BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,649
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
Re: Boys 2019 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to agree with you about Boyle, GREAT COACH, BETTER GUY!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DD has 3 2019 teams, and yes that was the B team that lost to the legacy A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Funny thing, the crush lost to the Rising Sun team with those 2 kids 2weeks ago not sure if you are aware of that? You seem to know an awful lot about the DD??? So do you still think the DD is just about 2 kids? Your a foolish little man. This team is extremely deep at all positions.Have your Director call ours, and I'm sure they would love to scrimmage you guys! PS- NO BETTER COACH AROUND THEN TAYLOR PERIOD HAVE A NICE SUMMER!

Didn't DD lose to Legacy in a scrimmage a couple weeks ago? Was that the same team that beat sons? Seems strange

No, that was DD's B team against Legacy A

Why were crush players on that team then? Esspecially if it was just a scrimmage?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw both games DD vs Sons and Crush vs Sons. Have to say I think Crush is better. Crush beats DD

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So transparent. No one is going to bite on this one. At least from the DD's. The people leave it alone. Everyone has opinions, just like something good else...
Saw both games DD vs Sons and Crush vs Sons. Have to say I think Crush is better. Crush beats DD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny thing, the crush lost to the Rising Sun team with those 2 kids 2weeks ago not sure if you are aware of that? You seem to know an awful lot about the DD??? So do you still think the DD is just about 2 kids? Your a foolish little man. This team is extremely deep at all positions.Have your Director call ours, and I'm sure they would love to scrimmage you guys! PS- NO BETTER COACH AROUND THEN TAYLOR PERIOD HAVE A NICE SUMMER!

Didn't DD lose to Legacy in a scrimmage a couple weeks ago? Was that the same team that beat sons? Seems strange

Why were crush players on that team then? Esspecially if it was just a scrimmage?

Crush players weren't on the DD 7B team. They play for the DD 7A team. Somebody said HDD 7A (Taylor's team) lost to Legacy, but it was the HDD 7B team. I was just clarifying that. Again - they were scrimmages, and it was a great night of competitive, fun lacrosse. Please leave it at that, so the HDD-Legacy relationship can remain intact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to agree with you about Boyle, GREAT COACH, BETTER GUY!!!

We love having him coach our 2019 HDD team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DD has 3 2019 teams, and yes that was the B team that lost to the legacy A team.

They're looking for B team scrimmages, if anyone's interested...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush players weren't on the DD 7B team. They play for the DD 7A team. Somebody said HDD 7A (Taylor's team) lost to Legacy, but it was the HDD 7B team. I was just clarifying that. Again - they were scrimmages, and it was a great night of competitive, fun lacrosse. Please leave it at that, so the HDD-Legacy relationship can remain intact!

Yes, that is agreed, the question was why crush F/O was playing on that team that night? That's what I heard, am I wrong?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What game and age are u talking about

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, that is agreed, the question was why crush F/O was playing on that team that night? That's what I heard, am I wrong?

Oh, you're saying you heard the Crush f/o guy was playing for legacy? You know what, I forgot, but I heard that too. Thought you were talking about the 2 kids from Taylor's team that also play on Crush. I don't know the f/o kid, but I did hear that he plays for crush and mama's boyz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also heard he shot Kennedy . Can you people shut the f*** up and please get lives. Nothing better to do but wonder. OMG you got me hooked on this stuff now too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also heard he shot Kennedy . Can you people shut the f*** up and please get lives. Nothing better to do but wonder. OMG you got me hooked on this stuff now too.

Haha! You're hooked too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great 7th grade middle school game yesterday: Manhasset vs. GC. Finished 7-7 with Manhasset coming back to tie things up after being a few goals down. Some really excellent play and (they are in 7th grade after all) some mental mistakes. Manhasset had a few shots to win the game at the end, but the GC defense and goalie came up strong. At the end both sets of boys were thrilled with the tie and shook hands and congratulated their friendly rivals from across the Island. A nice end to a fun game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great 7th grade middle school game yesterday: Manhasset vs. GC. Finished 7-7 with Manhasset coming back to tie things up after being a few goals down. Some really excellent play and (they are in 7th grade after all) some mental mistakes. Manhasset had a few shots to win the game at the end, but the GC defense and goalie came up strong. At the end both sets of boys were thrilled with the tie and shook hands and congratulated their friendly rivals from across the Island. A nice end to a fun game.

Isn't middle school 7th and 8th? Middle school games hard to watch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some schools have separate teams for seventh and separate teams for eighth.
I know Berner, CSH, Manhasset, GC, Wantagh, Lynbrook have these squads.
Most schools have 7/8 combo teams. Some have all three.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Nobody on Mamas Boyz plays for crush also. Please leave Mamas Boyz out of this conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is but even with all the budget problems GC and Manhasset manage to get it done. Our school has 7/8 grade 35 kids one coach. How is it different for other schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some towns have enough players to field an 8th grade team a 7th grade team and some times even a 7th 8th combined. I believe Manhasset and Garden City have grade exclusive teams. Meaning a team comprised of only 7th graders and a team of only 8th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is but even with all the budget problems GC and Manhasset manage to get it done. Our school has 7/8 grade 35 kids one coach. How is it different for other schools.

My kids school has 47 kids, one coach and made up of both 7 and 8th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how people think that. So you think HDD I made up of two kids that are younger BTW ? How ignorant. They have weapons at all positions and are very deep. You must be obsessed with those Crush kids ? Why ? Don't kill the rest of the team with your anger. You should come down an watch them play and see then if you will call them Crush Dawgs. Very creative though.

Why are those "two kids" on DD? What happens when they can't play do to their other commitment? I feel bad for the kids losing playing time whenever these other kids decide to show up. Is it just about winning tournaments? I thought at this age it was about game experience and improvement. Coaches lack confidence in the team they picked from tryouts. Why not just focus on the roster, good coaching and play time will help the team improve.

Why do you care? Youth lacrosse is about making players better AND about increasing their playing time so that they become better players. You make sweeping statements as if you KNOW what the coach's mind-set is HOWEVER you do NOT! Every player on Every HDD team is expected to be at EVERY practice, if they are NOT it effects their playing time. So in your theory, if they are not at practice they should have reduced play, you're right that's how it goes. So quit your obsession with these two KIDS and move along!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how people think that. So you think HDD I made up of two kids that are younger BTW ? How ignorant. They have weapons at all positions and are very deep. You must be obsessed with those Crush kids ? Why ? Don't kill the rest of the team with your anger. You should come down an watch them play and see then if you will call them Crush Dawgs. Very creative though.

Why are those "two kids" on DD? What happens when they can't play do to their other commitment? I feel bad for the kids losing playing time whenever these other kids decide to show up. Is it just about winning tournaments? I thought at this age it was about game experience and improvement. Coaches lack confidence in the team they picked from tryouts. Why not just focus on the roster, good coaching and play time will help the team improve.

Why do you care? Youth lacrosse is about making players better AND about increasing their playing time so that they become better players. You make sweeping statements as if you KNOW what the coach's mind-set is HOWEVER you do NOT! Every player on Every HDD team is expected to be at EVERY practice, if they are NOT it effects their playing time. So in your theory, if they are not at practice they should have reduced play, you're right that's how it goes. So quit your obsession with these two KIDS and move along!

Too bad that's not the reason they play over other kids showing up to every practice, nice try though!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about the long haired kid from the 2019 green team who is in the championship pictures of many hdd teams from 2019 and 2020? does he practice and get/give equal time to the kids on those teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said PP. Or maybe his wife.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about the long haired kid from the 2019 green team who is in the championship pictures of many hdd teams from 2019 and 2020? does he practice and get/give equal time to the kids on those teams?

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you must have some ax to grind give it up whatever the case they are part of a team 1 or 2 kids don't make a team . they don't score all of the goals yes they are exceptional top of their class lacrosse players . But get a clue if you had a set you would name yourself again said go outside and put as much effort into your son and help him get better instead of spending countless hours of thinking of ways to jab at what is a great team of kids and supportive parents . Again name yourself and we can continue this but as long as you live behind this site you are a coward and loser .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me how the MS system works in their school. I understand the 1st/3rd prd and 2nd/4th prd format but who plays what. Is it an A (better players 1st/3rd prd) then B (next level - developing players 2nd/4th prd) and you reward or try and win the games with who is hot in the 5th prd format. Or is it an 8th grade (1st/3rd prd) and 7th grade (2nd/4th prd)format. and a blend in the 5th period. or is there no consistency amongst the schools and it is the coach's discretion.

The reason I ask is it seems our school goes A/B. But I've noticed the teams we've played leave some very talented players to play in that 2nd/4th prd (players who in my opinion are better than those on the 1st/3rd prd). I can understand if they split the team into 2 teams one as 8th and 7th and those talented players are 7th graders, but if you do that who does that help? Why not have those better 7th play with the better 8th, you will need it in the future.

Again my school plays the best players (deserving w/Attitude or skill) from that week in practice (or prior game) regardless of grade. I applaud my school for this and as such love the Modified format/concept they follow. Giving the better players time to gel on the same team giving them a sense of civic pride and building leadership characteristics. As well as giving that developing player (as they all are developing) the opportunity to play and develop with their peers.

But some schools seem to leave a few players on that "second team". I wonder is this on purpose for the sake of a win? or is it Sheer numbers and that player who is talented is just the 7/8/9th middie and you only run 6 middies during the 1st/3rd and you notice that 7th middie's skill more during the 2nd/4th. or is it some boys in the 2nd/4th are gamers and may not show themselves in practice and just pop in a game or the opposite and some go into a shell on game day and do not provide what you see in drills/practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In our school district no matter what the middle school sport is all teams (A/B, RED/White) are evenly put together. There is no "A" or "B" team. I guess it's totally subjective to the school district. I would assume we are in the minority.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me how the MS system works in their school. I understand the 1st/3rd prd and 2nd/4th prd format but who plays what. Is it an A (better players 1st/3rd prd) then B (next level - developing players 2nd/4th prd) and you reward or try and win the games with who is hot in the 5th prd format. Or is it an 8th grade (1st/3rd prd) and 7th grade (2nd/4th prd)format. and a blend in the 5th period. or is there no consistency amongst the schools and it is the coach's discretion.

The reason I ask is it seems our school goes A/B. But I've noticed the teams we've played leave some very talented players to play in that 2nd/4th prd (players who in my opinion are better than those on the 1st/3rd prd). I can understand if they split the team into 2 teams one as 8th and 7th and those talented players are 7th graders, but if you do that who does that help? Why not have those better 7th play with the better 8th, you will need it in the future.

Again my school plays the best players (deserving w/Attitude or skill) from that week in practice (or prior game) regardless of grade. I applaud my school for this and as such love the Modified format/concept they follow. Giving the better players time to gel on the same team giving them a sense of civic pride and building leadership characteristics. As well as giving that developing player (as they all are developing) the opportunity to play and develop with their peers.

But some schools seem to leave a few players on that "second team". I wonder is this on purpose for the sake of a win? or is it Sheer numbers and that player who is talented is just the 7/8/9th middie and you only run 6 middies during the 1st/3rd and you notice that 7th middie's skill more during the 2nd/4th. or is it some boys in the 2nd/4th are gamers and may not show themselves in practice and just pop in a game or the opposite and some go into a shell on game day and do not provide what you see in drills/practice.

My kids MS, plays the A lines in 1/3 periods, and B line plays 2/4. And 5 period is used for coaches discretion.. Meaning A line might go back in, if playing a good team, or the C lines might get a chance if they are winning by a far margin. A/b lines are made up of the better players but most 8th graders seem to fall on the A lines due to maturity/size. But the lines are mixed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kids MS, plays the A lines in 1/3 periods, and B line plays 2/4. And 5 period is used for coaches discretion.. Meaning A line might go back in, if playing a good team, or the C lines might get a chance if they are winning by a far margin. A/b lines are made up of the better players but most 8th graders seem to fall on the A lines due to maturity/size. But the lines are mixed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In our school district no matter what the middle school sport is all teams (A/B, RED/White) are evenly put together. There is no "A" or "B" team. I guess it's totally subjective to the school district. I would assume we are in the minority.

I would not assume anything. In many cases the 8th graders will be the A team so 8/7th split seems natural. That setup will limit some of the 7th graders who are very talented but really just let them shine in the time they are in.

I wonder do the HS coaches look at any of these games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In ours the rule is best play 1st and 3rd (regardless of grade), next best 2nd and 4th. 5th for anyone not in those groups unless the game is real tight...then best go back in.

After 2 scrimmages and two games, the scores have been so lopsided the A line kids haven't yet completed the 3rd...

that said, the boys are having a great time even if the competition hasn't been great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been told that Suffolk County Sextion XI Rules say that 7th & 8th Grade Lacrosse is to be split in "A" and "B" lines. The "A" group plays the first and third and the "B" group plays the second and fourth. The coaches decide what they are going to do if they play a 5th quarter.

When a team has a lot of depth such as Smithtown and Three Village you will see some strong players on the "B" lines. Generally although these players are very strong they might not be able to break into the starting group. If the coach put all of them on the "A" line nobody would get meaningful playing time. It is not the best situation but for the most part the kids are having fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To go along with my other post about not having a " A" or "B" team. We have separate 7th grade and 8th grade teams. Not combined.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We don't combine grades strictly 7th and strictly 8th grade teams. They practice separately, etc...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok everybody , we get it. Let get back to the trash talking about club teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been told that Suffolk County Sextion XI Rules say that 7th & 8th Grade Lacrosse is to be split in "A" and "B" lines. The "A" group plays the first and third and the "B" group plays the second and fourth. The coaches decide what they are going to do if they play a 5th quarter.

When a team has a lot of depth such as Smithtown and Three Village you will see some strong players on the "B" lines. Generally although these players are very strong they might not be able to break into the starting group. If the coach put all of them on the "A" line nobody would get meaningful playing time. It is not the best situation but for the most part the kids are having fun.

Section do rules

Rule 2 states teams will be unequal in skill
Rule 13 states there will be a/b format

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the rules for Suffolk County:

It is "A" / "B" format.

Section XI Rules

B Level Program - Five Period Format
The five period format is mandated for all B level teams in boys lacrosse except for those teams which have opted to be scheduled in regulation contest devices. The extra quarter format for extra participation is not an option for the B level program in Section XI.

Following are the conditions of this program:

1. Only B level teams may participate.

2. Teams shall be divided into two squads of equal numbers and UNEQUAL ability.

3. Coaches must exchange rosters prior to every contest.

4. One squad will play the first and third periods and the other squad will play the second and fourth periods. All players are eligible for the fifth period.

5. All points scored count.

6. Teams having the minimum number of 26 players are obligated to play five periods (unless on austerity) provided their opponents also meet the minimum number requirements.

7. If teams have fewer than 26 players but still can field two full teams, those teams may opt to play five periods. (If substitutes are used, note #8.)

8. No player may play in more than three periods of a five period contest.

9. There is no half-time when five periods are played.

10. Mercy rule: The clock will go to running time in the beginning of the fourth period if one of the teams is ahead by 10 goals or more. The clock will stop on all whistles when the differential goes below 10 goals.

11. Extra compensation forms presented by the officials must be signed by the home coach.

12. Each coach is requested to make a notation on the rating card verifying the extra compensation for the officials.

13. All lacrosse teams must utilize the A/B format. If there are not sufficient numbers to play 5 periods, teams will still use the A/B format but may play 4 periods.

B Level Program - Four Quarters/Regulation Contest
When austerity or insufficient numbers of players dictate that five periods cannot be played at the B level, the following conditions are applicable:

1. The five period format does not have to be utilized.
2. There is a halftime.
3. Extra quarters may not be played.
4. Mercy rule: See #10 above.

Rev. 3/14

Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard