BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,212
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 70 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 69 70
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea heard he was there to look at a few kids from other teams.
But the attack from fl$- Manhasset is his target.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Which tournaments this past weekend had the best turnout for coaches? The NSCLA or the Adrenaline? There were other tournaments as well advertising large #s of coaches at Delaware and the Baltimore Kickoff. Since it is quality as well as quantity, where did the head coaches of the big programs go?

Danowski was at NYLA.

Other than Danowski, what other colleges had coaches at NYLA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever you say Daddy of an fl$ attack position player. Lot's of great players and tournaments. Absolutely foolish to think a coach allocates his weekend to look at one kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Adrenaline was great.

Coaches that I noticed were North Carolina, Duke, Maryland, Penn State, Rutgers, Navy, Villanova. I'm sure there were many others but those are the schools that were close to where I was sitting at a few of the games.

There were a lot of very good lacrosse players for the coaches to look at. I have to say that if your town coaches (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015) are telling you not to play for a team that goes to this type of tournament you have to question their thought process.

Great event. [/quote]

Our son went to the Blackcard only, but I came away thinking Adrenaline does everything first class and 1000% better than other groups do. My son's team was not at the Platinum Cup, but I wish so. After this Adrenaline throw down I would not be surprised to see this organization run away with it. They do things better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Stony Brook and Mount St. Marys at NYLA.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles won the tournament and went undefeated. Scored 76 goals and let up 19 in six games.

91 went 0-3-2 in five games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Adrenaline was great.

Coaches that I noticed were North Carolina, Duke, Maryland, Penn State, Rutgers, Navy, Villanova. I'm sure there were many others but those are the schools that were close to where I was sitting at a few of the games.

There were a lot of very good lacrosse players for the coaches to look at. I have to say that if your town coaches (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015) are telling you not to play for a team that goes to this type of tournament you have to question their thought process.

Great event.

Our son went to the Blackcard only, but I came away thinking Adrenaline does everything first class and 1000% better than other groups do. My son's team was not at the Platinum Cup, but I wish so. After this Adrenaline throw down I would not be surprised to see this organization run away with it. They do things better. [/quote]

Blackcard was the individual showcase day put on by Adrenaline? When did you (or your son's coach) first submit an application?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blackcard was the individual showcase day put on by Adrenaline? When did you (or your son's coach) first submit an application? [/quote]

Interesting you should ask. Our son heard from an older friend who went last year it was a blast and great event. We asked his club coach to recommend him in the Fall. His club coach did it but also told us with emphasis this was a waste of time and money. A waste of a day and $100 ?!? Blah blah Jake Reed, blah blah Top 205, etc. Like basically everything else his club coach was wrong and just referring us to the other expensive crap where our club had a relationship. This was a fabulous first class event. Adrenaline I walked away from believing runs the best events...again, our team didn't go to Platinum Cup and I would not be shocked to understand later that the Platinum Cup was also awesome, competitive and run first class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice day from the Outlaws 2017 who were missing 7-8 of there top end players. Beat up on Jesters and 91 white. Then beat fl$ in convincing fashion. 6-4 and wasn't that close..

It is about being seen by coaches at this age, not bragging rights of who won. At one game, a parent asked the score and the ref said "we're not keeping score". In the fl$ game, the Outlaws goalie was simply amazing so to say it wasn't that close is inaccurate. That game had a ton of coaches on the sideline, including Danowski. Too bad for the other Outlaws goalie who didn't see one second on the field.

Maybe there were coaches there to see the Goalie that played the entire game. It is a recruiting event.

I saw the Outlaws/fl$ game and was impressed with the level of play. Lots of coaches on the sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good play on both side and yes, it's about recruiting. Folks, we are past the chest thumping "my team is better than your team" age. Leave that for the younger forums who think it really matters.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice day from the Outlaws 2017 who were missing 7-8 of there top end players. Beat up on Jesters and 91 white. Then beat fl$ in convincing fashion. 6-4 and wasn't that close..

It is about being seen by coaches at this age, not bragging rights of who won. At one game, a parent asked the score and the ref said "we're not keeping score". In the fl$ game, the Outlaws goalie was simply amazing so to say it wasn't that close is inaccurate. That game had a ton of coaches on the sideline, including Danowski. Too bad for the other Outlaws goalie who didn't see one second on the field.

Maybe there were coaches there to see the Goalie that played the entire game. It is a recruiting event.

I saw the Outlaws/fl$ game and was impressed with the level of play. Lots of coaches on the sidelines.

Says the parent of the player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blackcard was the individual showcase day put on by Adrenaline? When did you (or your son's coach) first submit an application?

Interesting you should ask. Our son heard from an older friend who went last year it was a blast and great event. We asked his club coach to recommend him in the Fall. His club coach did it but also told us with emphasis this was a waste of time and money. A waste of a day and $100 ?!? Blah blah Jake Reed, blah blah Top 205, etc. Like basically everything else his club coach was wrong and just referring us to the other expensive crap where our club had a relationship. This was a fabulous first class event. Adrenaline I walked away from believing runs the best events...again, our team didn't go to Platinum Cup and I would not be shocked to understand later that the Platinum Cup was also awesome, competitive and run first class. [/quote]

Thanks much for your insight!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HAAAAAAAAAAA...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about that nassau showcase roster?? what were they thinking? bunch of really good varsity players kicked to the curb.

fl$ 2017 coaches hijacked the tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles won the tournament and went undefeated. Scored 76 goals and let up 19 in six games.

Turtles looked very strong for sure. I saw two of their games over the weekend. Looks like the turtles added a few new players or maybe some kids were just wearing their H.S. helmets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who I saw at NYLA: Duke, BU, Colgate, Fairfield and Syracuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about that nassau showcase roster?? what were they thinking? bunch of really good varsity players kicked to the curb.

Huh? What do you base your statement on? How many fl$ 2017 made the team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

enough to know the fl$ 2017 coach, who was a nassau evaluator had significant influence on the process. If fl$ team has all these great players why aren't they better? How did they do at NYLA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

enough to know the fl$ 2017 coach, who was a nassau evaluator had significant influence on the process. If fl$ team has all these great players why aren't they better? How did they do at NYLA?

At NYLA,
2017 fl$ were beaten by the outlaws. Really. Makes sense as to why the attack from 2017 were given spots on sophomore roster for showcase.
Love for the money goes a long way in any business deal

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess it's why everyone says it's political.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have to be that way to think that way says another parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's try to be a realist and not blame one coach. Here are the facts on the Nassau team: 13 different high schools have players on the team. 4 boys from Southside HS (none play for fl$) 4 boys from Garden City (1 plays for fl$) 7 different HS have one player on the team and of those 7, only 1 plays for fl$. Two fl$ from Manhasset also made it for a total of 4 out of 23. Hijacking means taking control. 17% is hardly taking control. But if it is, that means that the GC/Southside coaches also hijacked it. What club team(s) do the other 19 players play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When ratings are down. You have to do whatever it takes to get your organization looking good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]how about that nassau showcase roster?? what were they thinking? bunch of really good varsity players kicked to the curb.

It's called home cooking for a reason. Same thing happens everywhere. In Maryland the Freestate tryouts are notorious for being a self esteem building sham for the IAC and MIAA junior varsity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard that If you listen closely, you can actually hear a turtle crying.

Let's try to be a realist and not blame one coach. Here are the facts on the Nassau team: 13 different high schools have players on the team. 4 boys from Southside HS (none play for fl$) 4 boys from Garden City (1 plays for fl$) 7 different HS have one player on the team and of those 7, only 1 plays for fl$. Two fl$ from Manhasset also made it for a total of 4 out of 23. Hijacking means taking control. 17% is hardly taking control. But if it is, that means that the GC/Southside coaches also hijacked it. What club team(s) do the other 19 players play for?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]how about that nassau showcase roster?? what were they thinking? bunch of really good varsity players kicked to the curb.

It's called home cooking for a reason. Same thing happens everywhere. In Maryland the Freestate tryouts are notorious for being a self esteem building sham for the IAC and MIAA junior varsity.

I agree. For example, take a look at the Inside Lacrosse website they held their showcase yesterday & today and just posted their All-Stars. Those kids have a GREAT shot to be on the IL top 50 rankings when they come out. Point is, its all about $$$. 3D is the exact same way. We live in a non-hotbed (Ohio) so our options are limited, but the IL event would have been great for my son but we found out about it too late. frown

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Strange, there were mostly public school coaches at the FreeState tryout...how does that benefit the MIAA/IAC teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Strange, there were mostly public school coaches at the FreeState tryout...how does that benefit the MIAA/IAC teams? [/quote]

Wrong. The evaluators were mostly IAC and MIAA coaches, and look at the names on the board of directors. You're misinformed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles were Impressive. What's up with Team 91? They struggled. I guess the Turtle additions did not help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard that If you listen closely, you can actually hear a turtle crying.

Transferred the below from the Under Armour thread. Pertains to this discussion as well:

you people are funny, if a great player with a big reputation has a bad tryout but makes the team everybody says it was predetermined and the kid made it on reputation, If a player without a big reputation has a great tryout and makes it then t is because of connections, basically nobody ever deserve to make a team based on his tryout, it is always something. Maybe the kid is a good player and the GC coaches never gave him a chance and they were wrong. Or maybe he had a great two days and deserved to make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles were Impressive. What's up with Team 91? They struggled. I guess the Turtle additions did not help.

The level of play at Adrenaline was unreal. Turtles by far most impressive, WCS and Sweetlax stacked with talent, Mesa, Dukes and laxachussetts not too far behind, 91 just didn't have the depth to make a big impact. This event will be a recruiting favorite, rutgers is easy to get to, could use some additional turf fields, although very easy to get around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you crying about the Nassau showcase tryout, the Suffolk showcase tryout was a joke. Coaches weren't even watching the games and absolutely no talent evaluation going on at all. Of course the usual suspects made it whether they played well or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the manhasset pole and csh middie got robbed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For any parents that attended Brine NLC last Summer...What was the schedule roughly like? Did the teams stick together and practice/drill together, were kids separated by position for drills, did teams practice once down there? As a parent what was the day like? For instance, arrive at field at say 9am and leave at 5pm? or? Is there food services on "campus"? Did you pack a cooler with lunch for day? Did you drop off your son and/or stay and watch the entire day? Any heads up is greatly appreciated...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you crying about the Nassau showcase tryout, the Suffolk showcase tryout was a joke. Coaches weren't even watching the games and absolutely no talent evaluation going on at all. Of course the usual suspects made it whether they played well or not.

But you are not crying, good for you! That being said, no one can properly evaluate on the merits over 40 boys in a 60 minute running time game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know a suffolk player that literally didn't touch the ball 1 single time at the tryout but made the 2nd tryout and eventually the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anything with local coaches is going to rigged. It always is. No matter what sport. What do you expect. Kids are never expected to win on their own merit any more lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone do the Brine 2017 tryout yesterday? How was it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the Nassau second round tryout, the coach switched middies. A former Turtle says to the coach as he is coming off "That's f'in [lacrosse], I just got on". Needless to say the coach was less than pleased. This young man is a very good player but hopefully he learned a lesson - how you conduct yourself matters as well.

But on the other hand, the process was rigged and they baited him into this so they could select a favorite.

Page 59 of 70 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard