BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,672
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not the entire staff, only one coach. The two coaches that were on the field were always there. They (the terps) look like a solid B team and should compete. I hope they (express and the coach) reconcile and play nice for this season. I think the club owes that to the kids that were looking forward to a fun season. But that is the way it goes.

So is this your "opinion" or are you in the know? Heard they are getting rid of "dads" as coaches.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the entire staff, only one coach. The two coaches that were on the field were always there. They (the terps) look like a solid B team and should compete. I hope they (express and the coach) reconcile and play nice for this season. I think the club owes that to the kids that were looking forward to a fun season. But that is the way it goes.

So is this your "opinion" or are you in the know? Heard they are getting rid of "dads" as coaches.

That would be unfortunate. THOSE 2 COACHES DID A TREMENDOUS JOB SUNDAY. That team has never won a tournament. They stepped up during a bad time and by motivating a bunch of kids who just lost their head coach the night before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree if your kid only plays a few minutes and it's not even in every game why put him on the team unless of course politics take place as usual. I'm sure it happens everywhere. The test should be done in one place I agree. SOme of these kids haven't even reached puberty yet and I'm sure they look it. Why put your kid out there if he is not ready. Did the coaches or the parent's even think about the chances of them getting hurt..Ego's by the parents not the kids. That's the shame of it. You can tell which ones belong and which ones don't

You know the statement of [i][b]plays only a few minutes
holds true for travel teams. Why are you on a team if your son is not playing. Why get upset about his time because you paid thousands, I get it, but were you foolish to think otherwise. Instead work hard with him or put him on a different team. Find a team where he is a leader and playing a great portion of the time. Don't you owe that to him.

I am sick of hearing the bitching the excuses. Sure each team needs subs or 2nd/3rd line middies but if you are not seeing playing time maybe double check your son's skill and ability before you blame politics maybe take a little self reflection. Does pride get the way so much that you will make or son suffer on a team he doesn't belong on.

It is earlier in the season be a good parent.

Another weekend will go by, make sure your child plays their fair share. If not OPEN YOUR EYES, and get him somewhere he will play and not just be a cheerleader. Sometimes it is not your child, it is the politics; other times you need to see where he fits within the group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be unfortunate. THOSE 2 COACHES DID A TREMENDOUS JOB SUNDAY. That team has never won a tournament. They stepped up during a bad time and by motivating a bunch of kids who just lost their head coach the night before.

Good for them but their wasn't much competition to be honest . The B bracket wa very weak,. The kids should get their coach back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so here we are again on the beginning of the summer tournament season so will Dune Dawg's being playing Team 91 , come on boys lets get this game to happen on the Island at least once . can the two heads of the teams please do this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree if your kid only plays a few minutes and it's not even in every game why put him on the team unless of course politics take place as usual. I'm sure it happens everywhere. The test should be done in one place I agree. SOme of these kids haven't even reached puberty yet and I'm sure they look it. Why put your kid out there if he is not ready. Did the coaches or the parent's even think about the chances of them getting hurt..Ego's by the parents not the kids. That's the shame of it. You can tell which ones belong and which ones don't

holds true for travel teams. Why are you on a team if your son is not playing. Why get upset about his time because you paid thousands, I get it, but were you foolish to think otherwise. Instead work hard with him or put him on a different team. Find a team where he is a leader and playing a great portion of the time. Don't you owe that to him.

I am sick of hearing the bitching the excuses. Sure each team needs subs or 2nd/3rd line middies but if you are not seeing playing time maybe double check your son's skill and ability before you blame politics maybe take a little self reflection. Does pride get the way so much that you will make or son suffer on a team he doesn't belong on.

Another weekend will go by, make sure your child plays their fair share. If not OPEN YOUR EYES, and get him somewhere he will play and not just be a cheerleader. Sometimes it is not your child, it is the politics; other times you need to see where he fits within the group.

And where would you go at this point if you don't like your kids playing time? Tryouts for all the travel clubs were last Fall and the team you are on has your $$$. What are the realistic otions to someone in that boat at this point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And where would you go at this point if you don't like your kids playing time? Tryouts for all the travel clubs were last Fall and the team you are on has your $$$. What are the realistic otions to someone in that boat at this point?

I am not sure the best life lesson in a situation like this, Struggle through with no avail or politely quit. It all depends on the situation and child. But please do what is best for your child. There are always a few options.

Speak with your coach. Find out what can be done. Be open minded. Does your organization have another team where he can develop more get more playing time. Ask to move down.
Go to clinics and work with your child. Just work hard at practice with a positive attitude this is cyclical circuit and word gets around on who is a hard worker and who is a brat.

Remember most are now 13, no more saying they are only 9, 10, or 11. Showing them how to be good young men starts now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Dr Phil.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of you people need serious help. It's just kids lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the person who has never been in that position before.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters vs fl$ interesting game on Saturday morning. Shame we may have to wait till Sunday to see 91 Orange play 2019 Express. if they even play against each other

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters have fl$ a beating last time they met in April.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange not in this tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Orange not in this tournament.

I know they are not at fl$, but rant they at the same tournament. This is a 2019 page not a specific tournament page.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How come 91 and hdd never play each other being that they are the best 2019 teams. Don't get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We know. Thx capt obvious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They may play each other at LAXFEST next week.
How come 91 and hdd never play each other being that they are the best 2019 teams. Don't get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't play each other when one team isn't in it..The DD are playing in Maverick. I'm sure the competition will be just as good there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HDD is not in LaxFest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters vs fl$ interesting game on Saturday morning. Shame we may have to wait till Sunday to see 91 Orange play 2019 Express. if they even play against each other

The express won't give 91 Orange a good game. They only beat the Revolution by two when they played them the second time. I know they beat up on them pretty good the first time. If they play 91 Orange tight or actually beat them what would that say about the other teams. It would put DD as the top team and a bunch in the mix below including the Revolution and GC. Just an opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The express won't give 91 Orange a good game. They only beat the Revolution by two when they played them the second time. I know they beat up on them pretty good the first time. If they play 91 Orange tight or actually beat them what would that say about the other teams. It would put DD as the top team and a bunch in the mix below including the Revolution and GC. Just an opinion.

Just play the games and see what happens

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't beat me up over this one but I think the hurdle to say you are an A team is to beat 91 White in the age group. I say this because I think 91 White is an A team. That team takes so much abuse about not being an A team then takes abuse when they are in a B division. So to me there are an A team maybe not the top, I don't know where, but an A team. If you beat them you can be considered an A.

Whats with the Revolution and GC push. Is revolution a bunch of GC kids? GC do you still invite teams to play on the weekends or weekdays. How about inviting the top town teams to come down during the summer to play lets see who the tops teams. I think there was a fair assessment of the top 8 team a few threads back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is like NCAA football in the 80's the two top teams may not have met in the championship game. We all survived and it made great conversation banter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU'LL HAVE TO DRIVE TO PHILI JULLY 12TH TO SEE THEM PLAY AT THE NXT CUP

http://nxt-events.com/events/event/the_nxt_cup/#more5-tab

It is like NCAA football in the 80's the two top teams may not have met in the championship game. We all survived and it made great conversation banter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
didn't 91 get beat at the shamrock tournament by a 2019 team from ct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like 91 is ducking hdd or the other way around. I'm sure it would be a good game. Can u imagine what this site would look like from the looser of this game. Excuse after excuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but then 91 White beat that team so I don't think you can base anything on that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 White lost to Legacy 2019 Commandos at JDRF, so I guess Legacy is an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HDD ducked 91 orange last year at Kellenberg and is wasn't Taylor who made the decision.

Seems like 91 is ducking hdd or the other way around. I'm sure it would be a good game. Can u imagine what this site would look like from the looser of this game. Excuse after excuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy has a good A team and it could go either way. Its a good matchup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That or both 91 teams aren't as good as they first thought they were.If 91 doesn't win their own tournament then you will know they are right in the middle of the pack and changes will be made next year in a panic. A little house cleaning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah but then 91 White beat that team so I don't think you can base anything on that.

What is with the yeah but? White is a talent team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didnt they have borrowed players at that tournament. Isn't that why they won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy, 91 White and the Jesters all match up well.

Legacy has a good A team and it could go either way. Its a good matchup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Back to the borrowed player lines. What does it matter. They were beat by a better team that day.Don't make excuses. Sometimes teams aren't as good as they are hyped. Can white beat orange?. No . That is the difference between the A and B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They only borrow players from younger grades so if you consider that cheating, does not help your argument

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't mean it that way. They do have talent. I meant that on any given day anyone potentially can win or lose.

What is with the yeah but? White is a talent team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if White beat orange , then White is an A team and Orange is a B team. If White beats teams that beat orange than that makes orange a B team and white an A? I think there are a bunch of talented teams out there in this age group. I think Orange and DD's are clearly the top 2 but they aren't the only 2 A teams on Long Island. If you put Legacy, Jesters and White into B brackets they will destroy teams and what good does that do for anyone. At least in the A they are playing good, close, competitive games. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be? I'd rather win or lose a game by 1 or 2 than blow someone out by 12 goals.

Back to the borrowed player lines. What does it matter. They were beat by a better team that day.Don't make excuses. Sometimes teams aren't as good as they are hyped. Can white beat orange?. No . That is the difference between the A and B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. I'm a 91 parent and it was a good game, regardless if they brought boys up.

They only borrow players from younger grades so if you consider that cheating, does not help your argument

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

White can beat Orange it's just a matter of when.

Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard