BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 327 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
are the yj making heavy cuts or just adding more teams?

YJ IS GETTING BIGGER AND STRONGER THAN EVER WITH SO MUCH DEPTH.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How soon do teams get posted after try outs? If anybody has been through this process I'd love to hear from you.:)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you need to reach out to CR you will find out soon enough. I do not understand your issue if she feels the need to rename the various levels of teams.Would it be that difficult to figure out the so called pecking order if the teams were labeled blue1. blue2. gold1. gold2. ?Let me guess if she ever decided to change the uniform designs the college coaches would never be able to find the yj team they were looking for to scout a particular player.It could be a reaction to the various yj haters who are always bashing the teams below the gold.

The bashing you mention is the reason she wants to have blue 1, blue2, gold 1, gold2 etc.......maybe not everyone, but I'm sure nearly all players would rather play on the color team that is higher status. This move would only be avoiding the truth, both organizationally and by the players. I don't think yj haters could care less that she's doing this. They are probably happy because it makes the teams weaker if they divide the talent, and it makes the brand weaker by putting a blue team on the field that is what it should be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you give me the ranking by color? Where are the reds, greens and blacks in the pecking order thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They dont have those colors anymore we have been told all teams are labeled blue and gold. Those are the organizations colors

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you dense the teams will not be less competitive blue1 will be top team etc..If she originally called the teams blue1. blue2. gold1. gold2. would anyone care.She is not going to divide the blue teams equally or the gold teams equally .She will still have 1 top level team then the next level then the next nothing has changed except for the names.The blue 1 team will still be being your daughters team in games that matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you need to reach out to CR you will find out soon enough. I do not understand your issue if she feels the need to rename the various levels of teams.Would it be that difficult to figure out the so called pecking order if the teams were labeled blue1. blue2. gold1. gold2. ?Let me guess if she ever decided to change the uniform designs the college coaches would never be able to find the yj team they were looking for to scout a particular player.It could be a reaction to the various yj haters who are always bashing the teams below the gold.

The bashing you mention is the reason she wants to have blue 1, blue2, gold 1, gold2 etc.......maybe not everyone, but I'm sure nearly all players would rather play on the color team that is higher status. This move would only be avoiding the truth, both organizationally and by the players. I don't think yj haters could care less that she's doing this. They are probably happy because it makes the teams weaker if they divide the talent, and it makes the brand weaker by putting a blue team on the field that is what it should be.

The brand is the YJ NAME not the color of the team. You are all dillusional. They will not water down the teams. Thats is so stupid!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you give me the ranking by color? Where are the reds, greens and blacks in the pecking order thanks

Blue
Gold
Green
Red
Black

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The brand is the YJ NAME not the color of the team. You are all dillusional. They will not water down the teams. Thats is so stupid!!
The interesting point here is that the parents contributing are telling us by their posts that the value was in the team color (therefore, the pecking order), not in the brand recognition afforded by the Yellow Jackets name. By getting away from the color alignments and making everyone sport a blue or gold label, the program underscores the brand of the club, not just individual teams. From a recruiting and branding perspective, this is a good move on behalf of the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats correct these parents have no clue what they are talking about. The college coaches could care less what she calls them. If you ever see her at tourneys the college coaches flock around her. She has been in the business for over 20 years. She will not loose the respect of any college coach because of what she names these teams.

Did they not recruit the kids when she names them after LI beaches in the Fall? No. In fact YJ still has the most recruits from NY state from any one club. And maybe from all of The US.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue
Gold
Green
Red
Black

NOT ANYMORE THEY DONT HAVE THOSE COLORS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this begs the question... how many blue teams and how many Gold teams in each age group now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong,

"The skill, ability level or what ever you want to call it on all other age groups between "Blue" and "Gold" is a large margin; "

That is the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line is your daughter still has to show up and light it up for the coaches at the tournaments, blue 1, 2 gold, green, whatever. She may be at a disadvantage if she is a bottom half blue teamer. I would rather have her be the standout goto player on a gold team then the overlooked girl on the blue. Sometimes very talented girls just don't fit certain teams dynamics or certain coaches plans or politics. You gotta do what's best, and that just may mean playing on a team other than blue or even an organization other than YJ's. The blue tag will get her the look, she still has to prove herself on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong,

"The skill, ability level or what ever you want to call it on all other age groups between "Blue" and "Gold" is a large margin; "

That is the truth.

It may be true but who really cares YOU

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this begs the question... how many blue teams and how many Gold teams in each age group now?

What does it matter? Just let the kids play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For parents who have been through the Yellow Jacket try-out process before, do they make cuts or include all of the girls who try-out?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
WOW , Well stated, not to mention true. You couldn't be a Yellow Jacket parent , could you
Bottom line is your daughter still has to show up and light it up for the coaches at the tournaments, blue 1, 2 gold, green, whatever. She may be at a disadvantage if she is a bottom half blue teamer. I would rather have her be the standout goto player on a gold team then the overlooked girl on the blue. Sometimes very talented girls just don't fit certain teams dynamics or certain coaches plans or politics. You gotta do what's best, and that just may mean playing on a team other than blue or even an organization other than YJ's. The blue tag will get her the look, she still has to prove herself on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad
WOW , Well stated, not to mention true. You couldn't be a Yellow Jacket parent , could you
Bottom line is your daughter still has to show up and light it up for the coaches at the tournaments, blue 1, 2 gold, green, whatever. She may be at a disadvantage if she is a bottom half blue teamer. I would rather have her be the standout goto player on a gold team then the overlooked girl on the blue. Sometimes very talented girls just don't fit certain teams dynamics or certain coaches plans or politics. You gotta do what's best, and that just may mean playing on a team other than blue or even an organization other than YJ's. The blue tag will get her the

look, she still has to prove herself on the field.

From the list they posted blue team is almost all committed so it does not look like they are running into any difficulty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed doesn't always mean scholorship money, just means they are going to college and will be playing lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Committed doesn't always mean scholorship money, just means they are going to college and will be playing lacrosse

Or even more specifically, that they will be rostered on the team. Not everyone plays regularly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know someone who committed to SUNY New Paltz. No money div three but she is playing lacrosse. Her friend has committed to Molloy, no money div two. Both are playing lacrosse. She has other friends that have committed with .25 athletic scholarship or about $5,000 which is only for year #1.

Committed doesn't mean full ride, it's part of the propoganda machine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Or even more specifically, that they will be rostered on the team. Not everyone plays regularly.

Well the YJ kids are doing a good job finding these SPOTS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so you were able to get your website updated with all the info for your luncheon. How about results?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so you were able to get your website updated with all the info for your luncheon. How about results?

Amen to that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were told Sunday so they should be available tomorrow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well she did say it would be Sunday today is Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" just means they are going to college and will be playing lacrosse"
So funny that you people hate the yj so much that you try to make the above statement into a negative. thanks for pointing out that committed does not mean getting a scholorship ,the rest of us never would have figured that out without your keen insight.I wonder how many of these girls got into schools that they may not have without the lacrosse contacts.If you are going to go after the yj organization you are going to need something better then them posting the number of committments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosters have been posted. Congrats to all the kids who have made a YJ team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So funny that you people hate the yj so much that you try to make the above statement into a negative. thanks for pointing out that committed does not mean getting a scholorship ,the rest of us never would have figured that out without your keen insight.I wonder how many of these girls got into schools that they may not have without the lacrosse contacts.If you are going to go after the yj organization you are going to need something better then them posting the number of committments.

Wound a bit tight are we?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rosters are posted! Holy Cow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do they email you or is the roster just posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rosters were posted this morning

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody know of any groups that had to turn away a lot of kids? I heard numbers were up this year at tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure of other age groups but 2016 seems to have turned away about 30 girls or so in that I believe they had over 130 try-out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know what the deal is with alternates on some teams and not on others? Is this something new or has always been this way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like they're just trying to make it look as confusing as possible, everyone pretty much knows the pecking order based on last years teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i remember they had alternates around '07, '06 season but this is the first year since she has brought them back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it seems there are 26-28 players on almost every roster, how does that work? are they expecting 4-5 girls on each team to decline the invitation to play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there's 104 players listed on the four 2016 rosters, they have to stop at some point!

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 327 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard