't get an 8th

Why no other LI teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow do you sound misersble. Just how much does it mean to you that your son is on an A team? If it makes you feel superior somehow thats sad. I have a suspicion that your sons lacrosse ability is front and center in your self identity and you are without doubt putting down the B teams to make sure that everyone knows their place and you and your allstar stand on top of the heap waving your "My sons on an A team" flag. No doubt wearing your head to toe team swag, sold to you as a money making scheme by the very club owners that feed your ego to make sure you come back. Enough with your rules of hierarchy, your great, your kids team is great and all the B team families wish they were you. Feel better?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow do you sound misersble. Just how much does it mean to you that your son is on an A team? If it makes you feel superior somehow thats sad. I have a suspicion that your sons lacrosse ability is front and center in your self identity and you are without doubt putting down the B teams to make sure that everyone knows their place and you and your allstar stand on top of the heap waving your "My sons on an A team" flag. No doubt wearing your head to toe team swag, sold to you as a money making scheme by the very club owners that feed your ego to make sure you come back. Enough with your rules of hierarchy, your great, your kids team is great and all the B team families wish they were you. Feel better?

awesome (and so well written) response, long live the b teams!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are all sick ! And to the poster who lumped Outlaws in any of these discussions regarding 50/50 D1 capabilities you are really sick. That team stinks !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone give feedback for the Gorilla Classic? Is it worth attending?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents like you are the reason programs are now calling their A teams AA, and their B teams A. Soon we'll have AAA, AA, and A. No more A, B, and C - it's bad marketing, and parents are very concerned with what letter is attached to their 12 year old's team! It's ridiculous!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

awesome (and so well written) response, long live the b teams!

The key is that you know your place and how you help feed the "A" programs with the money you provide by playing as a "B" team. I don't think to many college coaches watch the B games. It may be more useful to stay and have a travel team with your own towns this way those kids can develop and help the H.S. team down the road

Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard