BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 47 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
terps playing but a bunch of boys will be at Jake reed...

And the excuses are all ready starting -

I don't believe that is an excuse, just stating facts. They will play with what they have, they always do and those players will work extra hard to win.

so do those players usually not work extra hard?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
terps playing but a bunch of boys will be at Jake reed...

And the excuses are all ready starting -

I don't believe that is an excuse, just stating facts. They will play with what they have, they always do and those players will work extra hard to win.

so do those players usually not work extra hard?

stirring the pot ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many kids going to 205 , some jake reed , all $ making for the 2018
Level , next year the year to go . Oh well $ making event for 2018 level not the 2017 level . Play with who you have terps have 32 players on there team . No excuses

Money making??? You'd be surprised with who is getting legit 2018 interest already. Its crazy, but it's happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please...I think everyone on this thread agrees, including terps parents, that 91 Extreme is best at this age. No need to make excuses for Terps, they win their fair share against all opponents and when they lose, they do so with a little dignity.

No need for excuses, you all know how good they are. Plenty of D-1 commits will come from this team, and that is the focus now, not another tee shirt, we have a whole drawer full...

For all of you that think the coaches aren't watching, you are making a mistake. Last two weeks at adrenaline and then at Dukes invitational, all the big boys were there and watching these 8th grade boys compete. Is it too early? Who knows, but regardless of your opinion on the topic, the first early recruits will later this fall, only a few months away.

Good luck to all of you, maybe this week is your turn to win a tee shirt. Better yet, maybe some coach will see your kid play and send him the questionnaire email...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please...I think everyone on this thread agrees, including terps parents, that 91 Extreme is best at this age. No need to make excuses for Terps, they win their fair share against all opponents and when they lose, they do so with a little dignity.

No need for excuses, you all know how good they are. Plenty of D-1 commits will come from this team, and that is the focus now, not another tee shirt, we have a whole drawer full...

For all of you that think the coaches aren't watching, you are making a mistake. Last two weeks at adrenaline and then at Dukes invitational, all the big boys were there and watching these 8th grade boys compete. Is it too early? Who knows, but regardless of your opinion on the topic, the first early recruits will later this fall, only a few months away.

Good luck to all of you, maybe this week is your turn to win a tee shirt. Better yet, maybe some coach will see your kid play and send him the questionnaire email...

You could not be more on target. From here on out for this grade, it's not about wins and loses, its about exposure. Kids are getting contacted by multiple D1 schools. That's a reality. Not heard about any offers yet, but the communication is there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how do you get your kid exposure? Is that from Club team playing in the right tourneys? (eg Adrenaline?) For next year, what are the right tourneys for rising sophomores? Is that from trying out for the Jake Reeds/Brines? Is that from going to showcases?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is the tristar lax clash schedule??

It's like the OBLL,.....you will get Friday night!

Actually it was posted on the website this afternoon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If someone can explain Sundays schedule...it would be appreciated!!

Where is the tristar lax clash schedule??

It's like the OBLL,.....you will get Friday night!

Actually it was posted on the website this afternoon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we are no experts on this recruiting game. But I think for someone to get looked at it either needs to be a small venue or the coaches are going to a large venue specifically to see that kid (and the only way that happens is if that kid sends something proactively to coach). Clubs get into events and I had one in LI Lax fest, but there were 16 fields and 1000s of kids. No way to stand out long enough to get exposure and I didn't see any coaches on the rising 8th grade sidelines, but maybe I missed them. WHereas other poster, if being hoenst said there were a bunch at Dukes and Adrenaline and both of those were very small events...

For JR, I think anyone who made that list and is attending from this grade got those form letter emails from various programs asking for info about the player. I have seen Ohio state, Michigan, ND, UNC and one other, but those were all form letter emails.

I am not sure how or when you know when a school is serious unless they call your coach and tell him...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how do you get your kid exposure? Is that from Club team playing in the right tourneys? (eg Adrenaline?) For next year, what are the right tourneys for rising sophomores? Is that from trying out for the Jake Reeds/Brines? Is that from going to showcases?

send e-mails to the schools that you are interested in and go to their prospect days

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
prospect days are also a money making event. I heard they were good two years back but now seems like i have 20 emails about them...at $200 per pop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has more d-1 caliber players? Jesters black, outlaws black, or tribe? A little early for this but just wondering

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has more d-1 caliber players? Jesters black, outlaws black, or tribe? A little early for this but just wondering

Stop!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The D-1 Coaches will make those decisions, our opinions mean nothing. I don't think it's appropriate for anyone to be making assumptions about any individual team or its players. Best to all the boys and their future College Lacrosse aspirations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a silly , stupid question to ask.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who has more d-1 caliber players? Jesters black, outlaws black, or tribe? A little early for this but just wondering

[/quote
Jesters
4 D1
2 D2
7 D3

Outlaws
2 D1
2 D2
11 D3

Tribe
5 D1
0 D2
8 D3

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who has more d-1 caliber players? Jesters black, outlaws black, or tribe? A little early for this but just wondering

[/quote
Jesters
4 D1
2 D2
7 D3

Outlaws
2 D1
2 D2
11 D3

Tribe
5 D1
0 D2
8 D3

Come on, these are 13 and 14 year old kids, STOP IT. No one knows where any of these kids will play. This is really disrespectful territory. Let the kids be!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we are no experts on this recruiting game. But I think for someone to get looked at it either needs to be a small venue or the coaches are going to a large venue specifically to see that kid (and the only way that happens is if that kid sends something proactively to coach). Clubs get into events and I had one in LI Lax fest, but there were 16 fields and 1000s of kids. No way to stand out long enough to get exposure and I didn't see any coaches on the rising 8th grade sidelines, but maybe I missed them. WHereas other poster, if being hoenst said there were a bunch at Dukes and Adrenaline and both of those were very small events...

For JR, I think anyone who made that list and is attending from this grade got those form letter emails from various programs asking for info about the player. I have seen Ohio state, Michigan, ND, UNC and one other, but those were all form letter emails.

I am not sure how or when you know when a school is serious unless they call your coach and tell him...

Brine sent out a similar thing yesterday for form letters. This is all very confusing. Can't wait for the Brine next week they have parent recruiting seminars, recruiting 101. I don't mind going to these events. However, I would like to see past results. Meaning this kid got a commitment because he attended that showcase. Sort of performance stats. One interesting fact about the Brine was they asked, if possible, to not wear club helmets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can any 2018 team who played at laxfest 2018 honestly say they do not have ONE player who is not born before 12/1 1999? That is cutoff date for an actual 2018 in NY. It is actually earlier in all other states but we will give them the couple of month window!

Do not think we will have too many teams speak up here!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I sat through a recruiting 101 in Florida at Blue chip try outs. It was helpful, but there really are no answers. the most common thing I have heard is that you will know when your kid is being recruited. I guess that means the colleges are persistent if they want your child.

The emails that say Dear Kid, i am coach of blah blah and while rules prohibit me from calling you...I can send this email requesting that you fill out the attached questionnaire...

We have a bunch but I think as previous poster said, this is just from the JR camp. Probably sent the coaches the list of participants and then someone in coach's office sends a form letter. I think filling out those forms is a good idea but I think a follow up email with "where I will be playing this summer" is good form. Further, if you know where you would like to go, I would also invest in a highlight real, home made looks fine to me and send that out as well.

then, let the chips fall where they fall...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brine sent out a similar thing yesterday for form letters. This is all very confusing. Can't wait for the Brine next week they have parent recruiting seminars, recruiting 101. I don't mind going to these events. However, I would like to see past results. Meaning this kid got a commitment because he attended that showcase. Sort of performance stats. One interesting fact about the Brine was they asked, if possible, to not wear club helmets.

IMHO...for upcoming freshman - Having a good travel team is important. In the summer, making the Rising Freshman Brine team (& doing well in it) will start your "looks". Doing the whole Nike Blue Chip JR thing is questionable. Some do well, others not so much. In the fall, making the Fall Philly Freshman Invitational AND making the "Fab 40" will get you on "the Radar". UNC & Duke Prospect Days are among the better for the $$. Go out and do well at the HS level..."playing with the Big Boys" can really help. At the end of Freshman year, The LI Lax Showcase is great place for looks (if you do well) Other than that, its all individual! I've heard many different stories but, this has worked for mine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can any 2018 team who played at laxfest 2018 honestly say they do not have ONE player who is not born before 12/1 1999? That is cutoff date for an actual 2018 in NY. It is actually earlier in all other states but we will give them the couple of month window!

Not one single team claims to be actually legitimate 2018 by age!! Thought we would see one or two!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, you think Brine is better than JR? I was told just the opposite and that Brine was full of office politics. We didn't go that route based on what I heard, but maybe we should have.

I will let you know college recruiters after JR end of this week and perhaps you can share same after brine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, then how many teams can claim U-14 - which according to US Lacrosse for 2018 is where these boys should fit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, then how many teams can claim U-14 - which according to US Lacrosse for 2018 is where these boys should fit

Jesters Black is 100 Percent 2018 and proper age for grade!
And the smallest 2018 in last weeks tournament.

Have you ever seen a U 14 tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not one single team claims to be actually legitimate 2018 by age!! Thought we would see one or two!

Actually there are, but would never post it here so you nut jobs could then start picking the team apart and singling out individual kids, accusing them of being older than they actually are. Everyone knows who the holdbacks are, trust me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team Long Island is a true U-14 but they can't play against the OLDER kids in the 2018 bracket!!! Lol. Comical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually there are, but would never post it here so you nut jobs could then start picking the team apart and singling out individual kids, accusing them of being older than they actually are. Everyone knows who the holdbacks are, trust me.

Yea sure! Thanks Laxachusettes Dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JR vs. Brine all depends on what you are looking for.

To date noboday has committed after the summer of the Rising Freshman season. However, the past two years several have committed after their Fall Freshman season.

The best part of this site is reading last year's 2017 and two years ago for 2016. A lot can be learned from past information.

Both events have high degrees of politics. It is easy to perceive Who You Know being as important as How You Play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really, you think Brine is better than JR? I was told just the opposite and that Brine was full of office politics. We didn't go that route based on what I heard, but maybe we should have.

I will let you know college recruiters after JR end of this week and perhaps you can share same after brine.

Brine summer between 8th and 9th. After that...not so much. The JR/3D thing can get expensive to have to "play in" going to Fla. in January. If you get right in, its all good! Good luck to your boy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 Jester Black whole roster was born after Dec1 1999

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Philly Freshman Showcase in November. Worth going to ? Cost ?

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Philly Freshman Showcase in November. Worth going to ? Cost ?

Thanks

It's okay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son just checked into Jake Reed and go a room on the third floor, does anybody know what that means? I assume it is better then the second floor but I can not see how he is not on the top floor. any insight or advice would be appreciated

thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son just checked into Jake Reed and go a room on the third floor, does anybody know what that means? I assume it is better then the second floor but I can not see how he is not on the top floor. any insight or advice would be appreciated

thank you

I would ask for the concierge. That's unacceptable. I would go top floor or go home!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thank you

At least he is not on 13......

Assume your post is a joke...so thanks for the laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check in is at the Stadium. Wrong registration

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters Black is 100 Percent 2018 and proper age for grade!
And the smallest 2018 in last weeks tournament.

Have you ever seen a U 14 tournament?

No! That would be pragmatic. That word isn't in the youth lax dictionary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks

Absolutely if he makes the Fab 40!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just left 1st session of JR. No clue what coaches will actually show up to watch but can tell you that assistants from unc, virginia, hopkins, penn state, ohio state, sienna and a few others are actually coaching the teams. 2 d-1 coaches per team. hard to beat that kind of exposure

Page 41 of 47 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard