BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,254
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Schoolgirls Tournament/Tryout
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where is the list?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, about half the evaluators were from Suffolk high schools and half were from Nassau. They were from the A,B,C and Catholic HS conferences. So what I am saying is that a HS coach from the C class in Suffolk would not recognize or may have never even seen a Class A "superstar" from Nassau ever play. With that said, we all know that Newsday and MSG Varsity is a joke. They only focus on players and teams that call into them. They get it right part of the time, but get it wrong more often. My opinion.

Certain High Schools have anywhere from four to six players on the rosters and there coaches were the evaluators. It's that simple don't be so damn naive. One young lady was ill for a better part of the day and still made a roster. She happens to be good enough to be there but a "tryout" is a "tryout" unless your coach is an evaluator. Get the numbers of what high schools these kids play at and you will the "coincidence" wink wink of what schools the evaluators coach.

Are you that moronic, yes some high schools have 4-6 kids total on the rosters of the three teams, does it surprise anyone that GC, Manhasset ,St. Anthony,ESM, or MT. Sinai would have multiple kids make teams considering they are nationally ranked programs. Please tell us other than your daughter who did not make a team that should have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a joke.

The rosters seem impressive. Lots of D1 commits.

So is making this team for the purpose of representing LI against other areas for the championship? Or is it a recruiting event?
It was mentioned earlier that the event was a who's who of college coaches... If everyone is committed who are they watching?

Weren't the evaluators supposed to be selecting the best players at the tryout? Based on the players names/colleges they committed to...seems like a talented group...

three teams, 60 players of which 49 are verbally committed (only 11 are not)

explain again how this is a great recruiting event?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, about half the evaluators were from Suffolk high schools and half were from Nassau. They were from the A,B,C and Catholic HS conferences. So what I am saying is that a HS coach from the C class in Suffolk would not recognize or may have never even seen a Class A "superstar" from Nassau ever play. With that said, we all know that Newsday and MSG Varsity is a joke. They only focus on players and teams that call into them. They get it right part of the time, but get it wrong more often. My opinion.

Certain High Schools have anywhere from four to six players on the rosters and there coaches were the evaluators. It's that simple don't be so damn naive. One young lady was ill for a better part of the day and still made a roster. She happens to be good enough to be there but a "tryout" is a "tryout" unless your coach is an evaluator. Get the numbers of what high schools these kids play at and you will the "coincidence" wink wink of what schools the evaluators coach.

Are you that moronic, yes some high schools have 4-6 kids total on the rosters of the three teams, does it surprise anyone that GC, Manhasset ,St. Anthony,ESM, or MT. Sinai would have multiple kids make teams considering they are nationally ranked programs. Please tell us other than your daughter who did not make a team that should have.

A-hole multiple kids is fine and best teams have nothing to do with it. There are great players who are not on good teams. It's an integrity issue! St.A's 4- players GC-7 players CSH-7 players Manhassett 5-players Not sure if any of these Nassau schools had an evaluator present but if I had to guess I would say yes. Mt. Sinai 5-players had an evaluator, Smithtown East 4-players had an evaluator, Huntington 3- players had an evaluator, ESM-3 players had an evaluator, Sachem North-2 players had an evaluator. is that clear enough for you. So by your argument CSH should be all world and Northport and Farmingdale suck. Get your head out of your asses. What a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A-hole multiple kids is fine and best teams have nothing to do with it. There are great players who are not on good teams. It's an integrity issue! St.A's 4- players GC-7 players CSH-7 players Manhassett 5-players Not sure if any of these Nassau schools had an evaluator present but if I had to guess I would say yes. Mt. Sinai 5-players had an evaluator, Smithtown East 4-players had an evaluator, Huntington 3- players had an evaluator, ESM-3 players had an evaluator, Sachem North-2 players had an evaluator. is that clear enough for you. So by your argument CSH should be all world and Northport and Farmingdale suck. Get your head out of your asses. What a joke.

Is the list of girls who made it posted somewhere?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northport and Farmingdale have zero representation? Come on,,,,,,,,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

www.LIMLF.COM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a tournament to win!!! If the players are going there to run up and down the field with the ball LI will not win. Who cares if your kid is recruited or not. Play to win and coaches will like you. these girls represent Long Island.

In the past schools could send a max of 5 players, Not sure when this changed. Blame your high school coach for not sending players and not getting involved. Some coaches are at everything and some could care less about anything that they do not get paid for blame your school teachers union because it is about the money for some school coaches. To bad because these towns have some very good coaches that live there but are not teachers!

Are you sure that there were Farmingdale or Northport players there? I do think that they have a few injuries.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

didn't see any northport girls there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think many if any of the NP or Farmingdale girls tried out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

http://Www.limetrolax.org/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, so first it was a YJ conspiracy, but now that CR wasn't there, now it's a HS coach conspiracy???? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Ok, so first it was a YJ conspiracy, but now that CR wasn't there, now it's a HS coach conspiracy???? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Sounds like a tryout with a built-in bias to me. Are the HS coaches associated with any clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey A-hole, no Northport or Farmingdale kids trying out , you really are a complete moron. Last year no Mt. Sinai players made it, must have been an anti Mt.Sinai conspiracy except for the fact that they did not go to the tryouts. You sir are just a pot stiring [lacrosse] whos kid is apparently from a crappy team and got cut. Wow two kids from sachem north now thats some solid evidence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey A-hole, no Northport or Farmingdale kids trying out , you really are a complete moron. Last year no Mt. Sinai players made it, must have been an anti Mt.Sinai conspiracy except for the fact that they did not go to the tryouts. You sir are just a pot stiring [lacrosse] whos kid is apparently from a crappy team and got cut. Wow two kids from sachem north now thats some solid evidence.

Nice language. What are you 12? Real role model.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice language. What are you 12? Real role model.

Wrong again my child has a teammate from Farmingdale who starts on varsity who did tryout and did not make it, I don't know for sure but I would guess there were others from Northport and Farmingdale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Sounds like a tryout with a built-in bias to me. Are the HS coaches associated with any clubs?

Exactly Powder you are correct again. Mt.Sinai-YJ,ESM-YJ, Huntington-YJ,Sachem North-YJ,CSH-YJ, Manhassett-Liberty and GC well they just take care of there own as all the above did for there High Schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for proving my point no Mt.Sinai last so what happens Mt.Sinai Gnome coach an evaluator and guess what 5 players this year of only two should be there. P.S. I live and Mt.Sinai and the Gnome told some players NOT to tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Yes, about half the evaluators were from Suffolk high schools and half were from Nassau. They were from the A,B,C and Catholic HS conferences. So what I am saying is that a HS coach from the C class in Suffolk would not recognize or may have never even seen a Class A "superstar" from Nassau ever play. With that said, we all know that Newsday and MSG Varsity is a joke. They only focus on players and teams that call into them. They get it right part of the time, but get it wrong more often. My opinion.

Thanks for proving my point no Mt.Sinai last so what happens Mt.Sinai Gnome coach an evaluator and guess what 5 players this year of only two should be there. P.S. I live and Mt.Sinai and the Gnome told some players NOT to tryout.

If you were from Mt. Sinai you would know that NO one tried out last year!!!! There was a playoff game right after the tournament so the TEAM decided it was more important to have fresh legs to win a championship. This year the playoffs are later in the week. Furthermore, for you to say only 2 Mt. Sinai kids deserve to make a school girls team means you have not watched any games or you have no idea what you are looking at! If you happen to be from MT Sinai I am sure you are a disgruntled parent who is pissed off because you think your daughter should be playing! If thats the case your rant is pathetic !!! I doubt that is the case!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For all you conspiracy theorists, Mt Sinai had a 2015 YJ blue 2 year starter for a championship team who is a D1 commit, that did not make the FIRST cut! Explain how that happens if the coaches have all this influence????? The coaches rate 1 station! The highest and lowest scores get thrown out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

http://Www.limetrolax.org/

Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am from the community and thanks Firefighter Bill, you ego maniac YOUR season and watching YOUR games mean nothing, it was a tryout of anonymity, so YOUR past, YOUR championship, YOUR standout players, YOUR club affiliation means nothing. Each player was supposed to be a number on a t-shirt. Our coach was bias period, your ego has you on here defending "the MT.Insano cause" when all of the other parents and coaches are keeping there mouths shut. Typical behavior from you and your cronies. You of all people should know where there is smoke sometimes there is fire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am from the community and thanks Firefighter Bill, you ego maniac YOUR season and watching YOUR games mean nothing, it was a tryout of anonymity, so YOUR past, YOUR championship, YOUR standout players, YOUR club affiliation means nothing. Each player was supposed to be a number on a t-shirt. Our coach was bias period, your ego has you on here defending "the MT.Insano cause" when all of the other parents and coaches are keeping there mouths shut. Typical behavior from you and your cronies. You of all people should know where there is smoke sometimes there is fire.

I am not who you are referring to, so chill out! You can think what you want (even though you are dead wrong). The purpose was the post was to stick up for the 3 girls you said weren't worthy!! I am not even sure which 3 you are referring to, but for you to say those girls only made it because of political influence is ridiculous and unfair !!! If you are so bitter that you can't support or even acknowledge that they are outstanding and hard working players is unwarranted and pathetic. Please don't disparage these girls to make YOURESLF feel better about your own daughters abilities! You have to realize that your attitude will rub off on your daughter and she will have resentment towards her team mates. Is that going to make anything any better? Mt Sinai or any town does not need an anonymous malcontent spewing inaccurate BS. The team has been a tight knit successful program where everyone gets along with no issues! Your attempts to sabotage this are futile! Good luck to you and your daughter. Please be silent on the sideline! No one needs your drama!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not who you are referring to, so chill out! You can think what you want (even though you are dead wrong). The purpose was the post was to stick up for the 3 girls you said weren't worthy!! I am not even sure which 3 you are referring to, but for you to say those girls only made it because of political influence is ridiculous and unfair !!! If you are so bitter that you can't support or even acknowledge that they are outstanding and hard working players is unwarranted and pathetic. Please don't disparage these girls to make YOURESLF feel better about your own daughters abilities! You have to realize that your attitude will rub off on your daughter and she will have resentment towards her team mates. Is that going to make anything any better? Mt Sinai or any town does not need an anonymous malcontent spewing inaccurate BS. The team has been a tight knit successful program where everyone gets along with no issues! Your attempts to sabotage this are futile! Good luck to you and your daughter. Please be silent on the sideline! No one needs your drama!!!

Relax "Mt.Insane O", like you; people are entitled to an opinion,
If my opinion is that coaches including your coach took advantage of a system and YOUR players were benefactors that is the point not a single player was pointed just the number of players. So not every school was represented as an evaluator over site maybe? or lessoned learned maybe? You just continue to prove to everyone that they are correct when it comes to the "Mt.Insane O" better than all when it comes to lax in our community.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If my opinion is that coaches including your coach took advantage of a system and YOUR players were benefactors that is the point not a single player was pointed just the number of players. So not every school was represented as an evaluator over site maybe? or lessoned learned maybe? You just continue to prove to everyone that they are correct when it comes to the "Mt.Insane O" better than all when it comes to lax in our community.

The only thing that is proven is that you have an axe to grind! What "proof" do you have? were you there? No! So all you are doing is speculating at the expense of some great young ladies. Just because you don't write their name doesn't mean you are not singling them out. The list is public! If I am insane for not letting someone disrespect kids then I am fine w it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not from Mt. Sinai but you really need help. You obviously have a kid you think is better than she is. You rant against someone who tries to help your program by scouting other teams etc. and say how its all political when in fact his kid did not make a team.Stop being so negative , I would be willing to bet not one kid on the top team does not have some connection with one of the evaluators in some respect, does that mean its rigged , of course not. Those kids happen to play alot of lacrosse coming in contact at some point with coaches (evaluators) who happen to be more involved in Long Island lacrosse than others. My daughter knew several of the evaluators, some thru club lacrosse, some thru camps, some thru just playing for teams that need kids at tournaments, some thru playing against them in school and club. In some respects its probably does help that they are familiar with her and in others it hurts. No offense but if powder were an evaluator his personal bias would affect his scoring its just human nature, last year it was CR controlling the tryout because she was coaching the top team, this year its a broader YJ conspiracy even if the coach of the top team clearly dislikes YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not from Mt. Sinai but you really need help. You obviously have a kid you think is better than she is. You rant against someone who tries to help your program by scouting other teams etc. and say how its all political when in fact his kid did not make a team.Stop being so negative , I would be willing to bet not one kid on the top team does not have some connection with one of the evaluators in some respect, does that mean its rigged , of course not. Those kids happen to play alot of lacrosse coming in contact at some point with coaches (evaluators) who happen to be more involved in Long Island lacrosse than others. My daughter knew several of the evaluators, some thru club lacrosse, some thru camps, some thru just playing for teams that need kids at tournaments, some thru playing against them in school and club. In some respects its probably does help that they are familiar with her and in others it hurts. No offense but if powder were an evaluator his personal bias would affect his scoring its just human nature, last year it was CR controlling the tryout because she was coaching the top team, this year its a broader YJ conspiracy even if the coach of the top team clearly dislikes YJ.

how can there be a YJ conspiracy when there are so many YJs representing all three teams? That's crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tryout is complete.
NEXT CORRUPT TRYOUT TO COME IS UNDER ARMOUR

Two coaches are YJs and the new addition to the staff is from St Anthonys. This should be a complete and utter sh?t show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tryout is complete.

Two coaches are YJs and the new addition to the staff is from St Anthonys. This should be a complete and utter sh?t show.

You are pathetic , your kid is obviously not that good. Why blame YJ , the person running the show and coaching the top team at school girls is not YJ and not exactly a fan. Please point out a kid who should have made a team that did not. Yes it's annoying to the parents of kids who made a team , my kid comes from a below average school team and yes had 1 coach who is involved with her travel club , not her travel team. Tell your kid to work harder not to blame it on the big bad YJ organization. The kids I know who made the teams from TJ are excellent players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tryout is complete.

You are pathetic , your kid is obviously not that good. Why blame YJ , the person running the show and coaching the top team at school girls is not YJ and not exactly a fan. Please point out a kid who should have made a team that did not. Yes it's annoying to the parents of kids who made a team , my kid comes from a below average school team and yes had 1 coach who is involved with her travel club , not her travel team. Tell your kid to work harder not to blame it on the big bad YJ organization. The kids I know who made the teams from TJ are excellent players.

Please try to have one post without using the terms pathetic, moron or [lacrosse]. Trust me, you'll feel better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you guys want evaluators who have no high school affiliations, no club affiliations but have knowledge of the current girls game.You also want it to be relatively inexpensive so bringing in paid evaluators from outside Long Island would not work. Even if you could get evaluators from outside Long Island you would then get complaints that they are picking a team to lose because they are biased against Long Island or some other non-sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tryout is complete.

Please try to have one post without using the terms pathetic, moron or [lacrosse]. Trust me, you'll feel better.

I'm not blaming it on the YJ organization but the system as a whole. It's completely corrupt. Non deserving kids make the teams over more talented kids each and every year because of their connection to the evaluators/coaches. If you don't think that's the case, you my friend are the pathetic moron you keep calling others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tryout is complete.

Stop blaming YJ when your daughter fails to make a team and be honest with her, she will feel better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tryout is complete.

Stop blaming YJ when your daughter fails to make a team and be honest with her, she will feel better.

I would say 90% of your posts insult either the parents or the players themselves. Not sure why. You apparently have an exceptional athlete as a child, but you are very quick to anonymously hurl insults at people, as well as ridicule the lacrosse skills of teenage girls. You don't have to do this. Be proud of your successes, embrace civilized debate, and most importantly, just enjoy the game of lacrosse. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tryout is complete.

Where is that TJ Club From?

I would say 90% of your posts insult either the parents or the players themselves. Not sure why. You apparently have an exceptional athlete as a child, but you are very quick to anonymously hurl insults at people, as well as ridicule the lacrosse skills of teenage girls. You don't have to do this. Be proud of your successes, embrace civilized debate, and most importantly, just enjoy the game of lacrosse. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This tryout is complete.

The poster can't help themselves. The JY's are run through fear and intimidation. That starts at the top, trickles down through the coaches, then to the players and then to the parents. It is the YJ way to bully other people by calling them names, intimidating them, using hidden agendas, being a political animal and clearly not honoring the game. You see this first hand in the behavior of their coaches and directors both in the high schools they coach at and the travel teams they coach.

Everything they do comes back to being the big bad bully. "Fear the Bee." Overtime as more of their actions on the field, at practice, in tournaments and in tryouts are exposed, the more they will lose their power. We have all seen some of their actions and they are appalling. If some of these coaches pulled the same stuff they do in the classroom that they do on the sidelines, they would be fired or brought before the school board. Why don't people speak up? Fear - plain and simple. This is the YJ way!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is very political,corrupt! High school coaches should not evaluate their own! Why not have have nassau coaches evaluate Suffolk and vise versa! --

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is very political,corrupt! High school coaches should not evaluate their own! Why not have have nassau coaches evaluate Suffolk and vise versa! --

It's a combined team and you would still get the TG crybaby crowd saying its unfair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not blaming it on the YJ organization but the system as a whole. It's completely corrupt. Non deserving kids make the teams over more talented kids each and every year because of their connection to the evaluators/coaches. If you don't think that's the case, you my friend are the pathetic moron you keep calling others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this true, that only school girls team 1 can tryout for US U19 team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard